PC Terrablade should always be the best Melee weapon (at least damage wise).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankaquion

Terrarian
Just think about it. this sword represents the very world itself as a weapon, and you can clearly see by it's sprite, recipe and even name.
So as the 1.3 is coming i think the should buff it (at least the damage) and make it harder to craft so it keeps living up to it's name.
What do you think?

I'm not sure, really. Is there any lore attached to Terraria? Or any reason to keep it the 'strongest' melee weapon in the game? I don't really see the point of it. Yes it is a strong weapon, but if there will be stronger weapons in a new update then so be it.

I don't see why the Terra blade has to stay the ultimate sword, every other "ultimate sword" was outclassed in the next major update. The Night's Edge was beat by the Excalibur in 1.1 and the Excalibur was outclassed by the Terra Blade in 1.2. To some people, the Terra blade has already been outclassed by the Horseman's Blade.

Pretty sure Meowmere will take the place of best sword. @Redigit loves it too much to make it anything but super end game. :p

Meowhere seems fun, but might also become annoying (if it has sound). Still like that sword though, even the name is awesome.. Meowhere..
MEOWHERE!

The problem with leaving 88 to be the top damage for a sword is that then no others word will ever beat out the Terra blade.

And that would be boring...

Damage is only a small portion of how effective a weapon is. Compare the sniper rifle and the tactical shotgun as an example. The sniper rifle may have a much higher damage, but it is extremely slow.The tactical shotgun lacks this damage and is generally faster, and has a high amount of spread, making it capable of insta-gibbing the EOC in a single shot.

To be honest, Because I really like the Terra Blade, and dislikes the fact that it's too classy, I really hope the Meowmere outmatch the Blade

When 1.3 is released.
I really do want a better sword....

How will the new boss(es) be possible to kill on a melee playthrough when the best item only deals 88 damage?
It'll be hard.
And terraria will get boring if weapons under the Terra blades tier are added, and none above the Terra blades tier...

Cenx said that after the 1.3 update the Terra Blade can only be acquired after Plantera. That may hint to a buff, slight or significant.

When 1.3 is released.
I really do want a better sword....

How will the new boss(es) be possible to kill on a melee playthrough when the best item only deals 88 damage?
It'll be hard.
And terraria will get boring if weapons under the Terra blades tier are added, and none above the Terra blades tier...
Terrablade deals 88 damage per swing and 110 damage per beam, which can both deal damage together each swing, at a pretty dang fast swinging speed. 2tiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom