Weapons & Equip TerraBow (and possibly a TerraWave)

What name does this idea deserve?

• TerraBow

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Moonlight Crossbow

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cthugh

Cultist
Hello there, I'm Cthugh, well... down to business, OK?

We all know the emblematic terrablade, but hey, I'm a Ranger, doesn't I have an emblematic gun? But as the chain gun or the tsunami, or even the snowman Cannon we don't actually have something that emblematic as the terrablade is for the melees. So, I suggest you:

The TerraBow

What it is?
A crossbow mounted in the players forearm, visible when held, and looks like this:
terrabow.png

Alternative:
TerraBow .png

Or something like this
Tbow.png

I remember you that it's a bow mounted in the forearm
Working on Moonlight alternative
(my first sprite, be gentle please)

What it does?

Shots 4 bolts of arrows (using only one), much like the tsunami, except that two of those bolts spin around the other two, like this:
snapshot_1418182986675~01.png
The green bolts looks like the arrow while the spinning (blue) ones look like the pulse bow projectiles
Only the effects of the ones in the center would be applied
Each bolt do 65 damage, meaning it would do around 260 damage in total

Stats:
65 damage (each bolt) = 260 damage (total)
23 use time
10 velocity
2 knock back
Doesn't have auto fire
But it's projectiles are not affected by gravity

Great, how do I get one?

This is tricky but it's not like the Terrablade
You need a "Last Light" bow + Hallowed Repeater + String of the Archer + Last Heroe Arc
OK, the Hallowed Repeater is easy but how about the others Materials?

The "Last Light" is a prehardmode bow, just a bit better that the molten fury but better in everything
Is crafted with [Demon Bow or Tendon Bow] + Molten Fury + jungle spores*5 + bones*20

Its stats are:
32 base damage
23 use time
7 velocity
2 knockback
No auto fire
Arrows low affected by gravity (only in a 50%)

The String of the Archer would be dropped by the Eyezoar
The last Heroe Arc by the Paladin
Their chances are not that low as they are rare enemies, but definitely are not a first kill thing

That's almost everything I got for the TerraBow and stay tuned for my TerraWave:
A magic Spell with great knock back and powerful force in close /medium range

Please leave a comment if you hated/loved or anything else, suggestions appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• terrabow.png
    terrabow.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 193
  • Tbow.png
    Tbow.png
    477 bytes · Views: 210
Last edited:
Sprite looks pretty good. There’s a few 1x1 pixels in there though.

Also, ranged weapons are sprited horizontaly.

The name is very unoriginal first off. Sprite is really good for your first time.
Yeah, bout' the name, it started in another thread where someone told "yeah we need a terrashark", but it was Offtopic, so I said "I will make my own thread about the TerraBow with gambling games and... Wait this is a e rated forum, just the terrabow then"
yet, I think that an crossbow over your forearm that is still visible when held (even when not using it) could be cool. But I couldn't think of a better name, if you have any suggestions please tell me (and terrablade is not quite original hahaha)
[I feel proud of my sprite]

Yeah, bout' the name, it started in another thread where someone told "yeah we need a terrashark", but it was Offtopic, so I said "I will make my own thread about the TerraBow with gambling games and... Wait this is a e rated forum, just the terrabow then"
yet, I think that an crossbow over your forearm that is still visible when held (even when not using it) could be cool. But I couldn't think of a better name, if you have any suggestions please tell me (and terrablade is not quite original hahaha)
[I feel proud of my sprite]

Terrablade is the first weapon with the Terra prefix. So its not very original... It IS the original.

I like the name Last Light to be honest

Terrablade is the first weapon with the Terra prefix. So its not very original... It IS the original.

I like the name Last Light to be honest
Yeah, I was thinking about something like nights edge (related, but not quite the same) and last light pop out, but a name for the TerraBow... It's harder, specially for color palette used
The name last light also sound related to the lights bane, isn't it?
(and about Terra as a prefix, when first heard it I didn't think about it as original... I mean, that's the name of game, but it turns out as a representative of the game and specially of the melee class, it's a great weapon, and now respect the name but initially those where my thoughts about it)
[DOUBLEPOST=1418190327][/DOUBLEPOST]What about Moon Light as a name for it?
The moon is quite important in the terraria game play, so it may not be as emblematic as Terra [something] (although I actually like Terra wave as an spell name) but still be quite important

Yeah, I was thinking about something like nights edge (related, but not quite the same) and last light pop out, but a name for the TerraBow... It's harder, specially for color palette used
The name last light also sound related to the lights bane, isn't it?
(and about Terra as a prefix, when first heard it I didn't think about it as original... I mean, that's the name of game, but it turns out as a representative of the game and specially of the melee class, it's a great weapon, and now respect the name but initially those where my thoughts about it)
[DOUBLEPOST=1418190327][/DOUBLEPOST]What about Moon Light as a name for it?
The moon is quite important in the terraria game play, so it may not be as emblematic as Terra [something] (although I actually like Terra wave as an spell name) but still be quite important

Mythical Monlight Bow........dis I like :)

TerraWave does sound cool and is pretty catchy. Leave that name how it is I guess.

Mythical Monlight Bow........dis I like :)

TerraWave does sound cool and is pretty catchy. Leave that name how it is I guess.
It's technically a crossbow, so it would be [Unreal] Moonlight Crossbow (Mythical I think is for magic weapons)
Other options are "New Moon" (Unreal New Moon) Howling blast [or something else]

It's technically a crossbow, so it would be [Unreal] Moonlight Crossbow (Mythical I think is for magic weapons)
Other options are "New Moon" (Unreal New Moon) Howling blast [or something else]

Forgive me I just started playing Terraria after a long vacation lol. I like New Moon and Moonlight Bow. Your suggestion so its your choice. I don't for see anything involving the moon matching that color palette though.

Forgive me I just started playing Terraria after a long vacation lol. I like New Moon and Moonlight Bow. Your suggestion so its your choice. I don't for see anything involving the moon matching that color palette though.
I will change the color palette, or re do the sprite, but thanks for the suggestion about the name change, it's really helpful know what others think... But I'm going to change the name and the sprite tomorrow (unless terraria mobile in Amazon gets uodated)

I was thinking that the "TERRABOW" (sry for caps) would be a crossbow I don't know how to make sprites on mobile so yeah I just thout it would be a cross bow

Um, i kinda already did this... But i actually abandoned that thread a long time ago... And your sprites are better...

The concept of Terra items is starting to get old now, probably as old as my dishwasher, which reminds me... Anyway, the ideas are a little un-developed, but I guess they're alright. And yeah, originality-wise, I wouldn't say this is that unique of a suggestion.

Nice sprite.

you didn't get sprite orientation right. ranged weapon sprites should point right, not upper-left. melee weapon sprites point upper-right, same for magic.

you didn't get sprite orientation right. ranged weapon sprites should point right, not upper-left. melee weapon sprites point upper-right, same for magic.
yeah, im on it
also tring to decide if terrabow is the correct name, if not, then im going to make a different sprite.

Back
Top Bottom