tModLoader [1.3] TerraClasses mod

Nakano15

Terrarian
Latest Version: 0.3.2.3 (1/31/2022)

What about checking out my partner?
Get 25% off on your first month hosting a game server by using nakano15 code.

Help Nakano continue doing cool stuff!

This mod is actually a work in progress, and is in need of tweaks on a number of things, aswell as implement new classes, but feel free to try it.

This mod adds class system to the game, with their own skills. Those classes aren't exactly bound to combat types Terraria has, and neither limit you to only one.
You may unlock your first class once you reach Terrarian class level 10, and you can have up to 5 classes on your character, each giving their own skills and bonus to your character, and without any kind of restriction of which class you can pick next.
There are class lore books you need to find to unlock said classes, and once you complete their trials, the classes will be unlocked for any character you create.

If you want to download, you can use the link bellow, or you can also find it on Mod Browser, for your convenience :) :
Mega - https://mega.nz/folder/wlAGlBgR#qulyFby0cPJy10hXlHEm2A

This mod has a github page. I'm not sure how this is going to help you, but whatever.

If you want a comunity to chat about my mods, you can access:
Discord: I check the discord group sometimes, so you may ask for support there.
Steam Group: If you want direct support from me in another way. And only enter the chat if you want to talk to other people, or is in need of support.

Last edited:
um, regarding the classes your trying to think up skills for. what roles do they play? for example do you see thief as a damage dealing class? evasive or utility based? how do you envision the roles?

I plan the classes based on their skills gameplay.
Fighter for example would be best suitable for direct combat. Thief would be a more indirect combat, focusing on surviving and inflicting damage.
Mage has a lot of toys to inflict huge damage on their target. Archer would benefit those who likes bows and repeaters.

I don't intend to make the classes work by their roles, but instead by the gameplay changing skills they could offer. Or simply allow you to pick the classes with the coolest skills or most interesting skills you could use.

I made an update to change the interface of the classes and the way you open It, to fit the new interface NExperience gained.
Made NExperience and TerraClasses interfaces not get over one another.
Changed the class info interface.
It's now wider.
Like in NExperience, now there is a button to allow you to open and close the class list interface.
I had to change the position of the skills quickslots when the class interface is open.
The class name no longer opens the class info interface.
The class name on the lower left part of the screen will now be Yellow when you have mastered It.
You can now change the lower left class exp bar position on the mod options.
Sadly, the positioning is based on a decimal multiplication of your game screen size, so you'll need to change the position by decimal values.
And then, brother and sister stopped fighting. Probably.

Time for a little resurrection on this thread:
Class lore books arrives!
-> You must unlock the book knowledge before you be able to change to that class.
-> Once you unlock a class, any character that can change class will be able to pick that class.
-> Progress of the Class lore book is shared between all characters, regardless of world.
-> They can be found in a variety of ways. Starter classes comes from town npcs shops.
Everyone's classes selected were wiped, so everyone returned to Terrarian level 1 class.
-> Classes acquired before the wipe will not be unlocked.
-Cerberus Class
-> -Cerberus Form
-> -> Now makes demons passive to your character.
-> -> Gained some animation changes, from breathing animation to tail animation.
-> -> Reduced the number of sparks that spawns on the feet.
-> -Added Elemental Breath combat skill.
-> -Added Fire Breath skill.
-Merchant Class
-> -Added Discount skill.
-> -Avarice
-> -> Now has a delay before It tries finding a nearby chest.
-Archer Class
-> -Added Swift Step skill.
-> -Added Precision skill.
-Mage Class
-> -Added Spell Resist skill.
Added the Sharpshooter class.
-> This is not a beginner class, but It's still buyable.
Added the Berseker class.
-> Not a begginer class either. You can find it in a place where monsters surges from every hallway you go.
Added the Summoner class.
-> You can buy this book, you can even get It before hard mode.
You can toggle on the Debug mode on the mod settings.
-> That will help you test classes and stuff.
That's not the entire change log, because I forgot to log other changes.
Anyway, have fun.

New update is out:
CP reward text will now only be displayed for monsters you helped kill.
- It was only displaying the text before even if you didn't helped kill It, so even if you didn't got CP, It was showing the CP reward text.
-Mage
- Soul Rage
- - Skill got the Max Level reduced to 10.
- - The skill will now work differently: Launching a number of bolts, on a number of targets around the mouse position.
- - Cooldown increased from 6 to 35.
- - Gained Cast Time of half a second.
- Fireball
- - Max Level reduced to 10.
- - Gained cast time if 1/3 of a second.
- - Cooldown reduced to 16 seconds.
- Meteor Shower
- - Changed the damage factor of It: Instead of 140% + 30% per level of damage, went to 140% + 12% per level of damage.
- - Cooldown went from 45 seconds to 1 minute and 25 seconds.
- Chain Lightning
- - New Spell.
- - Electrocutes the targets at the range of the mouse position.
-Archer
- Bone Arrow Barrage
- - Renamed to Arrow Barrage.
- - Changed the Bone Arrows to normal Arrows, instead.
- - Fixed a bug where the condition seems to require not to have a bow in your inventory?
- - Now shows your character using the bow to shot the arrows.
- - Arrows will no longer has the chance to drop items when they hit something.
- - Cooldown reduced to 18 seconds.
- Arrow Rain
- - Fixed a bug where the condition seems to require not to have a bow in your inventory?
- - Now shows your character using the bow to shot the arrows.
- - The rain will no longer follow you horizontally.
- - Cooldown increased to 22 seconds.
- Swift Step
- - New Skill
- - Boosts your movement speed by 20% for 30 seconds.
- Precision
- - New Skill
- - Precision increases the slower you move. Higher precision, higher damages and critical hit rate.
-Sharpshooter
- Supressive Fire
- - Now shows your character actually using your gun to shot.
- - Gained a cast time of half a second.
-Cleric
- Heal
- - Now heals allies around the mouse position, instead of player position.
- - Cast time set to 1/3 of a second.
- - Now shows It's effect.
- Repel Undead
- - Cast time set to half a second.
-Summoner
- Summon Potence
- - Your companions now gains a media of critical rate, based on your character overall critical rate.
Some skills will unallow you to use other skills while they are in use.
Added Cast Time possibility to some skills.
- The cast time will, as the name implies, need you to wait until the skill charges to launch It.
- Depending on the skill, the area of effect will be shown while the skill is casting. Use It to make as many targets be inside the area of the effect as you can.
- A cast bar will be shown above the head of your character, when casting a skill.
Added an option to allow you to make your character say the name of the skill they just used.
- That will make you a cooler hero.
Some skills now got an improved functionality, since I made It possible to not only create, but also get internal data necessary for the skills.

Enjoy :3

New Hotfix has been launched:
The Terrarian class is no longer visible on the class list, and neither you will be able to spend points on It.
- Now, the level of Basic Abilities is based on the class level. Reaching class level 10 have all skill slots unlocked, includding the Class Change.
- Due to this change, the Terrarian class no longer counts towards the total count of classes you have, so you can pick other 5 classes to change.
Fixed a problem where "Summon Potence" skill would case your character to crash.
You no longer have basic abilities to level up, in order to unlock skill slots or class change, but you will not get one extra class slot to place any class on your character.

The wiki makes me feel sad as theres no descriptions at all of the classes. At least a general idea would be nice.

I created the wiki like, last week, so It's kind of expected not to have infos about the classes.
And I'm really busy mantaining the mods, so I can't really spend much time working on the wiki.

The alternative you have is to check the Github page of the mod, then check the skills script files and read their description, for a brief explanation of what they do. Some of the skills may not be disponible yet on the class, because It's still in development, or is simply a draft right now, like in the Mage class case.

Other players also have reported about the class change being very vague, I'll have to change the class selection interface, to give you more infos on what the classes have to offer, before you decide if you want to change or not.

Sorry for the hiatus, guys. I actually have been working on It from time to time, and fixing some stuffs, but this update seems fine to be launched.
Now you can check the skills the class offers before changing classes.
Difficulty readjusting system implemented:
-> The difficulty will be readjusted by a number of specific factors.
-> The difficulty change will be represented by stars that appears on the top of the screen.
-> The more stars It has, the more buffed the monsters will get.
-> NPCs get 20% more health and damage, and 10% more defense multiplied by number of stars.
-Sharpshooter
-> -Supressive Fire
-> -> Bullets shot by It now pierces through 3 + 5 / Level targets.
-> -Snipe
-> -> It functions partially like Supressive Fire, in the way skill works. Instead of waiting for you to try shotting to have the skill be used, It will now instead shot after 1/3 of a second has passed after skill usage.
-> -> -> This is to avoid an issue where certain weapons, like clockwork assault rifle, were never triggering this skill effect.
-> -Marksmanship
-> -> New skill. Increases damage far away enemies receive from ranged attacks.
-Summoner
-> -Summon Potence
-> -> Removed the twice damage multiplier given by the critical effect of the summon. That was actually causing summons to inflict 4 times the damage, in the end.
-Knight
-> Class arrives.
-Fighter
-> Fixed Progressive Attack skill.
-> Added Piercing Shot.
-Cleric
-> Added Increase Agility, Bane Demons and Bane Undead skills.
-> Added Divine Smite passive skill.
-Thief
-> Gained a number of skills.
Skeleton variants now counts toward goals of killing them.
There is no longer the chance of getting 0 CP.
The mod will no longer try giving cp, neither showing how much cp you've acquired from killing something that gives none.
Fixed a bug on a number of skills that gives buffs, where the buffs were giving you NOTHING!
You can no longer click the skill slots while the skills window isn't opened.
Thief skill book no longer unlocks Cleric class.
A number of classes got new skills, and a few of them got changed, aswell as fixes includded.
The change log may not bring all skills added/changed, since I was doing the changes without logging them. :x Sorry

Enjoy :3.

If you still need ideas for classes maybe you could do a type of reaper/dark mage class that focuses on debuffs like poison and crowd control for multiple enemies. They would probably use tomes and staffs like mages i guess

If you still need ideas for classes maybe you could do a type of reaper/dark mage class that focuses on debuffs like poison and crowd control for multiple enemies. They would probably use tomes and staffs like mages i guess
One thing I learned in all those years playing rpgs and mmos, is that It's not fun when you restrict the gameplay of people.
The idea of a class that handles debuffs and crowd control is really great, though. I'll try thinking of something that could fit on that description.

New update/Hotfix launched.
-Cerberus Class
-> -Elemental Breath
-> -> Now can shot while you're using an item, instead of when you just press the attack button.
-> -Frost Breath
-> -> New Skill. Launches Frost Bolts to the mouse direction.
-> -Lightning Breath
-> -> New Skill. Launches Thunder Bolts to all enemies in front of you.
-> -Cerberus Form
-> -> Immunity to Lava.
-> -> Immunity to Lava Blocks.
-> -> On Fire! debuff now restores your health.
Fixed an issue that could cause crashes upon reloading mods.
Cerberus gained quite a number of magic skills, but now I need to think about the melee skills.

Edit:. Version 0.3.1.2 launched. The only thing It adds is a option to turn off the star difficulty effect from monsters.

Last edited:
Hey guys! This project advanced a bit further, but the interface will still need some work. By interface, of course I mean the class, skill and the skill slots hud.
Anyway, here's the change log of the latest version.
Fixed an issue where passive skills weren't having their time variable increase.
-Cerberus Class
-> -Lightning Breath
-> -> Buffed a bit the distance It travels, when It can't find a target.
-> -> Also buffed the distance travelled when It finds a target.
-Summoner Class
-> -Haunting Presence
-> -> Skill fixed due to passives having their time variables increase again.
-> -Summon Queen Bee
-> -> New Skill.
-> -> Invoke the Queen Bee to summon bees to attack foes around you.
-> -Summon Demons
-> -> New Skill.
-> -> Summon one or a horde of demons to launch scythes at nearby foes.
Fixed a bug related to selecting skills on the list.
Added Class Deletion and Skill Reset possibility.
-> For now, they are free and can be done at any time.
-> Class deletion doesn't stops you from picking It again.
Changing classes no longer bugs NExperience Mod interface.
As mentioned above, the class deletion and skill reset are free at the moment. That may change in the future, but I plan on doing so after I revamp the mod interface.

By the way, I plan on changing the skill slot system, so instead of using text, It uses an icon. I hope nobody minds if I economize on icon size, unless you guys don't mind if a skill is shown 32x32 size in-game (32x32 is literally 2x2 Terraria tiles stacked together).

Anyways, have fun. :D

Here comes a hotfix.
-Summoner
-> -Summon Demon
-> -> Increased severelly the cooldown between each shot.
-> -> Fixed an issue where the skill cooldown wasn't set.
-> -> Demons will not longer launch scythes when fading in/out.
-> -> Shot cooldown is no longer influenced by number of demons invoked.
Summon Demon skill was way too good.

Long time no update, eh TerraClasses? But finally you got icons... Somewhat.
Skill level before the skill is used will be logged inside the skill.
-> That was done to avoid bugs and crashes to happen when spending points on a skill currently in use.
-Berseker
-> -Frenzy
-> -> Instead of dropping the defense to 0, will drop It by half.
-Summoner
-> -Haunting Presence
-> -> Will now only shoot if the aimed target is in able to be shot by player point of view.
-Fighter
-> Eased the number of Zombies and Skeletons you must kill to complete the lore.
-> -Progressive Attack
-> -> No longer shows combo progress on your character.
-> -> Removed attack speed bonus.
-Archer
-> Eased the number of Demon Eyes you have to kill to complete the lore.
-Cleric
-> Eased the number of Demon Eyes and Zombies you have to kill to complete the lore.
-Mage
-> Buffed number of Fallen Stars you need to collect.
-> Nerfed the number of Vultures you need to kill.
-> Chain Lightning
-> -> Removed maximum target cap.
-> Soul Rage
-> -> Removed maximum target cap.
-Summoner
-> Nerfed the number of Snatchers, Variegated Lardfish and Hornets to complete the lore.
-> -Summon Demon
-> -> Summoned Demon now teleports to your position when too far away from you.
-> -Queen Bee Summon
-> -> Summoned Queen Bee now teleports to your position when too far away from you.
-Thief
-> Nerfed the number of Shackles and Zombies to complete the lore.
-> Poisonous Strike
-> -> The extra damage caused by attacks will no longer be discounted by defense.
-> -> Only melee attacks will cause this effect.
-Cerberus
-> -Cerberus Head
-> -> New Skill
-> -Paw Strike
-> -> New Skill
-> -Claw Slash
-> -> New Skill
The mod will no longer ask for classes from other mods.
-> Now, to add a custom mod content, you need to use MainMod.AddModContent to add your mod version of class and skill content.
All classes now gives innate status bonus to the player.
-> The bonus status given by a class:
-> -> They give 2% bonus to the status they are reffered to.
-> -> All classes gives a total of 10 status bonus among all status that gives bonus, except for Terrarian class.
-> You can check it on the class list.
Changed the way skill infos are displayed on the interface from text to icons.
-> The skills now have foreground and background icons.
-> -> Foreground icons are unique for each skill type.
-> -> Foreground icons are still not implemented, so It will only display the default foreground icon.
-> -> Background icons are setup to the skill in another way. That way can change the layout of the background of the skill icon.
-> The color of the skill background icon changes depending on the class.
-> -> Each class has their skill color.
-> Instead of clicking the skill slots to set the skills as active or combat skill, you must now drag and drop the icon of the skill you want to change to the slot.
-> You can remove the currently selected skill by right clicking its slot, while the class interface is opened.
-> Skill icons will show how much time until the skill will become useable again.
Now the mod probably feels more like a class rpg mod. Or at least based on N Terraria versions.

Oh yeah, by the way: Classes now gives an innate status bonus to your character, regardless of your character passive status. Each point given on a status, equals to 2% of status bonus to that status.

No class will in any way lower your status by picking one of them as your active! The only status change is none or up!

Have fun :D

I launched a hotfix to solve an infuriating issue.
Fixed an issue where the mod tried to use disposed texture for skill background, upon reloading mods.
No more crashing upon reloading mods!

Hi just downloaded your mod and am trying it out but im having a lot of issues, i just got to terrarian master by getting it to level 10, but when I open the class interface it only has one option "new class" but when I click it it shows some text on the right in the orange part of the interface that reads "class advancement disponible" I'm not sure what to do here and was hoping you could help, do I need the Nexperience mod as well?

The way the class system works on this mod is got a few changes compared to N Terraria:
To unlock classes, you need to find their Lore Books, and complete their tasks. Once you complete all their tasks and use the book again, the lore of the class is unlocked for any character you play with, which means you can change into that class any time you are able to advance class.

N Experience isn't necessary to play this mod.

I'll definitelly have to add some extra text to explain how the class system works to avoid further confusion.

Back
Top Bottom