Status
Not open for further replies.

skyblueyoshi

Terrarian
logo10.png

Welcome to the TerraCraft project!
Introduction

Hi there!

TerraCraft is a massive 2D sandbox FANGAME combines Minecraft and Terraria, developed using C++ language and a self-made game engine. The content of TerraCraft is based on Minecraft and its well-known mod packages. For the official content of Minecraft, please refer to Mojang Studios and relevant mod authors’ descriptions. If you like this fangame, just show your support to the best Minecraft and Terraria!

After Terraria: Otherworld was officially announced to be terminated, I decided to make a fan game of Terraria, which named TerraCraft. I've been working on TerraCraft project since at least September 2018, and it takes me about two years to finish the first TerraCraft version.

TerraCraft is the first 2D sandbox platform game which allow you to play on an INFINITE world in one map. TerraCraft uses a dynamic chunk technology similar to Minecraft, so every world you create is infinite. TerraCraft’s unique portal system can save all your locations for teleportation, allowing you to explore more secrets of the unlimited world!

The current version of TerraCraft implements infinite map width, and also implements the surface layer, the underground layer, and the nether layer. In future updates, more layers will be added to create a world of infinite height and infinite depth and make TerraCraft truly become an infinite world!

TerraCraft supports multiplayer mode, you can run the TerraCraftServer and play this game with your friends!

Screenshot

CB.png

CB2.png

CB3.png

CB4.png

CB5.png

CB6.png

CB7.png

CB8.png

CB9.png

Video

This is a video of TerraCraft Pre-Alpha 1.0.2​

TerraCraft Downloads and Community
TerraCraft Official Community

TerraCraft Layers Plan

Making an infinite world is my childhood dream. There is my plan for how to design the infinite world.
Each layer has a unique way to reach, so you don't have to dig down all the time.
These layers will be implemented in the future.

0. End Layer (Pending)
1. Space Layer (Pending)
2. Surface Layer (Y: 400~600, implemented)
3. Underground Layer (Y: 600~2560, implemented)
4. Nether Layer (Y: 2560~3072, implemented)
5. Crimson Forest Layer (Y: 3072~4096, coming soon)
6. The Twilight Forest Layer (Y: 4096~6144, coming soon)
7. Crystal layer (Y: 6144~6656, a start of hardmode, pending)
8. Corrosion Layer (Y: 6656~7168, pending)
9. Radiation Layer (Y: 7168~9216, pending)
10. Core Layer (Y: 9216~11264, a place for fighting final boss, pending)
11. Extreme Pressure Alpha Layer (Y: 11264~12288, pending)
12. Extreme Pressure Beta Layer (Y: 12288~13312, pending)

Last edited:
It looks fun, sadly currently I can’t play on my computer, and from what I can tell, it seems like terraria otherworld looks kind of bit not completely, I really like the style, seems like the game would be fun, I’ll check it out when I can!

Is there any way to change the controls? The controls seem similar to default minecraft controls but since this is a 2d game I'm instinctively trying to use terraria controls and I keep throwing my items!

Is there any way to change the controls? The controls seem similar to default minecraft controls but since this is a 2d game I'm instinctively trying to use terraria controls and I keep throwing my items!
In the current version, I have not yet implemented custom controls. Currently, it is based on minecraft controls. Once I have the free time, I will add the function of custom controls.

Oh man it was wonderful
First cave i entered there was a nether portal but i will go there tomorow
And i hope you implement a way to make some animals to not despawn cause i found a black rabbit it was so cute but when i died and came back to home my purple shep and the rabit wasn't there ;-;
However i hope you update this and make it as cool as both games are

Last edited:
电路.gif

This is a redstone wire system test. The operation is based on tr and the crafting recipes are based on mc. You need a spider string and one redstone to craft one wire. You can also get the strings from cobweb.

I would like to ask something, we will have bosses from both of the games? Like, the Wither, Eye of cthulhu (I always have problems to write this), cause i would love to see bosses from both games in one.
Sorry if i annoy, just a question.

About the infinite world of terracraft, I spent a lot of time researching this function and finally implemented it using hash chunks technology. In the public test phase, this technology performed very well. I hope terraria 2 can also make infinite world, it is not too hard to impl.
There are chunks and sub-chunks, and both style of chunks has their different functions. A chunk is a 1024*1024 area, which runs the dynamic world generator and checks every player entities for loading or unloading. A sub-chunk is a 32*32 area, which handles mob spawning and runs every block entities such as furnaces and brewing stands. Once I have the time to create a wiki website I will write the detail.

You misspelled 'silver' as 'sliver' in every piece of silver gear or is this actually supposed to be a fantasy metal known as sliver?
lol, my bad. It's actually called 'silver'. I am not very familiar with some english words and I'll fix it next version. Thanks for pointing out the translation problem, I hope you can report more misspelling problem.

I would like to ask something, we will have bosses from both of the games? Like, the Wither, Eye of cthulhu (I always have problems to write this), cause i would love to see bosses from both games in one.
Sorry if i annoy, just a question.
The early version of terracraft only has two bosses: the Nether Destroyer and Snow Queen. The Nether Destroyer lives in nether fortress and you need to break the altar to summon it. The Snow Queen sleeps in aurora palace and you should right-click on the glass ball to wake up the queen.

About MC's bosses: Because it is an infinite world, my plan is to impl more layers (under the Nether layer, or above the Surface layer). I will impl the Crimson Forest layer firstly and impl the Twilight Forest layer secondly and next impl the End layer in space. The Crimson Forest layer I will add the Wither as a boss. The Twilight Forest layer will has more bosses such as Naga, Questing Ram, Twilight Lich, Minoshroom, Hydra, Ur-Ghast, Knight Phantom etc. They are the Twilight Forest Mod's bosses and I like this mod very very much. And I will add the Ender Dragon in the End layer (in space). My plan is that the players must wear spacesuits or some other things in the end layer, otherwise the player will die of suffocation or cosmic radiation.

About TR's bosses: I plan to add tr bosses which after the Wall of Flesh and make them live in deeper layers. For now I have no clear bosses plan yet.

I have watched a lot of tr mod videos, so I have a lot of ideas about how to design the bosses.

Last edited:
The early version of terracraft only has two bosses: the Nether Destroyer and Snow Queen. The Nether Destroyer lives in nether fortress and you need to break the altar to summon it. The Snow Queen sleeps in aurora palace and you should right-click on the glass ball to wake up the queen.
Because it is an infinite world, if I can impl the Twilight Forest layer (under the Crimson Forest layer, which under the Nether layer), I will add more bosses such as Naga, Questing Ram, Twilight Lich, Minoshroom, Hydra, Ur-Ghast, Knight Phantom etc. They are the Twilight Forest Mod's bosses. The Twilight Forest layer is the best layer for fighting bosses. Also I plan to add tr bosses after the Wall of Flesh in deeper layers and make them harder.

I have several ideas for bosses, if you want to hear them. And several ideas for other things, but the decision is yours. By the way, I think you should work on modifying the character. But still the game looks great.
I like this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom