Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Update Released: v0.3.3
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.8.3.1 and Terraria 1.3.2.1
  • Should fix all "minecart & mod worldgen" related bugs
No new features, but I need suggestions again. What's needed most right now?

Update Released: v0.3.3
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.8.3.1 and Terraria 1.3.2.1
  • Should fix all "minecart & mod worldgen" related bugs
Just a question. Isn't world gen for 1.3.2.1 exactly the same as for 1.3.1.1?

Just a question. Isn't world gen for 1.3.2.1 exactly the same as for 1.3.1.1?
Yeah, but fixes in tmodloader and the possibility of mods spawning 1.3.2 items or tiles means it's worth mentioning.

Edit: Oh, here are some screenshots, showing Tremor, Thorium, and Crystilium mods enabled. (Not like you can see, but the mod ores from tremor and thorium are there. You can see the Crystilium biome though)

PNI5drP.png

zUECC3w.png

Kh9AcWD.png

i wonder if flat spawns r hardcoded in2 the game `:confused: all of my attempts @ creating a crazy sprawling mountainous surface have a superflat spawn. (w/ like, some jagged dips, but the line of best fit is still basically flat) once it gets 2 the surface tunnels tho, we're good, but i wanted the world 2b fun 2 navigate & build in from the very beginning.

the important stuff im doing:

Large Expert World
surface height variance @ 1000%
lower limit @ ~16%
upper limit @ 35-40%
surface tunnels @ ~5000%

anything i should change?
it seems like the game deliberately chops off blocks in spawn after a certain height, right after all the blocks r generated. maybe the next feature could b a setting 2 tell the game not 2 butcher every single world like that

I don't know if this is possible but it would be interesting to be able to gen a world with a pre-existing above ground mushroom biome. And the ability to control the biome the initial spawn point is in. Currently it's possible to have it in the Forest or Snow biome and while you can spawn on a cloud island I think that might technically be a bug. Snow starts and cloud island starts can be interesting and it would be cool to be able to choose them instead of just hoping. And I suppose someone might want to try other biome starting points as a challenge mode or something.

I had some suggestions/requests previously:
I was wondering if any of the following are possible or could be added?
  1. If you spawn both Crimson and Corruption, it generates 2/3/4 of each (small/medium/large worlds respectively). Is it possible to restrict it so that it generates only 2/3/4 total? (Maybe this falls under the "Corruption/Crimson amounts" wishlist item?)
  2. An option to control the number of paintings generated? (Similar to statues.)
  3. An option to control the amount of furniture generated in the Dungeon, Obsidian Towers and/or underground cabins?
  4. An option to restrict snow/desert generating within X blocks horizontally of the world centre? (1.3 was pretty bad about always generating the snow practically on top of the spawn point.)
  5. An option to guarantee an Enchanted Sword Shrine contains an Enchanted Sword and/or an Arkhalis?
  6. An option to pre-generate some Hallow? (Maybe it could generate a Corruption/Crimson cave with Pearlstone and Hallowed grass instead of the normal variant. Or it could generate over a bit of otherwise normal Forest. The hardmode stripes don't quite have the same effect.)
  7. Ability to restrict Shadow Orbs generating in Crimson caves, and vice versa?
  8. Number of Pyramids?
  9. Option to restrict the amount of sand/desert? (Another 1.3 worldgen change. Underground Desert and Ocean excluded, worldgen dumps sand all over the place.)
  10. Option to control the number of Obsidian Towers generated, along with hellstone variants and how far from centre they can be placed?

Are any of those possible? Do any of them sound interesting? Particularly 1, 6, 7 and 9 would be nice. :) Thanks in advance if any are added!

I've been meaning to download the source and take a look at it but I never remember. If TerraCustom uses the same decompiler as TModLoader, then I might not be able to do much anyway. The decompiler doesn't play nice with the GOG version of Terraria. It's another thing I've been meaning to investigate properly, and another thing I never remember / have the time for...

i wonder if flat spawns r hardcoded in2 the game `:confused: all of my attempts @ creating a crazy sprawling mountainous surface have a superflat spawn. (w/ like, some jagged dips, but the line of best fit is still basically flat) once it gets 2 the surface tunnels tho, we're good, but i wanted the world 2b fun 2 navigate & build in from the very beginning.

the important stuff im doing:

Large Expert World
surface height variance @ 1000%
lower limit @ ~16%
upper limit @ 35-40%
surface tunnels @ ~5000%

anything i should change?
it seems like the game deliberately chops off blocks in spawn after a certain height, right after all the blocks r generated. maybe the next feature could b a setting 2 tell the game not 2 butcher every single world like that
I've added an option for this in the latest. Check in Terrain once you update.

I don't know if this is possible but it would be interesting to be able to gen a world with a pre-existing above ground mushroom biome. And the ability to control the biome the initial spawn point is in. Currently it's possible to have it in the Forest or Snow biome and while you can spawn on a cloud island I think that might technically be a bug. Snow starts and cloud island starts can be interesting and it would be cool to be able to choose them instead of just hoping. And I suppose someone might want to try other biome starting points as a challenge mode or something.
I'm on the fence on the surface mushroom biome, but maybe, I should be able to see if it'll be hard or not. Starting points might be cool, but right now the cloud thing is a bug. Being in the middle of the map is best for actually playing the game though.

I had some suggestions/requests previously:

Are any of those possible? Do any of them sound interesting? Particularly 1, 6, 7 and 9 would be nice. :) Thanks in advance if any are added!

I've been meaning to download the source and take a look at it but I never remember. If TerraCustom uses the same decompiler as TModLoader, then I might not be able to do much anyway. The decompiler doesn't play nice with the GOG version of Terraria. It's another thing I've been meaning to investigate properly, and another thing I never remember / have the time for...
I want to get around to corruption/crimson amounts. I don't really care for paintings, and they might end up being incredibly painful to add an option for that.
Furniture too, it's all integrated in their respective code segments.
The snow not being at spawn should be possible, I'll have to remember to try for that next update.
I guess I could have an option for enchanted swords shrines being real, but arkhalis dropping is impossible. What menu should that option be in?
Non-stripe Hallow segments would mean me writing a lot of code, not sure if I want to do that.
The shadow orbs/crimson hearts is my bad, I thought it would be cool, but I guess people thought otherwise.
Guaranteeing pyramids might be hard.
Sand spawn -- Sure, should be easy.
The towers are written in a way that makes it real hard to mess with, but maybe.

Update Released: v0.3.4
  • Fixed a bunch of Minecart problems. You should be able to do 300% small and 100% Double Wide Large with no problems.
    • Plus, a useful "X out of 30" message and a moving progress bar during minecart track generation helps you know that it's not frozen.
  • "Bypass Spawn Area Flatness" option in Terrain allows your spawn area to be just as hilly as the rest of your world.
U4RVhkA.png

iy259z6.png

Bonus: Should I include this option for allowing minecarts in underworld and on surface?

n64AIMO.png

Bonus: Should I include this option for allowing minecarts in underworld and on surface?

n64AIMO.png

Yes. Yes! YES! Yes please! Also yes! ~ahem~ Now for more coherent conversation; this would generate some really interesting and cool maps! Hopefully it'll play nice with already generated and edited levels too. :)

Can someone please move this to the work in progress thread til a link becomes available? I keep clicking it only to find its not complete.

The updated links work fine for me. Seems a bit overkill to move the entire thread just for a problem on your end, no?
Error what link? The main thread says "No link yet but soon"
In a spoiler

Edit ... oh now I see it...
OP will you please clean your thread you just made me feel like a tool.

Can someone please move this to the work in progress thread til a link becomes available? I keep clicking it only to find its not complete.

Error what link? The main thread says "No link yet but soon"
In a spoiler

Edit ... oh now I see it...
OP will you please clean your thread you just made me feel like a tool.
What is going on, are you posting on the wrong thread? My OP has nowhere the words "No link yet but soon." Also, the download links are all right there near the top of the post.
jICjZ3z.png

Large World Enabler, the tModLoader mod that enables you to actually play worlds taller than 2400 and/or wider than 8400, has finally been released.

You'll need tModLoader v0.8.3.2 to use it.

A standalone vanilla mod is possible....but I'll wait for a real demand for it before I put effort into building it.

Is there any way to get crimson and corruption (whether they are made to both spawn simultaneously *or* just one of them in the world) to NOT generate on-top of other biomes, specifically the ice biome? This is pretty much my only problem using this otherwise fantastic tool. But no matter which configuration I use, I always seem to get the ice biome completely covered by them in any world created from TerraCustom. This doesn't seem to happen nearly as much with vanilla map gen.

Not sure if there's a way to lock crimson/corruption to standard forest areas so they don't override so much of the other biomes. Ideally, I'd love to have worlds that have jungle, ice, desert, crimson, corruption etc all featured somewhat equally and exclusively without too much overlap pre-hardmode. Most of these are fine if I choose to spawn jungle on the opposite side of the world -- but ice just gets obliterated.

Apologies if this has already been addressed. Thanks for all the incredible work you've done.

How do I use this with tmodloader mods? Better Question ... whenever I try to make a world it makes me run 0.8.3.1 tmodloader ... why?

Correct 1.PNG

Correct 2.PNG

Correct 3.PNG

This mod uses functionality only present in the latest tModLoader. Please update tModLoader to use this mod

at LargeWorldEnabler.LargeWorldEnabler.Load()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
Correct 4.PNG

After launching from steam

Correct 5.PNG

Profit ...

Last edited:
How do I use this with tmodloader mods? Better Question ... whenever I try to make a world it makes me run 0.8.3.1 tmodloader ... why?

View attachment 132754

View attachment 132755

View attachment 132756

This mod uses functionality only present in the latest tModLoader. Please update tModLoader to use this mod

at LargeWorldEnabler.LargeWorldEnabler.Load()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
View attachment 132757

After launching from steam

View attachment 132758
Profit ...
The current Terracustom uses tmodloader 0.8.3.1 as it's codebase. I didn't plan for the fact that large world enabler won't load on pre 0.8.3.2, but it's ok, it will just disable it and then it'll load fine. Once you get back into tmodloader and want to play, then you'll want to enable that mod.

Next update I'll update the codebase.

Back
Top Bottom