Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Can you set a map seed as well? If you let all random, does it generate the same map as vanilla Terraria?
I haven't tested seeds, and I think I even just skipped that step in the menus. I could add it back in probably if it actually does work, but I'm worried that people would assume that it would work even if settings are changed. It won't. All settings and all mods would have to be exactly the same. In my opinion, the best option is to just make a backup of any world you make before playing.

I haven't tested seeds, and I think I even just skipped that step in the menus. I could add it back in probably if it actually does work, but I'm worried that people would assume that it would work even if settings are changed.
So if you have no random settings at all, it generate (with same settings) the same map all the time? As far as I know the seed just changes the generated random numbers at each step of world gen. Also the evil biome type depends at the seed. But if you select (in vanilla) one type (and not random), the type is changed to your choice. Same could be done with other options.

However, I also did some coding experiments about world generation. But instead options you can change, I looked for seeds which fulfill those conditions. But sadly the Terraria source code I'm using has many errors in it. Some parts do not compile again. So I could only do some kind of approximation. I found some nice seeds but it could be done better.
May I ask which program you use for decompiling? Can you compile the whole source code again?

So if you have no random settings at all, it generate (with same settings) the same map all the time? As far as I know the seed just changes the generated random numbers at each step of world gen. Also the evil biome type depends at the seed. But if you select (in vanilla) one type (and not random), the type is changed to your choice. Same could be done with other options.

However, I also did some coding experiments about world generation. But instead options you can change, I looked for seeds which fulfill those conditions. But sadly the Terraria source code I'm using has many errors in it. Some parts do not compile again. So I could only do some kind of approximation. I found some nice seeds but it could be done better.
May I ask which program you use for decompiling? Can you compile the whole source code again?
The github has the whole setup program that decompiles, fixes decompilation errors, and provides a fully buildable project. Presumably the same settings and same seed and same mods would lead to the same world, but I haven't tested. Oh, you need to download 1.3.5.2 Terraria from the steam console to decompile and build.

The github has the whole setup program that decompiles, fixes decompilation errors, and provides a fully buildable project. Presumably the same settings and same seed and same mods would lead to the same world, but I haven't tested. Oh, you need to download 1.3.5.2 Terraria from the steam console to decompile and build.
Wow, thats very useful. First, I had some misunderstanding, I thought I need to decompile "setup" myself :)

Btw, Setup.exe tells me, it expects 1.3.5.1 (not 5.2). However, the world gen changed during this updates, I'm looking for the current Terraria version source. Is there an actual version for 1.3.5.3 somewhere?

Last edited:
Wow, thats very useful. First, I had some misunderstanding, I thought I need to decompile "setup" myself :)

Btw, Setup.exe tells me, it expects 1.3.5.1 (not 5.2). However, the world gen changed during this updates, I'm looking for the current Terraria version source. Is there an actual version for 1.3.5.3 somewhere?
No, 1.3.5.3 is un-decompileable due to some compiler optimizations. And it says 1.3.5.1 is needed because they forgot to update the assembly version when they released 1.3.5.2. It actually needs 1.3.5.2 as I said. You can get old exe by doing this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/

No, 1.3.5.3 is un-decompileable due to some compiler optimizations. And it says 1.3.5.1 is needed because they forgot to update the assembly version when they released 1.3.5.2. It actually needs 1.3.5.2 as I said. You can get old exe by doing this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/
Thanks for response. Already downloaded old version, takes much longer than normal. 1st i tried with 1.3.5.1 and got 4 errors at setup. At this time setup with 1.3.5.2 is running.
Decompiling of 1.3.5.3 works but it may have too many errors which can't be fixed. Already tried some months ago but could not get a working sourcocde (but many files). Thanks for explaining that it's not possible :) Spend some time trying to fix it.
I hope it's still possible to generate the same map with same seed.

Thanks for helping.

------
Edit: it seems to be complete. The green bar was filled completely but it shows an error "Error: The system cannot find the file specified"

Edit2: I could compile it again and it is working! Thanks again!. Want to do this since ages. But sadly it is only version 1.3.5.2. I did some test seed with vanilla 1.3.5.3 and compiled decompiled+fixed code. They look very similar but not equal. They have some small differences. I hope it gets updated to the most recent version after 1.3.6 update

Edit3: For some reason I don't get the exact same vanilla map again, as I did 12 hours ago. I get the same as for compiled 1.3.5.2. Strange, some more research needed.

Edit4: I rebooted and now I got another different vanilla generation. But the compiled is consistent always equal. Strange, Strange, Strange.

Edit5: Did some more testing. Got many different worlds from vanilla but always the same with compiled decompiled (using the same seed). So a bug got fixed there?
Not 100% sure but once I got the same map in vanilla as with modded.
I made some bug report:
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/one-seed-lead-to-different-worlds.52074/#post-1568109

Final Edit: The modded version can also create different maps with same seed. It's seems to be just seed depended or by random.

Last edited:
It appears that it likes to get stuck on loading traps and loading minecart tracks.
There is a bug in vanilla version of Terraria with same behavior. Don't need to be issue of that mod. Try again with other seed.

Last edited:
The main issue I keep having is that it gets stuck on Generating Structures...Corruption Pits. Is there any fix for this, or do I have to suck it up and either try to generate another world or wait for a TerraCustom update?

The main issue I keep having is that it gets stuck on Generating Structures...Corruption Pits. Is there any fix for this, or do I have to suck it up and either try to generate another world or wait for a TerraCustom update?
Does it happen with all settings and seeds or only one specific? The normal worldgen from unmoded vanilla Terraria can also stuck at world generation for some seeds.

I don't use seeds when generating worlds with TerraCustom, so that shouldn't be it.

I use basically the same setting, so maybe? But I might also try changing the settings (perhaps specifically those relating to Corruption/Crimson generation) just to test if it happens then as well.

I don't use seeds when generating worlds with TerraCustom, so that shouldn't be it.

I use basically the same setting, so maybe? But I might also try changing the settings (perhaps specifically those relating to Corruption/Crimson generation) just to test if it happens then as well.
ye, try other options.

For the masochists, could add a challenge option to replace all water in a world, with lava. THAT would be a fun challenge
so no potion making then? Edit: You still can! You need Golden Sink from Pirates. That would be good idea as challenge. 2nd option: Bottomless Water Bucket. Some more?

or all liquids as honey :)

Last edited:
Hahaha, all liquids as honey... or just make all water pools random liquids. Ocean of honey to the east, ocean of lava to the west. Underworld? Honey, of course

I just downloaded and got this program working today. I love it, and think it's amazing. I can't wait to see what else you do with it.

I created a few maps with simple settings (small terrain variation, more ore, etc,) and it worked fine. But I'm trying to do some chaotic world generation, and it keeps crashing.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.WorldGen.<>c__DisplayClass261_0.<generateWorld>b__20(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

It does this anywhere between 1/2 generated and 4/5 generated. It never uses more than 3 gigs of ram, and my computer never exceeds ~50% physical memory usage and ~50% cpu usage. I don't think my computer is being overloaded, so I think it's a problem with the program itself. I am also fairly certain I have all mods turned off.

These are the settings I'm using:
  • Terrain
    • Surface Height Variance: 1000%
    • Surface Upper Limit: 15%
    • Surface Lower Limit: 45%
    • Beach Size: 210%
    • Dungeon Size: 200%
    • Surface Tunnels: 260%
    • Lakes: 199%
    • World Width: 16800
    • World Height: 4800
  • Ores
    • All: Both
  • Ore Amount
    • Iron/Lead: 108%
    • Silver/Tungsten: 134%
    • Gold/Platinum: 236%
    • Demonite/Crimtane: 203%
    • Hellstone: 232%
    • Generate a little (presmash 1 alter)
    • PreSmash altars generate both sets of ores: enabled
  • Graphic Styles
    • Moon: 1
    • Tree Far Left: 5
    • Tree Left: 1
    • Tree Right: 4
    • Tree Far Right: 2
    • Dungeon: Blue
    • Moss Left: Blue
    • Moss Middle: Green
    • Moss Right: Red
    • Jungle Shrines: Mix
  • Misc
    • Crimson
    • Avoid Jungle
    • Crimson: 199%
    • Dungeon: Left
    • Pyramids: Yes
    • Giant Trees: Yes
    • Force Sword Shrines Real: Yes
  • Micro Biomes:
    • Enchanted Sword: 141%
    • Campsite: 0%
    • Thin Ice: 141%
    • Sky Islands: ~1000%
    • Minecart: 113%
    • Spider caves: 110%
    • Granite: 130%
    • Marble: 126%
    • Cabins: 0%
    • Gemstones(non-cave): 130%
    • Gemstone Cave Size: 1000%
  • Traps
    • Additional Boulder Traps: 195%
    • Additional Explosive Traps: 52%
    • Additional Geyser Traps: 30%
  • Additional Spawns
    • Crystal Hearts: 299%
    • Tree Lower Bound: 130
    • Tree Upper Bound: 150
    • Mushroom Biomes: 303%
  • Chests
    • Biomes Chest Sets: 4 sets
    • Pots: 150%

I have tried many different combinations (all equally crazy,) that also don't work. Unlike other times, I don't have a chest warning.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Also sorry if this is too long or not posted in the right place. I'm new to this forum

I just downloaded and got this program working today. I love it, and think it's amazing. I can't wait to see what else you do with it.

I created a few maps with simple settings (small terrain variation, more ore, etc,) and it worked fine. But I'm trying to do some chaotic world generation, and it keeps crashing.

at Terraria.WorldGen.<>c__DisplayClass261_0.<generateWorld>b__20(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)

It does this anywhere between 1/2 generated and 4/5 generated. It never uses more than 3 gigs of ram, and my computer never exceeds ~50% physical memory usage and ~50% cpu usage. I don't think my computer is being overloaded, so I think it's a problem with the program itself. I am also fairly certain I have all mods turned off.

• Terrain
  • Ores
  • Ore Amount
  • Graphic Styles
  • Misc
    • Crimson
    • Avoid Jungle
  • Micro Biomes:
  • Traps
  • Additional Spawns
  • Chests

I have tried many different combinations (all equally crazy,) that also don't work. Unlike other times, I don't have a chest warning.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Also sorry if this is too long or not posted in the right place. I'm new to this forum
Your Surface variance and upper and lower limits are really pushing the limits. You'll have to reduce those back to more normal values to have a better chance of success, especially with how wide you are trying to make.

• Terrain
  • Ores
  • Ore Amount
  • Graphic Styles
  • Misc
    • Crimson
    • Avoid Jungle
  • Micro Biomes:
  • Traps
  • Additional Spawns
  • Chests

I did it again, with all of the same settings, except I used the default surface height variation, surface upper limit, and surface lower limit. Same error

There is a bug in vanilla version of Terraria with same behavior. Don't need to be issue of that mod. Try again with other seed.
I have tried many times, it keeps happening with either one but only in terracustom. It doesn't happen in vanilla.

I have tried many times, it keeps happening with either one but only in terracustom. It doesn't happen in vanilla.
e.g. try at vanilla version, small world, expert, random evil biome, seed 100607244
it should also stuck at trap gen

Back
Top Bottom