Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

hey jopo, Terra Custom is running great, I just have a question on functionality- if I were to use the hardmode ores option, would it also spawn in corrupted blocks like with actual demon altar smashing? I'm assuming that you either used an ore generator similar to preH ores or just about the exact same to ordinary altar smashing, and because I have very little knowledge in how to find out how it works myself, I was hoping that you might know offhand / with little trouble.

thanks

hey jopo, Terra Custom is running great, I just have a question on functionality- if I were to use the hardmode ores option, would it also spawn in corrupted blocks like with actual demon altar smashing? I'm assuming that you either used an ore generator similar to preH ores or just about the exact same to ordinary altar smashing, and because I have very little knowledge in how to find out how it works myself, I was hoping that you might know offhand / with little trouble.

thanks
the hardmode ores setting is just to set the ores you want in that world after smashing any corrupt/crimtane altars in your world without guessing what would be....the altars still spawn corruptible blocks on the world.

the hardmode ores setting is just to set the ores you want in that world after smashing any corrupt/crimtane altars in your world without guessing what would be....the altars still spawn corruptible blocks on the world.

I'm talking about the setting that adds hardmode ores to the original world generation, not the one that sets which ones will spawn upon altar smashing. i probably should have clarified that originally

Last edited:
I'm talking about the setting that adds hardmode ores to the original world generation, not the one that sets which ones will spawn upon altar smashing. i probably should have clarified that originally
It uses the same code the game uses. I'm not sure what the actual difference would be with what you thought I might be doing.

It uses the same code the game uses. I'm not sure what the actual difference would be with what you thought I might be doing.

yeah that makes sense. as a bit of a control freak I like to be able to keep the corruption under control, but there's nothing that a bit of Tedit can't fix I suppose. thanks

oh duh im a moron.. jopo your tool is awesome

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 3.08.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 3.08.28 PM.png
    234.7 KB · Views: 273
oh duh im a moron.. jopo your tool is awesome
Oh, I'm sorry, I misinterpreted "would it also spawn in corrupted blocks" as in the hardmode ores spawning inside corrupted blocks, not the presmash option itself spawning in corrupted blocks.

Yeah, glad you found that option. I think it is defaulted to enabled since that isn't what people would want most the time.

good job of ignoring criticism btw
You mean your post up there? I wouldn't call saying something "blows" criticism. That kinda comment pretty much put me off to reading your whole post.

Since it seems you actually did want help I read it now. Do you have any mods enabled? I don't change any of the logic when settings are at their defaults, but some people have noticed issues with various mods.

Jopo- is sacred tools a mod that causes issues? It's the only new mod I have enabled at this time, it did get stuck at corruption pits. *Nm. It worked the second time.

No mods, completely 100% vanilla those are the only settings, also reccomend putting in numbers for choosing amount of floating island and pyramids (specific numbers), maybe option to choose which biome corruption spawns in, or even how close biomes can spawn to player, also a way to rpevent cliffs at the beach

EDTI: Yeah I used new settings, worked once, then got stuck, restarted 8 times so far, still stuck for absolutely no reason, 100% vanilla, never installed mods, same settings will work or not work like a coin flip, realllly annoyintg

16/20 failures lool

Last edited:
No mods, completely 100% vanilla those are the only settings, also reccomend putting in numbers for choosing amount of floating island and pyramids (specific numbers), maybe option to choose which biome corruption spawns in, or even how close biomes can spawn to player, also a way to rpevent cliffs at the beach

EDTI: Yeah I used new settings, worked once, then got stuck, restarted 8 times so far, still stuck for absolutely no reason, 100% vanilla, never installed mods, same settings will work or not work like a coin flip, realllly annoyintg

16/20 failures lool
very strange, I'll look into things when I have time.

Does anyone know how compatible this is with the Terraria overhaul, or should there be no conflictions because this just deals with world gen?

Does anyone know how compatible this is with the Terraria overhaul, or should there be no conflictions because this just deals with world gen?
I believe you'll have to disable overhaul during world gen, then enable it before playing the world.

I downloaded this and read the readme, did as instructed, but when I try and run it it says "running" for about 2 seconds, but then nothing more. It never opens. Could it be because I am on TModloader 0.10.1.5?

Last edited:
Also, not sure how old this mod is, but are there any versions that are compatible with really old versions of the game? (1.0-1.0.6)? If not anyone knw of some similar things at the time?

I've been using this tool for a long time, and it is great! Amazing job @jopojelly, keep making wonders :p
I made a world using these mods:

Calamity, Thorium, Spirit, Fargowiltas, AlchemistNPC, AlchemistNPC Extra Content Disabler, MagicStorage, Luiafk, VipixToolBox, imkSushis, VeinMiner, Boss Checklist, FKBossHealthBar, Item Checklist, OmniSwing, NoMoreTombs, WMITF, Recipie Browser. Your mods are really helpful and great! I also use Cheat Sheet/HERO'S sometimes too. (Added OmniSwing before generating world)

:kingslime: Suggestion: Make an encountered entity checklist mod! I think it would be pretty cool! :kingslime:

I'm using the latest version of tModloader and Terracustom. I make a new expert large world. Its fine until It generates really quickly from around underworld, then it crashes around
Wet Jungle~Smooth World, (it crashes in different stages with different settings) with the error down there. I keep trying with different settings, but keep getting the same message with the same results.
Custom settings below.

crash error.png
Also, not sure how old this mod is, but are there any versions that are compatible with really old versions of the game? (1.0-1.0.6)? If not anyone knw of some similar things at the time?
I think older versions exist somewhere but I don't know where to get them. Maybe you should ask jopo to send you the files or something.

Anyways, any help/thoughts anyone? Thanks. :D

Attachments

• Quicsilver.json
    2.2 KB · Views: 176
I've been using this tool for a long time, and it is great! Amazing job @jopojelly, keep making wonders :p
I made a world using these mods:

Calamity, Thorium, Spirit, Fargowiltas, AlchemistNPC, AlchemistNPC Extra Content Disabler, MagicStorage, Luiafk, VipixToolBox, imkSushis, VeinMiner, Boss Checklist, FKBossHealthBar, Item Checklist, OmniSwing, NoMoreTombs, WMITF, Recipie Browser. Your mods are really helpful and great! I also use Cheat Sheet/HERO'S sometimes too. (Added OmniSwing before generating world)

:kingslime: Suggestion: Make an encountered entity checklist mod! I think it would be pretty cool! :kingslime:

I'm using the latest version of tModloader and Terracustom. I make a new expert large world. Its fine until It generates really quickly from around underworld, then it crashes around
Wet Jungle~Smooth World, (it crashes in different stages with different settings) with the error down there. I keep trying with different settings, but keep getting the same message with the same results.
Custom settings below.

I think older versions exist somewhere but I don't know where to get them. Maybe you should ask jopo to send you the files or something.

Anyways, any help/thoughts anyone? Thanks. :D
That bug is something that needs the code to update to 0.10.1.5 to fix. It takes some work, so I haven't got around to it yet.

Back
Top Bottom