Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

I'll have to investigate this. My thought is that mod ores are seen as important to the Minecart generation code, so a valid minecart track path is never found. If you can sacrifice minecarts for mod-ores, I'm pretty sure it should work.
I went to sleep, so it was...15 hours or so running. I'll try without the minecarts now.

There's not way it does that... ur the 1st guy complaining about it, and i've used it on my laptop since it came out, never had problems with my game cuz of this (even if the tool just stopped working for me XD)

mods with ores that spawn on world generation are probbally messing with it and now its permanently affecting my game

mods with ores that spawn on world generation are probbally messing with it and now its permanently affecting my game
You said it yourself, you uninstalled it and it's still not working, so it's not TerraCustom causing your problems. It's gone, it can't be the problem.

Also, you haven't mentioned what your problem actually is.

...Eh. It won't go if you have mods that add ores. Don't bother trying--I tried running it for 15 hours. So just do what I did--take Jopojelly's advice, and turn minecart tracks off. This way there's no problem. Also, I can't think of a single thing this world generator would do to mess with your game.

As someone who is very picky about my worlds I love this tool, but a slider to control the number of giant trees/pyramids spawned would be nice. If I turn on those options then I end up with a surface covered in giant trees, though I'm complaining less about this because hey, giant trees are cool and my Dryad needs someplace to live after all.

Last edited:
Probably a dumb question, but I just gotta ask.
Trying to generate a world beyond vanilla 'large' size works fine, but the game will not load it, instantly failing. I am running tModLoader 0.8.2.1.
Or do I need another mod for it to work?

Probably a dumb question, but I just gotta ask.
Trying to generate a world beyond vanilla 'large' size works fine, but the game will not load it, instantly failing. I am running tModLoader 0.8.2.1.
Or do I need another mod for it to work?

@jopejelly mentioned he was going to work on a mod that allowed the game to run worlds bigger than the maximum vanilla size, but I don't think he's gotten around to working on it.

But to answer your question, yes, in a way you do need to have a mod to run custom world sizes.

Love this tool! I can't wait for "Corruption/Crimson amounts" feature

Also what the hell is that profile picture (jopojelly) supposed to be?

This seems to be a common issue here but I'm yet another person who is having trouble with it stopping when I try to create a world. Same issue as back on page 8 of this thread it gets to 'Generating Structures' and stops with the blue bar at 50%. I have left it alone for hours waiting for it to finish and nothing happens.

There is one thing that is probably causing a big part of the issue; I have set the world height and width sliders to max. When I first started trying to make a world that size it would stick on a step called 'Hiding Water Treasure' (similar to the issue on page 10 of this thread) and eventually i remembered that the game can't have more than 1k chests in the world at a time so I shrank the dungeon, temple, and underground cabins until I the 'Chests' tab said I had less than 1,000. From there it would load past Water Chests but stick on Generating structures. I know I had gotten it to work consistently before, but I don't remember what I'd done to fix it. Now I'm trying to make another world that size and it's gone right back to sticking on 'Generating Structures' at 50% and I can't figure out why. So far it's that giant world size that seems to be the problem, I can make worlds with normal sizes just fine. I can tolerate a standard Large with if I have to, I just wont be as happy with it.

P.S. This is an amazing tool. Same as Sparrows/Critical Role Fan above on this page I am VERY picky about my worlds and this raises my chance of getting the perfect world (not counting my issues with making a giant world) from about 1-in-1536 to nearly 1-in-2 on top of being able to get rid of the Anthill/Underground Dessert which I never really liked and has essentially no valuable resources.

This is my first time posting on this forum and can't figure out how to collapse things so here's a wall of text of all the settings I have changed from defaults. Anything not listed here was left at the default settings.

Terrain
  • World Size: Large
  • Diffuculty: Expert
  • World Name: House of Demons
  • Dungeon Size: 48% (similar number of rooms/hallways to normal size Large Worlds)
  • Temple Size: 48%
  • World Width: 16800 (maximum)
  • World Height: 4800 (maximum)
Ores
  • Copper/Tin: Both
  • Iron/Lead: Both
  • Silver/Tungsten: Both
  • Gold/Platinum: Both
  • Cobalt/Palladium: Cobalt
  • Mythril/Orichalcum: Mythril
  • Adamantite/Titanium: Adamantite
Ore Ammount
  • PreSmash 6 Altars
  • PreSmash Altars generates both sets of ores: Enabled
  • PreSmash Alatars prevent random Corruption/Crimson/Hallow patch spawn: Enabled
Graphic Styles
  • Tree Style Far Left: 1
  • Tree Style Left: 0
  • Tree Style Right: 0
  • Tree Style Far Right: 2
  • Dungeon Color: Blue
  • Moss Color Left: Blue
  • Moss Color Middle: Blue
  • Moss Color Right Blue
  • Jungle Shrines: Gold Brick
Surface Backgrounds
  • Forest: 7
  • Corrupt: 2
  • Jungle: 2
  • Snow: 4
  • Hallow: 2
  • Crimson: 1
  • Desert: 2
  • Ocean: 3
Underground Backgrounds
  • Ice: 2
  • Hell: 3
  • Jungle:2
  • Cave Far Left: 3
  • Cave Left: 8
  • Cave Right: 8
  • Cave Farright: 4
Miscellaneous
  • Currption/Crimson: Corruption with Crimson chasms
  • Dungeon Side: Right
  • Pyramids: Yes
  • Giant Trees: no
Challenge Options
  • No Anthill: Enabled
Micro Biomes
  • Sky Islands: ~139%
  • Underground Cabins 30% (i've also tried going event lower, see Chests below)
  • Gemstones (non-cave): 303%
Traps
  • Mining Explosive (Detonator): 0
  • Traps (Dart, Explosive, Boulder): 0
  • Temple Traps: 48%
Chests
  • Estimated 607 chests (I know this number must be kept below 1K, using these same settings but on a standard Large world gave an estimate of around 200 chests, setting Underground Cabins to 9% gave an estimate of about 322 with no change in success)
  • Pots: 50%
  • Water Chests: 50%
  • Surface Chests: 50%
Debug
  • Save World in tModLoader Folder: Enabled

This seems to be a common issue here but I'm yet another person who is having trouble with it stopping when I try to create a world. Same issue as back on page 8 of this thread it gets to 'Generating Structures' and stops with the blue bar at 50%. I have left it alone for hours waiting for it to finish and nothing happens.

There is one thing that is probably causing a big part of the issue; I have set the world height and width sliders to max. When I first started trying to make a world that size it would stick on a step called 'Hiding Water Treasure' (similar to the issue on page 10 of this thread) and eventually i remembered that the game can't have more than 1k chests in the world at a time so I shrank the dungeon, temple, and underground cabins until I the 'Chests' tab said I had less than 1,000. From there it would load past Water Chests but stick on Generating structures. I know I had gotten it to work consistently before, but I don't remember what I'd done to fix it. Now I'm trying to make another world that size and it's gone right back to sticking on 'Generating Structures' at 50% and I can't figure out why. So far it's that giant world size that seems to be the problem, I can make worlds with normal sizes just fine. I can tolerate a standard Large with if I have to, I just wont be as happy with it.

P.S. This is an amazing tool. Same as Sparrows/Critical Role Fan above on this page I am VERY picky about my worlds and this raises my chance of getting the perfect world (not counting my issues with making a giant world) from about 1-in-1536 to nearly 1-in-2 on top of being able to get rid of the Anthill/Underground Dessert which I never really liked and has essentially no valuable resources.

This is my first time posting on this forum and can't figure out how to collapse things so here's a wall of text of all the settings I have changed from defaults. Anything not listed here was left at the default settings.

Terrain
  • World Size: Large
  • Diffuculty: Expert
  • World Name: House of Demons
  • Dungeon Size: 48% (similar number of rooms/hallways to normal size Large Worlds)
  • Temple Size: 48%
  • World Width: 16800 (maximum)
  • World Height: 4800 (maximum)
Ores
  • Copper/Tin: Both
  • Iron/Lead: Both
  • Silver/Tungsten: Both
  • Gold/Platinum: Both
  • Cobalt/Palladium: Cobalt
  • Mythril/Orichalcum: Mythril
  • Adamantite/Titanium: Adamantite
Ore Ammount
  • PreSmash 6 Altars
  • PreSmash Altars generates both sets of ores: Enabled
  • PreSmash Alatars prevent random Corruption/Crimson/Hallow patch spawn: Enabled
Graphic Styles
  • Tree Style Far Left: 1
  • Tree Style Left: 0
  • Tree Style Right: 0
  • Tree Style Far Right: 2
  • Dungeon Color: Blue
  • Moss Color Left: Blue
  • Moss Color Middle: Blue
  • Moss Color Right Blue
  • Jungle Shrines: Gold Brick
Surface Backgrounds
  • Forest: 7
  • Corrupt: 2
  • Jungle: 2
  • Snow: 4
  • Hallow: 2
  • Crimson: 1
  • Desert: 2
  • Ocean: 3
Underground Backgrounds
  • Ice: 2
  • Hell: 3
  • Jungle:2
  • Cave Far Left: 3
  • Cave Left: 8
  • Cave Right: 8
  • Cave Farright: 4
Miscellaneous
  • Currption/Crimson: Corruption with Crimson chasms
  • Dungeon Side: Right
  • Pyramids: Yes
  • Giant Trees: no
Challenge Options
  • No Anthill: Enabled
Micro Biomes
  • Sky Islands: ~139%
  • Underground Cabins 30% (i've also tried going event lower, see Chests below)
  • Gemstones (non-cave): 303%
Traps
  • Mining Explosive (Detonator): 0
  • Traps (Dart, Explosive, Boulder): 0
  • Temple Traps: 48%
Chests
  • Estimated 607 chests (I know this number must be kept below 1K, using these same settings but on a standard Large world gave an estimate of around 200 chests, setting Underground Cabins to 9% gave an estimate of about 322 with no change in success)
  • Pots: 50%
  • Water Chests: 50%
  • Surface Chests: 50%
Debug
  • Save World in tModLoader Folder: Enabled
So these settings were the ones that would get stuck at structures 50% right? Are there any tmodloader mods active?

None, I'm only using tmodloader because it says worlds that size wont load in vanilla. Not being an experienced Terraria modder (modded plenty of other games though, similar concepts) I assumed that was what I needed to load such a world. It worked fine with the first world I created at that size.

It should be noted that I tried the same settings except with a normal Large world and it created the world just fine.

So, my worlds keep generating with a :red:ton of tiny trees scattered around. Like, wherever there's space on a grass biome not occupied by flowers or background objects, they'll spawn. Anything that could be causing this? Using Thorium and RPG Class Mod in conjunction.

I have a problem?
7/20/2016 10:07:03 PM
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\TileCracks". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\TileCracks.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.OurLoad[T](String path)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

Back
Top Bottom