Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

hey @jopojelly, I love your mods and tools. I tried to use this to create a map a while back but I always got stuck at some point. It changed every time, but eventually it would just.... freeze, and stop doing anything.

I was using a fair few mods at the time to try to integrate new ores etc. but eventually I reigned it in to be a modless thing with just both evils in the world and it still froze on me. Has anyone else ever mentioned this happening?

soo, anybody kind enough to explain and fix this error?

Index je mimo hranice pole.
v Terraria.WorldGen.<>c.<generateWorld>b__250_2(GenerationProgress progress)
v Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
v Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
v Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
v Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
v Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

soo, anybody kind enough to explain and fix this error?

Index je mimo hranice pole.
v Terraria.WorldGen.<>c.<generateWorld>b__250_2(GenerationProgress progress)
v Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
v Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
v Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
v Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
v Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
Too much world in your world...
turn down the settings a bit and try again.

It is now.

By evenly, you mean no randomness in size of position?

Now

It is ready.

Update Released:
v0.3.6

• Updated to tModLoader v0.8.3.4 and Terraria 1.3.3.2
  • "Force Enchanted Sword Shrine Real" option forces all shrines to be real (No fake swords)
I do not mean super flat. When I generate a world one side or position surface of terrain land always seems to slightly lower while the other side postion is higher or even. I would like to have a feature that allows me to generate a world where both side are even flat. I'd like to show you a image I to get a better understand what I'm saying right now I cannot.

Last edited:
Huh. Weird. See I'd just assumed the height values for trees was set to default because there were trees of normal size on the same world, which is where the two pictures are taken from. Hmph. Well, I still wonder, what could be causing some trees to go past the height limit if it's set to be the same as the minimum?
I also wonder why it isn't default. I also encountered this problem, but thankfully, now I know that max default height is 32.
As for why some of them are taller, if you ever go into a fresh world and do a little exploration, you may notice that some trees are taller than the others in a group.

Any chance we could get the ability to name worlds after we choose settings, instead of beforehand?
Making multiple maps back to back means they all use the same name...right? Unless you choose to go back and rename it (and thus having to do the whole process over again ( thankfully there's a save / load feature ). I would imagine that leads to some issues.

And on that matter....saving preferences doesn't save some values...like how tall or wide a world is ( and so loading them ( or going back ) sets them to default every time )

Id like to see tooltips ( or more bracket descriptions ) for the options as well. Some are really vague ( like tree height ), or indiscernible ( like set chests and surface variance ) for people just starting to use the tool.

Aside from that, is there any update on the update to large worlds enabler? It's still sitting at v0.8.3.2 compatibility.

Hmmm... I am going to get a hold of Berserker66 and see if there is a way to incorporate Planetoids with your app. Also, any way where they can be hallow generation upon creation? I don't mean from altars, I mean like a biome of sorts.

I do not mean super flat. When I generate a world one side or position surface of terrain land always seems to slightly lower while the other side postion is higher or even. I would like to have a feature that allows me to generate a world where both side are even flat. I'd like to show you a image I to get a better understand what I'm saying right now I cannot.
An image would help, but I fear what you are thinking would be too much of a change to implement.

I also wonder why it isn't default. I also encountered this problem, but thankfully, now I know that max default height is 32.
As for why some of them are taller, if you ever go into a fresh world and do a little exploration, you may notice that some trees are taller than the others in a group.
I guess I'll have to look at that code and see if I made a mistake or not.

Hmmm... I am going to get a hold of Berserker66 and see if there is a way to incorporate Planetoids with your app. Also, any way where they can be hallow generation upon creation? I don't mean from altars, I mean like a biome of sorts.
Planetoids is a completely new world gen, right? If it's just a stencil cut off normal it should be an easy option.

Hallow biome not from stripes could be hard, but might be easy enough. But is the hardmode spawn not what you want?

Any chance we could get the ability to name worlds after we choose settings, instead of beforehand?
Making multiple maps back to back means they all use the same name...right? Unless you choose to go back and rename it (and thus having to do the whole process over again ( thankfully there's a save / load feature ). I would imagine that leads to some issues.

And on that matter....saving preferences doesn't save some values...like how tall or wide a world is ( and so loading them ( or going back ) sets them to default every time )

Id like to see tooltips ( or more bracket descriptions ) for the options as well. Some are really vague ( like tree height ), or indiscernible ( like set chests and surface variance ) for people just starting to use the tool.

Aside from that, is there any update on the update to large worlds enabler? It's still sitting at v0.8.3.2 compatibility.
I'm pretty sure it works, it doesn't use anything that requires an update.

I'll see about tooltips.

If you click back you shouldn't have to reenter any options or click load.

Planetoids has been around since 1.1.2 on the Omnitool program made by Berserker66. If there is a way to incorporate both programs, it would be glorious.

As for the Hallow, I'm wondering if there is a way to generate it with TerraCustom (in the future) without having to rely on a hardmode world or broken altars.

Planetoids has been around since 1.1.2 on the Omnitool program made by Berserker66. If there is a way to incorporate both programs, it would be glorious.

As for the Hallow, I'm wondering if there is a way to generate it with TerraCustom (in the future) without having to rely on a hardmode world or broken altars.

i see, get a hallow biome but without gettin into hardmode, that would be nice, specially if, once u get into hardmode, it would spawn in the exactly same spot or in the opposite side (not 2 in the same side tho)

hey @jopojelly, I love your mods and tools. I tried to use this to create a map a while back but I always got stuck at some point. It changed every time, but eventually it would just.... freeze, and stop doing anything.

I was using a fair few mods at the time to try to integrate new ores etc. but eventually I reigned it in to be a modless thing with just both evils in the world and it still froze on me. Has anyone else ever mentioned this happening?
>.>

I can generate both evils just fine. Is there anything else you remember changing?

I'm not sure I see the point of pre generating a Hallow biome without having hardmode enabled, since all the enemies that spawn in the hallow also need hardmode afaik. Plus, when you hit hardmode, you'll have 2 stripes of hallow, no way around it.

I can generate both evils just fine. Is there anything else you remember changing?

Originally I jacked just about everything. Pots, hearts, temple traps, had to cut the chests at 900 cause it just wouldn't generate otherwise. Unsurprisingly it failed (it froze at a random point and just stopped doing anything) so I task-manager'd out of it and started dialing things back. It kept hanging and hanging, so eventually I just tried generating a strictly unchanged world, except for both evils (all the pots, chests, traps etc. unchanged.) That hung too.

It's not like I have a junk computer or anything, it can handle vanilla generation with ease. So I can't imagine why it would be doing this.

Hey, just got back into Terraria (for the new update/new mods), and as always I'm generating a world using TerraCustom. I am, however, getting stuck in this screen:
7DG5Bmv.png
Also, as a small request, could we get an option to generate Hallow Biomes upon World Generation? Not sure how hard it would be to do that, but I would love to see that happening. I dislike the two massive stripes in my world; I prefer to have a selected amount of each biome in specific regions and not a big cluster of said biome. This could be useful enough to maybe inspire someone to make a pre-hardmode Hallow mod.

EDIT: If you'd like I could provide the options I'm using. Since it is the most important thing, the world is 16800x3600.

Last edited:
Hey, just got back into Terraria (for the new update/new mods), and as always I'm generating a world using TerraCustom. I am, however, getting stuck in this screen:
7DG5Bmv.png
Also, as a small request, could we get an option to generate Hallow Biomes upon World Generation? Not sure how hard it would be to do that, but I would love to see that happening. I dislike the two massive stripes in my world; I prefer to have a selected amount of each biome in specific regions and not a big cluster of said biome. This could be useful enough to maybe inspire someone to make a pre-hardmode Hallow mod.

EDIT: If you'd like I could provide the options I'm using. Since it is the most important thing, the world is 16800x3600.
Make sure you don't have more than 800 chests and are not maxing certain values. This isn't freezing per say, rather it's bogging down and can't build the world as quickly due to errors.

Edit: To be honest, i wouldn't recommend a max size world. One, the height makes things weird as there is much more sky too. Lets be honest, the world generation algorithms aren't designed to work for twice the amount of world , and that's why it's having issues.

Back
Top Bottom