Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Just curious about something;

The tool on its own seems to work fine, but the only issue is for whatever reason it hates Corruption pits. I'm trying to generate a super maximum sized world, Length and Width maxed out. I've got mine cart tracks and abandoned underground houses removed, slightly higher ore amounts, both corruption and crimson, and the dungeon on the right. Everything else is the same. The world generates just fine until it locks up on Generating Structures - Corruption Pits. Once that happens it just goes for hours..

Here's what I've tried to do to fix it:

Lower the world size to a normal large world: Didn't work.
Reload the tool: Didn't work.
Reinstall the tool: Didn't work.

I don't really know what else to try, I'm not very tech-y..

I'm using the TModloader compatibility option for Windows, Terraria version 1.3.5. All other mods work fine and this one is installed correctly, so I don't think it's an installation issue.

Any ideas?
I'm not sure, I can't think of why Corruption Pits specifically would cause problems, but maybe there just isn't anymore room on the surface. Have you tried manually lowering the corruption biomes count?

I'm not sure, I can't think of why Corruption Pits specifically would cause problems, but maybe there just isn't anymore room on the surface. Have you tried manually lowering the corruption biomes count?

Can't go lower than one, as my specific instructions with regards to them are:

Crimson with Corruption Chasms
1 Corruption Biome
1 Crimson Biome

Finally, I have them each forced to be on the opposite side of the jungle.

EDIT: I doubt it matters, but the percentage for each of the two biomes is 11%.

Can't go lower than one, as my specific instructions with regards to them are:

Crimson with Corruption Chasms
1 Corruption Biome
1 Crimson Biome

Finally, I have them each forced to be on the opposite side of the jungle.
oh, one 1 of each on a maxed out world? Weird. Also make sure you haven't set the option to have them on different sides, since you have them away from the jungle side.

oh, one 1 of each on a maxed out world? Weird. Also make sure you haven't set the option to have them on different sides, since you have them away from the jungle side.

Nope, that setting is off. I tried some of the other random solutions mentioned with regards to structures in this thread (e.g. turning off minecart tracks) but to no avail. It is Corruption pits, after all.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm running Thorium and Calamity as well.

Nope, that setting is off. I tried some of the other random solutions mentioned with regards to structures in this thread (e.g. turning off minecart tracks) but to no avail. It is Corruption pits, after all.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm running Thorium and Calamity as well.
ah. hm. Yeah, not much else I can say except keep trying things. Some mods program things oddly, but I'm not sure if that would cause problems here.

Oh boy...in other news, to try and save load up time on TerraCustom, I had the brilliant idea of disabling all my mods except Thorium and Calamity, including Large World Enabler. I'm not sure if that's the cause of the problem, I'll check over the weekend, but wow. That was silly of me.

Oh boy...in other news, to try and save load up time on TerraCustom, I had the brilliant idea of disabling all my mods except Thorium and Calamity, including Large World Enabler. I'm not sure if that's the cause of the problem, I'll check over the weekend, but wow. That was silly of me.
I don't think you need the large world enabler to create the world, you just need it to play that world if it's larger than vanilla large.

It's something you picked in the section you choose your evils in, I can't remember exactly. It's something like if you have it set to Crimson only, and then choose it to spawn Corruption pits. It's somewhere in there, I had the same issue, but can't remember exactly what I had it set as.

We need TerraCustom for Terraria 1.3.4.4
save your comment for the next update for modloader, jopojelly already has a lot of people asking for the next update on the modloader thread, and since the current version of terracustom it still works except for bluemagics mod (I already tell about this) its better that you wait.

The program crashes on launch. It's a problem that is shared with TEdit.

Code:
17/05/2017 20:43:54
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Fonts\Item_Stack". Cannot find ContentTypeReader ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontReader, ReLogic, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.InstantiateTypeReader(String readerTypeName, ContentReader contentReader, ContentTypeReader& reader)
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.GetTypeReader(String readerTypeName, ContentReader contentReader, List`1& newTypeReaders)
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.ReadTypeManifest(Int32 typeCount, ContentReader contentReader)
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadHeader()
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
  in Terraria.Main.OurLoad[T](String path)
  in Terraria.Main.LoadFonts()
  in Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
  in Terraria.Main.Initialize()
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
  in Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

It does not load or anything. I try to launch the program, and it instantly and immediately crashes, and gives me the aforementioned crash dump. And as said above, TEdit also gives a strikingly similar error log, and I am completely and utterly unable to use both that and this tool.

The program crashes on launch. It's a problem that is shared with TEdit.

Code:
17/05/2017 20:43:54
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Fonts\Item_Stack". Cannot find ContentTypeReader ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontReader, ReLogic, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.InstantiateTypeReader(String readerTypeName, ContentReader contentReader, ContentTypeReader& reader)
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.GetTypeReader(String readerTypeName, ContentReader contentReader, List`1& newTypeReaders)
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.ReadTypeManifest(Int32 typeCount, ContentReader contentReader)
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadHeader()
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
  in Terraria.Main.OurLoad[T](String path)
  in Terraria.Main.LoadFonts()
  in Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
  in Terraria.Main.Initialize()
  in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
  in Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

It does not load or anything. I try to launch the program, and it instantly and immediately crashes, and gives me the aforementioned crash dump. And as said above, TEdit also gives a strikingly similar error log, and I am completely and utterly unable to use both that and this tool.
Yeah, this is because 1.3.5. It'll be a bit before TerraCustom is updated, but in the meantime if you downgrade to 1.3.4.4 or I think even just replace all those font files with the 1.3.4.4 versions it should work.

I suggest just waiting.

Huh. I recall TerraCustom crashing back in 1.3.4.(something) when I tried to download it(I was only a lurker back then, so I did not make a post about it) as well, so I assumed it was the same error. Moreover, I thought people were referring to TerraCustom being incompatible with tModLoader instead- which made my brain get twisted into a pretzel. Sorry about the confusion!

extremely cool. does this work with mods, like thorium AD or tremor glacier and newly added ruins?
yes it works, but if you have bluemagic mod an compability error will show upon loading the mod (dont worry it dosent have any world gen features yet) and after you have your new world just enable bluemagic mod and thats it.

Also since calamity ores now generates upon a new world, its the best to disable calamity (for me at least) when you have the metal detector it will always show between perenial or uelibloom ores even when you have smashed the altars and search the titanium or adamantite ores to upgrade your hellstone forge.

Back
Top Bottom