Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

get your kings :red: off that high horse and understand HE ONLY ASKED FOR A HINT FOR THE NEXT UPDATE spend less time on here thinking of toxic sentences to use for no real reason ,just no. its painful how unnecessarily toxic you can be for such a neutral question
Thank you Snas. I appreciate you helping me like that.

get your kings :red: off that high horse and understand HE ONLY ASKED FOR A HINT FOR THE NEXT UPDATE spend less time on here thinking of toxic sentences to use for no real reason ,just no. its painful how unnecessarily toxic you can be for such a neutral question

Thank you Snas. I appreciate you helping me like that.

he was being a :joy: :red: for no reason, so i fought for you. always happy to do so

i love how ya'll think i understand what that face thing even means, and that i was being hostile. everyone has a special way of being neutral fam. it just so happens mine leans towards the hostile side of things, probably due to the fact i hate humans <3

also nice white knighting ya fedora tipper.

i love how ya'll think i understand what that face thing even means, and that i was being hostile. everyone has a special way of being neutral fam. it just so happens mine leans towards the hostile side of things, probably due to the fact i hate humans <3

also nice white knighting ya fedora tipper.
Well i guess if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it. Also i wonder if jopo is silently watching this pointless conversation we have here.(jopo pls, terraria is so much better with the control you get using your mod.(No stress though. You do you m8))

Yeah, unless someone asks something that hasn't been answered recently, I usually don't bother responding.

How about this for a question... Could a random, underground spawn point be possible? There is a "drow" run, done underground until WoF (or later bosses) is killed. Would be great if we could just spawn down there! Definitely not a priority, but from someone that has no idea about modding like this, it seems like it would be easy. :p

How about this for a question... Could a random, underground spawn point be possible? There is a "drow" run, done underground until WoF (or later bosses) is killed. Would be great if we could just spawn down there! Definitely not a priority, but from someone that has no idea about modding like this, it seems like it would be easy. :p
Yes, things like this just need some sort of menu that makes sense so it can be choosen and tweaked.

Something like a slider for both min and max threshold for horizontal position, and another for vertical? For instance, I don't care about horizontal, but Id set vertical for 0 to 500 underground. I could end up under an ocean, would make for a good time

The more I think of this, the more complicated it sounds. Having a spawn point end up in a dungeon, would be horrid. Underwater could be terrible, maybe had a spawn point inside a beehive. Actually, a spawnpoint in a beehive might be incredibly awesome to start housing in. Might do that later on. A few other questions popped up in my head, if a spawn point was deep underground, would that affect invasions that end up at the center of the map? Would they still head there, if the spawn point was somewhere really off center?

I did exactly as the install instructions said, but i still get an error message.

6/9/2017 3:44:41 PM
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Fonts\Item_Stack". Cannot find ContentTypeReader ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontReader, ReLogic, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.InstantiateTypeReader(String readerTypeName, ContentReader contentReader, ContentTypeReader& reader)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.GetTypeReader(String readerTypeName, ContentReader contentReader, List`1& newTypeReaders)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.ReadTypeManifest(Int32 typeCount, ContentReader contentReader)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadHeader()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.OurLoad[T](String path)
at Terraria.Main.LoadFonts()
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

Best to wait until TerraCustom is updated to current tModLoader, it will not work if you have update Terraria, or up to date tModLoader. I'm hyped for when it WILL work though! This is by FAR my fave tool for the game, it changes so much in how you have to play, keeps the game fresh

Hi Jopo
Just wondering when the new update is gonna be up, really expecting it since i wanted to play around with my terraria maps. :D

Seconded, awaiting the update!

Hey I have a little problem, would you mind taking a minute to read it and see if you can help me fix it please? I tried launching the mod (in the steam folder of course) and it gave me this error:

Needs an update.
Terraria is 1.3.5.3 now.
TerraCustom v0.4 isn't working for me.

Just curious about something;

The tool on its own seems to work fine, but the only issue is for whatever reason it hates Corruption pits. I'm trying to generate a super maximum sized world, Length and Width maxed out. I've got mine cart tracks and abandoned underground houses removed, slightly higher ore amounts, both corruption and crimson, and the dungeon on the right. Everything else is the same. The world generates just fine until it locks up on Generating Structures - Corruption Pits. Once that happens it just goes for hours..

Here's what I've tried to do to fix it:

Lower the world size to a normal large world: Didn't work.
Reload the tool: Didn't work.
Reinstall the tool: Didn't work.

I don't really know what else to try, I'm not very tech-y..

I'm using the TModloader compatibility option for Windows, Terraria version 1.3.5. All other mods work fine and this one is installed correctly, so I don't think it's an installation issue.

Any ideas?

I wonder if itll work with the latest tmodloader version (0.9.2.5) even when it said the latest is 0.9.2.3

We need TerraCustom for Terraria 1.3.4.4

Is there an update for 1.3.5? I haven't been able to launch it since Terraria 1.3.5

Well... is an update in the works?

I was wondering, does this work for 1.3.5? I tried using the tool since the past 3 worlds I've made have had the ENTIRE jungle corrupted at gen. Upon opening the tool, I got this:

---------------------------
Terraria: Error
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Fonts\Item_Stack". Cannot find ContentTypeReader ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontReader, ReLogic, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.InstantiateTypeReader(String readerTypeName, ContentReader contentReader, ContentTypeReader& reader)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.GetTypeReader(String readerTypeName, ContentReader contentReader, List`1& newTypeReaders)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReaderManager.ReadTypeManifest(Int32 typeCount, ContentReader contentReader)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)

OK

this no longer works! can i ask when a new version for 1.3.5 will be available? i really want to create a god world, fit to astonish my friends.

Psst , jopo, a word on the next update would be nice.

I did exactly as the install instructions said, but i still get an error message.

6/9/2017 3:44:41 PM

Same here.

Best to wait until TerraCustom is updated to current tModLoader, it will not work if you have update Terraria, or up to date tModLoader. I'm hyped for when it WILL work though! This is by FAR my fave tool for the game, it changes so much in how you have to play, keeps the game fresh

Alright, TerraCustom 0.5 is released. Aside from updating to the Terraria 1.3.5.2 (1.3.5.3 works too, don't worry) and tModLoader 0.10.0.1, I can't really think of anything else that changed, feature-wise.

There are, however, good installation instructions in the download that I hope should help out everyone, especially Mac and Linux users who have a little less convenient of an installation process.

Let me know any bugs or feature requests. I tend to forget about bugs and feature requests unless they are on the GitHub however.

Alright, TerraCustom 0.5 is released. Aside from updating to the Terraria 1.3.5.2 (1.3.5.3 works too, don't worry) and tModLoader 0.10.0.1, I can't really think of anything else that changed, feature-wise.

There are, however, good installation instructions in the download that I hope should help out everyone, especially Mac and Linux users who have a little less convenient of an installation process.

Let me know any bugs or feature requests. I tend to forget about bugs and feature requests unless they are on the GitHub however.

I greatly appreciate your hard work. <3

Like the first Tmod loader update for 1.3.5.2 I think the new update might be having a little trouble with Linux (and maybe Mac? Don't know, I don't have one to check on but the Tmod loader update did). I install according to the instructions as I have many times before but when I start it up I get the Relogic logo and then a black screen. Any other Linux users noticing this issue or is something screwy on my end?

Edit: Problem solved. I use an old mod that hasn't been updated in forever that still works (Max Stack Plus). TerraCustom apparently doesn't like old mods. If you're getting the black screen error remove any old mods that haven't been updated from your mods folder prior to starting TerraCustom and it should start. Mods like Max Stack Plus that don't affect world creation can then be put back in when you're ready to play.

Last edited:
so idk if I'm just missing something, but I have a separate copy of Terraria on my computer specifically used for modding, and I recently updated TerraCustom to 0.5; after this, it gives me the error that your ReadMe indicates means that it's not put in the right area. how do I fix this?

so idk if I'm just missing something, but I have a separate copy of Terraria on my computer specifically used for modding, and I recently updated TerraCustom to 0.5; after this, it gives me the error that your ReadMe indicates means that it's not put in the right area. how do I fix this?
Well, either update your separate folder or place the exe in the vanilla folder. The latest release is for terraria 1.3.5+

Well, either update your separate folder or place the exe in the vanilla folder. The latest release is for terraria 1.3.5+
then in that case, what versions of Terraria and tModLoader work with TerraCustom v0.4? because I'm using version 1.3.4.4 of Terraria, and was using version 0.9.2.3 of tModLoader, and for some reason v0.4 of TerraCustom wasn't using my loaded mods during worldgen... any idea why that might be? (also, feel free to ask if you need more info)

Back
Top Bottom