Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Wow...This is just downright impressive...Please tell me your profession is coding because your talents are wasted programming as a hobby! {Though, I'm very happy for awesome people like you that make great mods like this :D}

I've read through the forum, and it says that it will still generate mod biomes 'n such{ores, chests, ect.), but I don't see any options that list the loaded mods or mod biomes {I might just be blind though...}. I just wanted to confirm that mod biomes will load in my world. I have a couple mods that load biomes depending on if you have corruption/crimson, and I was also wondering if I spawned both in a world, would both modded biomes then also spawn?

I love exploring, so I've tried to add a lot of new biomes with mods. Would it be at all possible to edit the number/size of modded biomes? If this isn't possible, it would still be great if the application could at least read the mods and simply list the modded biomes that will be spawned.

This is a great mod, and I really appreciate you having taken the time to create, update, and maintain it. Thanks a lot, and keep up the excellent work!

Wow...This is just downright impressive...Please tell me your profession is coding because your talents are wasted programming as a hobby! {Though, I'm very happy for awesome people like you that make great mods like this :D}

I've read through the forum, and it says that it will still generate mod biomes 'n such{ores, chests, ect.), but I don't see any options that list the loaded mods or mod biomes {I might just be blind though...}. I just wanted to confirm that mod biomes will load in my world. I have a couple mods that load biomes depending on if you have corruption/crimson, and I was also wondering if I spawned both in a world, would both modded biomes then also spawn?

I love exploring, so I've tried to add a lot of new biomes with mods. Would it be at all possible to edit the number/size of modded biomes? If this isn't possible, it would still be great if the application could at least read the mods and simply list the modded biomes that will be spawned.

This is a great mod, and I really appreciate you having taken the time to create, update, and maintain it. Thanks a lot, and keep up the excellent work!
As long as the mods are loaded and enabled when you use TerraCustom, modded biomes *should* generate in your worlds as they would otherwise -- although there isn't currently any way to tweak modded biomes with this tool. As far as crimson/corruption, only one is still chosen to impact your world depending on which options you use (I forget which one dictates it -- chasms maybe?). But even without using any other mods, only one is still chosen definitively as what your world identifies with. So even though you can technically have "both" with this, it's really only superficial as it will only spawn either Crimson Hearts or Shadow Orbs -- never both... at least in my experience.

I agree it would be nice to have some options for modded biomes down the line. Personally I just wished we could tweak the land portion of beaches to make them longer and oceans deeper -- I've noticed TerraCustom makes all my beaches shorter and oceans more shallow, while only having the ability to make oceans longer/wider.

Lastly, when you consider all he's accomplished for Terraria and its modding community, I assure you Jopo's coding talents are certainly NOT going to waste. :)

As long as the mods are loaded and enabled when you use TerraCustom, modded biomes *should* generate in your worlds as they would otherwise -- although there isn't currently any way to tweak modded biomes with this tool. As far as crimson/corruption, only one is still chosen to impact your world depending on which options you use (I forget which one dictates it -- chasms maybe?). But even without using any other mods, only one is still chosen definitively as what your world identifies with. So even though you can technically have "both" with this, it's really only superficial as it will only spawn either Crimson Hearts or Shadow Orbs -- never both... at least in my experience.

Recent updates have it back to spawning both hearts and orbs in worlds with both. Spawning only one was a very recent thing.

Recent updates have it back to spawning both hearts and orbs in worlds with both. Spawning only one was a very recent thing.
Having some trouble understanding what you mean. You say "recent updates have it back to spawning both," but then say "spawning only one was a very recent thing". Which one is it?

If what you're saying is both items still spawn together, then maybe you can answer SageRaziel's question as to which modded biomes will spawn in his world. That was the only reason I mentioned it.

Regardless, only one of the two items has been spawning in my most recent worlds with both biomes.

Having some trouble understanding what you mean. You say "recent updates have it back to spawning both," but then say "spawning only one was a very recent thing". Which one is it?

If what you're saying is both items still spawn together, then maybe you can answer SageRaziel's question as to which modded biomes will spawn in his world. That was the only reason I mentioned it.

Regardless, only one of the two items has been spawning in my most recent worlds with both biomes.

Spawning only hearts or only orbs was a bug in the code that cropped up recently sometime after the update to the current version of T-modloader (it's my understanding that it was a bug anyway not a conscious decision on jopojelly's part). Prior to that it had always spawned both hearts and orbs in a mixed Corruption/Crimson world.

A more recent update to TerraCustom has fixed that bug and it's back to it's origional proper behavior of spawning both in a world with both evils, at least it was in the world I created prior to this one. My most recent world I've only reached the Corruption so far I haven't found any Crimson to check for hearts. Some strange world gen on this one, haven't seen a single underground cabin yet despite not altering the percentage for them, but I blame that on normal terraria world gen strangeness not anything added by TerraCustom. If you're only spawning one or the other are you sure the world was created with TerraCustom update 0.5.1.2? That one was supposed to fix the issue and did so for me.

To my knowledge as long as the mods were enabled when the world was generated all biomes modded or otherwise should show up. I do know that if a world is saved on the cloud that can mess up modded biomes though so they should make sure they aren't saving their worlds on the cloud.

So during worldgen it paused at generating corruption pits (still is while writing this). I do have mods enabled but none to my knowledge change corruption spawning, and I don't think it's a memory issue since it would have given me an error. I had the world set to gen corruption w/ crimson caverns, gen them on opposite sides, and gen 2 biomes for each.
Any ideas?

EDIT: Third time's the charm, apparently. On the third attempt with the same settings it worked perfectly fine. Still might be something you'd want to look into, considering it happened more than once.

Last edited:
Any plans on the todo list to add Planetoids world gen from the Omnitool program made by Berserker66 (since omnitool does not work with mod added features)

This is wonderful! Thanks for all the hard work in making this. I've used this for my current world.

If I may offer an idea for a feature, how about the ability to tell the program to run multiple iterations using the same settings? In my case, I had set all my options, but I was looking for a particular world using those parameters, and it took quite a few tries to get exactly what I wanted. It would have been easier to tell it to make 10 worlds instead of one at a time.

I don't know if this was clarified anywhere in this thread but I'm currently running both latest Tremor and Calamity mod in my worlds, and i just wanted to make an account and say just how happy i am to be surprised that this mod does work with those two and fairly well. I mean yeah their is not anything to change anything related to those mods but the actual Creation of the world does not leave those two mods' biomes out of the mix.

Utterly surprised and amazed, and satisfied with the excellent work put into this. Thank you for this quality mod thing.

I got an error message after it almost finished generating:
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.WorldGen.GrowEpicTree(Int32 i, Int32 y)
at Terraria.WorldGen.<>c.<generateWorld>b__261_76(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
I don't quite know how to fix this, but my settings were basically max everything except traps, chests and world size and nothing that said it would fail or crash.

Um...so I've set the chests all to 0 and it says it still going to spawn over a thousand chests which is apparently still too much.
upload_2017-8-15_14-34-12.png

What's going on?

There are underground cabins in one of the other menus, those all have a chest in them

Thanks for that but I am now currently getting this error log (text file,) and now I am getting this every time I open TerraCustom:

unknown.png

Attachments

• Runtime Error.txt
    730 bytes · Views: 140
Last edited:
So i just keep getting the "System out of memory" error... Any help? My PC is pretty beastly don't think that's a problem. And yes i'm running it in the terraria steam folder

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom