Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

It's not really that bad. You can make a copy of your Terraria folder just for installing TerraCustom if you want. TC only really needs to know your mod list for world generation, so you can disable any mod in TMod 64bit that doesn't affect world generation in any way, create the world you want, and then re-enable everything and go to town. The only times I've had TC crash on me were problems with a specific mod, not the mod tools. 32bit should still be plenty of RAM for world generation, just not for actually loading up a heavily modded world to play in.
It isn't plenty of ram at all. Having all the mods I want gives an memory error and I always had to remove a good portion of them. 64 bit allows me to have a-lot more and generate a world with a-lot more content. I don't use terracustom because of this reason, I would love to, but I prefer to be able to have more mods. there's no solution to this despite what you guys say, It's the way I want to play. If terracustom gets a 64 tmod launcher compatibility update that would be great, if that ever happens. until then, I prefer the performance, and not being limited.

I keep having trouble with worlds generated by this. Worlds generated normally seem to work just fine, but any world I make with this gives me a
"Load Failed! Backup not found!"
Error.

These are my mods

"Antiaris",
"Antisocial",
"AutoTrash",
"BossChecklist",
"BuildPlanner",
"CalamityMod",
"CalamityModMusic",
"CheatSheet",
"ClamExtraMusic",
"CosmeticVariety",
"ElementalBoots",
"Events",
"ExtensibleInventory",
"HamstarHelpers",
"HEROsMod",
"MagicStorage",
"MaxStackExtra",
"NoMoreTombs",
"OmniSwing",
"RecipeBrowser",
"ShorterRespawn",
"TerrariaOverhaul",
"ThoriumMod",
"Unleveled",
"VeinMiner",
"Wildlife",
"WMITF",
"WorldGenPreviewer",
"XItemStats",

I got a problem while installing it. It shows this window and i dont know what to do. im running terraria at the right version.
error terraria.png

Will tModLoader v0.11 fix the bug with the map when using maps that are larger than 8400x2400, smaller than a 4200x1200 map, etc? Love this mod, but that bug makes it hard to play in larger maps.

that's fine. I have a better experience on 64 bit.
srry for bringing up an old thing but just clarifying something up. in TML 64 bit disable any mod that doesn't hav world gen, such as UI-only mods, Leveled, Magic Storage, etc, and keep mods that actually add structures like biomes and premade buildings, then try running TC in 32 bit TML. if this still doesn't work, either u hav way too many world gen mods its surprising ur game still makes worlds, or u still hav mods without world gen enabled

So... Just checking out this mod here.. What's the deal with chests not being able to spawn more than 900? Won't let me make a map whatsoever if it's over that limit. Honestly, it really takes away any purpose this mod has with that limitation. I have an Alienware with some great specs so surely I could meet the program's expectations.

Or, am I missing something here? I've got no other mods except the Large World Enabler and the WorldGen Previewer. Technically this is my first time using mods with Terraria so I can understand if I just messed something up, but.. I'm fairly confident that I did this correctly. Is it TerraCustom or maybe the Large World Enabler that's at fault here?

Last question (off-topic).. what's with the 64 bit stuff? Terraria is a 32 bit game right? Have people found out how to run Terraria with more power?

So... Just checking out this mod here.. What's the deal with chests not being able to spawn more than 900? Won't let me make a map whatsoever if it's over that limit. Honestly, it really takes away any purpose this mod has with that limitation. I have an Alienware with some great specs so surely I could meet the program's expectations.

Or, am I missing something here? I've got no other mods except the Large World Enabler and the WorldGen Previewer. Technically this is my first time using mods with Terraria so I can understand if I just messed something up, but.. I'm fairly confident that I did this correctly. Is it TerraCustom or maybe the Large World Enabler that's at fault here?

Last question (off-topic).. what's with the 64 bit stuff? Terraria is a 32 bit game right? Have people found out how to run Terraria with more power?
when it comes to specs, if you have more than 2GB ram, Terraria and TerraCustom can only see 2GB, so you could try adding more ram but it won't do anything. more than 900 chests seems to cause world gen to go over this 2GB limit which would crash TerraCustom. TModLoader has found out how to make Terraria a truly 64 bit program, but TerraCustom still requires 32 bit Terraria

I wish there was a 2019 update for this mod to run on the TModLoader 64-bit.
its almost 2020, I dont now who is still using 32-bit, but the general population is gearing away from 32-bit anything these days.
even microsoft is moving away from 32-bit all together, along with many other companies.
Wish this mod was 64-bit compatible, until then, now I have to hunt for an alternative, which breaks my heart because I really love TerraCustom.

Having done a search myself, the only thing I've come across is The Terraria Seed Project. Sadly it's nowhere near as efficient as TerraCustom.

The reason there's not a bigger push to port everything to 64bit is because vanilla Terraria can't support 64bit. The engine Terraria uses, XNA, was made before 64bit support was even needed by most people. As the engine is no longer supported ReLogic would have to either port the game into a new engine or do the conversion themselves. Either situation would be a gigantic nightmare, and the results would take so long to produce that you're better off just making a Terraria 2. I think ReLogic has already chose this route after the announcement of Journey's End.

TMod 64bit is not the perfect solution either. The loader itself is not completely stable and has bugs unique to it. Also many mods need to be modified to work with it, meaning a mod developer would have to either drop support for TMod 32bit or double their workload. There's no good outcome there.

Thanks for the info, its very much appreciated :)

What's the deal with chests not being able to spawn more than 900? Won't let me make a map whatsoever if it's over that limit.
Terraria has a hardcoded limit of 1000 chests, you can't load a world with more than that. Keeping a limit of 900 chests at worldgen gives you a margin of 100 chests you can craft and add to your base. Keep in mind that barrels, trash cans, dressers, etc. also count as chests.

Why must it be Github i cant download off of that?
Why not? Just click the OS you use and it should download.

Also could someone link me to the 32bit TModLoader? I can only seem to find TML64 for 32bit PCs? I really want to make a world with this mod.

Did you try using the Blushiemagic's TmodLoader link in the OP for TMod 64?

Also, TerraCustom will run just fine without TMod installed at all in a vanilla version of the game. It's only the TMod 64bit port that doesn't work with TerraCustom. So just running TerraCustom from the backup you made of Terraria before installing TMod will allow you to use it. Of course you made a back up, right? ^_^

Yup, I think this is the link I used for the GOG TML patcher, which works fine with TML mods, but not with TerraCustom. I get an error which someone said was due to it being a 64bit version. Maybe I'm just out of luck there? I'm going to download the Steam version right now, and hopefully that sorts it out. Thanks for the reply.

I don't know much about coding and :red:, but is adapting it to work with tml64 really that hard to do? Is there no easy/fast way or anything like that? I'm guessing it's not just a matter of editing a line or two, or someone would have done it long ago, right?

I don't know much about coding and :red:, but is adapting it to work with tml64 really that hard to do? Is there no easy/fast way or anything like that? I'm guessing it's not just a matter of editing a line or two, or someone would have done it long ago, right?
afaik the 64 bit version changes a lot of files that terracustom tries to open, so there are those conflicts. I won't know unless I try and I won't try since I don't have time to do that.

looks like you have installed tml 64 bit, that will prevent you from loading TerraCustom
The switch helped, but the reason I was using the 64bit in the first place, was because the Large World Enabler won't function with the 32bit one, something about being out of memory which is strange since my laptop has 8gb of ram. Nonetheless I guess I'm screwed I'll never be able to make an Extra Large world /:

afaik the 64 bit version changes a lot of files that terracustom tries to open, so there are those conflicts. I won't know unless I try and I won't try since I don't have time to do that.
Eh, guess it wouldn't be worth it if it was that easy. Thanks for the explanation.

Back
Top Bottom