Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Capture.PNG

Whenever I try to open up TerraCustom, I get this error.

1. pretty sure it should be fine, but if you run into problems, just disable overhaul until after you generate the world, since I'm pretty sure overhaul doesn't do anything in world gen.

2. that's not really a big concern. iirc, 3 sky islands will guarantee you all sky island drops. Pyramids I guess could have duplicates and missing items. Anyway, no, nothing special is done to guarantee things other than the vanilla code.
Hello jopojelly, i ran into the problem that when i start terracustom it disabled overhaul, so i looked into the wiki if peope have the same problem so i tried your solution and disabling overhaul while making a terracustom world but the problem is i cant choose the season where my world begins which i can normally do in the normal game. Do your know where the problem is? i hope u can understand my post, im not a native speaker :)
Terraria Fehler.PNG

Hello jopojelly, i ran into the problem that when i start terracustom it disabled overhaul, so i looked into the wiki if peope have the same problem so i tried your solution and disabling overhaul while making a terracustom world but the problem is i cant choose the season where my world begins which i can normally do in the normal game. Do your know where the problem is? i hope u can understand my post, im not a native speaker :)View attachment 231424
There probably isn't anything that can be done, TerraCustom is changed enough that some mods can't anticipate the differences, causing crashes.

Ok so I made a world but it didn't show up in my game somehow so I checked my "My Games" Terraria folder and there were 2 different world maps, 1 with my custom worlds and 1 with the worlds I made in the game itself. I copied over the custom worlds but they give the error "Unable to Load, No backup Found" or something like that. Any way to bypass this? I just wanna play in a bigger world dammit.

Ok so I made a world but it didn't show up in my game somehow so I checked my "My Games" Terraria folder and there were 2 different world maps, 1 with my custom worlds and 1 with the worlds I made in the game itself. I copied over the custom worlds but they give the error "Unable to Load, No backup Found" or something like that. Any way to bypass this? I just wanna play in a bigger world dammit.
Are you using large world enabler + tmodloader or some other approach to load the map? it kinda sounds like you are probably loading on unmodded Terraria, which won't work.

I'm sure you've been asked this already, but I don't feel like looking through 80+ pages. Is there a way to make worlds even larger than 2x?

I've tried this and it works, at least till the last part, generating hardmode ores, then it just stops.

I have tried all variations of the ore settings
But it still happens, even when I don't touch the hardmode ore settings.

I have terracustom with large world enabler, world gen previewer, and thorium, but it never generates the aquatic depths. Only when I click cancel does it generate the depths before stopping the generation.

Any idea why?

I have terracustom with large world enabler, world gen previewer, and thorium, but it never generates the aquatic depths. Only when I click cancel does it generate the depths before stopping the generation.

Any idea why?
ok, it was a problem with gen previewer. Disabling it generated everything proper.

Is there a setting to lower the underground [background]? I want my surface to start just above the underground background so I can have more sky.

Attachments

• Capture 2020-01-07 21_30_01.png
    Capture 2020-01-07 21_30_01.png
    337.7 KB · Views: 156
Is there a setting to lower the underground [background]? I want my surface to start just above the underground background so I can have more sky.

There's no setting to specify individual layer heights, but you can set the overall world height higher which increase the height of all layers, which would give you more sky. Depending on what values you use you use you may need the Large World Enabler mod.

ETA: I think TEdit let's you specify were each level starts, but this would be after world generation and probably not what your looking for.

If I missed this, I'm sorry but I promise I did look. I am using the x64 bit version of TML but now I can't use TerraCustom. Is there any way I can use both?

I kinda wonder why you bother loading recipes and assets? wouldn't skipping that step reduce memory foot print issues for the sake of world generation almost entirely?

I kinda wonder why you bother loading recipes and assets? wouldn't skipping that step reduce memory foot print issues for the sake of world generation almost entirely?
it's easier to leave everything as it is then try to make judgment calls on what wouldn't break things.

@jopojelly Any plans to update TerraCustom soon? The latest version (that I can find at least) is for Tmod 11.5. I am running Tmod 11.6.1 (Waiting until 6.2 is out of Beta) and while I am running the 64 bit patch, which TerraCustom doesn't like, I use a trick where I run TerraCustom from a backup Vanilla folder, and it works just fine. While I can get TerraCustom to run normally it disabled the Furniture, Food, Fun (CosmeticVariety) mod because it's built for Tmod 11.6.2 (Just updated today, actually, as I recall). It doesn't mind the Calamity, Thorium, Spirit, Shadows of Abaddon, Joost, Chad's Furniture & Fargo's Mutant/Souls mods, which are the only ones I have on when doing Worldgen, but it seems to dislike Furniture, Food, Fun. I reckon other people may start seeing this issue with soon-to-be updated mods.

Minor gripe, as well, but I'm looking for a way around it, worldgen tends to freeze on Corruption Pits if I have both evils enabled and try to make them avoid the Jungle. It seems that no matter what, Worldgen only goes smoothly if it plasters the Evil biomes over the Jungle, otherwise generation grinds to a halt when putting Corruption in.

Edit: I forgot that you can simply turn off Corruption/Crimson generation, so I tried that and now I'm having no issue generating worlds, and Furniture, Food, Fun is now working again... somehow. I might try and see if I can make larger worlds this way, because I never could go larger than 9000 blocks, it would always freeze and crash on Evil generation. Having to build the biome manually is a small price to pay.

Last edited:
@jopojelly Any plans to update TerraCustom soon? The latest version (that I can find at least) is for Tmod 11.5. I am running Tmod 11.6.1 (Waiting until 6.2 is out of Beta) and while I am running the 64 bit patch, which TerraCustom doesn't like, I use a trick where I run TerraCustom from a backup Vanilla folder, and it works just fine. While I can get TerraCustom to run normally it disabled the Furniture, Food, Fun (CosmeticVariety) mod because it's built for Tmod 11.6.2 (Just updated today, actually, as I recall). It doesn't mind the Calamity, Thorium, Spirit, Shadows of Abaddon, Joost, Chad's Furniture & Fargo's Mutant/Souls mods, which are the only ones I have on when doing Worldgen, but it seems to dislike Furniture, Food, Fun. I reckon other people may start seeing this issue with soon-to-be updated mods.

Minor gripe, as well, but I'm looking for a way around it, worldgen tends to freeze on Corruption Pits if I have both evils enabled and try to make them avoid the Jungle. It seems that no matter what, Worldgen only goes smoothly if it plasters the Evil biomes over the Jungle, otherwise generation grinds to a halt when putting Corruption in.

Edit: I forgot that you can simply turn off Corruption/Crimson generation, so I tried that and now I'm having no issue generating worlds, and Furniture, Food, Fun is now working again... somehow. I might try and see if I can make larger worlds this way, because I never could go larger than 9000 blocks, it would always freeze and crash on Evil generation. Having to build the biome manually is a small price to pay.
Things happen when I have time. But you should really update to 0.11.6.2, 0.11.6.1 has a huge bug. 0.11.6.2 was never "in beta"

As for Corruption Pits freeze, I'd have to have time to figure out why that happens sometimes.

Loving this, but I really want this so i can have it change the size of the Jungle cos I want a world where it covers...

EVERY...
INCH...
OF ...
THE...
WORLD!!!

Please make it happen. c:

Back
Top Bottom