Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

I used Extra Large World Enabler and World Size Modifier to set my world size to 100000000 x 28571430
Also; I keep getting "Estimated Chest count too high, it will crash, please fix."

worldsize.PNG

i want tml 64 support so i can use as many mods as i want and to also not have to worry about world gen failure since memory usage wouldnt be limited but to fix your problem your world is 2 big period i wouldnt go past like 30k ish blocks i have fully tested this but i know that the size you went for is 2 high and the amount of chests to cause failure is most likely impossible to lower to a reasonable level keep your size reasonable

i want tml 64 support so i can use as many mods as i want and to also not have to worry about world gen failure since memory usage wouldnt be limited but to fix your problem your world is 2 big period i wouldnt go past like 30k ish blocks i have fully tested this but i know that the size you went for is 2 high and the amount of chests to cause failure is most likely impossible to lower to a reasonable level keep your size reasonable
I was getting the chest error before I set the world size to a ridiculous amount.
Here is an example of what I mean:

I'm also getting this error when I attempt to load the program with 64-bit tModloader:
terracustomerror.PNG

My directory:
tml64files.PNG
(I'm using the Steam version of Terraria.)

Last edited:
Has anyone else encountered the issue where the world generation process stops midway and does not continue even after leaving it for a while? I am trying to generate a double-width large world with Calamity, and each time I attempt this, the world generation process halts itself near the end, always at the same place in the process.

I was getting the chest error before I set the world size to a ridiculous amount.
Here is an example of what I mean:

I'm also getting this error when I attempt to load the program with 64-bit tModloader:
View attachment 267439
My directory:
(I'm using the Steam version of Terraria.)
If you use tml 64 bit terracustom won't launch because their are currently incompatible to help with chest numbers go to mini biomes and lower the number of underground cabins this helps a lot. if you want to use mods on your custom sized worlds you would need to use tml 32bit and only grab what mods affect world gen to save as much memory as possible and then launch terra custom and make the world after the world is made you would just install the rest of your mods.

Has anyone else encountered the issue where the world generation process stops midway and does not continue even after leaving it for a while? I am trying to generate a double-width large world with Calamity, and each time I attempt this, the world generation process halts itself near the end, always at the same place in the process.
are you running with the custom world size mod. the world wont launch(finish) if that mod isnt present

are you running with the custom world size mod. the world wont launch(finish) if that mod isnt present
Do you mean "Large World Enabler"? If so, then yes, I have that enabled; I am unable to find a mod entitled "Custom World Size". The world generation consistently gets stuck at "Finishing Sulfur Sea", and never makes any progress beyond that point no matter how long I leave it. I have tried with the minimal required mods for worldgen with Calamity (just Calamity and Large World Enabler), and the results are the same as with my somewhat larger mod list. The world generation will not progress beyond "Finishing Sulfur Sea".

Do you mean "Large World Enabler"? If so, then yes, I have that enabled; I am unable to find a mod entitled "Custom World Size". The world generation consistently gets stuck at "Finishing Sulfur Sea", and never makes any progress beyond that point no matter how long I leave it. I have tried with the minimal required mods for worldgen with Calamity (just Calamity and Large World Enabler), and the results are the same as with my somewhat larger mod list. The world generation will not progress beyond "Finishing Sulfur Sea".
no i was asking if you had any mods to enable custom world sizes in case there were more than just Large world Enabler, sorry for the confusion. Try running with both large world enabler and world size modifier. Hope this fixes your issue

Hey, very awesome tool!
May I ask if there is any way to increase the maximum chest amounts? Can chest amounts scale with a bigger world?
I'm currently playing 16800x2400 Large World Enabler with only max 900 chests (the tool always fails when I go > 901 chests). It feels kind of lost and hard to find a chest.

Last edited:
Calamity has a problem with terracustom because it messes with the jungle temple generation, everytime you generate a world bigger than large, it won't work, the error comes from terracustom unable to tinker with the new custom generation that calamity introduces to the temple, at least the last time i checked.

Hey, very awesome tool!
May I ask if there is any way to increase the maximum chest amounts? Can chest amounts scale with a bigger world?
I'm currently playing 16800x2400 Large World Enabler with only max 900 chests (the tool always fails when I go > 901 chests). It feels kind of lost and hard to find a chest.
Terraria has a hardcoded of 1000 chests, modded or not, the devs did this and i doubt there is a way of increasing it without breaking the game itself.

I have a question:
1) What happens if I use an option to generate both copper and tin ores? (tin\copper ore amount is default 100%)
Does it double total "first level"* ore quantity in my world or there will be the same total amount of "first level" ores but shared among ores: half for tin ore and other half for copper?

1) first level ore: tin+copper

I have a question:
1) What happens if I use an option to generate both copper and tin ores? (tin\copper ore amount is default 100%)
Does it double total "first level"* ore quantity in my world or there will be the same total amount of "first level" ores but shared among ores: half for tin ore and other half for copper?

1) first level ore: tin+copper
you'll have the same total amount of tier 1 ore, half will be one, the other half will be the other

Hi, I have a problem with the program. I can launch it fine and create a world, but when I enter Terraria the world is nowhere to be found on the list. Can I fix this?

Hi, I have a problem with the program. I can launch it fine and create a world, but when I enter Terraria the world is nowhere to be found on the list. Can I fix this?
Well, have you ever installed tmodloader before? your worlds might be saving to the ModLoader/Worlds folder, check there. You can move them to the original save folder

Back
Top Bottom