Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Sadly I don't think it's a good idea to wait for compatible TerraCustom when 1.4 drops, that might take quite some time. Although I also am interested in some estimate regarding how long it might take.

Some time after tModLoader updates at least

Apparently the current version of tModLoader is supposed to be compatible with 1.4 right off the bat (and it's gonna be available through Steam), which means they won't be updating anymore (outside of maybe bugfixing).

Apparently the current version of tModLoader is supposed to be compatible with 1.4 right off the bat (and it's gonna be available through Steam), which means they won't be updating anymore (outside of maybe bugfixing).
No, on the release of 1.4, a branch of 1.3.5 with TModloader already installed will be available as Free DLC will be released alongside it. IIRC, 1.4 TModloader will be released as another Free DLC, as a branch of 1.4 with TML already installed, but will come out later after the 1.4 update.

Terraria 1.4 aside, would it be possible to add a feature to this where you can change the average height of specific biomes? I ask mostly because I tend to imagine the Snow biome as being a tall mountain born out of a cryovolcano, while the Desert biome is the remnant of a massive former lake that is now dried up (and thus, below sea level), so having the option to customize their average heights during world generation would make for a more immersive experience without having to spend hours upon hours with cheat mods to terraform the landscape block-by-block.

Terraria 1.4 aside, would it be possible to add a feature to this where you can change the average height of specific biomes? I ask mostly because I tend to imagine the Snow biome as being a tall mountain born out of a cryovolcano, while the Desert biome is the remnant of a massive former lake that is now dried up (and thus, below sea level), so having the option to customize their average heights during world generation would make for a more immersive experience without having to spend hours upon hours with cheat mods to terraform the landscape block-by-block.
Well, it might be technically possible, just not something I would be able to implement, since it's a bit of an obscure feature.

Is it possible to be an option to have both crimson and corruption not merged together but be at different sides of the world? (crimson - left side, corruption - right side or something like that)

Is it possible to be an option to have both crimson and corruption not merged together but be at different sides of the world? (crimson - left side, corruption - right side or something like that)
I'm pretty sure that's an already existing feature in case I got you right. When I used TerraCustom I always made both crimson and corruption in my world and forced them to be on the opposite sides.

I'm pretty sure that's an already existing feature in case I got you right. When I used TerraCustom I always made both crimson and corruption in my world and forced them to be on the opposite sides.

It's also partially implemented into Vanilla as an Easter Egg.

If you use the seed 05162020 , the world will spawn with both evils. Among... other things...

I think there's an option to force them on different sides

Well, it might be technically possible, just not something I would be able to implement, since it's a bit of an obscure feature.
I think some time ago you mentioned an option to change biome sizes? But I think it just stayed as an idea.

I have not been able to run TerraCustom since May 16th at least. To try and solve the issue, I've uninstalled, wiped the folders manually, cleared the download cache, and reinstalled both Terraria and tModLoader from steam.

If I run TerraCustom from the Terraria Folder, it complains about "House_Banner_0.xnb", etc missing.
TerraCustom_v0.7_kRITBN2QHc.png

If I run it from the tModLoader folder, it complains about "TileCracks.xnb, etc missing.
TerraCustom_v0.7_6T4O0eIl0S.png

I think this should be added to this issue tracker on github if it has not been already, but let me know if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom