Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

one question, because of terraria 1.4 and the fact that you can't downgrade your version back to 1.3, and as you might know they added an tmodloader app to steam, now what I'm wondering is would it still work being put in the directory for the tmodloader app or does it absolutely have to be in the terraria directory?

one question, because of terraria 1.4 and the fact that you can't downgrade your version back to 1.3, and as you might know they added an tmodloader app to steam, now what I'm wondering is would it still work being put in the directory for the tmodloader app or does it absolutely have to be in the terraria directory?
getting it to work right now is probably really complicated, and I haven't worked through all the hoops yet. Just wait until it updates.

It'll be worth the wait, for sure. Been using it for quite awhile now, and living without it has been kind of a pain. I think once tMod hits 1.4, the community will start to go nuts with mods again. Maybe we can even hope to see some new options in the 1.4 version!

@Scripter Yeah same here this tool is the best at creating suitable worlds for my boss arenas, and vault worlds. The normal worldgen tends to like giving me the finger by placing the crimson right next to the jungle and hardmode without the stripes was the best. Darn I miss this tool!

@Scripter Yeah same here this tool is the best at creating suitable worlds for my boss arenas, and vault worlds. The normal worldgen tends to like giving me the finger by placing the crimson right next to the jungle and hardmode without the stripes was the best. Darn I miss this tool!

I normally take a look at each world before I play it using TEdit. That way, I know the world generation hasn't givin me something terrible lol

I normally take a look at each world before I play it using TEdit. That way, I know the world generation hasn't givin me something terrible lol
Yeah but still, But having a flat canvas without the steep mountains makes building arenas much easier and standard. I know it sounds petty but I'm extremely obsessive about having certain features for certain worlds for example Arenas must be flat, dungeon must always be on the left, and there can only be one corruption biome and world gen always mucks it up. At the moment I'm practically a hermit crab hopping between casual throw away worlds because they are insufficient for my needs.

Yeah but still, But having a flat canvas without the steep mountains makes building arenas much easier and standard. I know it sounds petty but I'm extremely obsessive about having certain features for certain worlds for example Arenas must be flat, dungeon must always be on the left, and there can only be one corruption biome and world gen always mucks it up. At the moment I'm practically a hermit crab hopping between casual throw away worlds because they are insufficient for my needs.

I suppose I'm the same way when it comes to world-gen. It doesn't help that world-gen by itself is really wonky sometimes haha.

I really can't wait to have this back in my arsenal :)

after tmod updates. so it'll be a while

I don't suppose you'd be interested in writing a simple world size only plugin for Terraria Tweaker (see this post) in the meantime? You're the one person who has the skills to do it quickly and it would mean a great deal to some of us to be able to do a tweaked vanilla 1.4 run on an extra large world while waiting for tModLoader—which may still take a while.

I don't suppose you'd be interested in writing a simple world size only plugin for Terraria Tweaker (see this post) in the meantime? You're the one person who has the skills to do it quickly and it would mean a great deal to some of us to be able to do a tweaked vanilla 1.4 run on an extra large world while waiting for tModLoader—which may still take a while.
No, I don't have time for that, I'm busy working on updating tmodloader

error.PNG

My 1st time using the program and I can't figure what I am doing wrong. I made sure that I have both Terraria and tModLoader's files are in correct and that nothing is missing through Steam's repair. I disabled all my active mods, I updated all my Mircrosoft software of Net Framework and XNA program. I can't think of what else the problem could be. I don't understand the coding error. All I can make out is I seem to be missing a UI banner? (But steam won't download that or the tModLoader so I don't know what to do to fix that issue).

EDIT: I didn't read anything on the main page and made this post. I read comments up from the last of them and see the program no longer works for now. I did not know that before I made this post. I only got confirmation on the 2nd to last page. I will leave this post as I had it for those who follow after me to see that it no longer works until it is updated. Sorry for the bother.

Last edited:
TerraCustom v0.8 is out. The new install is similar to manually installing tModLoader. Make sure to read the README.txt. It is untested on Mac and Linux, let me know if it works or doesn't work. TerraCustom v0.8 updates to tModLoader v0.11.7.5, it does not have Journeys End content, that will happen later when tModLoader updates. TerraCustom does require a Terraria 1.4.0.5 install, just like tModLoader does. Release v0.8 · JavidPack/TerraCustom

In the new update would you consider making a better progress bar of sorts? I've been trying to generate a very... interesting world for a while and it takes forever to do some steps, forever being multiple hours (specifically it's hung up on "Generating Structures...Mining Explosives" right now, and it HAS gotten past this on a different generation attempt after waiting overnight) and I'm honestly unsure if it's still making progress. The progress bars already present in vanilla aren't much help, as they freeze for the entirety of this step, and I've seen some more information on later steps (ex. generating minecart tracks has a counter for how many it has generated/how many it has left, something like "0 of 40" on screen.) I don't know how difficult this would be to add as I don't know anything about programming, but I personally would really appreciate if you'd consider this suggestion (also, thanks for updating it to work again without having a copy of 1.3!)

Mine won't load corruption pits. The loading just ends there.
From what I can tell the game has issues with generating corruption pits when the terrain has a particularly high height variance, try lowering that a bit (or use the crimson which doesn't have that problem.)

TerraCustom v0.8 is out. The new install is similar to manually installing tModLoader. Make sure to read the README.txt. It is untested on Mac and Linux, let me know if it works or doesn't work. TerraCustom v0.8 updates to tModLoader v0.11.7.5, it does not have Journeys End content, that will happen later when tModLoader updates. TerraCustom does require a Terraria 1.4.0.5 install, just like tModLoader does. Release v0.8 · JavidPack/TerraCustom

Does this require manual installation? Because I can't find this in the mod browser,

I'm having trouble getting this to work with TModLoader or is it not currently able to work with TModLoader (the one-off of steam) is it possible to get it to work? I really want to test the large world enabler mod.

Back
Top Bottom