Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

jopojelly

Retinazer
tModLoader
Discord:
Patreon:

This is the updated TerraCustom for generating world for Terraria 1.3. (endorsed by the original author)

This standalone executable will generate a Terraria world guided by your input. You can choose background images, ores, crimson/corruption/both, Dungeon Size, and many, many more options to create a world to your liking. Want a world with high mountains, both crimson and corruption, a huge Dungeon, and no Pots? You can make it, or whatever other world with TerraCustom.

Also compatible with tModLoader mods and Leveled RPG mod generation.

I am open to suggestions for future iterations, especially since much was added in Terraria 1.3. Also, the code is open to collaboration on GitHub, if you can code, I would love to make this a group effort. I'll guide you in coding your first feature.

Latest Download: jopojelly's TerraCustom v0.8.1 (tModLoader 0.11.7.7/Terraria 1.3.5.3)
For Windows | Mac | Linux -- Download
(note, to play extra-large worlds, use Large World Enabler)
(note, to watch world gen use WorldGen Previewer)

Install and Usage:
READ the file called README.txt.
I'll be very disappointed in you if you ask something that was answered in there.

PS: Let me know if you find anything that doesn't work as expected. Much credit goes to PinkPlum for the original.

Demo in 15 seconds:

Features:
Terrain: Surface Height (variance, upper and lower bounds), Dungeon Size, Temple Size, Tree Height, Surface Lakes, Surface Tunnels, World Width, World Height (Note: You need to download the tModLoader mod Large World Enabler to play these extra large worlds. Be careful generating super small worlds, they don't work all the time.)

Ores/Ore Amount: Choose which ores to spawn. Can spawn both, choose one, or let fate decide. Spawn amounts (0 to 500%) can also be specified. Hardmode ores can be spawned as well (Both sets, if desired)

Graphics Style: Choose styles for the moon, trees, the dungeon, moss, and jungle shrines. Previews for Trees,moss,moon.

Backgrounds: Choose biome background images. A preview of each style is shown as they are selected. Choose underground biome background images.

Miscellaneous: Choose between Random, Corruption, Crimson, Neither, or both, start in hardmode, spawn hardmode stripes, choose dungeon side, prevent corruption/crimson from spawning near jungle, guarantee or prevent Pyramids and Giant Trees.

Challenge option: Several options to disable: trees, dungeon generation, temple generation, spider caves, hives, snow, jungle, pots, chests, altars, orbs/hearts, underworld, anthills, beaches

Micro Biomes: Enchanted Sword Shrine, Sky Islands, Minecart Tracks, Gemstone Caves, Spider Caves, Marble Caves, Granite Caves, Underground Cabins, Thinice, Campsites

Traps: Mining Explosives, Traps, Temple Traps

Various Spawns: Crystal Hearts, Pre-Drop Meteors

Downed Bosses/Found NPCS: Pre-down bosses or pre-find NPCs. NPCs will spawn naturally if you build enough homes.

Chests: Generate multiple sets of Biome chests, Jungle Shrines, Pots, Shadow Chests, Surface Chests, Underwater Chests, Temple Chests

Debug: Save World After Each Step, Save World to tModLoader folder, Leveled RPG Mod options.

Updates:

Planned Soon (roughly in order of when I might do it)
  • Desert size slider.
  • Slider for Vein size
  • Chlorophyte Ore Option/Slider
  • Preview even more things: Jungle Shrines
  • Tile Spawns: Silt, Sand
  • Spawn Area: Prevent Snow too close, Choose challenge biome to spawn in
  • Altar amounts
  • Floating island size
  • Other water?
  • Giant Trees amounts.
  • Cave size
  • Obsidian Towers: Spawn, Range
  • Pregen surface mushroom biome?
  • Spawn surface hallow
  • Multiple Temples? Multiple Dungeons?
  • Generate All one biome?
  • Starting weather?
  • Choose novel spawn locations
  • ...whatever else by popular demand.
Ready for Release
  • nothing yet
v0.8.1
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.11.7.7. See new install instructions.
  • Fixed Corruption Pits issue.
v0.7
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.11.6.2 to support newer mods.
  • A bunch of new features, see the github release notes. Thanks GreenBirdMusic
v0.6.2
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.11.5 to support newer mods.
  • Fixed moon and seed saving bugs
  • Mac and Linux installs are now drag and drop.
v0.6.1
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.11.4 to support newer mods.
  • Mac and Linux now have different installation instructions, be sure to read the readme. The new way should allow keeping Terraria and TerraCustom separate without having to rename files, but is untested.
v0.6
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.11.2.2 to support newer mods.
v0.5.4
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.10.1.5 to support newer mods.
v0.5.3.1
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.10.1.3 to support newer mods.
v0.5.3
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.10.1.1 because a few mods need it.
  • Chinese Localization
  • If you are interested in translating to other languages, let me know.
v0.5.2
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.10.1 to take advantage of better memory management
v0.5.1
  • Fix double pyramids
  • Fix Crim+Corruption with 0 Corruption chasms.
v0.5
  • tModLoader 0.10.0.1
  • Terraria 1.3.5.2

v0.4
  • tModloader 0.9.2.1
  • Fixed a player related bug
  • Prevent users from generating a world with too many chests
  • Leveled RPG 11 support
v0.3.7
  • Vastly improved settings saver.
    • Save multiple settings
    • Width and Height are now saved.
  • Fixed trees all being 5 tiles high
  • Updated codebase to tModloader 0.8.3.5 and Terraria 1.3.3.3
v0.3.6
  • Updated to tModLoader v0.8.3.4 and Terraria 1.3.3.2
  • "Force Enchanted Sword Shrine Real" option forces all shrines to be real (No fake swords)
v0.3.5
  • Updated to tmodloader v0.8.3.2 (fixes some mods being disabled on load)
  • Added slider for Geyser Spawn
  • Added Corruption Biome Amount slider
  • Added Crimson Biome Amount slider
  • Added option to force Crimson and Corruption to separate sides.
  • Fix shadow/hearts spawning in wrong spots
Large World Enabler v0.1 released
  • You can finally play extra large worlds using tModLoader.
v0.3.4
  • Fixed minecart tracks
  • Bypass Spawn Area Flatness option
v0.3.3
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.8.3.1 and Terraria 1.3.2.1
    • Should fix problems with minecarts.
v0.3.2
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.8.1.1 and Terraria 1.3.1.1
v0.3.1
  • Memory allocation expanded, allowing for extra-large worlds to actually be generated.
v0.3
  • tModLoader support. Enabled mods are automatically loaded and will contribute to World Generation.
  • Mac and Linux support -- Untested, but I'm pretty confident it will work.
  • Tens of thousands of changed lines of code.
v0.2.1
  • Mushroom Biome Spawn
  • Statue Spawn
  • Save/Load settings (1 slot for now)
  • Leveled RPG Mod support
  • Hive Spawn
v0.2.0
  • Fixed chest estimation
  • Fixed bug on making a 2nd world
  • Custom world size option to preserve world width and height on subsequent generations
v0.1.9
  • Debug Option: Save to tModLoader World directory
  • Reorganize Options/Fix for small screens
v0.1.8
  • World Width and World Height Sliders (Be careful.)
  • Beach Length Slider
  • Specific Trap Sliders
  • Non-gemcave gems
  • Option to prevent presmashed altars from spawning a patch of Crimson/Corruption/Hallow
  • Slider Precision (A/Left or D/Right while mouse hovering. Hold Shift to move slower)
  • Thin Ice biome spawns.
  • Campsite spawn
  • Debug Option: Save World After Each Step (ex: MyWorld_01.wld, MyWorld_02.wld, etc. Image Example)
v0.1.7
  • Vastly improved Chest Estimate
  • Shadow Chest Spawn
  • Surface Chest Spawn
  • Underwater Chest Spawn
  • Temple Chest Spawn
  • Option to generate both sets of Hardmode Ores when using Presmash Altar Option
v0.1.6
  • Fixed ore spawn amounts to actually work
  • Demonite/Crimtane, Hellstone Spawn
  • Pot spawn
  • Preview Underground Backgrounds, others.
  • Jungle shrine amounts
  • Tree height (upper/lower bounds)
  • Surface Tunnels (0-5000%)
  • Multiple biome chest sets
  • Fix pre smash altar mixup.
  • Surface Lakes
  • Hardmode spawn strips
  • Crude chest estimate (To help stay under 1000 limit)
v0.1.5b
  • Minecart track bug fixed
  • Chest Bug fixed
  • Rudimentary warning for chests over engine limit (Underground Cabins)
v0.1.5
  • Surface Terrain Height variation control (Flat/Hilly)
  • Dungeon Size
  • No Anthill option
  • Pre-Drop Meteors
  • No Beaches option.
  • Underground Cabin amounts
  • Temple Trap amount
  • Temple Size
  • Preview Some Things
  • Underground background selection
  • No more splash screen.
v0.1.4
  • Crystal Heart Spawn
  • Downed Bosses
  • Found NPCs
  • Minecart Track Spawn
  • Gemstone Cave Size and Spawn
  • Granite Cave Spawn
  • Marble Cave Spawn
  • Spider Cave Spawn
v0.1.3
  • Crimson/Corruption: Choose between Random, Crimson, Corruption, Crimson with additional Corruption chasms, Corruption with additional Crimson chasms, and Neither. (There are two options for both so you can choose what type Terraria sees the world as.)
  • Dungeon side: Choose between Random, Left and Right. Note that Jungle and Sand are opposite of Dungeon and Snow is always on the same side as Dungeon.
  • Force Crimson/Corruption to Avoid Jungle Side: Choose between False(Vanilla) and True. This option allows you to force Corruption and Crimson to spawn away from the Jungle. Your jungle will be safe.
v0.1.2
  • oops, "No Snow" and "No Jungle" work now.
  • No Underworld option
  • Sky Island spawn [0 - 1000%]
v0.1.1
  • Enchanted Sword Shrine spawn [0 - 500%]
  • Mining Explosive spawn [0 - 5000%]
  • Trap spawn (boulder and dart) [0 - 10000%]
  • No longer requires Steam version
  • Menu fixed to reset correctly.
v0.1
  • Initial release. Most things work, too lazy to enumerate.

Last edited:
One feature I've wanted, although I'm not sure it is possible, is to determine how many corruption or crimson biomes spawn. For example, generate a large world with only one corruption biome, or a small world with four crimson biomes, or a medium world with one of each.

One feature I've wanted, although I'm not sure it is possible, is to determine how many corruption or crimson biomes spawn. For example, generate a large world with only one corruption biome, or a small world with four crimson biomes, or a medium world with one of each.

also disabling the generation of both would be cool.

when i use it, it says:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary(AppId_t unOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize()
at Terraria.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable`1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

EDIT: forget it, it works now. i put it in the terraria folder under steam. nice job!

double edit: i found a bug:
2015-10-24_00001.jpg

Last edited:
You're a hero and PinkPlum would be very happy to see this. Who knows, maybe the two of you could team up eventually?

Will this also work with the GoG version?
I'll try to comment out the steam stuff that's still in the source so that a version soon will be.

I'm looking into all the suggestions as well, keep em coming.

I'm working on some stuff right now, like Enchanted Sword Shrines (this is an extreme example.)
qnoebhm.png

Also, I just wanted to mention that having 100 times as many traps sounds a lot more fun that it turns out to actually be.
usuXzAu.png

From what I remember, the original TerraCustom was compatible with GoG, so hopefully it won't be too hard to keep things running if you're working from the original TC source code. Also, a nice feature to have would be an ability to have more jungle shrines, if only to find those blasted flower boots. It would also be nice to get more chests at cavern level, as the lava charm is probably the single greatest sticking point upgrade wise in the game.

Finally, that pic with all the traps is hilarious; all we need now is for all the traps to be dynamite, and for tripping the whole mess to simultaneously play the theme for Fallout 3 (I Don't Want to be the One To Set the World on Fire).

Nice. Maybe an option to choose how many granite and marble biomes will be created? Also an option for the amount of sword shrines would be nice.

Something I noticed: some of the options don't 'save' properly and reset to RANDOM if you reenter the menu, such as tree style.

Something I noticed: some of the options don't 'save' properly and reset to RANDOM if you reenter the menu, such as tree style.
Fixed.

From what I remember, the original TerraCustom was compatible with GoG, so hopefully it won't be too hard to keep things running if you're working from the original TC source code. Also, a nice feature to have would be an ability to have more jungle shrines, if only to find those blasted flower boots. It would also be nice to get more chests at cavern level, as the lava charm is probably the single greatest sticking point upgrade wise in the game.

Finally, that pic with all the traps is hilarious; all we need now is for all the traps to be dynamite, and for tripping the whole mess to simultaneously play the theme for Fallout 3 (I Don't Want to be the One To Set the World on Fire).
Got dynamite in there now. Also, I'm pretty sure it will work with GoG version now, please let me know if the new version works for you.

ZtNBYpM.png

New release: v.11 v0.1.2: Enchanted Sword Shrines, Traps, Dynamite Traps, unshackled from Steam.

Last edited:
Once the "Generate crimson and corruption at the same time" feature comes back along with and 1.3 additions I will instantly download this. :joy:

ok, I should have realized important things like no jungle and no snow didn't work in the previous release. Here's v0.1.2

Once the "Generate crimson and corruption at the same time" feature comes back along with and 1.3 additions I will instantly download this. :joy:
I'll get on that, heh.

ty for making terracustom for 1.3 i know its unnofiicial maybe we could be able to turn off underworld
I'm surprised a no underworld setting actually worked, Wall of flesh will be hard though.
3pxj3HO.png

Also, LOOK AT ALL THOSE ISLANDS (small world)
GfhMzz0.png

Back
Top Bottom