Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

ok, I should have realized important things like no jungle and no snow didn't work in the previous release. Here's v0.1.2

I'll get on that, heh.

I'm surprised a no underworld setting actually worked, Wall of flesh will be hard though.
3pxj3HO.png

Also, LOOK AT ALL THOSE ISLANDS (small world)
GfhMzz0.png
no underworld setting worked wow my ideas actually work I am actually a noob at modding the game and this is epic

Umm, Pyramid option isn't working. =/ EDIT: I mean, It works sometimes and certainly incrieases the chance to spawn, but it's not garanteed.
But most options seems to work fine at least. It's pretty nice to choose what ores and biomes you want.

Last edited:
Y'know what would be AWESOME? Being able to choose where the Corruption/Crimson go, like left/right side, etc.. but I don't think it would be possible. :(

It'd make finding a good world hell of a lot easier, though..

Umm, Pyramid option isn't working. =/ EDIT: I mean, It works sometimes and certainly incrieases the chance to spawn, but it's not garanteed.
But most options seems to work fine at least. It's pretty nice to choose what ores and biomes you want.
I'll look into that, pyramid generation is a little finicky, but I should be able to make it even more guaranteed.

Y'know what would be AWESOME? Being able to choose where the Corruption/Crimson go, like left/right side, etc.. but I don't think it would be possible. :(

It'd make finding a good world hell of a lot easier, though..
Well, I'll have to look into that, since they can spawn on both sides in the same world, I'd have to figure out how to guarantee a spawn if I restrict it to one side.

Choosing which side the dungeon spawns (and by effect, the snow and jungle biomes.) would be easy though.

What counts as a good world for you? (in regard to corruption/crimson placement/number)

I'll look into that, pyramid generation is a little finicky, but I should be able to make it even more guaranteed.

Well, I'll have to look into that, since they can spawn on both sides in the same world, I'd have to figure out how to guarantee a spawn if I restrict it to one side.

Choosing which side the dungeon spawns (and by effect, the snow and jungle biomes.) would be easy though.

What counts as a good world for you? (in regard to corruption/crimson placement/number)

Basically Corruption/Crimson strictly on one side of the world, AWAY from the Jungle.

Basically Corruption/Crimson strictly on one side of the world, AWAY from the Jungle.
agreed. especially with how much stuff, pre and post hardmode, is in it, it's kinda surprising it isn't protected or given a means to survive the corruption or crimson outside of using hallow to ward it off.

agreed. especially with how much stuff, pre and post hardmode, is in it, it's kinda surprising it isn't protected or given a means to survive the corruption or crimson outside of using hallow to ward it off.

Well, 1.3 made it so Chlorphyte ore converts stone, etc into mud to help prevent Corruption from taking over, but it still doesn't really help much.

Thanks for your hard work!

Is there a way to turn off both crimson and corruption?
Also, is there a way to preview the various graphic options, such as tree 1 or 2 etc.?

Is there a way to turn off both crimson and corruption?
Once the "Generate crimson and corruption at the same time" feature comes back along with and 1.3 additions I will instantly download this. :joy:
Well alrighty then. Download v0.1.3
v0.1.3:
  • Crimson/Corruption: Choose between Random, Crimson, Corruption, Crimson with additional Corruption chasms, Corruption with additional Crimson chasms, and Neither. (There are two options for both so you can choose what type Terraria sees the world as.)
  • Dungeon side: Choose between Random, Left and Right. Note that Jungle and Sand are opposite of Dungeon and Snow is always on the same side as Dungeon.
  • Force Crimson/Corruption to Avoid Jungle Side: Choose between False(Vanilla) and True. This option allows you to force Corruption and Crimson to spawn away from the Jungle. Your jungle will be safe.
"Crimson with additional Corruption chasms" and "Corruption with additional Crimson chasms" worlds spawn with all 5 Biome chests!
NH1ADBq.png

Corruption with Crimson
b5at3ef.png

Notice here how corruption/crimson is spawned opposite of the Jungle.
YYjA0rL.png

Well alrighty then. Download v0.1.3
v0.1.3:
  • Crimson/Corruption: Choose between Random, Crimson, Corruption, Crimson with additional Corruption chasms, Corruption with additional Crimson chasms, and Neither. (There are two options for both so you can choose what type Terraria sees the world as.)
  • Dungeon side: Choose between Random, Left and Right. Note that Jungle and Sand are opposite of Dungeon and Snow is always on the same side as Dungeon.
  • Force Crimson/Corruption to Avoid Jungle Side: Choose between False(Vanilla) and True. This option allows you to force Corruption and Crimson to spawn away from the Jungle. Your jungle will be safe.
"Crimson with additional Corruption chasms" and "Corruption with additional Crimson chasms" worlds spawn with all 5 Biome chests!
NH1ADBq.png

Corruption with Crimson
b5at3ef.png

Notice here how corruption/crimson is spawned opposite of the Jungle.
YYjA0rL.png

Wow, dude. Props to you for pulling it off.

I decided to make 10 worlds using the new options to test them and they are very consistent. Even found I'm rather fond with, so I'm keeping it.

An option for two snow biomes or two jungles would be pretty cool, as well. Also, being able to tweak the amount of water and lava in a world could be pretty sweet!

An option for two snow biomes or two jungles would be pretty cool, as well. Also, being able to tweak the amount of water and lava in a world could be pretty sweet!

Two snow biomes or two jungles botch up Dungeon placement.

The dungeon will not spawn at the side of the Jungle. So two snow biomes would create two dungeons and two jungle biomes would spawn zero dungeons.

Also, is it possible to make the world gen output semi-flat terrain? Would be awesome for building!

since you plan on making chest more or less common, can you do the same with heart crystals?
I'll plan on it.

2 snow or jungle biomes would be pretty hard since everything is pretty packed. I guess if they were smaller, maybe it could happen.
Water and lava amounts should be easy enough.

Also, is it possible to make the world gen output semi-flat terrain? Would be awesome for building!
That's on my list of things to do.

2 snow or jungle biomes would be pretty hard since everything is pretty packed. I guess if they were smaller, maybe it could happen.

Point taken. After peeking into Terraria's source code, myself, I can understand where things might become mentally overwhelming.

Wow @jopojelly, "you da real MVP", thanks a lot! :)
(And contrary to my country in real life, my jungles will be forever preserved. =P)

PS: After the first time I tried this tool, a pyramid is always generated when the option is selected. It must have been a really rare bug so nevermind about that.

i like the no underworld option underworld really needs to be removed and an alternate hardmode option(by alt i mean new way to activate)
[DOUBLEPOST=1446850000,1446849905][/DOUBLEPOST]can you make a bosses downed option too maybe a weather option so you can start in rain

Back
Top Bottom