Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Thank you sooooooo much for making this! When I first stumbled upon the original TerraCustom, I knew it was exactly the tool I've been needing for a personal project and I was severely disappointed to discover it to be "abandoned". I've been checking the original thread for months now, hoping there would be an update and was starting to give up hope. But you came to the rescue, so THANK YOU!

After playing with your version a bit, a few things I'd really like to see if possible are the ability to have no Anthills, Desert Biome, or Ocean/Beach Biome.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Add options to control ores, altars, Lihzahrd temples, cabins, shadow chests, dungeon chests, and statues.
[DOUBLEPOST=1447940410,1447940390][/DOUBLEPOST]Also living trees

Can I request a few additions?

1. A setting to prevent Marble and Granite biomes from being generated in the underground jungle.
2. A setting to prevent Marble and Granite biomes from being generated in the underground snow.
3. A setting to prevent spider nests from being generated in the underground snow.
4. A possible challenge generator where theres no ore and most the world is silt?
5. The ability to use arrow keys to go down or up 1% on the % meters, it's hard to specifically say 400% Traps or 75% Life Crystals.
6. Possibly the ability to spawn a water bolt book close to the surface of the dungeon. >_>

@jopojelly you sir, just gave me a reason to take another shot at this game. Thank you very much for your work. I appreciate it and that's all I can do. I hope you'll continue working on expanding your tool :)

This is so great! Thank you for adding so many other options.

I saw that you are already considering adjusting size of biomes -- Ocean would be great to have in there too (I think the width and depth is variable in ordinary worldgen) because sometimes it ends up really small. The other thing I'd like to request is being able to set heights of various levels -- surface and cavern level is randomly generated and is quite variable when you generate multiple worlds. The height of the underworld is fixed normally, but it should be possible to adjust in the underworld section of worldgen... and maybe height of floating islands can be adjusted too?
Adjusting the height of various levels would be neat, but I had a lot of trouble with just surface since changing things too much breaks some things. I'll keep that in mind though.
Great work, I love ya mate!

What about statues spawning settings? ;)
Sure, I'm trying to figure that out, they seem to be tied to the underground cabins too.
Thank you sooooooo much for making this! When I first stumbled upon the original TerraCustom, I knew it was exactly the tool I've been needing for a personal project and I was severely disappointed to discover it to be "abandoned". I've been checking the original thread for months now, hoping there would be an update and was starting to give up hope. But you came to the rescue, so THANK YOU!

After playing with your version a bit, a few things I'd really like to see if possible are the ability to have no Anthills, Desert Biome, or Ocean/Beach Biome.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
Those should be easy enough.
and option for silt/slush can be nice to have
What do you mean by this? Do you mean spawn amounts?
Add options to control ores, altars, Lihzahrd temples, cabins, shadow chests, dungeon chests, and statues.
[DOUBLEPOST=1447940410,1447940390][/DOUBLEPOST]Also living trees
You can already control the ores, but I'll add altars, statues, cabins, chests to the list. Multiple temples will be hard, but maybe.
What about "Biome worlds"? Like a ocean world or a corruption world?
Something like this might be too hard, but I'll keep it in mind for later.
Can I request a few additions?

1. A setting to prevent Marble and Granite biomes from being generated in the underground jungle.
2. A setting to prevent Marble and Granite biomes from being generated in the underground snow.
3. A setting to prevent spider nests from being generated in the underground snow.
4. A possible challenge generator where theres no ore and most the world is silt?
5. The ability to use arrow keys to go down or up 1% on the % meters, it's hard to specifically say 400% Traps or 75% Life Crystals.
6. Possibly the ability to spawn a water bolt book close to the surface of the dungeon. >_>
1-3: These might be a bit too specific. They will be a bit hard to code up and they will add too many options to sift through.
4. You can set no ore in the Ore amounts. I guess silt amounts is an option I could add.
5. This would be nice, I'll see what's possible.
6. Hah, I'd want this too.....maybe.
Just a bug:
The Gem Caves have no gems in them.
Can you show me a picture? Mine had gems. If I see a picture that would clue me in on why.

Also, I compiled a TerraCustom for Mac (download TerraCustom v0.1.4.5), but I need someone with some understanding of "command-line", "script", "working directory", and access to a Mac computer to help me out. I need the TerraCustom script to set the command-line arguments appropriately so that the working directory is in Terraria.app, not TerraCustom.app. This way TerraCustom can coexist next to Terraria. Let me know if you can help me figure it out.

Today's developments:

Temple size (Large 400% )
tqHvy8x.png

Temple size (small 20% )
vcSzXeG.png

No anthill:
Ptm2vAi.png

Pre-Drop Meteors:
6ChtrjW.png

No Beaches option:
MXgSmiB.png

Underground Cabin amounts:
wao08Zt.png

Temple Trap amount:
p8E1zMl.png

Trap Improvements:
d3mNiAE.png

Last edited:
An option to change the structure of the Underground Desert Biome and the Underground Snow Biome into different shapes and sizes would be nice.

Whenever I try to launch the tool, this happens:
Thing.PNG

It only happens when I launch this tool, never to any other form of Terraria. The TileCracks.xnb is there, but the error says it's not, but the game itself functions normally.
Halp.

Whenever I try to launch the tool, this happens:View attachment 86068
It only happens when I launch this tool, never to any other form of Terraria. The TileCracks.xnb is there, but the error says it's not, but the game itself functions normally.
Halp.

Where are you putting the Tool? Which folder?

Have you tried simply re-installing Terraria? Often times it works.

Holy hell! There sure has been a lot of progress in these last couple of weeks. Great to see you were working on the trap wiring. I wanna make an insane deathtrap world. You are officially my favorite person on this forum, jopojelly!

would it be possible for mod support? like when mods add custom ores and world gen? so like make it that the vanilla stuff is configurable but it then also loads in the extra mod stuff but not make it configurable?

Halp.
I see this when people don't put the exe in the same folder as terraria.exe.

could be awesome make a option to set the width & height of the map
I'm going to try changing the size and see if it'll work or not.

would it be possible for mod support? like when mods add custom ores and world gen? so like make it that the vanilla stuff is configurable but it then also loads in the extra mod stuff but not make it configurable?
Not sure, when that time comes, maybe I'll have my code load the mods and do their worldgen. I'm not sure, how ill approach that.

Holy hell! There sure has been a lot of progress in these last couple of weeks. Great to see you were working on the trap wiring. I wanna make an insane deathtrap world. You are officially my favorite person on this forum, jopojelly!
Death traps are fun, I really enjoyed running around with all the traps. Glad you like it.

An option to change the structure of the Underground Desert Biome and the Underground Snow Biome into different shapes and sizes would be nice.
Shapes is probably not happening, but size will.

I Love You. (In a non-weird, non-creepy, platonic way) :dryadpassionate:
Cool, heh.

Looking forward to the next release! Holding off on making a world until then. :)
We'll, I can release at any time, I just want enough new features to justify it.

Back
Top Bottom