Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Created this account just because of this thread. I've been about 3 years late to every post I've seen on Terraria, but 1.3 made people start talking about it again. Nabbed this tool a couple months back just because I wanted a world generator, but came back from an issue. I caught up on everything that's been posted, got the new version and WOW. You've made something awesome here and I can't thank you enough. Everything is amazing, and I've only had one issue, which took about 15 tries, but I eventually got it working. I made a large world, and maxed out certain things, but not others, and ALWAYS got stuck at "generating structures". Started out with temple, dungeon, minetrack, and cabins maxed. When that failed, I reduced the ones with failure warnings below that mark. When THAT failed, I dropped cabins from max to around half. Chest spawn was around 850, but still failing. I even started leaving the cabin slider at default, but 50 times the traps didn't make it fail, max dungeon and highest temple without a fail message didn't break anything. Reading through, I ended up leaving minecart track at default, dropped the temple size to half, and it FINALLY worked. I know that you can't really tweak warnings to work dynamically like that. Say, if you have dungeon maxed, then your temple warning would pop up at 200% instead of 300%, or minecart track would get one if X, Y and Z values totaled more than T... That's just me being lazy and greedy, not wanting to spend 30 minutes adjusting things whenever I want to make a new world. The warnings existing at all is probably the only way I was able to find out that I was being stupid, not just blaming the whole "unofficial, mod, community-made" aspect. I guess the only thing I could recommend would be a general warning that wasn't even triggered. "Do not set X higher than Y if Z is more than Q, or it might fail." Thank you, again, for making your TerraCustom even better than the original one!

Last edited:
Created this account just because of this thread. I've been about 3 years late to every post I've seen on Terraria, but 1.3 made people start talking about it again. Nabbed this tool a couple months back just because I wanted a world generator, but came back from an issue. I caught up on everything that's been posted, got the new version and WOW. You've made something awesome here and I can't thank you enough. Everything is amazing, and I've only had one issue, which took about 15 tries, but I eventually got it working. I made a large world, and maxed out certain things, but not others, and ALWAYS got stuck at "generating structures". Started out with temple, dungeon, minetrack, and cabins maxed. When that failed, I reduced the ones with failure warnings below that mark. When THAT failed, I dropped cabins from max to around half. Chest spawn was around 850, but still failing. I even started leaving the cabin slider at default, but 50 times the traps didn't make it fail, max dungeon and highest temple without a fail message didn't break anything. Reading through, I ended up leaving minecart track at default, dropped the temple size to half, and it FINALLY worked. I know that you can't really tweak warnings to work dynamically like that. Say, if you have dungeon maxed, then your temple warning would pop up at 200% instead of 300%, or minecart track would get one if X, Y and Z values totaled more than T... That's just me being lazy and greedy, not wanting to spend 30 minutes adjusting things whenever I want to make a new world. The warnings existing at all is probably the only way I was able to find out that I was being stupid, not just blaming the whole "unofficial, mod, community-made" aspect. I guess the only thing I could recommend would be a general warning that wasn't even triggered. "Do not set X higher than Y if Z is more than Q, or it might fail." Thank you, again, for making your TerraCustom even better than the original one!
Glad you liked it, sorry it took a while to make your world. All in all, I figure more features is better than attempting crazy fixes or crippling the features already there. Hopefully someone will play these worlds for hours, so spending 30 minutes or so isn't so bad in the worst case scenario. (Minecart tracks, dungeon, and temple are things I'd really like to allow to be huge, so that's why I have warnings instead of limiting the size a lot sooner.)

It's just a problem of settings compounding on each other. My aim is to work on breaking out of some of the infinite loops, that should help.

The worlds are going to be getting PLENTY of use, it was just the last one that won't. Had to create a crimson one just to run in and grab the vampire knives, you know how it is. Just too bad that I started that character and world with my friend maybe 36 hours before the option for multiple biomes and biome chests.

Alright...I did it.

Done with these.
Ok, new update v0.1.7
aka
"The update where I finally figured out all about chest spawning":

Option to spawn both sets of Hardmode ores when using Presmash altars option:
bPIWfp1.png

Vastly more accurate chest estimate
AND
Mahogany Trees, Water Chests, Surface Chests, Temple Chests, and Shadow Chest controls
THEREFORE
All Natural Chest types are accounted for and adjustable (in at least one way):
6XfpFOB.png

Water Chest Spawn:
u8hJZGP.png

Surface Chest Spawn:
aVty8gx.png

Temple Chest Spawn:
pSFu219.png

Shadow Chest Spawn:
pmPG33I.png
Yet another update, and so soon. :)

I've also just made an account for this tool. First lemme say; you're doing wonderful work. I mainly just use this to ensure a corruption world with copper / iron / silver /gold, and predetermined hardmode ores as palladium / orichalcum / titanium, without any living trees. The addition of a flattening facet has helped a lot, as well.

Only thing I can really say I want to see added- and this is such a tiny thing- the ability to move the sliders by 1 percent value at a time, perhaps by holding shift and dragging or with the arrow keys like an earlier poster suggested.

I've made some changes to the sliders. next update.

anyone want to see a world twice as wide as a large world?

0PlM36k.png

*heavy breathing*

This may be the first time I make a large world in Terraria. Will this be a slider value or a toggle option?

Also, how large is that world?

Last edited:
I've made some changes to the sliders. next update.

0PlM36k.png
Both of these things are things I have been hoping for, but I thought that you said you wouldn't make the world size larger?

It would. It would also take longer to create and load.
The main problem with making the world size larger is the chest count. I think that we should convince the Terraria developers to get rid of the chest count for 1.3.1. The question is how to do so.

The main problem with making the world size larger is the chest count. I think that we should convince the Terraria developers to get rid of the chest count for 1.3.1. The question is how to do so.

Yeah, the natural chest count really hinders world creation; thankfully @jopojelly added a chest counter in the tool.

Hey jopojelly me and my friend have been having problems with the latest version, it stops responding mid worldgen, even when no options have been modified. I am using full stock terraria and even verified integrity with steam. Any ideas why it may fail?

Edit: Using a large world

I had another possible idea. Not sure if it has been suggested yet, though. Don't really wanna look.

How about a slider to control the gem vein spawn to make them more common (the mineable veins), if it is possible? Similar how you can make gem caves larger/more common.

YESYESYES!
Also, hi. I know you from the Mario Kart Wii forums (I'm Segatendo). :p

Btw, I noticed in TEdit a feature is "World ID", which if I'm not mistaken is like a seed...? If so, can you add this in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom