Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Is there a specific way we can utilize the world size slider past Large parameters? I realize you'd need a mod, but does it even exist?
@jopojelly said he's working on it. Dunno if he's finished it, though,
Making large worlds is proving more difficult than I imagined. Mostly because xna is 32 bit and it is limited in available memory. (I can go pretty big, but near the max width and height I had planned it's pretty much guaranteed memory problems.) This is also proving problematic for tmodloader, so finding a good solution will take some thinking and planing.

Why do I get this every time I open your program?
upload_2016-4-14_16-24-18.png

[doublepost=1460673116,1460672796][/doublepost]
upload_2016-4-14_16-24-18.png
Can this be fixed?
FYI I get the same error with every version I've tried so far.
v0.7.1
v0.2.0
:(

I don't mess with mods at the moment but from what I've read this one seems lile it would be a lot of fun to play around with. I love massive hills but I have only ever got one large hill to form in a resource world. I didn't feel like starting over and moving worlds lol :)

View attachment 104551
[doublepost=1460673116,1460672796][/doublepost]
Can this be fixed?
FYI I get the same error with every version I've tried so far.
v0.7.1
v0.2.0
:(

@SpyderRabbit, put TerraCustom into Terraria folder.

Like @MakBash says, put it in you Terraria folder. @SpyderRabbit , the program cannot find the Terraria resources and that is the reason it needs to be put in the folder. Hope this helps.

Making large worlds is proving more difficult than I imagined. Mostly because xna is 32 bit and it is limited in available memory. (I can go pretty big, but near the max width and height I had planned it's pretty much guaranteed memory problems.) This is also proving problematic for tmodloader, so finding a good solution will take some thinking and planing.
what if it was a max area/number of tiles instead? tie them together so increasing the width decreases the hight

the new save feature is awesome :D makes making multiple worlds with the same features to get the perfect world so much less annoying and time consuming

New idea: Underworld buildings size/amount

BTW, on release picture all the hives are flooded with... water :/

Last edited:
Anyone want to test this?

TerraCustom v0.3 tmod.exe

It loads the enabled tmodloader mods.

Last edited:
HUGE Release
v0.3
for
Windows | Mac | Linux

(notice how I skipped a bunch of release number? that's how much work it took.)

tModLoader mod support

and
Multiplatform support (I hope)

Enabled tModLoader mods are automatically loaded and their respective WorldGen passes will execute.

Linux and Max should work, but it's still pretty annoying since you have to rename files. I'll work on that later.

Let me know if you run into any problems. I downloaded and enabled every single tmodloader mod, and it worked fine so far. Also, if you are on Mac or Linux and my instructions actually work, let me know.

Hello @jopojelly, I downloaded the latest MacOS file, extracted the TerraCustom Mac v0.3.zip file, renamed TerraCustom v0.3.exe to Terraria.exe and copied it and the other 3 files to the folder listed in the OP and viola, no problems to report yet. Thanks for the program!

Back
Top Bottom