Terrafine - Resized Terraria Texture Pack

How are my sprites?

• 5. AMAZING!!! Keep making them, I want ALL OF THEM DONE!!!1

Votes: 278 64.1%
  • 4. Nice! Good luck man! I give my support!

Votes: 132 30.4%
  • 3. They're Good, I've seen better though. Good Luck.

Votes: 14 3.2%
  • 2. I would never use this, the original sprites are so much better.

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • 1. Stop. JUST STOP! Stop wasting your time! THIS IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!1

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
Heya, I'm the guy behind Pixely Perfect. When I came here nobody was doing anything quite similar to what I had in mind, your pack is awesome. It's super cool to have another person with the same sort of goal. Awesome work, keep it up! :D

So, just for reference, would this work?

Item_1346_2.png
Item_1346_fine2.png

(upscaled from 20x20 to 48x48 for reasons)

Heya, I'm the guy behind Pixely Perfect. When I came here nobody was doing anything quite similar to what I had in mind, your pack is awesome. It's super cool to have another person with the same sort of goal. Awesome work, keep it up! :D
Thank you! Good luck on your pack, It looks great as well! I'm kinda glad that no one had created a pack exactly like mine. As a matter of fact, you, vattic (the author of faithful 32x32 pack in Minecraft) and the fact that Terraria has resized pixels inspired me to make this.

View attachment 120459 View attachment 120461

That looks great! I do, however, image the center orb to be round, not diamond shaped, I'll fix that, but otherwise I'll use it! I'll credit you when I add it in (which won't be a a while frankly :( )

Last edited:
Thank you! Good luck on your pack, It looks great as well! I'm kinda glad that no one had created a pack exactly like mine. As a matter of fact, you, vattic (the author of faithful 32x32 pack in Minecraft) and the fact that Terraria has resized pixels inspired me to make this.

Wow, I'm at a loss for words;( I never thought that I would inspire people, I can't believe it. Thank you man, I really hope this goes good!

That looks great! I do, however, image the center orb to be round, not diamond shaped, I'll fix that, but otherwise I'll use it! I'll credit you when I add it in (which won't be a a while frankly :( )

You mean kinda like this?
Selection_034.png

It seemed too large and sqaure-shaped for me but if you prefer something like this I can edit it.

Also, let me know if I can help with more sprites, this is actually fun :p

Oh, and have you thought about posting something like a public spreadsheet on Google Docs or similar to take notes on the progress of the project? That'd help a lot to anyone who wants to contribute.

View attachment 120459 View attachment 120461

I played around with your sprite...I ended up getting this:
Item_1346.png

Wow, I'm at a loss for words;( I never thought that I would inspire people, I can't believe it. Thank you man, I really hope this goes good!
Thank you! Good luck on your pack!
[doublepost=1466632786,1466632749][/doublepost]
You mean kinda like this?
View attachment 120474

It seemed too large and sqaure-shaped for me but if you prefer something like this I can edit it.

Also, let me know if I can help with more sprites, this is actually fun :p

Oh, and have you thought about posting something like a public spreadsheet on Google Docs or similar to take notes on the progress of the project? That'd help a lot to anyone who wants to contribute.
That's too big.
You can do some of the smaller sprites if you want,
as for thr spreadsheet....that sounds like a good idea, but I don't know how to do that..

This link!

Although those tools didn't work for me because I'm on linux, so I had to download the sprites separately.

Thanks! I'm already on it.

I have to say that the most user friendly sprite program for Terraria styled sprites is Paint.net. I used it for this and every other sprite I've ever made.

I'll try it but i'm used to Photoshop and it is possible to make really cool sprites(even animated) with it.

Well, if you have photoshop, use it instead! Paint.net is the best free spriting program, but if you have photoshop, definitely use it instead.

I'd be happy to help with the smaller sprites. I'm mostly used to doing spriting that's about as low-res as my profile picture, so those sprites should be my kind of thing.
[doublepost=1466692717,1466692561][/doublepost]By the way, my personal favourite for spriting is piskel.
[doublepost=1466692844][/doublepost]The way Terraria sprites are already technically 2x larger than they look is really helpful here.
[doublepost=1466693152][/doublepost]I attempted the eye patch, since that's pretty much the smallest sprite in the game. Not going to say that no-one here can do better, but I think it's alright.
120828-c46ce3e1901b8d1793c057b8371dc209.jpg

Attachments

• Unknown.png
    Unknown.png
    189 bytes · Views: 409
I'd be happy to help with the smaller sprites. I'm mostly used to doing spriting that's about as low-res as my profile picture, so those sprites should be my kind of thing.
[doublepost=1466692717,1466692561][/doublepost]By the way, my personal favourite for spriting is piskel.
[doublepost=1466692844][/doublepost]The way Terraria sprites are already technically 2x larger than they look is really helpful here.
[doublepost=1466693152][/doublepost]I attempted the eye patch, since that's pretty much the smallest sprite in the game. Not going to say that no-one here can do better, but I think it's alright.
120828-c46ce3e1901b8d1793c057b8371dc209.jpg

Nice quadruple post merged. I love to hear it! Ammuntion is the best thing to sprite if you are going for the small stuff. I have already done musket balls and gel, but anything else, like the eye patch, which is rather hard to mess up once you know what you are doing, is greatly appreciated. I'll work on the large stuff like bosses. I have been working on the Flying Dutchman as of late so It is done when I start doing NPCs. Also, you are right about the eye patch, it pretty much is the smallest item in the game. I sometimes confuse it for an empty inventory slot. The fact that it has no sell value and it changes only 5 pixels when you put it one makes it one of the most useless items. (I kinda hate the item as well.) I am going stick to paint.net bacause
A. I have enough stuff installed on my computer as it is
B. Alot of my files use a .pdn format that no one seems to be able to open when I share it. (pdn is abbreviated to paint dot net)
C. I am so used to Paint.net...I no how everything works, and I sometimes don't even look at the tool bars when I'm spriting.
I changed three pixels on the eye patch, but I'll give the credit to you. (There is something I do not like about my name in front of every sprite.) Also, if you are going to continue working on mini sprites, I'll put you on the private thread.

Nice quadruple post merged. I love to hear it! Ammuntion is the best thing to sprite if you are going for the small stuff. I have already done musket balls and gel, but anything else, like the eye patch, which is rather hard to mess up once you know what you are doing, is greatly appreciated. I'll work on the large stuff like bosses. I have been working on the Flying Dutchman as of late so It is done when I start doing NPCs. Also, you are right about the eye patch, it pretty much is the smallest item in the game. I sometimes confuse it for an empty inventory slot. The fact that it has no sell value and it changes only 5 pixels when you put it one makes it one of the most useless items. (I kinda hate the item as well.) I am going stick to paint.net bacause
A. I have enough stuff installed on my computer as it is
B. Alot of my files use a .pdn format that no one seems to be able to open when I share it. (pdn is abbreviated to paint dot net)
C. I am so used to Paint.net...I no how everything works, and I sometimes don't even look at the tool bars when I'm spriting.
I changed three pixels on the eye patch, but I'll give the credit to you. (There is something I do not like about my name in front of every sprite.) Also, if you are going to continue working on mini sprites, I'll put you on the private thread.
For the ammunition - I hadn't even thought of that! That's something I'd like to try. The Flying Dutchman sound like a challenge considering how large it is. It's like taking out the Eye of Cthulhu on the first night. Good luck! Another reason for you to stick to paint.net would be that Piskel is mainly for small sprites, hence me using Piskel.
Kind of curious as to what the three changed pixels were, but I probably wouldn't notice the difference for several minutes.

Back
Top Bottom