Terrafine - Resized Terraria Texture Pack

How are my sprites?

• 5. AMAZING!!! Keep making them, I want ALL OF THEM DONE!!!1

Votes: 278 64.1%
  • 4. Nice! Good luck man! I give my support!

Votes: 132 30.4%
  • 3. They're Good, I've seen better though. Good Luck.

Votes: 14 3.2%
  • 2. I would never use this, the original sprites are so much better.

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • 1. Stop. JUST STOP! Stop wasting your time! THIS IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!1

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
Dude, this is awesome! Keep up the good work, really looking forward to seeing all the bosses and blocks complete.

Dude, this is awesome! Keep up the good work, really looking forward to seeing all the bosses and blocks complete.
Why, thank you! Blocks and bosses will take a long time, but eventually they will be finished...

As far as 0.0.3 and the future updates are coming, it will be out tomorrow, simply because I don't feel motivated to make them because of the fact that I already did and lost them. The bugs from the previous updates have been fixed, so all that's left are flails. 0.0.4 will have spears, 0.0.5 will have projectiles ( thrown Spears and boomerangs, fired projectiles) and then I can start with ranged weapons...

Just a little thing to help speed things along...

If you aren't already, use a drawing tablet. They make all digital artwork easier to make. Just telling you in case you weren't.

I wish we could do this on mobile. And I've tried to cheat sprites in 1.2.1.2 to 1.2.4 but it wouldn't take.. i tried to get the game to load a different sprite for an item but it ignored them. Tried to make the solar eclipse scythe into the unobtainable scythe sprite. :p I'm a soul eater fan, i wanna wield soul scythe!

I wish we could do this on mobile. And I've tried to cheat sprites in 1.2.1.2 to 1.2.4 but it wouldn't take.. i tried to get the game to load a different sprite for an item but it ignored them. Tried to make the solar eclipse scythe into the unobtainable scythe sprite. :p I'm a soul eater fan, i wanna wield soul scythe!
I have 0 experience with the mobile versions. If @Zanderstorm from pixely perfect figures out how to make this compatible on mobile, I would LOVE to be able to make this find out how he did it. (He posted on his thread that he would try)
Why not? Sprites are drawings too, how else would they be made? Magic?
Well, duh, I sprite every day, but that is not what I was asking, what I was asking is this: a tablet could make spriting easier?

Is there an app that any one cause use on a tablet that's free that would work? If so i would totally help (thilo if only i could put them on my game, as i stopped playing pc at 1.3

Is there an app that any one cause use on a tablet that's free that would work? If so i would totally help (thilo if only i could put them on my game, as i stopped playing pc at 1.3
There might be, I know there are sever apps to make resource packs for Minecraft, but I'm not sure about Terraria. If there isn't...wow...someone could get very successful with that. Any support would be amazing. If you really do want to help, and you find an app, then I will put you on the Spriting thread.

I have 0 experience with the mobile versions. If @Zanderstorm from pixely perfect figures out how to make this compatible on mobile, I would LOVE to be able to make this find out how he did it. (He posted on his thread that he would try)
I looked and i didn't see anything about that, tho the spoilers wouldn't open for some reason
[doublepost=1467159872,1467159578][/doublepost]Will i guess I'll have to give that some browsing then lol. I do have some ideas for spites. Like the death scythe from the solar eclipse reapers, make it into a better scythe (the bend in the handle some slight recoloring to look like a wood handle, just make it cool. Also as you mentioned making tiles, have you tested any to see if paints color them properly? I never figured out the color/paint logic (tho negative paint on a place gold ingot looks really cool!)

There might be, I know there are sever apps to make resource packs for Minecraft, but I'm not sure about Terraria. If there isn't...wow...someone could get very successful with that. Any support would be amazing. If you really do want to help, and you find an app, then I will put you on the Spriting thread.
I downloaded a version of gimp, i messed around on a screenshot i think as long as i don't go to big i might be able to do some, if you would be so kind as to give me a base image for a sprite it would help me better test it out. (Also you are going for a double size correct? I think it's 16bit original so are you going to 32bit or bigger?)
Edit i got your sprite list to load and downloaded one and the original. I'm gonna mess around using them, maybe make it more like it's obvious reference item.

Last edited:
I downloaded a version of gimp, i messed around on a screenshot i think as long as i don't go to big i might be able to do some, if you would be so kind as to give me a base image for a sprite it would help me better test it out. (Also you are going for a double size correct? I think it's 16bit original so are you going to 32bit or bigger?)
Ok, I'll put you on the spriting thread, and I'll give you base images so you can mess with that, just tell me. Also, all items all doubled the size, but items in Terrafine are not. This is what makes an 16x pack possible and not a 32x pack. the Copper shortword is 16x16, but the image file is 32x32. The Terrafine version is 32x32, and the image file remains the same. I hope that made sense.

No that I come to think about it, I may have really helped revive Texture packs again! I least I hope I did!

I only half got you lol. I know that in reality most sprites are pixels that are actually 2x2 pixels making say a placed tile have only and 8bit texture while being in itselfreally 16 bit. I think this is what you meant. So basically you do the same however in a total 32 bit you make it visually use 16bit.

I only half got you lol. I know that in reality most sprites are pixels that are actually 2x2 pixels making say a placed tile have only and 8bit texture while being in itselfreally 16 bit. I think this is what you meant. So basically you do the same however in a total 32 bit you make it visually use 16bit.
No, the size doesn't change, just the visual. They remain 16bit, I just increase the visual from 8 bit to 16 bit. Look at this: this is a 16x16 image, but it's visually 8 bit:
upload_2016-6-28_21-9-32.png

now if I were to "Terrifine" it, it would still be a 16x16 image, but the visual would increase to match the image:
upload_2016-6-28_21-10-30.png
Does this answer your question?

Ok so we are just undouble pixeling it. Not actually resizing the whole image. I'll figure this out in a min when i look into the test sprite i took.

Ok so we are just undouble pixeling it. Not actually resizing the whole image. I'll figure this out in a min when i look into the test sprite i took.
That's it..(and If I thought of that combination of words I would not have had to ramble on like I did.)
[doublepost=1467163825,1467163613][/doublepost]I can't thank you guys enough for all the support on this project! This really means so much! I love to see that you guys are enjoying my work!

Well, duh, I sprite every day, but that is not what I was asking, what I was asking is this: a tablet could make spriting easier?

That depends. If are better at drawing with a pencil or pen on paper then you are making art with a mouse, use a tablet. If you are more dexterous with a mouse then you are with a pen, don't use one.

Back
Top Bottom