Terrafine - Resized Terraria Texture Pack

How are my sprites?

• 5. AMAZING!!! Keep making them, I want ALL OF THEM DONE!!!1

Votes: 278 64.1%
  • 4. Nice! Good luck man! I give my support!

Votes: 132 30.4%
  • 3. They're Good, I've seen better though. Good Luck.

Votes: 14 3.2%
  • 2. I would never use this, the original sprites are so much better.

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • 1. Stop. JUST STOP! Stop wasting your time! THIS IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!1

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
That depends. If are better at drawing with a pencil or pen on paper then you are making art with a mouse, use a tablet. If you are more dexterous with a mouse then you are with a pen, don't use one.
Well, I'm faster on a mouse, although I could go pretty fast on a tablet. (my hands are fast in general, I type fast as well.)

Question: do submitted sprites need to be pretty much the same but "Terrafined", or can we put a little twist on them? Kind of deviate from the original?

Personally I'd have a app with touch screen control to simulate mouse control, a zone on one size to move a cursor and a buttoj side to click. This way more devoces could better function with editor apps

Question: do submitted sprites need to be pretty much the same but "Terrafined", or can we put a little twist on them? Kind of deviate from the original?
"Terrafine" sprite have to look like a resized version of the original.
[doublepost=1467169265,1467169208][/doublepost]
Personally I'd have a app with touch screen control to simulate mouse control, a zone on one size to move a cursor and a buttoj side to click. This way more devoces could better function with editor apps
I, unfortunately, do not know how to make an app....

I have 0 experience with the mobile versions. If @Zanderstorm from pixely perfect figures out how to make this compatible on mobile, I would LOVE to be able to make this find out how he did it. (He posted on his thread that he would try)

Well, duh, I sprite every day, but that is not what I was asking, what I was asking is this: a tablet could make spriting easier?
I have 0 experience with the mobile versions. If @Zanderstorm from pixely perfect figures out how to make this compatible on mobile, I would LOVE to be able to make this find out how he did it.
Ooh goodie, I can share knowledge. But I'm not home, I can reply in 30 mins or less.

Okay time to drop some knowledge on you, here's a quote from pcsupport.about.com

The real source of XNB files is Microsoft XNA Game Studio, a tool that works with Microsoft Visual Studio to help create video games for Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, Xbox 360, and the (now defunct) Zune.

So the XNB file is used for Phones, unfortunately to find the files you'll need to root your phone, once rooted, you can enter the Terraria files, and then drag and drop them in the XNB folder. I'm pretty sure this is how it works, but I'm just a guy, I might be wrong.
[doublepost=1467172599,1467172557][/doublepost]
What's wrong with those bosses?

They're so big, and so hard to re-sprite :sigh:

Okay time to drop some knowledge on you, here's a quote from pcsupport.about.com

So the XNB file is used for Phones, unfortunately to find the files you'll need to root your phone, once rooted, you can enter the Terraria files, and then drag and drop them in the XNB folder. I'm pretty sure this is how it works, but I'm just a guy, I might be wrong.
Alright, That makes sense. Mobile is going to be the last thing I do. PC comes first. I am not going to be fretting about that when I have to sprite. I am only about 1% done with everything. That is kinda heartwarming, but I still have 99% to go.

Hmm... Maybe a could make a couple of sprites for you. I saw a work-in-progress texture pack like this before, but the sprites we're kind of dull and not too appealing to me. You're sprites are actually pretty good though. Some of them seem a bit too smooth in places, but overall they're not bad, and I'd love to help out a bit.

(also, maybe you should upload the finished sprites that haven't been added to the texture pack yet. That way no one ends up working on sprites that are done already, and you have an extra back up in-case something goes wrong again.)

Damm. Tho when i manage to get my devices back from the people i live with that took them from me i plan to factory reset this device, I'm gonna totally wipe it and start over, at that poi t I'll probably root it to see what happens. (Hopefully no bricking!)
[doublepost=1467173587,1467173495][/doublepost]
Hmm... Maybe a could make a couple of sprites for you. I saw a work-in-progress texture pack like this before, but the sprites we're kind of dull and not too appealing to me. You're sprites are actually pretty good though. Some of them seem a bit too smooth in places, but overall they're not bad, and I'd love to help out a bit.

(also, maybe you should upload the finished sprites that haven't been added to the texture pack yet. That way no one ends up working on sprites that are done already, and you have an extra back up in-case something goes wrong again.)
We have a conversation for the people actually working on them where the current progress is kept. :p

Not yet. Look back at the main post and he sa
Why not? Sprites are drawings too, how else would they be made? Magic?
do you know any decent mobile apps that one could use? I've tried out 2 so far, one only painted in circles and the couldn't be controlled if i zoomed in. The later being a better app if it was actually controlable.. (xgimp)

Not yet. Look back at the main post and he sa

do you know any decent mobile apps that one could use? I've tried out 2 so far, one only painted in circles and the couldn't be controlled if i zoomed in. The later being a better app if it was actually controlable.. (xgimp)
I'm going to search for a good app for you. What device do you have?

index.php

Back
Top Bottom