Tool Terrafirma - Interactive Mapping

mrkite77

Terrarian
Moving this over here since the old forums are shutting down...

Terrafirma is the original mapping program for Terraria. The first version was released May 23rd, 2011. (Terraria was released May 16th, 2011).

View your world, search for blocks, search for chests containing a specific item. View your kill counts so you can plan your banner collection.
Now supports using Terraria's localization files so tiles and chest contents can be viewed in the language you prefer (change the language in
the settings menu).
Also, added a rudimentary Bestiary display which shows your kills, npcs you've seen, and npcs you've talked to.

Works in Windows, OSX, and Linux.

terrafirma.png

Download it here:
Terrafirma - Mapping for Terraria

Version 3.1.1 changes:
  • Updated for 1.4.0.5
  • Cleaned up Bestiary window
  • Bug fixes

Version 3.1 changes:
  • Updated for 1.4.0.4
  • Added Bestiary display
  • Added support for localization
  • Bug fixes

Version 3.0.10 changes:
  • Updated for 1.3.2
  • Added filters for the chest and block dialogs (thanks!)
  • Fixed a bug where chests were cached when you changed maps.

Version 3.0.9 changes:
  • Updated for 1.3.1.1

Source code:
mrkite/TerraFirma

Last edited:
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I also have a couple of unix command-line utilities that some people might find helpful (with full source).

xnb2png - converts a directory full of xnb image files into pngs.

xnb2shader - disassembles an xnb pixel shader into a text file. Helpful for figuring out exactly how the dyes and paints work.
I'm trying to get it to work with Cygwin, but it doesn't... you know of any tutorials for Windows? A shame I have to ask, to say the least.
edit: well :red: me, it didn't install gcc by default... forget about my post lol

Last edited:
I have a question. It says in 3.0.5 you added remote world support, how do I access this functionality?

It was removed. The anti-spam protection caused it to stop working (it would connect to a server like a regular player and then teleport around to generate the map.. servers didn't like that)

thank you sir, I was afraid it was something like that. I hadn't realized the game got anti-spam protection like that. Although I wonder if the teleporting was done slower if it would still work.

Trying to install the linux version I'm getting an error "Dependency is not satisfiable libqt5core5a (>=5.4.0)"

Running Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa. Any help getting this working would be appreciated.

Very nice. I've never used this tool before. I just used it to check if two treasures I'm missing (lava charm and anklet of the wind) are in this world... It would feel like cheating to check exactly where they are, but I was pleased to see they do exist.

Trying to install the linux version I'm getting an error "Dependency is not satisfiable libqt5core5a (>=5.4.0)"

Running Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa. Any help getting this working would be appreciated.

You might be better off just compiling it from source, since the deb is setup using ubuntu's dependencies. You should be able to just run "qmake; make;" and have it work. Assuming you have Qt5.4 or newer.

Back
Top Bottom