Tool Terrafirma - Interactive Mapping

Try this:
Go to Help->Settings, uncheck AutoDetect Texture Folder, and browse to Terraria\Content\Images.

I had to do this, but I kind of assumed it was only because I'm playing the GOG version. Still, if you're having the same problem, I expect this will help.

Try this:
Go to Help->Settings, uncheck AutoDetect Texture Folder, and browse to Terraria\Content\Images.

I had to do this, but I kind of assumed it was only because I'm playing the GOG version. Still, if you're having the same problem, I expect this will help.
Thanks, I had the auto detect turned off but the directory was to the terraria directory... Silly me, thanks.
[doublepost=1472452888,1472452701][/doublepost]Man I'm just full of problems, I believe that the lunar event statue thing causes TerraFirma to crash in "show textures" mode.

Just about of curiosity, could this export a fully explored map as a map file for a player?

Okay.. new Windows binaries released to support 1.3.3

OSX and Linux binaries will have to wait until monday.

Edit: bumped to version 3.0.13. (and now to 3.0.14.. stupid patches)
Edit2: OSX and Linux binaries are available now.

Last edited:
I remember downloading this a while ago and it had lighting support (I could be wrong, though, it's been a long time). I very commonly build with tEdit, since launching the game and loading the world takes a long time. Having a nice mapviewer where I could enable lighting would speed up my work a lot.

I remember downloading this a while ago and it had lighting support (I could be wrong, though, it's been a long time). I very commonly build with tEdit, since launching the game and loading the world takes a long time. Having a nice mapviewer where I could enable lighting would speed up my work a lot.

Yeah, it did... but it's been removed because it was ridiculously slow in the new version. I'm hoping to replace the lighting code with a gpu shader whenever I get the time.

Thanks for either the tool and the constant update :)
Ah so I was not crazy, there was a lighting feature :D

Yeah, it did... but it's been removed because it was ridiculously slow in the new version. I'm hoping to replace the lighting code with a gpu shader whenever I get the time.

Huh! Well then I'll be very eagerly waiting. :) Do drop a message when/if you do it please

FYI, Terrafirma cannot read .wld files produced by the new version of Terraria (1.3.4.4). It reports an "unsupported map version (188)".

Thanks for all your work, Mister Kite. :-{)]

Heh I found myself leaving this tab constantly open in Chrome in hopes of seeing an update that includes lighting.

Terrafirma seems to be working with 1.3.4 so far, but I miss some resources that MoreTerra had.

MoreTerra has quite stopped its development quite some time ago, so I wonder if someone could incorporate MoreTerra's functions (Making PNG maps with markers for items/chests/statues/whatever) into Terrafirma.

EDIT: Actually, forget it. For some reason, my maps can't load on either Terrafirma or MoreTerra if I loaded them in 1.3.4.4. Of note is that I didn't ever use any mods in my game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom