tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

Getting back into Terraria.

Starting to wonder if Nemesis actually can be female. I keep getting male wraiths, or at least it seems like that since a lamia head piece is always showing the male hairstyle.
🤔Maybe it's because I keep using the same character and world names.

Also I love what you've done with things so far, and Mabel's first appearance animation is amusing, but still waiting to see other creature ideas like what I suggested before.

EDIT: Started off with Blue instead of Rococo in a new world. Interesting.
RNGesus defines what gender Nemesis can spawn as. And... Male hairstyle on Nemesis? It doesn't have hair.

Also, nice job making me check out a few pages to find out what you were talking about. Beside I didn't even begun making the Werewolf Goblin to the mod (or the female Terrarian companion), so I guess that makes it even? (Yep, I have to fix that some time in the future, I know)

And since a number of updates ago, Blue has the chance of spawning in place of Rococo. Rococo is still recruitable though, It wont be hard to get him either.

So leopold may act differently depending on player's approch, interesting. Reminds me of blue, now i wonder if there is a way so i can take her marshmallow.
Well, to the real thing, in control panel where you can choose between control one individual guardian or all of them, then comes the problem, if i choose to control one guardian first, then tell her to stand guard, then proceed to control all guardians, to make them stand guard too, the one i previously commanded would choose to follow me instead, which is the opposite of the command, so it means the previous commands are not resetting while i choose to control different guardians, they simply reverse themselves when giving different orders. Then the result is previously standing guard guardian would follow me, and the previously following guardians would stand guard, no matter what order it actually is. Did i express it clearly? I hope i did, simple question, lousy typing skill.

"leopold went back to his house"something like that, is this new mechanic? or new character feature? rococo and blue never left. Using sardine as backup right now, eighty or ninety hp, aw man.

So leopold may act differently depending on player's approch, interesting. Reminds me of blue, now i wonder if there is a way so i can take her marshmallow.
Well, to the real thing, in control panel where you can choose between control one individual guardian or all of them, then comes the problem, if i choose to control one guardian first, then tell her to stand guard, then proceed to control all guardians, to make them stand guard too, the one i previously commanded would choose to follow me instead, which is the opposite of the command, so it means the previous commands are not resetting while i choose to control different guardians, they simply reverse themselves when giving different orders. Then the result is previously standing guard guardian would follow me, and the previously following guardians would stand guard, no matter what order it actually is. Did i express it clearly? I hope i did, simple question, lousy typing skill.
That is a known issue. I'll have to think of a way of avoiding that confusion when giving orders to everyone.
"leopold went back to his house"something like that, is this new mechanic? or new character feature? rococo and blue never left. Using sardine as backup right now, eighty or ninety hp, aw man.
Actually, you can have only up to 10 TerraGuardian npcs spawned in the same world. The spare one will not be able to move in the world, unless you dismiss a guardian to allow it to move in.

Also, you can tell guardians to move away or tell them to move in to your world on the guardian selection interface (I probably need to give a better name to this, even more since saying "gsi" wont be very explicit).

Sorry for the confusion. Specifically, I was referring to this bit:

and

I figured that meant the appearance of vanity would change based on gender, but when used on Nemesis, the mask from the Lamia set always showed the male hairstyle.
Lamia_set.png
Lamia_set_female.png
I didn't even had the idea that there's that difference on Laimia hairstyle.
I'll investigate that equipment later, maybe there's another layer on It's sprites.

That is a known issue. I'll have to think of a way of avoiding that confusion when giving orders to everyone.

Actually, you can have only up to 10 TerraGuardian npcs spawned in the same world. The spare one will not be able to move in the world, unless you dismiss a guardian to allow it to move in.

Also, you can tell guardians to move away or tell them to move in to your world on the guardian selection interface (I probably need to give a better name to this, even more since saying "gsi" wont be very explicit).
Nooo000ooo000ooo000, no, i don't have ten guardians in my world, only like five, since this is a new playthrough, and i know there is a interface where you can dismiss or allow them to move in, no, what i was saying, is while leppold was in my party, fighting with me, then the fight ended, i moved to sell some loot , that "went to its house" line showed up in the chat, i didn't dismiss him, or told him to went home in the interface, i didn't do no no nothing, and leopold is already living in my world, in one of the house, while he departed, he went back to his room, not disappeared.
And he didn't die or anything, just disappeared when he's out of screen( i told them to stand guard, all of them). So now i'm confused, and i can't call him no more, that's why i'm asking here, if it was that old "went home" line, i wouldn't care.

And the command thing, that's not much of a deal right now, only need to make sure they are on the same command first, then command all of them. Not game breaking, i very seldom command them individually.

Last edited:
OK, so since bree's new entering is updated, maybe the old dialogues should be removed now, today i saw her and clicked on her right away for she didn't start talking(perhaps it's because she wasn't facing my direction) , but clicked "close" because she started to talk in wide open after i clicked her and i don't want to miss the lines or break the progress so i closed the chat menu, then pooff she's gone, " the white cat went back to her search " might be mistaken, but sure you'd understand. Sardine showed up just to see her wife disappeared in front of his eyes. Though after some time bree returned and everything's fine, it's just those chat lines are useless now she has a whole new show. I don't know the spawn condition of each guardians, but sardine would always be there anyway, overall slime king is rather weak. A long rope and some shurikens or bombs are all you need.

By the way, the guardians holding items like umbrella thing is really cute. Now i think if big guardians can hold small guardians like that, like blue grabs bree by the scraff of her neck. It's these two cos there is a line about bree said she poured a bucket of water on blue's head. Yeah, you know that, you wrote that. Shouldn't have explained.

Last edited:
Nooo000ooo000ooo000, no, i don't have ten guardians in my world, only like five, since this is a new playthrough, and i know there is a interface where you can dismiss or allow them to move in, no, what i was saying, is while leppold was in my party, fighting with me, then the fight ended, i moved to sell some loot , that "went to its house" line showed up in the chat, i didn't dismiss him, or told him to went home in the interface, i didn't do no no nothing, and leopold is already living in my world, in one of the house, while he departed, he went back to his room, not disappeared.
And he didn't die or anything, just disappeared when he's out of screen( i told them to stand guard, all of them). So now i'm confused, and i can't call him no more, that's why i'm asking here, if it was that old "went home" line, i wouldn't care.

And the command thing, that's not much of a deal right now, only need to make sure they are on the same command first, then command all of them. Not game breaking, i very seldom command them individually.
Oh yeah. Guardians you haven't met yet the requirement for calling, but has a request that requires them to be present to progress, you are free to call them. But once their request is completed, they go home right away.

OK, so since bree's new entering is updated, maybe the old dialogues should be removed now, today i saw her and clicked on her right away for she didn't start talking(perhaps it's because she wasn't facing my direction) , but clicked "close" because she started to talk in wide open after i clicked her and i don't want to miss the lines or break the progress so i closed the chat menu, then pooff she's gone, " the white cat went back to her search " might be mistaken, but sure you'd understand. Sardine showed up just to see her wife disappeared in front of his eyes. Though after some time bree returned and everything's fine, it's just those chat lines are useless now she has a whole new show. I don't know the spawn condition of each guardians, but sardine would always be there anyway, overall slime king is rather weak. A long rope and some shurikens or bombs are all you need.

By the way, the guardians holding items like umbrella thing is really cute. Now i think if big guardians can hold small guardians like that, like blue grabs bree by the scraff of her neck. It's these two cos there is a line about bree said she poured a bucket of water on blue's head. Yeah, you know that, you wrote that. Shouldn't have explained.
The bugs doesn't stop appearing, eh?

Actually, Bree is supposed to have two ways of recruitment: One by talking to her, and the other by having her argue with Sardine.
The one with her arguing with Sardine is good if you care about the lore of the mod.

Both aren't supposed to be possible to happen at the same time, so that's one bug.
The other bug is Bree disappearing in front of your eyes. I don't even need to say why.

I think that the one Blue would like to grab is Sardine, but not to help him on the travels, though.
At least I'm sure will be a very loud adventure if that happens.

Oh yeah. Guardians you haven't met yet the requirement for calling, but has a request that requires them to be present to progress, you are free to call them. But once their request is completed, they go home right away.
So that's a quest thing, yeah now i recall that.He did give a quest about wanting to explore more, great to know that's not a bug.
But more questions, sorry to bother, yet it's in our nature. i already know that those guardians have different hp limits, and possibly mana as well, are there other differences? There must be, or little guardians would be too weak compare to those big fellas. And i see guardians get a bonus on armor number, do they get bonuses on crit or speed from equipments?

So that's a quest thing, yeah now i recall that.He did give a quest about wanting to explore more, great to know that's not a bug.
But more questions, sorry to bother, yet it's in our nature. i already know that those guardians have different hp limits, and possibly mana as well, are there other differences? There must be, or little guardians would be too weak compare to those big fellas. And i see guardians get a bonus on armor number, do they get bonuses on crit or speed from equipments?
I don't mind answering.

Each TerraGuardian has their own different status attributes, to make them more interesting in combat. Bree and Sardine has a dodge bonus to help on their survival, since their survivability is lower, meanwhile Brutus has higher damage resistence.
I just wont tell more about each guardian status and attributes, to avoid the "Ah, the guardians are inclined to certain classes" thing, because that really goes against the purpose of the mod.

A lot of vanilla Terraria equipments gives status bonus to TerraGuardians. Speed and Critical Rate are some of those, they are given by respective equipments that gives bonus to those status.

A lot of vanilla Terraria equipments gives status bonus to TerraGuardians. Speed and Critical Rate are some of those, they are given by respective equipments that gives bonus to those status.
Nah once again some misunderstanding occurred here, i was saying when armors being equipped, the output of defense number seems higher than it says on the item tooltip, like a 5 def armor would give a 7 point output, that's what i was about to ask.

You don't really need to say that much about special attributes, "Yes" would be enough.

And since you don't mind answering, can you tell me some informations about your other mod "N Experience"? I was gonna try it out, cause that's the only mod supports guardians as well(well, it's your creation afterall), but on that mod's page, it seems to have crucial problems(like crashing), that's what's keeping me away right now, and i am not sure if that mod is supporting any other mods which creates their own environments, and enemies as well. So i thought might ask here and see if i can get some tips if i should try out.

Nah once again some misunderstanding occurred here, i was saying when armors being equipped, the output of defense number seems higher than it says on the item tooltip, like a 5 def armor would give a 7 point output, that's what i was about to ask.

You don't really need to say that much about special attributes, "Yes" would be enough.

And since you don't mind answering, can you tell me some informations about your other mod "N Experience"? I was gonna try it out, cause that's the only mod supports guardians as well(well, it's your creation afterall), but on that mod's page, it seems to have crucial problems(like crashing), that's what's keeping me away right now, and i am not sure if that mod is supporting any other mods which creates their own environments, and enemies as well. So i thought might ask here and see if i can get some tips if i should try out.
Remember the status in Guardian Skills tab? They also are affecting the guardian status. At least is undeniable the fact that your guardians grows stronger the longer they travel with you, hahaha.

As for N Experience, I've silenced a crash It were having with the interface on the last update, so the minimum that can happen is a little freeze sometimes when moving the mouse over enemies (and possibly chat texts talking about the crash).
The mod doesn't have compatibility to other mods that adds contents, but that wont stop you from leveling and have monsters leveled during the gameplay with them.

I still have to think of ways of adding support to other mods, so anyone who can create a tmodloader mod would be able to create their own compatibility mod, adding new biomes setups, monsters spawn levels and possibly increase the level cap.

Alrighty. Right now i shouldn't be using it i guess, there are quiet a few mods out there about leveling, most of them are too complicated, alas as me, i just want a simple mod with simple features, and somethimes "simple" is the most complex part, i was using the mod called" experience and classes", cause that mod doesn't mess around with vanilla things so is compatible with other mods(like this goodie), but that mod is somewhat outdated, and might not be updated anytime soon, kinda greedy when searching for mods, always want them to work perfectly together, my bad maybe.

Alrighty. Right now i shouldn't be using it i guess, there are quiet a few mods out there about leveling, most of them are too complicated, alas as me, i just want a simple mod with simple features, and somethimes "simple" is the most complex part, i was using the mod called" experience and classes", cause that mod doesn't mess around with vanilla things so is compatible with other mods(like this goodie), but that mod is somewhat outdated, and might not be updated anytime soon, kinda greedy when searching for mods, always want them to work perfectly together, my bad maybe.
Heh, I don't think so. It would be more troublesome to spend hours of the day trying to make the mods work, instead of playing with them. I know by my experience with Skyrim.

Yeeeep the Elder Scrolls, although Morrowind is more to my liking. That series of games were always about messing around with mods. And get your save files ruined.
OK, time for new questions, today i get two guardian skill reset potions, i know the name is pretty self-explanatory, yet the tooltip did get me confused, what does it mean?

And another thing, not bug, just funny game experience. Most gem-toughened enemies are not too painful to deal with(excpet bosses of course), but those worm type enemies are really really difficult to fight, especially for guardians, they can move through walls whilst we can't hit them through the walls, and with those benefits they really tucker up, kill my buddies with one or two times of attack then get away with it. Sometimes i get mauled easily as well. Lucky they don't appear too often. Curiosity for me, how many bonuses and chances are you giving them? Haha, you know fighting with one of these mobs on new game start with a copper sword is no picnic. 1 hp damage attack against a 200 or 300 hp enemy. Now i think of it, the odds are pretty wierd, sometimes they are plenty, sometimes there are none. Strange.

Yeeeep the Elder Scrolls, although Morrowind is more to my liking. That series of games were always about messing around with mods. And get your save files ruined.
OK, time for new questions, today i get two guardian skill reset potions, i know the name is pretty self-explanatory, yet the tooltip did get me confused, what does it mean?

And another thing, not bug, just funny game experience. Most gem-toughened enemies are not too painful to deal with(excpet bosses of course), but those worm type enemies are really really difficult to fight, especially for guardians, they can move through walls whilst we can't hit them through the walls, and with those benefits they really tucker up, kill my buddies with one or two times of attack then get away with it. Sometimes i get mauled easily as well. Lucky they don't appear too often. Curiosity for me, how many bonuses and chances are you giving them? Haha, you know fighting with one of these mobs on new game start with a copper sword is no picnic. 1 hp damage attack against a 200 or 300 hp enemy. Now i think of it, the odds are pretty wierd, sometimes they are plenty, sometimes there are none. Strange.
The reset potion will reset the status of the guardian that uses it. You have to place it on the inventory of the guardian you want to reset the status, and then give an order to that guardian to use the potion. Until the total level the guardian had before using the potion, the skill exp acquired is increased by twice.

You didn't faced yet a Gem Toughened Martian Saucer.
The "Gem Toughened Mobs" have higher chances of spawning based on the guardians health increase items used, the more max health they have, the higher the chance they will appear. That is not really valid for bosses, because their gem level is set to a value based on the total extra health of your guardians.

I see, i did give two of my guardians full red health upgrade(no fruit), so that's "30 times" higher chance, wow now that is that, think about if i give three guardians all crystals and life fruits upgrade, hmm, i'll be damned. Will it be me farming enemies or enemies farming me.

I see, i did give two of my guardians full red health upgrade(no fruit), so that's "30 times" higher chance, wow now that is that, think about if i give three guardians all crystals and life fruits upgrade, hmm, i'll be damned. Will it be me farming enemies or enemies farming me.
There's a calculation behind that which checks the enhancements the monsters can end up getting based on guardians max health. Things will be really dangerous when you have a full team of full health guardians, though.

New update is out.
Life Drain staff used by the guardians now applies the effect on your character and other guardians.
Martian Saucers will spawn with one less level of difficulty compared to other bosses.
Domino will now face the correct direction when sitting on the throne.
The Iron Cannon is now a ranged weapon.
Said item will no longer say that you shouldn't have it.​
Also fixed It's status.​
Iron Cannon is now craftable too.​
The Knockback Resist bar will now have It's progress displayed in red when the npc has It's resist broken, and It is recharging.
Fixed a number of problems with the new combat AI.
Guardians will no long have their attack locked while in combat.​
Guardians will no longer count ammo as a ranged weapon.​
Critical Hits now causes more damage to enemies knockback resistance.
Guardians will no longer ask you to catch a Mouse or a Frog on Hardmode.
The chance at which requests of catching a mouse appears were reduced from 40% to 30%.​
Guardians will now ask you extra stack of critters for every 10 friendship levels, instead of 5.​
Reduced even more the rarity of the unique accessories from Bounty Quests.
Better I stop here, or else would be better to just give them away.​
Guardians will no longer go too far away from the player in combat.
Changed Mabel's sleeping sprite.
Disabled the stacked damage large TerraGuardians would get from being attacked by multiple monsters, at least for those who are using the new monster strengthening system.
The mod now knows that you can have a 4th TerraGuardian when dismissing them.
Changed the position of Leopold arms when stopped and walking.
Added Leopold's throne sitting and bed sleeping animations.
The healing effects of the Vampire Knife and the Ghost Hood set are now shared with the Guardians.
Fixed a bug that caused event participation requests to not count waves passed if the guardian wasn't a main guardian, and was required to participate.
I tried a preemptive strike and made the bosses from the Pumpkin Moon and the Frost Moon have their difficulty level nerfed by one, just like the Martian Saucer.
Fixed the Aerial Bane.
Staff of Renew how heals all summoned guardians.
Added a new system that is good if you want to add rotativity to the TerraGuardians. Those debuffs increases in stack with the level, but will only cause penalty when the red version of it appears.
The debuffs has two states.​
When It's a blue debuff, It wont affect penalty, It's more of a informative mean that the guardian is getting tired.​
When It's a red debuff, penalties are applied. The penalties are listed on the debuff.​
It introduces two ways the guardians can get worn out from the adventure:​
Guardians can get tired If they do too many actions per game hours while following you.​
Guardians can get wounded If they receive a damage that takes at least 15% of the health. And get heavily wounded if the guardian gets knocked out.​
Those effects have different ways of recovering from:​
Dismissing guardians for a few in-game days can restore them as the days passes.​
Adding a First Aid Kit on the Guardian inventory can heal injury, but the First aid Kit has a cooldown of 8 in-game hours to be used again.​
Injury reduces the guardian max health by a percentage, stacks up to 90% of their health.​
The mod will no longer disregard Leopold's movement speed increase while in the air.
Leopold now hops when you're mounted on his shoulder.
Changed the way guardians finds out where they should be when following ahead of you, or behind.
Each front and back following has their own counters, so guardians wont try using their position in the party to determine the distance.​
Leopold now requires friendship level 7 to allow you mounting on his shoulder.
Compared to the requirement to be able to call him, I'm pretty sure this is far easier.​
Bree pre recruit npc will now go away when there is NO player near her.
You no longer can trigger both Bree's recruitment methods at the same time. She will now notice Sardine when you talk to her, If Sardine is on your party.
The Nurse can now resurrect knocked out guardians.
The Lamia Mask will now change to long hair when equipped on a female Nemesis.
Guardians will now wear Santa Hat when the Christmas event is running.
We'll probably need to find out how It will end when It comes. (8 months to go)​
Fixed the Party participation request, now It no longer automatically completes.
Guardians will no longer oversleep when the day comes while raining.
There will be no longer a flying mouth when Alex is holding an item, and he's either sitting on a throne/bench, or sleeping on a bed.
Guardians will no longer use the last item in the stack of a throwable weapon. (Ex:. grenades, javelins, knives...)
The last item in the stack will cause 70% of damage, instead of 100%.​
Changed the way guardians look for furnitures, they may be able to try using far away furnitures inside their houses now.
You can now have up to 4 assist guardians following you.
You need to have met at least 10 different TerraGuardians to unlock this.​
Reduced the rate at which higher level gem monsters will appear.
Only one 3 gems monster or above can spawn at once. For now.​
\ o /​
The guardians will now ask you to kill less Dungeon Slimes, Paladins and Giant Skulls on their requests.
Bounty target will now spawn with boss modifier, but increased by 1 level.
Their minimum spawn level is of 3 gems.​
So many fixes, and a few system additions.

For the rotativity system, be sure to check the option so you can enable/disable it depending on your need. There will be no drawback for disabling it during the gameplay, the only problem is that if It be enabled again, your guardians may end up retaining some of the pre disable status.

There are two impacting effects your TerraGuardians will have depending on some factors.

Guardians get tired if they follow you for long, and passes most of their gameplay hours in movement, or taking action. It takes some in-game days until the guardian feel tired, and there is even a buff that tells when the guardian is starting to get tired, but the real drawback comes when the red version of that debuff appears.

Guardians can also get injured during the gameplay, they get injured by being hurt by an attack which causes 15% or more of damage compared to their maximum health, or per knock out. The injury will reduce the guardian max health by 1% per point, up to a maximum of 90%. There are also debuffs which will appear depending on their injury level. The most dangerous thing about that is when the red debuff appears, so be sure to stock First Aid Kit on your guardian inventories (so they use it when they can), or send your guardian home to recover.

Both systems are still up for testing, so be sure to report if it doesn't feel right, or annoy you. And feel free to disable if If It annoys you.

The maximum number of assist guardians also increased, so now you can have 5 TerraGuardians following you :D. That also means stronger gem monsters will spawn too, but... You have literally an army following you.

Back
Top Bottom