tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

OK, let it be then, speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

So nothing now, i see you really are ambitious about this mod, try not to overcharge it with passion, without stabilizer it might explode.

And since you don't see the problems with this, which guardian is your favorite? And don't give that" they are all my creation i like them all" reply, which one is your most beloved child?

OK, let it be then, speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

So nothing now, i see you really are ambitious about this mod, try not to overcharge it with passion, without stabilizer it might explode.

And since you don't see the problems with this, which guardian is your favorite? And don't give that" they are all my creation i like them all" reply, which one is your most beloved child?
I wouldn't say "they are all my creation i like them all" because I somewhat dislike Nemesis, so that would be false.
It is really hard to pick which guardian is my favorite, It is actually hard to pick only one, because they all have their own aspects that turns them unique. But the one guardian I have mostly in my team is Blue.

I got a question.

How do we actually use first aid kits? I can't seem to use them personally, and I don't think they're ever used by the guardians themselves.

Are they only usable when we take direct control? Note to self, try that again, see if I can avoid crashing.

And crashed again. Still not sure what's wrong.
They will use It by themselves when their injury gets serious. Just leave in their inventory.
Also, what is that about crashing? If the game is crashing, show the log, so I can try fixing it.

Cause it's "nemesis"?
I had this feeling you were gonna say blue, don't know why, just the feeling, maybe it's the sixth sense, or maybe it's because you always mentioned her in your past replies.
I'll have a confession, the sole reason i was asking the question is because of blue, i wanted to see if my prediction is right, sorry about that, forgive me.

After some recent updates about combat AI, the fights are getting much smoother and interesting, it's really fascinating how little things can change global gaming experience and the total vibe around it.
Was thinking about something when i sent guardian home to rest, to recover from tiring days, will that "bug" about time changing items affect this system as well? I assume it would, if you wanted to do something about that bug, don't forget to check this one out.

Cause it's "nemesis"?
I had this feeling you were gonna say blue, don't know why, just the feeling, maybe it's the sixth sense, or maybe it's because you always mentioned her in your past replies.
I'll have a confession, the sole reason i was asking the question is because of blue, i wanted to see if my prediction is right, sorry about that, forgive me.

After some recent updates about combat AI, the fights are getting much smoother and interesting, it's really fascinating how little things can change global gaming experience and the total vibe around it.
Was thinking about something when i sent guardian home to rest, to recover from tiring days, will that "bug" about time changing items affect this system as well? I assume it would, if you wanted to do something about that bug, don't forget to check this one out.
I think It will, because It is affected by something else.
So yep, I will have to check that out.

Hey Nakano, do you think it would be possible to have the guardians know if a sword has a ranged attack? Like the enchanted sword shooting a beam, and then the guardian can use that instead of trying to get close to the enemy and dying?

Hey Nakano, do you think it would be possible to have the guardians know if a sword has a ranged attack? Like the enchanted sword shooting a beam, and then the guardian can use that instead of trying to get close to the enemy and dying?
Look, I'm from a time where Melee attack was Melee attack, so I didn't added such ai because... Melee.
I can try adding a script to make them use "shotting swords" as ranged attacks, beside that can end up breaking entirelly the role of Melee combat.

Ps:. I dunno if DinoZers will be happy about you using It's signature. You can make your own though, just take a screenshot of your guardians, be it with your character or not, you pick, then cut the image to respect the signature limit of the forums, and add the text "TerraGuardians Powered" to it.
You can even do that in the paint.

I don't mind making the code to show the image in your signature though, I didn't had any trouble doing that for DinoZers.
Beside... I guess It will be fun to start that trend on the forum :3. And customizable signatures are awesome too. :D

Edit:. I got a banner for me too, I wonder If It will turn into a trend, hehe. The only problem is the 150 pixels height limit of the forums, so I had to put my signature in a spoiler. :/

Last edited:
There's still probelm with defeating bosses, not much to say about it, but it fails, not always, but sometimes, just a heads-up here, better look it up. By the way, when i was doing the quest, i didn't call upon any guardians to help,( just you know why, wait you don't? ), after beating it like 3 times, still no use. Now i'm thinking of it, maybe if i did call some guardians, it would have worked.
Good Luck.

There's still probelm with defeating bosses, not much to say about it, but it fails, not always, but sometimes, just a heads-up here, better look it up. By the way, when i was doing the quest, i didn't call upon any guardians to help,( just you know why, wait you don't? ), after beating it like 3 times, still no use. Now i'm thinking of it, maybe if i did call some guardians, it would have worked.
Good Luck.
Ops, nice catch! Looks like I let slide the fact one may not be playing with any guardian at all when doing a request.
Bug fix coming next update, you shall no longer need supervision when doing kill quests.

Can i request some feature here? It would be really helpful if the mod has a hotkey to temporarily turn off guardian icon interface whatever the name, you know the thing, the line under inventory, i sometimes missclick onto it when i do crafting, item managing, and most importantly, with mods which put their own interface there, for example, auto-trash, extensible-inventory, something like that. So it's only natural to bring the feeling to desire for such feature, what you say ? Is that reasonable?

Besides that, a funny thing, in my newly opened playthrough (yes, again), i encountered bree, as always as before, and she's got a gem on top of her head, at first i thought it was some random mob, then i realized it was her, even after her returning at home, she still has that gem on top, heh, looks like a very important NPC with a special sign, of course, i assume next time i go into the game, it will be fine. I assume.
So they actually spawn like every other common enemies, that's fresh, pity i forgot to test her abilities, to see if she really was toughened like other gemmy-heads, yes, that's a word now.

Can i request some feature here? It would be really helpful if the mod has a hotkey to temporarily turn off guardian icon interface whatever the name, you know the thing, the line under inventory, i sometimes missclick onto it when i do crafting, item managing, and most importantly, with mods which put their own interface there, for example, auto-trash, extensible-inventory, something like that. So it's only natural to bring the feeling to desire for such feature, what you say ? Is that reasonable?

Besides that, a funny thing, in my newly opened playthrough (yes, again), i encountered bree, as always as before, and she's got a gem on top of her head, at first i thought it was some random mob, then i realized it was her, even after her returning at home, she still has that gem on top, heh, looks like a very important NPC with a special sign, of course, i assume next time i go into the game, it will be fine. I assume.
So they actually spawn like every other common enemies, that's fresh, pity i forgot to test her abilities, to see if she really was toughened like other gemmy-heads, yes, that's a word now.
I can try providing a hotkey to hide that interface element. Good thing I read everything before attempting to suggest F11.

Well, now that is interesting. That happened because they aren't considered as town npcs initially. Also, when a npc transforms into another (like is the case of Bree after recruitment, and other guardians), they inherit the gem count. Of course I will have to fix that issue, wonder a 2 Gems Brutus asking to test your steel.

By the way, I'm doing something about the gemmy-head guys, It may turn them more... Interesting to face. At least bosses surelly will.

By the way, I'm doing something about the gemmy-head guys, It may turn them more... Interesting to face. At least bosses surelly will.
"You were slain, interestingly" so yesterday i simply just die, and today i die with a smile, is that what you are referring? Thanks, satan, again.

Thank you for your kindness. For not suggested F11. I would've taken the advise cause i really don't know what it is and now i do so thank you anyway and also thanks to you i've noticed this strike through words feature in the post menu so i decided to write some nonsense with no punctuation to waste your time hope you don't mind and if you do just so you know i don't.

Checked back into the game, bree's fine now, no more gems, only is she still has that giant bag around her neck, cant even sleep with a straight back, poor thing. If nothing changes, she's gonna bound with that thing for eternity. I was talking about sardine, of course.

Tossing the cringe jokes aside, here's a sincere question: i see you are using your own nexperience mod with this guardian mod, when balancing things out would it be problematic without the consistency with vanilla game?

"You were slain, interestingly" so yesterday i simply just die, and today i die with a smile, is that what you are referring? Thanks, satan, again.

Thank you for your kindness. For not suggested F11. I would've taken the advise cause i really don't know what it is and now i do so thank you anyway and also thanks to you i've noticed this strike through words feature in the post menu so i decided to write some nonsense with no punctuation to waste your time hope you don't mind and if you do just so you know i don't.

Checked back into the game, bree's fine now, no more gems, only is she still has that giant bag around her neck, cant even sleep with a straight back, poor thing. If nothing changes, she's gonna bound with that thing for eternity. I was talking about sardine, of course.
Well, she's bound to two things right now. The third still needs to come in a future update.
Tossing the cringe jokes aside, here's a sincere question: i see you are using your own nexperience mod with this guardian mod, when balancing things out would it be problematic without the consistency with vanilla game?
Not really. Depends on the game mode I use when playing the mod. But sometimes I disable NExperience to find out if things are broken.

It's that time again, guys. The result of the popularity contest.
Grab a drink, get some snacks, and enjoy the coronation.

Our buddies seems to be getting used to the contest, they aren't
really comenting about the event Itself. On the next contest I'll try
making them get in the spirit of the event. At least I added a "mini plot"
to the event, hahaha.

By the way, It's really exquisite that on a coronation, one doesn't get a crown for reaching
first place.
I guess I'll have to reserve that for the next contest then. What kind of crown they
could use? Well... I have a month to find out.

If you checked this post early, be sure to return to it later, to participate on
May Popularity contest.

See ya!

Edit:. Before someone says... Yeah, Bree is partially wrong, and Leopold for agreeing, since some of the laws of physics are applied on Terraria. I guess that can Leopold's reputation as Sage.

Edit2:. Here I am again. About the third question, I'll try answering some of them here. Each line is reserved to a different question.

The mod certainly doesn't has a wiki, for me that isn't really that bad, since the time you spend exploring and the surprise upon meeting something new, is a lot better than knowing what to expect and do, and in the end not get really impressed.

You shouldn't bother much about items. The TerraGuardians themselves are more about the system, and many of the mod recipes uses at least one basic material, be it a metal or a wood. Beside there are a number of items that may require materials out of that to find out how to craft.

I still have to sprite the Minoshroom. I didn't forget it, though.

You can have more than two guardians, you need to meet new guardians to increase the cap.

The message "A Cat is Nearby" is somewhat meant to be vague, It surelly can get annoying depending on the place you are at, but wonder what else you can find while looking for that cat?

Well, that is it.

Edit3:. May Popularity contest is up!
May the best companions win!

Last edited:
No, no no! The sprites are going to make me get eye bleach. Please change the sprites for the better

No, no no! The sprites are going to make me get eye bleach. Please change the sprites for the better
What's The Problem The Terraguardian Sprites Are Ok, But The Weapons And Armors Uhh... Its Something Else, I Would See The Hard Work And The Love That Is On This Mod >:T

Nope. That's actually the best I can sprite. (Beside as I launch new companions, my spriting skill gets better)

Well, I have tips. First, actually spend time on your sprites and compare them to the original terraria characters and see if they're good enough. For example, the starting wolf companion could have some fur detail and better shading. The companion armors could use some more detail, better shape and shading.

Back
Top Bottom