• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader TerraGuardians - Terrarian Companions

Regarding female TerraGuardians, I'd say don't fret too much about the subject of their chests. We know you're not making THAT kind of mod, and if anyone saw it as such, they'd already be talking about it in such a way. There's also maybe the option of a small add-on later to change the detail of sprites for anyone who somehow ends up getting disturbed by it, but I'm not expecting anything major.

The next guardian, if it's what I think it is, it makes sense it might stand out a little more because it won't have fur or scales on the upper half, but there's always obscuring with long hair.

:dryadsmile: I can already imagine it coiled up when sleeping. Or maybe just the lower body hanging off the edge of it like others if it's a big guardian. Or a bit of both. 🤷‍♀️

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Regarding female TerraGuardians, I'd say don't fret too much about the subject of their chests. We know you're not making THAT kind of mod, and if anyone saw it as such, they'd already be talking about it in such a way. There's also maybe the option of a small add-on later to change the detail of sprites for anyone who somehow ends up getting disturbed by it, but I'm not expecting anything major.

The next guardian, if it's what I think it is, it makes sense it might stand out a little more because it won't have fur or scales on the upper half, but there's always obscuring with long hair.

:dryadsmile: I can already imagine it coiled up when sleeping. Or maybe just the lower body hanging off the edge of it like others if it's a big guardian. Or a bit of both. 🤷‍♀️
That's already giving me ideas about her.

By the way...
Check that out.

4 hours later.jpg

Finally I thought to check on this thread again.

I like your idea. It's simple, but cool, a regular player-looking character. We already have Nemesis, but there's always room for more. Now if only she and Nemesis would work with other mods' appearance-altering accessories in the first bar like Calamity's "Siren's Heart", a form-changing item like the Moon Charm or Neptune's Shell.

The sprite's well-done, but I like being a
Lamia1.png
lamia
Lamia2.png
more than a
Siren1.png
siren
Siren2.png
, though it'd be fun as a partner.

🤔 Would making that work be better as something in Calamity or TerraGuardians though? I mean obviously you'd need both mods to start with.

More mod devs need to look into TerraGuardians, especially since you put up info for people on how to make custom ones. I'd try it myself, but I'm only good at spriting. I'm no modder. I gave Terraria's files a look-over, and nope.:dryadwhat:

Anyway though, more guardians are always great. My only complaint is that because some mods have really powerful things in them, guardians can't always keep up with the player, but that's our fault for using those mods, and I didn't try the other guardian options yet.

DinoZers

Skeletron
I checked the idea too and i want to think that it will look just as character do and have same buffs or like accesories like it will be a exact copy in buffs, accesories, and look

:dryadindifferent: Oh wait, I think I get it now. Maybe the new guardian will resemble a clone of the player, going by the fact there appears to be two of it in the screenshot. Might not work well if this ever dips into multiplayer plans, but it could also just copy the appearance of whoever's hosting the game, in that case.

DinoZers

Skeletron
:dryadindifferent: Oh wait, I think I get it now. Maybe the new guardian will resemble a clone of the player, going by the fact there appears to be two of it in the screenshot. Might not work well if this ever dips into multiplayer plans, but it could also just copy the appearance of whoever's hosting the game, in that case.
And I Think It would be cool that it copy all the buff you have in the exact moment and from the accesories too

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
View attachment 270111
Finally I thought to check on this thread again.

I like your idea. It's simple, but cool, a regular player-looking character. We already have Nemesis, but there's always room for more. Now if only she and Nemesis would work with other mods' appearance-altering accessories in the first bar like Calamity's "Siren's Heart", a form-changing item like the Moon Charm or Neptune's Shell.

The sprite's well-done, but I like being a View attachment 270105lamiaView attachment 270106 more than a View attachment 270107sirenView attachment 270108, though it'd be fun as a partner.

🤔 Would making that work be better as something in Calamity or TerraGuardians though? I mean obviously you'd need both mods to start with.

More mod devs need to look into TerraGuardians, especially since you put up info for people on how to make custom ones. I'd try it myself, but I'm only good at spriting. I'm no modder. I gave Terraria's files a look-over, and nope.:dryadwhat:

Anyway though, more guardians are always great. My only complaint is that because some mods have really powerful things in them, guardians can't always keep up with the player, but that's our fault for using those mods, and I didn't try the other guardian options yet.
I didn't sprited that character. That's the system I mentioned before, of companion terrarians, under effect.
The photo shows the model, and the actual companion side by side in the game. Beside I had to make a script to get the exact color values of the character.

Beside I still have to test to see If there are some more obvious bugs with it, the companion only needs a name, a description (I kind of have something on mind) and her dialogues (aswell as world interaction dialogues (npcs mentions)).

Actually, since the in dev version, there are now two types of companions: TerraGuardians and Terrarians.
The difference (other than the way they are drawn) may come as the mod updates.
And I Think It would be cool that it copy all the buff you have in the exact moment and from the accesories too
You guys really loves giving me more work eh? I guess I'll add that to the suggestion list. Doppelganger seems like a good name, though. I wonder how one will recruit it.

Oh yeah, by the way, Nemesis now works the same way as that Terrarian companion. Of course there is the difference from a normal Terrarian.

I thought earlier on that you thought I meant you sprited the siren, but then realized that wasn't it, and now I thought about it some more, and...

😐 right, the "TerrarianGirl". That's clearly a player sprite, yeah.

Also I'm late to comment on it but I love the new ordering system, and that pressing the hotkey again goes back one step, if we selected a wrong command. TerraGuardians being able to move around while lifting us up is excellent, too. No more trying to position perfectly first before getting help.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
I thought earlier on that you thought I meant you sprited the siren, but then realized that wasn't it, and now I thought about it some more, and...

😐 right, the "TerrarianGirl". That's clearly a player sprite, yeah.

Also I'm late to comment on it but I love the new ordering system, and that pressing the hotkey again goes back one step, if we selected a wrong command. TerraGuardians being able to move around while lifting us up is excellent, too. No more trying to position perfectly first before getting help.
Pressing the order call button sends you back one command. Use it if you do a mistake.
By the way, even though you can now move the guardian while It is lifting your character up, beware not to hit your character head on the ceiling.
I wonder now If someone managed to die due to that.

Me encanta este Mod, lo amo UwU
Heh, nice to see that you're enjoying. :)

@topic
I've finally managed to get the mod github working, now I'll need to read some tutorials on how to relieve tModLoader from downloading my mod files. And also clear some confusion on the source, before showing It up.

Maplefrog7

Terrarian
There is no wiki, but I don't have the intention of hiding things behind very specific steps, so you'll most likelly find everything the mod has to offer during your gameplay.
Ether hearts can only be used by TerraGuardians to increase their max health. You need to place the items on the inventory of the guardian you want to increase, then give them the order to use the item. I mentioned above how to call the order window.
You don't need N Terraria to run the mod or make use of anything. This mod may be part of that big mod, but is completelly independent, so you don't need other mods to have this mod's full potential.
i tried right mouse clicking but noting happened and their no setting for it in the controls. Is it different on steam with tmodloader?

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
The key config of the order hud is written as "Order Wheel Key".
Also, if right mouse button does nothing, try pressing Q, instead. The only way of that not working is if tModLoader unbinded the key due to something, like another mod using it.

What would you guys do for a home for these big guardians? I'm thinking a cave, and maybe they can live with the dryad nearby, though I'm not sure how to begin. At least, I feel like they wouldn't have a typical house like common Terrarians, plus caves can still be a bit fancy, so Blue and Mabel would likely be okay with it.

Now I wonder how the Ether Realm looks. 🤔

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
What would you guys do for a home for these big guardians? I'm thinking a cave, and maybe they can live with the dryad nearby, though I'm not sure how to begin. At least, I feel like they wouldn't have a typical house like common Terrarians, plus caves can still be a bit fancy, so Blue and Mabel would likely be okay with it.

Now I wonder how the Ether Realm looks. 🤔
Partially don't think of the TerraGuardians as animals, they know how furnitures works, what is a village, and like to have their houses decorated. Feel free to build a beautiful house for them If you want. And something gives me the idea that you're thinking about building Vladimir a house.

And I kind of wonder too about the Ether Realm. In my ideas, It's a kind of medieval world, with a king ruling the land. But the major question is, should the Ether Realm be the same for every world? Or be generated like the Terrarian world. Hard question...
Hmmm, Now i'm thinking weird places xd
EDIT: I just realized that i forgot to put the link for the thread in my singnature XD
You like causing curiosity on people, eh? Beside I wonder If I'll regret knowking what you were thinking.

Also, Woops. At least the forum search works. :)

DinoZers

Skeletron
I wonder If I'll regret knowking what you were thinking.
By the name i think like houses made out of crystal or like a very friendly world or a world that if that doesn't look like an "animal" is weird or unknow like explaining why leopold acts like that when sees the player

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Haha, friendly world, very funny. The guardians will possibly be friendly, I'm not sure about the other things that will be in there. In my initial idea, the place would be like an "open world raid", so you can expect things to be hard.
And the reason why Leopold acts when he sees the player, is because Terrarians are a unknown thing for TerraGuardians, and vice versa (because of the different realms they live). Some of the npcs and TerraGuardians recruitment dialogues gives that away.

DinoZers

Skeletron
I wonder how a corruption would be in their realm and how are the creatures from there Thats not an idea for a Terraguardian I'm just saying xd

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
I wonder how a corruption would be in their realm and how are the creatures from there Thats not an idea for a Terraguardian I'm just saying xd
That's a great idea!
Just kidding, the Corruption and the Crimson aren't a thing there. And I don't think the hallow is either. Maybe due to the fact that the Ether Realm is another kind of world, the Hallow would fit, but the biome Itself gives me nausea, so heck no.

:dryadcry: Seeing poor Vladimir have to put up with those tiny chairs.
unBEARable.png

:dryadindifferent: Alternatively, with sofas,
slightly more bearable.png

%-_- Good thing he didn't sit on a marble or palmwood chair.

:dryadhappy: And I have learned why being hugged by Vladimir during a Blood Moon is a bad idea. Ha. I just had to try it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom