tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

I'm actually still experiencing an error, even with the hotfix. I'm still getting this error with a clean install of tModLoader (so no other mods installed).
[16:11:46] [18/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at giantsummon.AlexRecruitScripts.TrySpawningTombstone(GenerationProgress status)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at DMD<Terraria.WorldGen::do_worldGenCallBack>(Object )
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

[16:11:46] [18/ERROR] [tML]: A problem was encountered during world generation
Spawning Tombstone.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at giantsummon.AlexRecruitScripts.TrySpawningTombstone(GenerationProgress status)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
[16:11:46] [18/ERROR] [Terraria]: A problem was encountered during world generation
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at DMD<Terraria.WorldGen::do_worldGenCallBack>(Object )
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

The tombstone related to Alex's recruitment is having troubles to spawn, but It seems to be disregarding the fact that shouldn't be that critical to spawn It.
I'll trying seeing what is causing that issue.

Hotfix launched:
Alex will no longer cause world generation to crash, possibly.
Did some changes on Tombstone generation.
Companions using a Flying Carpet will now float.
Possibly now a tombstone will no longer stop you from playing.

I havent logged in here since 2017, but today i am finally logging in to say thank you for a wonderful mod. You've truly made the companions even feel more immersive into the world and not feel like bots. They have personality and life to them and the mechanics mirroring the player is a wonderful touch to feel like you somewhat have a person playing with you (to an extent). Thank you very much for the mod

Oh man, i'm really sad that i haven't had time for anything because of school, and myself for being too lazy, i haven't played Terraria and i didn't even logged here for a while, but i still want to aprecciate all the work that nakano do for developing such a good Mod i'll do my best to try the new things of the mod cause i haven't played for 3 months :(

I havent logged in here since 2017, but today i am finally logging in to say thank you for a wonderful mod. You've truly made the companions even feel more immersive into the world and not feel like bots. They have personality and life to them and the mechanics mirroring the player is a wonderful touch to feel like you somewhat have a person playing with you (to an extent). Thank you very much for the mod
There is no point in having companions, if they just exist to help you. Also, It's more interesting if they have personality and history.
Nice update.
I'm liking the new chat system.
I'm glad you liked It. Now all that's left is add the dialogues to the companions :/.
Oh man, i'm really sad that i haven't had time for anything because of school, and myself for being too lazy, i haven't played Terraria and i didn't even logged here for a while, but i still want to aprecciate all the work that nakano do for developing such a good Mod i'll do my best to try the new things of the mod cause i haven't played for 3 months :(
Don't worry, the mod gained some cool new stuff while you were gone. It will be like exploring the mod again. Somewhat.

How exactly complete Brutus quest with skeletron (that red one)?
Says that nobody shoud die,but not me or Brutus didn't fall when kill skeletron

New ideas:
-Call items and Call slot-
First the "1.Pull to Me" better to change "1.Call"
Call items have different behaviors.
Some items act like a hook or just teleport direct the player.
Some Call items have an extra ability.
Example:
Twins hook (Static Hook + 5xHallowed Bar) - The TerraGuardian connect the player with the Twins hook and lock.
Good for battle with Moon Lord.

I see, beside the hooks themselves could execute such action, depending on the hook the companion has equipped. That way wont be necessary to create an extra item.

Hey just wondering, but what must you do to make your guardian not tired anymore?
If that's annoying you, you can simply turn guardians necessity off in the mod options. Do notice that It also turns off their hunger system.

In case you want to make your companions less tired without turning off the system, you can follow Blackrevol idea.
It progress,but,fails.It turns out that the skeletron shoudn't be killed either.
So, the quest fails If you kill Skeletron? That's not intended to happen!
Better I check up deeper what is happening.

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies.

I have another question. Do armor stat bonuses apply to guardians? There's a mod a run that adds sub stats to armor (example ranged damage), but when i equip it to the guardian i dont see their ranged damage number go up.

Thank you for the replies.

I have another question. Do armor stat bonuses apply to guardians? There's a mod a run that adds sub stats to armor (example ranged damage), but when i equip it to the guardian i dont see their ranged damage number go up.
They wont go up, because there is no script to handle extra status given by mod equipments.

In my opinion, rather than adding a new script to handle the mod extras, why not just make a script to read the stat bonuses? Not sure if that's a possibility, but, it'd allow you to use all modded armors with the Guardians, even if they don't follow the vanilla system.

In my opinion, rather than adding a new script to handle the mod extras, why not just make a script to read the stat bonuses? Not sure if that's a possibility, but, it'd allow you to use all modded armors with the Guardians, even if they don't follow the vanilla system.
The problem with that, is that would be necessary to "simulate" a player, everytime the guardian status updates.

I think I might have an idea on how you could make the companions try to jump over gaps stuff.

I'm not so sure how hard this is to program but what you could do is that you could try to have it so that the guardians mirror the players movements but delayed. Kinda like how tails is programed like in sonic 2 and sonic 3 if he is following you.

If you do try to implement idea let me know how it goes.

Best wishes.

Also

Therapist: Dont worry. Front facing Rococo isn't real. It can't hurt you.

Front facing Rococo:
1612530577371.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom