• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader TerraGuardians - Terrarian Companions

NKSHV

Terrarian
What are house requirements? It says the housing does not meet the requirements for raccoon guardian

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Heey, I've seen that behavior before. The game is attempting to pause, but not being able to. That behavior happened when I tried to implement a system to pause the game when making use of the order window, but obviously you aren't using the order window.

The closest guess is that the game is crashing and tModLoader is trying to supress the issue. Try opening the game with the character that behavior happens, trigger it, and then close the game. After that, go to your tModLoader saves folder, then open the Logs folder, and try opening the latest log made.

Once you do that, place the content of it on a site like Pastebin, then place the resulting link here, so I can check that out.

Meanwhile, I'll investigate if the order window pause system is fully disabled.

Edit2:. Holy potatoes, all those affixes and suffixes!

Edit:
What are house requirements? It says the housing does not meet the requirements for raccoon guardian
The housing height requirement changes depending on the guardian height, due to being taller, large guardians like Rococo needs a taller house.
You need to make a house 1 tile height taller to have him move in.

Fishy Snake

Terrarian
I think I might have discovered the source of the problem. Immediately after I recruited Sardine in the new world, the everything-freezing problem came back. (I already had Rococo and Alex beforehand, and it worked fine). So I guess it has something to do with him somehow.

Let me see about trying to do what you said...

Edit: Pastebin won't let me paste the log because it's over 512 KB and I'm not a pro member. Anything else I can try? A notepad document or something?

Attachments

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
I think I might have discovered the source of the problem. Immediately after I recruited Sardine in the new world, the everything-freezing problem came back. (I already had Rococo and Alex beforehand, and it worked fine). So I guess it has something to do with him somehow.

Let me see about trying to do what you said...

Edit: Pastebin won't let me paste the log because it's over 512 KB and I'm not a pro member. Anything else I can try? A notepad document or something?
That works, and bingo! I found out the problem, It's the bounty quest system having problems to find out where the bounty board is.
The fix will be coming later.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Hotfix out.
Telling your guardian to use buff potions will no longer make it spam pet spawning items repeatedly.
Fixed a problem where Sardine's bounty board could glitch your entire world.
The first issue I had to fix after Rococo started spawning too many baby grinchs.

NKSHV

Terrarian
I have 1 error in my log which appeared right after I entered my world
[15:11:43] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at giantsummon.NpcMod.CheckActive(NPC npc) in giantsummon\NpcMod.cs:line 79
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.CheckActive(NPC npc)
at Terraria.NPC.CheckActive()
at Terraria.NPC.UpdateNPC(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)
The raccoon guardian is in my world and gives me quests as normal. I completed 3 quests, should it be enough to be able to give him weapons and armor? He gave me rewards but I still can't do anything with him (or maybe I couldn't figure out how). I have mod of redemption and some smaller mods

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
I have 1 error in my log which appeared right after I entered my world
[15:11:43] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
at giantsummon.NpcMod.CheckActive(NPC npc) in giantsummon\NpcMod.cs:line 79
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.CheckActive(NPC npc)
at Terraria.NPC.CheckActive()
at Terraria.NPC.UpdateNPC(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)
The raccoon guardian is in my world and gives me quests as normal. I completed 3 quests, should it be enough to be able to give him weapons and armor? He gave me rewards but I still can't do anything with him (or maybe I couldn't figure out how). I have mod of redemption and some smaller mods
Thanks for the report, I've fixed the issue, and the fix is coming next update.

And looks like you didn't figured out how the mod works.
If you already did one of the steps, just skip ahead.

Rococo is one of the guardians you can summon right after meeting him, you just need to call him.

Just open the inventory and click the Bulldog face that is under it, that will open the guardian selection window.
Click the name of the guardian on the list, then click "Call" to have it as your companion. That button will change to "Dismiss" if you have It summoned, in case you want to... Dismiss your current guardian.

By having the guardian summoned, you will have some more tabs near the bulldog face button. Each tab shows information or allows you to do mess with some of your guardian mechanics/items.
The bag icon is It's inventory, the Shirt icon is the equipment window.

Domidoy

Terrarian
Nice mod! The NPPplayers system was the feature I missed the most from N Terraria after I started to play more tModLoader mods. I think that this mod definitely has a bright future.

Have you already considered making a priority weapon slot for the Guardians? I've found that sometimes I want the guardians to use specific weapons, but their AI defaults them to a certain one. Although I like that they can switch their weapons according to the situation by putting the items in their "hotbar", I think it would be cool to also have an option or a toggle to a priority weapon, perhaps as a slot different from the inventory.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Nice mod! The NPPplayers system was the feature I missed the most from N Terraria after I started to play more tModLoader mods. I think that this mod definitely has a bright future.

Have you already considered making a priority weapon slot for the Guardians? I've found that sometimes I want the guardians to use specific weapons, but their AI defaults them to a certain one. Although I like that they can switch their weapons according to the situation by putting the items in their "hotbar", I think it would be cool to also have an option or a toggle to a priority weapon, perhaps as a slot different from the inventory.
I can add an AI toggle that makes the guardian try using the weapons in order from first inventory slot to the last, so the guardian may skip using that weapon if there is no way of using it.
What about that?

fireman7100

Plantera
Hello Nakano, I was wondering if this mod is compatible with other mods? I was thinking of doing another playthrough with other mods installed. (Also sorry if you have answered this before, don't have much time to check)

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Based on what a player said in some previous pages, the mod seems to work with other mods.
Just beware when using mod weapons and equipments on the guardian, their effects most likelly wont work, and may end up happening bugs if their projectiles has something that needs a player specific mod data.

But the only way of finding out how it will end will be by testing.

fireman7100

Plantera
I took a look at what others were saying, it seems to have a problem with Terraria overhaul (possibly calamity too). Which is understandable, considering, well, its an overhaul. I'll give some other mods a try and let you know.

Domidoy

Terrarian
I can add an AI toggle that makes the guardian try using the weapons in order from first inventory slot to the last, so the guardian may skip using that weapon if there is no way of using it.
What about that?
That sounds awesome. It's exactly how I use my own hotbar :D

I took a look at what others were saying, it seems to have a problem with Terraria overhaul (possibly calamity too). Which is understandable, considering, well, its an overhaul. I'll give some other mods a try and let you know.
Have you tried using tModLoader 64-Bit? It helps a lot especially with a mod like Terraria Overhaul. It won't fix all bugs, but it will help if you want to install a lot of mods.

fireman7100

Plantera
That sounds awesome. It's exactly how I use my own hotbar :D

Have you tried using tModLoader 64-Bit? It helps a lot especially with a mod like Terraria Overhaul. It won't fix all bugs, but it will help if you want to install a lot of mods.
It's fine, I'm not much of Terraria Overhaul guy, thank you anyway. I have about 5 mods downloaded including this one, and so far so good

Domidoy

Terrarian
I seem to have run into a bug where the guardians are disappearing when I talk to them as NPCs. Not really sure what the cause might be, but it only started happening a few minutes before I started taking this video. Perhaps some event triggered this to happen?

I'm still able to call them and have them follow me, but other than that, they do not seem to be staying for very long after I talk to them.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
For some reason, the guardian npcs seems to be crashing. When a npc crashes in Terraria, it is instantly disabled, but It is very weird that tModLoader didn't have shown an error message.
Can you try triggering the crashes again and posting here the tModLoader logs?
They are located on tModLoader saves folder, inside the logs folder. The latest crash log is the one that isn't compacted.

One thing you can try, if feeling adventurous: A theory I have is that a mod is causing it, try disabling a mod that changes the npcs behavior to see what happens.

Domidoy

Terrarian
For some reason, the guardian npcs seems to be crashing. When a npc crashes in Terraria, it is instantly disabled, but It is very weird that tModLoader didn't have shown an error message.
Can you try triggering the crashes again and posting here the tModLoader logs?
They are located on tModLoader saves folder, inside the logs folder. The latest crash log is the one that isn't compacted.

One thing you can try, if feeling adventurous: A theory I have is that a mod is causing it, try disabling a mod that changes the npcs behavior to see what happens.
Code:
[00:13:03] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
   at Terraria.Main.DrawNPCExtras(NPC n, Boolean beforeDraw, Single addHeight, Single addY, Color npcColor, Vector2 halfSize, SpriteEffects npcSpriteEffect)
   at Terraria.Main.DrawNPC(Int32 iNPCIndex, Boolean behindTiles)
   at Terraria.Main.DrawNPCs(Boolean behindTiles)
   at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
   at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)
It seems to happen every time a party is going on in the world, if that helps. It was Rococo's and Alex's birthday, too :(:(

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Code:
[00:13:03] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
   at Terraria.Main.DrawNPCExtras(NPC n, Boolean beforeDraw, Single addHeight, Single addY, Color npcColor, Vector2 halfSize, SpriteEffects npcSpriteEffect)
   at Terraria.Main.DrawNPC(Int32 iNPCIndex, Boolean behindTiles)
   at Terraria.Main.DrawNPCs(Boolean behindTiles)
   at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
   at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)
It seems to happen every time a party is going on in the world, if that helps. It was Rococo's and Alex's birthday, too :(:(
I tried to trigger the error here, It didn't happened. I can talk to the guardian npcs while in a party and nothing happen.
Try checking if isn't another mod that is causing the issue, If you find out what mod it is, I can try to investigate and find out what is happening.

Top Bottom