• Switch 1.4: New patch released Jan 18, details are here. Read the full release details here. Report bugs here.

tModLoader TerraGuardians - Terrarian Companions

Nakano15

Terrarian
The crash log also points to same thing...
That happens everytime you try opening the companions list? Or it begun after some moment?
And did you managed to recruit some companion on multiplayer?

Sennel

Terrarian
I didn't crash when I entered multiplayer with no one recruited. it allowed me to recruit though you couldn't see any of them in the world unless recruited but could only recruit 1. the crash seems to occur when entering multiplayer with a party of 2 terra guardians or more and then you try to dismiss any of the group since you only see 1 companion showing. though i did have to tell all them to move in so possibly they just hadn't shown up in the world. since upon dismissing the single companion I recruited in multiplayer after entering multiplayer with no party didn't crash me. it seems to be a problem with having multiple terra guardians in a party before entering multiplayer.

Nakano15

Terrarian
Alright, that description seems detailed enough, and I'll investigate that issue after the holiday.
Have a Merry Christmas, you and your family.

Nakano15

Terrarian
Have a merry christmas to you aswell
Alright, so...
I changed how the companions data are acquired by the game, potentially also making it more stable, and that seems to have fixed the issue of the selection interface crashing.
During my testings, I didn't got any crashes during multiplayer and It's playable. The thing is, the mod multiplayer, I literally only begun actually working on it now. Beside the companions can be called and help on mp, they wont appear for other players, neither the npcs will be sync'd correctly right now. I would need more time to do the sync scripts.

Would you like the multiplayer playable but with companions only visible by the player who summoned it, or would you preffer waiting to play the mod on multiplayer when the syncs are done?

Sennel

Terrarian
me and my wife are willing to wait for the multiplayer syncs but im glad i could help with finding a crash issue for you

Phu

Terrarian
I bought a new pc and installed tmodloader ,and installed some mod (including this mod). But i couldn't spawn Michelle( using cheatsheet), also she didn't spawn naturally too. How can i spawn her? Please let me know, and sorry,I really not good at english

Nakano15

Terrarian
Michelle spawns different from other companions in the game, since she "logins".
She usually spawns with you in the world, but I think I decreased her spawn rate a number of updates ago.

Edit:. Try getting yourself at least one point of defense. For some reason she requires that.

Phu

Terrarian
Michelle spawns different from other companions in the game, since she "logins".
She usually spawns with you in the world, but I think I decreased her spawn rate a number of updates ago.

Edit:. Try getting yourself at least one point of defense. For some reason she requires that.
Oh,thank you,she spawn right after i get my wooden armor
Also, i Just noticed A line '2P press start' while i am in singleplayer. What is that ? ( that line disappear when i turn off this mod)

Attachments

• Homie.png
    Homie.png
    267.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Fluxxation

The Destroyer
It finally begins.

My keyboard is here, I got FLstudio to work, my weekends are open, and my mind is full of ideas. I’ve got a friend to help make thumbnails, and another friend to make animated backgrounds.

I’ve got the time, the motivation, the tools, and the ideas to begin.

LETS DO ITTTTTT!!!!

Nakano15

Terrarian
Hey hey hey, one thing at a time. If you focus on many things at once, you'll hardly get any done.
Lower the hype a bit.

Nakano15

Terrarian
I launched an update with a number of fixes and changes.
Updated the victory scores of the companions based on latest popularity contest result.
Fixed an issue where Green and Miguel previously had victories, even though they only participated once.
Rummors companions destines to those who picked them as their buddies will now be shown correctly by them.
-> They will never mention that they were picked as buddy by someone.
Fixed an issue where Minerva was showing as male.
Companions can no longer be pulled when they're lifting the player.
Inverted the negation state of the mount icon on the companion profile page. (Is this a good name?)
Changed the way Brutus warning appears. This way might fix a possible incidence of ignored crash causing message telling he showed up not to appear.
Fixed a bug where starter guardians would leave the world at their first oportunity.
Green can now fix wounds out of your character and companions.
Changed the method used for drawing the texts on companions dialogues.
Luna now can talk about Skills and Companions living in the world.
Added Tutorial Quest to the mod.
-> Quest is named "Know More".
-> Luna will assist you during that quest.
-> That quest is entirelly used to explain about some mod features without reading the help dialogues she offers.
-> This quest is impossible to complete. You can't stop learning, right?
Fixed Rococo's head equipment positioning.
Changed how the mod gets companion datas for their npcs.
-> That also possibly fixes a crash with the companion selection interface on multiplayer.
Fixed a problem where the companion couldn't be pulled to you on multiplayer, without respawning them..
Removed useless test multiplayer sync config option.
Fixed a bug where the Broken Armor debuff given by the Zombie Guardian sword slash on expert mode only lasted half a second.
-> Now it lasts 30 seconds, instead.
Minerva can now end up spawning during your travels, if not only her requirements are met, but also your friendship level with her is under 3 (which is the friendship level for you to be able to let her move in).
Cinnamon will still have the chance of appearing after the Travelling Merchant, even if you've met her before.
The changes on Minerva and Cinnamon spawning are useful for those who disabled companions visit.
Vladimir's free recruitment has been reworked:
-> Before, you would gain Vladimir for free for starting a new character before the launch of Terraria 1.4.
-> Now, you can get Vladimir if you enter a world with a character that you didn't recruited him yet, 14 days before Terraria's birthday, or on the day of Terraria's birthday.
Vladimir will now try carrying the companions that aren't blacklisted, instead of carrying blacklisted ones only.
-> He will also only try carrying companions that have at least up to 95% of his size.
-> Removed Liebre from Blacklist. Vlad isn't that scared of a reaper anyways.
Demons can now drop the Unholy Amulet.
Killing the King Slime while Sardine is inside it will now make him be instantly unlocked for all players in the range of the combat.
Companions will now try following you through platforms, when you drop from them.
-> They may not be able to follow you correctly on 2 platforms that have solid blocks around them.
Liebre's recruit npc has been implemented.
-> His recruitment is multi stage. I'm pretty sure Luna will be able to help you know where to go next.
Companions gains lava and dangerous tile immunity while being pulled by players.
Only companions following players will hold their offhand items.
Companions will stop being pulled to a dead player.
Fixed a bug where starter guardians came with a very generous inventory.
I plan on tweaking a number of stuffs in the mod, includding the requests system, and the skills system.
Also, I think it is about time I begin making use of the companions gold. I thought about a way of restocking the companions items by clicking some
buttons related to the items, while having the store of a npc opened. I will still need to test my idea, before I can make something solid, but right now, it's just an idea.

Have fun.

Fluxxation

The Destroyer
Hey uh, this may not be the right place to post this, but since you said lower the hype a bit and maybe do one thing at a time, which theme first? I also might as well add another question, what do you want the theme of said fight to sound like? You could give me an example using a pre-existing song and tell me what you like about it, tell me what sort of themes you may want in it, or stuff like that. You could also just let me kinda go for it on my own and show you what I end up thinking.

Probably gonna replay the mod again so I can see what characters have fights again or just overall interesting encounters.

Nakano15

Terrarian
Hey uh, this may not be the right place to post this, but since you said lower the hype a bit and maybe do one thing at a time, which theme first? I also might as well add another question, what do you want the theme of said fight to sound like? You could give me an example using a pre-existing song and tell me what you like about it, tell me what sort of themes you may want in it, or stuff like that. You could also just let me kinda go for it on my own and show you what I end up thinking.

Probably gonna replay the mod again so I can see what characters have fights again or just overall interesting encounters.
The only one I remember is the Zombie Guardian fight one.
Beside the fact that him surging is a shock, the fact you're facing a TerraGuardian somehow means that the fight is going to be tough.
I don't really have much else to describe about right now, but probably could be a theme meaning that big trouble has silently arrived.

Top Bottom