tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

Wait a minute... Aren't you the guy who pm'd me few days ago, talking about that same issue?

Or maybe isn't, because I told that same person that the change that brought that was implemented updates ago, not the latest.
The reason why they leave you is because you don't take care of them during your gameplay.

Wait a minute... Aren't you the guy who pm'd me few days ago, talking about that same issue?

Or maybe isn't, because I told that same person that the change that brought that was implemented updates ago, not the latest.
The reason why they leave you is because you don't take care of them during your gameplay.
I don't know what you're talking about...
Bro, these are not my children to take care of. This trust system may have been there before, but they didn't abandon me in the middle of a battle! The mod has lost its essence and usefulness, IMHO. I had to rollback to an earlier version. Sorry mate, but the version where they were 24/7 with you was better.

You may have set in their settings for them to be ranged only? Or if they have low trust or negative, then just, do their requests and try to keep them in places where they won't die EX:Forest due to low damage mobs and such. Give them armor and good weapons to help, as well as plenty of potions. The armor seems to follow progression a bit and any armor for them is still better than none. Maybe give them a gun or something and ammo, and tell them to just do ranged?

Last edited:
I don't know what you're talking about...
Bro, these are not my children to take care of. This trust system may have been there before, but they didn't abandon me in the middle of a battle! The mod has lost its essence and usefulness, IMHO. I had to rollback to an earlier version. Sorry mate, but the version where they were 24/7 with you was better.
Hey, you don't need to feed or bathe them. Also, I doubt you wouldn't rage quit if you died several times from the same thing.

I have a question though, can they equip normal armor or no? Like lets say adamantite for example. I need to know because I plan to do calamity and I do not want Blue to die.

Last edited:
The companions have extra factors which makes them somewhat tougher than the player, which is actually good due to the fact they are companions.
Beside the normal Defense, they also have Defense Rate attribute, which increases based on their defense. The Defense Rate deducts that percentage of damage the companion receivesfrom attacks.
There's also the Skills system, which makes companions tougher as you play. Those status persists during playthroughs, so starting a new character will ensure you will have a stronger companion than when you begun your first playthrough.

That's cool and neat though I am curious if I can get Blue to scale with stats because I'm using an RPG mod that lets me increase stuff like my HP, defense, attack, etc.

The only rpg mod that works with is NExperience, because... Well.. I made it, so I not only know, but also am able to make the companions status scale.

Ah, that's fine. Blue is getting stronger over time at least, right now she has over 450 HP.

By the way a few days ago or so I found a bug where somehow Luna was drowning in the open air. She was at a random :red: house that spawned in I guess and literally at one point when I started going back somewhere she drowned....despite not being in water.

Last edited:
Ah, that's fine. Blue is getting stronger over time at least, right now she has over 450 HP.

By the way a few days ago or so I found a bug where somehow Luna was drowning in the open air. She was at a random :red: house that spawned in I guess and literally at one point when I started going back somewhere she drowned....despite not being in water.
Thanks forums for not telling me of this message.
By the way, that's a really strange issue, but maybe in some block where her head was at, there was water behind it. That water may have been counting her as suffocating.
Burnout noises
Hey, I'm recovering from that.

I do not know, I didn't see any water in the house. Also I don't think its fair for me to lose trust if she randomly dies for some weird reason.

Back
Top Bottom