tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

This is useless since I can only build the armor that I can't wear. The Guardian you say is no where to be found.
Uh... What?

Did I forgot to update something on the main post? Because guardians are able to use player equipment since... Several versions ago.
Of course I'm implementing from time to time the equipment effects but, at least most of vanilla ones works.

Edit:. From the things outdated in the main post, this one remains correct.
They have their own equips and items (and their sprites are ugly), but they can use player equipments and items too, aswell as Life Crystal and Life Fruit, whose increases it's max health. They can equip some of the weapons for the Player, you have to test to see if it works. And can equip accessories, and gain It's benefits.
They have their own equips, but you can still give player equipments to them, includding accessories. Includding items too.

Haiz, the thing I want to ask is.... where is the Guardian? How can I equipments if I can't even found one. You post missing tutorial on how to get the Guardian since I don't see any Guardian when using this mod. Do I have to create a new charater and new world and played all over again for the Guardian to show up?

Haiz, the thing I want to ask is.... where is the Guardian? How can I equipments if I can't even found one. You post missing tutorial on how to get the Guardian since I don't see any Guardian when using this mod. Do I have to create a new charater and new world and played all over again for the Guardian to show up?
Heh, so that's the problem, eh? Would've been a better intro.

You don't need to create a new character, you just need to recruit them, but if you want to find a TerraGuardian with ease, you just need to create any kind of world and enter it. Right on the spawn, there will be one you can talk to.

After talking to it, there will be a tutorial message telling that you should open the inventory, and then click on the bulldog face icon bellow the inventory. There you can check your TerraGuardians, and also call them.

That same place the bulldog icon is, will appear the other tabs for messing with your TerraGuardians mechanics.

You can also give them orders by holding Right Mouse Button.

Whenever I open any menu for the guardian other than the first dog face menu my game lags heavily.
Any way to fix this?

Do they gonna work similar to mount? Increase the player height? (Thanks for the mod :3)
Yes and no.
Yes, they work similar to mount, and yes, increases the player height (the player will be higher, in comparission to the ground). The thing is, when mounted your guardian will not have an increase on tile collision height, so mounted or not, they can pass 3 tiles tall openings.

But before they allow you to mount on them, you'll have to build relationship with them, so they can be friend enough to allow you to do that. But that is easily acquired by playing the game with them following you, or doing their requests.

I have been using and i'm amused and enjoy the mod that i felt not that lonely.. since i was always playing offline with my bro.. but then times changes and we parted to university..
But then i felt this feelings that being around with only one NPC still make a hole on ma heart.
Can you make it so i can bring two or more npc ? So me and the boys could bang the skeletron's front door like a big gang? Hehh, WDYT ?

Also.. i'm asking for new sprites that more terraria like..

I have been using and i'm amused and enjoy the mod that i felt not that lonely.. since i was always playing offline with my bro.. but then times changes and we parted to university..
But then i felt this feelings that being around with only one NPC still make a hole on ma heart.
Can you make it so i can bring two or more npc ? So me and the boys could bang the skeletron's front door like a big gang? Hehh, WDYT ?

Also.. i'm asking for new sprites that more terraria like..
Heh, I know how's that, I have a number of friends who now adays are busy too, so I had to make something to enjoy the game by myself.

I was planning on allowing people to take a second companion with them, after I made a certain TerraGuardian be added (To try expanding the virtual plot of the mod). But that probably will take some time to make, so I guess I could try to make so you can take two with you earlier instead.

Another Terrarian companion is also planned, It's going to be a female companion that reeeeeeeeeally likes being around TerraGuardians, but I dunno when I'll be able to release it (or begin it).

Edit:. By the way, I built the TerraGuardians so very alike from humans, to give a friendly sight for those who are looking for a companion to help on the quest with. I don't think It'll help filling the hole in your heart, but at least It can try.

Oh man i have been playing this mod for soo long and i really like it and i'm furry now. however i reaaally would like that if you can decide in the mod options to put what misions you dont want they ask and the daedalus stormbow doesn't work. however this is a very good mod i really like it. Good Work doing this bro

Oh man i have been playing this mod for soo long and i really like it and i'm furry now. however i reaaally would like that if you can decide in the mod options to put what misions you dont want they ask and the daedalus stormbow doesn't work. however this is a very good mod i really like it. Good Work doing this bro
What missions you don't want them to ask, eh? What kind of missions for example? Because at least in my case, some of the critter capturing missions are awful.

Also, the reason why the Daedalus Stormbow doesn't work, is because... I tried to make it work.
I guess I'll have to try harder, hehe.

What missions you don't want them to ask, eh? What kind of missions for example? Because at least in my case, some of the critter capturing missions are awful.

Also, the reason why the Daedalus Stormbow doesn't work, is because... I tried to make it work.
I guess I'll have to try harder, hehe.
Well missions like X=Want to explore some more, cause y'know i only play with blue. mission like X=Kill X creature, y'know

And I have find Something curious too and it is that i equip her an item called ocean crest from thorium and it is assumed to give waterbreathing and NO and she doesn't want to drink her gills potions so i have to dissmis her ;-; cause i want to explore the abyss

Well missions like X=Want to explore some more, cause y'know i only play with blue. mission like X=Kill X creature, y'know
You can simply ignore those missions.
And I have find Something curious too and it is that i equip her an item called ocean crest from thorium and it is assumed to give waterbreathing and NO and she doesn't want to drink her gills potions so i have to dissmis her ;-; cause i want to explore the abyss
What about giving a Neptune's Shell instead? Also, use the order menu by holding right mouse button, and tell her to drink the potion.

Does this update turns Terraria into a open world raid game?
Fixed some of Brutus dialogues not having asterisks.
Guardians will no longer try to hold offhand items while cursed.
Blue has a chance of spawning as a initial guardian, when you create a new world.
Due to that, Rococo also has a chance of spawning as a recruitable guardian in the world.​
Weapons like Clockwork Assault Rifle will no longer be overclocked when used by the guardian.
Fixed the incidence of the guardian being pulled back to you, right after It was just pulled.
Minor reduction on the mod memory usage.
Guardian sprites will no longer be loaded with their base infos, will now be loaded only when the game is about to draw it.​
Guardians not drawn after a short period will now have their sprites unloaded.​
Guardians that can't move in to your world will now be shown on the end of your guardian list, and their name will be grayed.
Alex possibly will no longer make you fall in the sky anymore.
You can now have more than 1 guardian following you, but the allowance unlocks depending on the number of guardians met.
1 Extra guardians needs 3 Guardians met.​
2 Extra guardians needs 6 Guardians met.​
3 Extra guardians needs 10 Guardians met.​
The requirements may change in the future.​
Changed how the Confusion debuff afflicts your guardians when they are following you.
When following you, they will follow you on the inverse position they were following you. (Ex:. If they were behind you, they will be ahead. If ahead, behind).​
In combat, they will think that the monsters are on the oposite direction in comparission with you, eventually leading into them trying to melee the air.​
The "Use Healing Potion" command will now only be used by the guardian when the health is lower than 70%.
Each guardian following you increases the maximum monster spawn rate in 3, no matter where they are in the world.
The permission "Get Items I send to trash" now will try to give the items in the trash can to the guardians that has that permission open.
Added a new behavior: "Auto Sell when Inventory is full". Do I need to say more? The guardian will still need to allow you to send it to sell loot, and have a teleporting item on the inventory.
Be sure to backup your characters before trying the update. I tested the mod and didn't really found any character breaking bugs, but better be safe than sorry, I guess?

Now you can have multiple TerraGuardians following you, all of them will act as your assist guardians. The Main TerraGuardian still will have an important role, since some actions like taking control of them will only work with the main guardian.

Currently, the mod wont automatically place an assist guardian as the main TerraGuardian, when you dismiss the main guardian, but nothing stops you from dismissing and then calling back an assist guardian to set it as main.

Enjoy.

Edit:. I forgot to tell, there isn't really a need for Assist guardians on multiplayer, so I disabled them there. Maybe in the future... But multiplayer... I'm not sure how It is, If I were able to debug it... Though...

love having more than one guardian. I mainly play summoner so its like having a small army. i'm just wondering if it would be possible to have indicators for potions on assist guardians? it only shows for the main. Also, are there 10 guardians? would love to have 3 extra guardians running with me. If there aren't 10, then maybe the requirements can change is by locking the assist feature locked behind a friendship level of that guardian.

Last edited:
love having more than one guardian. I mainly play summoner so its like having a small army. i'm just wondering if it would be possible to have indicators for potions on assist guardians? it only shows for the main. Also, are there 10 guardians? would love to have 3 extra guardians running with me. If there aren't 10, then maybe the requirements can change is by locking the assist feature locked behind a friendship level of that guardian.
The mod doesn't yet have 10 guardians. Currently, you can recruit 8 Guardians, but 2 more will be coming in future updates, but before I launch them, I'll have to fix the memory usage issue.

The requirements on the number of guardians is temporary. It will be under effect until I find out an idea on how I can increase the maximum number of guardians you can have, without breaking the gameplay, or nag it. But I can try to lower the requirement to 8 guardians for now. The Idea I had at the moment for the future requirement, is having a kind of "super friendship level", which takes the friendship levels you acquired from the guardians, to increase that "super friendship level" of the player.

I also had thoughts about showing the buffs on assist guardians, but I feared that the left side of the screen would be cluttered with information If I added buffs just like to the main guardian. I'll manage to think of something to show buffs on assist guardians, beside I guess I should try making a "slim" version of their info hud.

Back
Top Bottom