tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

I was hoping to see something like this! I love the idea of N Terraria's Npplayers, being able to make one of our other characters an AI teammate, and kind of hope a version of it comes to us someday, but I use a lot of tModLoader stuff and don't want to abandon it.

Maybe for something simple, a couple monsters could be converted into TerraGuardians, like a lamia or chaos elemental, unless they can only be big like Rococo. Still reading through things here.

Oh! I don't know if there's a way to heal a TerraGuardian but maybe making it compatible with Thorium's healer equipment would be nice.
Ninja'd!

Well, It would not be possible to make npplayers mod with tModLoader, due to the fact that they would behave like the other players in multiplayer, being immune to anything, and only hooking few damages. That unless several changes were done on tModLoader source itself, and since I don't want to make the developers pull their hair trying to make it possible for me to make the Npplayers, I created my own character system, which is independent of the player, npcs and projectiles, at the cost of literally having to "recreate" them.

As for the idea of making some Terraria monsters into TerraGuardians, that's actually a good idea, I kind of thought about that possibility, even more since they aren't restricted to being big like Rococo is (Actually, If I mess with the system codes, diverse sizes of TerraGuardians can be possible, from extra small to giant ones).

As for healing them through mod stuff, currently that isn't possible, It would be necessary to add compatibility to Thorium mod, but currently I'm still developing the mod systems, so there isn't much of a time to add compatibilities. I even were wanting to add Terraria Leveled compatibility, so the Guardian could catch up with my character.

New version is out. Yeah, I'm trying different update calls.

Made a number of fixes to the Guardian order interface, It will now try to avoid bothering you when doing different things.
I've made a change on the hand the Guardian will try using when holding an off hand item.
Added a new Off Hand item, the Giant Lantern. Can be crafted out of iron.
Added 2 new heavy weapons: The Blade of Light, and the Chlorophyte Crescent Axe.
The Guardians now gains fall damage reduction bonus from friendship level. Rococo acquires it on level 15.
The Guardian will no longer be a sitting duck when put in Guard Mode, while the player is away from it.
It will no longer teleport to your location when It keep swinging it's sword in combat, without leaving the same tile position.
Added support for TerrariaLeveled. The Guardians will now gain a status proportional to the player level.
The Guardian will no longer stack damage multipliers when the status is recalculated.
Added partially a TerrariaLeveled compatibility. The Guardian will try to follow up your level, but sadly will grow weaker as the levels increases.
It will no longer be impossible to see the orders names when there's only 2 orders disponible.
If you leave your Terra Guardian using one handed weapons and a Giant Lantern, you will not so early need to hold a torch on your hands.
Also, two hardmode heavy weapons were added too, the ranged weapons will be coming in the future, even more since I'm getting kind of sick of the dart thrower.

By the way, in the version 15 I've added a 2P mode, I've been unable to test it because I have no controller, but if someone manage to test it and see if it works, I'll be grateful.

The controls are:
Code:
Start = Enable/Disable Guardian control (or just 2P mode)
Left Thumbstick = Movement
Right Trigger = Action
Left and Right Shoulder = Change selected item
B = Jump
Right Thumbstick = Aiming
The controls are based on XBox controllers.

As for the TerrariaLeveled compatibility, I tried to make the status scaling work, but what I didn't counted on is the fact that the mod doesn't disponibilizes formula calculations, and has a lot of methods reserved for itself, so I had to try finding a way of scaling the Guardian status with the player.

Currently, the Guardian status will be boosted based on the player level, but the side effect is that the Guardian will grow weaker compared to the player as the level increases. Includding also the fact that potions will not have a increase in their healing value, so the highest grade potion in the mod will not restore much of the Guardian level, at higher levels.

At least trying to port the mod allowed me to find out that the damage multipliers weren't resetting after the guardian status are recalculated.

Well, enjoy.

Wall of Text launched.

Some items like Life Crystals will no longer appear to be rotated when used by the Guardians.
Rococo gained a visual change.
Not only gave a mouse to the Guardian use, but also gave it a cursor, which will be visible on 2P mode.
I've added a frame delay for the attack animations of the Guardian, so when using consecutive attacks, you wont see the standing animation for a frame.
Upon reaching Friendship level 9 with Rococo, you gain a damage reduction bonus while mounted on him.
Fixed a bug where the defense rate given by the Frozen Turtle Shell wasn't working.
Fixes related to ranged weapons placement on the Guardian hand were implemented.
Now the Guardian can use ranged weapons the player can use. There is no ammo requirement for using it, but the weapon full potential is only unlocked by having it.
The Fall damage is now less hard on the Guardian, and on you, if mounted.
Rococo's maximum life has been nerfed.
Travelling requests will now ask you to walk longer distances depending on the friendship level.
Changed the way Cover works, now the Guardian will no longer teleport to your location when you get hurt
Changed the way the Guardian tries to catch up on you. Now instead of teleporting, It will be pulled by a chain to your direction, and will be suspended by it if you are in the air.
You can no longer activate Player Control on your Guardian anywhere you want, now you need to be close to it.
Added two orders: one forces the Guardian to go to your location, the other allows you to take control of the Guardian actions.
You will no longer be protected by Cover by staying far away from the Guardian.
Your Guardian now gains 20 Cover Rate if your character is mounted on it.
Monsters will no longer ignore you because you have dismissed your Guardian.
Wings! Yep, the Guardians can now use wings, player wings.
Rococo gained better mobility.
Added two new Guardian behavior toggles: Passive and Attack my Target.
New TerraGuardian added: Blue.
Met TerraGuardians can now move in, just be sure to have a house tall enough for them to live.
The Dryad now can give tips on how to find new TerraGuardians, you just don't have to worry about that for Rococo.
The Guardians now takes longer before getting tired of it's current request.
They also now has their own time for new request spawning.
Various npcs, includding the Guardians themselves, has their own dialogues.
Your character will no longer use it's selected item while browsing the Guardian list.
The Guardian will not gain defense from equipments right now for testing purpose, but will gain some bonus defense/defense rate based on the progression in the world.
Be sure to give feedbacks about this.
They also gains a damage bonus depending on the progress through the world.
Due to having more than one Guardian disponible, now the Request window will show request information for all Guardians that have one, but you can only report the quest through the menu if the Guardian is following you.

Well, If you have read the entire spoiler above, reading all the changes that have came with the update, and still has energy to read my personal comments about the mod development, then I must congratulate you for your heroic act.

This new update introduces a new Guardian.
Guys, meet Blue, the Wolf Guardian.
blue1.png

You may just think "ah, another guardian, nice", but actually she's the one who made the possibility of having multiple guardians saved on your character be possible, and not only that, but also the fact that now you can have the guardians move to a house you build, so even if they aren't travelling with you, they will be interacting with the nearby npcs, and possibly protecting them from dangers. Well, that is, If you be able to find them first, but no worry, Rococo is still obtainable no matter if you found him or not, you just need to build him a house and then talk to him, then he'll join your fight.

Also, I envy you a bit, because not only you will have another Guardian to gear and everything, but also will have to give her life crystals and life fruits to make her catch up on your status. But of course that you have already farmed for those before her launch, right?

Blue is also disponible for calling to your adventures right after finding her. Well... If you found her first. But no worries, I'm sure the Dryad will be able to give you a tip on how you can make her show up, as soon as you beat a certain requirement... So if you don't see a clue about how she spawns after spamming the Dryad's dialogue repeatedly, then you probably didn't met the requirement, which is... Oops, I nearly said what was it, but well, If you played at least a bit the game, you'll beat that requirement eventually, or it will come to make you beat it anyway. Either way It's win-win.

Spriting her was a challenge too, because I wanted to make the anatomy be kind of a female character, but not end up making something that would rise the age rating of the mod, so I've had to do a "shirt" effect on her... chest.

The wings are also in, the Guardians doesn't yet have an AI to make full use of it, beside will be helpful if they end up in a melee combat against a flying boss, but don't expect the wing flap sounds to happen, because I still didn't found yet where the code for that is on Terraria codes (beside that's also part of the reason why Rocket Boots still wont work).

The reason why I made the armor give no status boost to the Guardian currently, is to test the reaction as to what would happen if their status were instead connected to the world progress, so they grow stronger as you go far in the world. I will return the armor defense bonus in the future, but for now, don't think about removing the gear, since when the armor sets starts giving defense again, It will be troublesome to craft it all again, even more since their recipe is grindy.

The Guardians also has the ability of using magic weapons, but currently, I don't have any idea of occasion they should use it, since would be like using a ranged weapon, since both works kind of the same, because the magic weapons don't requires mana for the Guardian to use. So I still need to think about what I will do to those Magic weapons, so they fit in the combat, with the melee and ranged weapons. I'll have to think about that.

Also, possibly the next Guardian to come will be smaller than the player is, but no promisses, that may change on the way. Beside spriting smaller characters may give me less troubles than big characters, like Rococo and Blue, right?

Well, that's all for the update news. Enjoy the gameplay, and good luck finding Blue, you'll need it.

Last edited:
Ops, my bad for the double post, but It's important:
I've launched a hotfix that makes so your character can actually get wet for longer than a frame.

If you downloaded the mod before the hotfix, be sure to download the mod again.

This issue will bother those who dislikes consecutive splash sounds when the player is underwater, aswell as those who have Merman transformation accessories, because It will not trigger due to that.

It's funny that I've played the mod for a looooooong time before launching the update, but right after the update was released, I noticed the bug, hahaha.

Buffs have landed.
Changed the animation of Blue's right(left, for us) arm when walking.
Reduced the frequency some of the guardian talking about another guardian messages shows up.
The guardians can now be afflicted by debuffs.
Fixed the fact that accessories were giving the incorrect speed value for the guardian status.
Changed some clunky dialogues to have some better writing.
Added dialogues to the Tax Collector and Bartender.
The guardian can now gain friendship level for participating of the combat.
Guardians no longer get less damage from being hurt by spikes.
Instead of getting hurt overtime, the guardian will gain the respective debuff when colling hot tiles, or inside falling blocks.
Guardians are now affected by cobwebs.
The guardians no longer asks you to clean your inventory.
You can now receive Herb Bags as reward from the Guardians requests.
Now the guardian requests will give goodie bag or gift box as an extra reward, if their respective event is up, instead of having the chance to come when getting a box as reward.
Guardian NPCs no longer get removed from the world after dying. And they will also respawn in their house.
Guardians will no longer attempt to teleport to your location when you're dead.
Guardian NPCs now share the same status, items and etceteras as the guardians you have on your list... On single player.
If you have a certain guardian invoked, the npc relative of it will be invisible.
Made the one handed sword usage from the guardian less exquisite on the end.
Guardians now gained a fall damage protection if they were just pulled to the player position.
Removed one of the Guardians only weakness: 3 tiles tall spaces.
Tweaked movement accessories, alongside the swimming ability of the guardian. Possibly will be less annoying to handle both, now.
Big guardians now receives increased fall damage when falling from high places.
Guardian Order fixed. Now it should allow you to pick orders correctly from it.
Fixed a bug that made your character lose immunity time after your guardian shot.
Fixed guardian swimming animations aswell.
Reduced the time it takes for a new request to pop up.
Your character will no longer get consecutive damage from multiple enemies, or the same projectile.
The Guardian will no longer use the arm it uses to hold you when mounted when swims.
Say goodbye to the request that asks you to get a crimson fish.
Hearts and other life restoring pickups now affects your Guardian, even if you are with maximum health.
The Nurse now fully heals your Guardian, aswell as charge an extra to heal it too.
Your Guardians will now respawn with their initial health, instead of full health. Player like.
Wings now have sound when used by Guardians.
Guardians can now use Rocket boots.
If you leave the world while your Guardian has been knocked out, It will spawn with 1 hp on the next time you enter the game.
Big Guardians now stacks damages from enemies inside their hitbox. But medium and smaller guardians will still be hurt by the toughest enemy inside their hit box.
The guardian will now try to avoid leaving the guarding position when set to Guard mode.
If the guardian sees that you leaving it killing creatures while in guard mode, and you are afk near it, It wont like that.
Guardians now comes out of water dripping for a few seconds.
Guardians can now use player healing potions, but at least for big guardians, they wont be much helpful.
Guardians can now be renamed.

Buffs and debuffs! Were you waiting for that? Well, here it is. Beside, most likelly you'll only notice the debuffs, unless you've got some accessories and equipped them on your guardian.

Your guardian weapons now inflicts debuffs too, and by that I mean the melee weapons, but I don't know if modded weapons will inflict debuff, even more because I'm running tmodloader without any content adding mod (Ex:. Thorium, Calamity, etc.). Don't judge me, If I could I would try playing with them, but my pc is way too low end to support mods that adds too many stuff, so the only mods I've got running are some that changes some stuff in the game, or removes annoyances (mana).

Blue got a little change on her sprite, aswell as some dialogues on the npcs about the guardians have been changed, If there still be some weird dialogue, be sure to tell me.

Well, by the way things are going, I guess soon enough your Guardians will be able to use player gear, aswell as equip pets and have all those stuffs, depending on how I end up implementing such features. I only fear that it will shift their play style to class based like Terrarians does, instead of being a more "free way", at least in my opnion that is the sad part.

I've also fixed the bug that caused your character to get multi hit sometimes when your guardian is shotting something, I were trying to fix an issue where when the guardian uses a weapon with explosive projectiles like rockets, the rocket would hurt the player if the player is near the area of the explosion, the problem is that the bug caused trying to fix that was way more troublesome than being exploded by a rocket, so I had to remove that.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the wall of text, and there's a lot more for me to work on the mod, I just shouldn't forget to spend some time enjoying the mod, but the way Terraria progress is being so fast, I'm getting on the end game of Terraria sooner than getting my guardians ready, so that's kind of making me sad when playing the game.

If there were a way of slowing down the game progress a bit, without nagging it...

Well, I'll keep wondering what if, have fun playing with your guardians, and be ready for the third one (beside I still need to start spriting it).

N'joy!

Last edited:
Personally I'd add a bit more eye detail, though there's only so much space to work with, and pictures I looked up of a tanuki and a raccoon didn't really have much to their eyes other than brown.

Other than that, this is coming along nicely. Looking forward to what other guardians come out.
Still kind of hoping for something like a lamia, or a medusa maybe.
Lamia.png
Medusa.png

Goblins could probably work too. There's lots of them after all. One or more of them might change their tune after an invasion.
Goblin_Scout.png
Goblin_Peon.png
Goblin_Warrior.png
Goblin_Thief.png
Goblin_Archer.png
Goblin_Sorcerer.png
Goblin_Summoner.png

There's also the thought of maybe a rocky earth elemental or golem. Those could work well as large guardians.

Also, it's still early in my current run, but I'm seeing extra bonuses on TerraGuardian equipment, so "Even More Modifiers" might be useful for these companions. Bet I can upgrade it with "DNI Equipment Upgrade" too.
As for the eyes, I plan on changing their sprite in the future, making the guardians have eyes that have colors and eye browns, instead of the vertical black lines in their faces they have currently.
The guardians themselves doesn't necessarily follow up the idea of the animals they are based on, as an example, Rococo is an hybrid of humanoid and raccoon. Also includding the fact that he's actually planned to have red eyes. I'm not sure about Blue's eyes though, green maybe?

As for the other guardians ideas, another player also suggested some monsters as guardians, and I really liked the idea, I even had the idea of adding a lycantrope guardian to the mod, whose at the day is a goblin, and at the night is a werewolf, but before I do that, I still need to do some more work on the mod to support such a character. And I believe that the Lamias would go well in the mod too, but I dunno about Medusa though, I'm already starting to think about bizarre dialogues you could have when talking to her.

And for other bonuses like the ones from "Even More Modifiers", would be necessary to add compatibility to it, because the Guardians in no way works the same way as the player, sometimes It does some masking on a player character to do some actions, like for example the buffs and debuffs, both inflicting and receiving, in the case of even more modifiers, would be necessary to "translate" the modifiers changes for the Guardians to make use of it.

Oh. Thought I was on to something, but alright.

Does Rococo have conditions? He didn't appear as soon as I began, because I added the mod after character and map creation.

Restarted since I wasn't that far along anyway. I see Rococo spawns at the start like the guide, and he's surprisingly pretty good. Even rewards us for helping with his requests. Got some early Sailfish Boots from wooden crates he gave me.

edit:
HAH! I just told Rococo to restore his health. I wasn't expecting the act of drinking a potion to be animated like that. Nice. Also he's doing well with trying to avoid getting too close to enemies when they're on both sides.

I see a few mistakes like "seeying" instead of "seeing", but not so bad. Also, guardians could probably benefit from that one bit of enemy behavior, where they jump when the target they're heading towards, player or enemy, is at a higher altitude than them, when approaching a ledge or descending terrain.

...and I just noticed Rococo as a villager becomes invisible when called to join you. The guide's talking to the wind.

edit:
Rococo's mount ability just unlocked. Pretty cool having a partner who can just lift you up like that. I gave him Hermes boots and a Bunny Foot and it makes him really helpful for getting around early on.

It's a little odd sometimes,
MHvCFek.png

but I still really like this. Just need to find the other guardian(s) next.

Someone in the tModLoader Discord:
"I imagine the racoon just... firing that lamia at high speeds towards someone."
The forum forgot to tell me about this new post...

Rococo doesn't have any requirement to spawn, If you want him to spawn on the world, you need to build a house big enough for him to live. Since you already have him, you can build a house and see if his head has the same distance as any other npc has from the ceiling.

I've added the potion animation for two reasons: One, is to not make it too easy for the Guardian to get Itself healed, so I didn't wanted to make a quick potion, like happens on Terraria. Second, the animation is cool, and the way the sound plays as it drink the potion, makes it really feel like as It's drinking the potion.

I've got a bit rusty on my grammar, so I'll have to get back to grinding it, If you feel like hunting for weird grammar or dialogue, feel free to. Just be sure to tell me about the issue.

As for him as villager being invisible, Is because I didn't found a way of actually "hiding" the npc mask of the guardian, without disabling it for good from the world, so the npc is actually at It's spawn position, but you can't really interact with it. But npcs can interact because the npc of the guardian actually exists and is there.

That bug of the character floating happens because the mounting player positioning and the collision are clashing with each other, so that kind of thing happens. At least he isn't preparing to fire you towards something.

Know what? This chat has really motivated me to continue going on, I'll try seeing if I can finish the third Guardian and release it any time soon.

Enjoy.

The potion animation definitely needs to stay, yes, it's awesome, and about the invisible villager bit, that's actually kind of similar to what was done for when we hire the Weapon Master in Thorium as a minion, except in his case, he remains visible, so there's two of him. Your method feels better and also avoids needing to re-set a home for them when they're dismissed.

Also reminded of Erazor in Shadows of Abaddon. You can fight him, but when you do, he stops existing as a villager and needs to have a home set again after the battle.

I know at least one person who'd love to see that. It'd be like Colossus and Wolverine.

Amusing, but probably not necessary, especially since you can either fly around or just have your companion carry you... though it might be interesting to have a guardian launch you before you actually take flight, for more air time. If it was done, it'd probably require using "Mount" first, then some sort of throw command, which would dismount and fling you a distance, but there'd be issues with aiming it, unless it was a delayed thing after selecting to throw.

Really though, what exists so far and what you've got planned is more than enough. I'm looking forward to seeing the next guardians, but I do have one thing that came to mind. For our tiny sprites, we're okay with straight arms because there's not much detail that can fit in, but with these large guardians, while they look great for the most part, their longer arms look a little strange being purely straight. I'd try to put a little bit of elbow in there.

Something like this, but a bit more refined.
Making the Guardian throw the player in the air so could give flight impulse, eh? That isn't a bad idea either. Beside that might end up being useful for the action system I've been developing in the mod, beside I still need to finish building it.

Adding an elbow to the arm isn't bad either, but I would need to study first how I would make that before trying to do such change, beside most likelly I would end up changing the entire arm sprite in the process but... Well, It's for better.

New Update is out!

Fixed a scale issue with the frozen and webbed effects on the guardian.
Also fixed the frozen effect opacity issue.
You can no longer mount/dismount or control/release control from a guardian that is frozen or petrified.
New guardian health interface, I hope you like it.
Fixed a bug related to the guardian checking of can actually shot a target.
Fixed some bugs where your guardian would still get debuff even during immunity time.
Say goodbye to the buff wheel.
I've changed how the stuck checker checks if the guardian is stuck. Probably will avoid many accidental move-to-player in combat.
The Guardian selection interface has been changed.
The guardian now blinks when under immunity time.
The command of telling the Guardian to either go ahead of you or following has been added back. You'll see it in the Order list.
The cursed debuff is now more annoying for your guardians.
The way npcs aggro works has been changed, so your character may not end up being ignored by monsters because the guardian is dead.
The guardian now spends 5 seconds dripping after leaving water, instead of 2.5 seconds. Not much of a important change, but visually saying...
Not only your guardian will be no longer way too close to you, but also will try following you correctly.
Your guardian will no longer eat all your bullets when trying to predict target position.
The guardian will no longer play hurt sounds when dodging attacks.
Fixed a confusion that happened when trying to get tips on how to find the TerraGuardians.
The ranged weapons holding point from the Guardians has changed.
The guardian will now try tossing a healing potion on you when you are hurt. Your guardian must have a healing potion (ones the player can use) in the inventory before can use it.
Fixed a bug related to guardian aggro on monsters.
Added two new orders for the Guardian: "Launch me in the air" and "Give me some height". They are accessible if your Guardian is a Large guardian, Launch me in the Air also needs you to be using wings to use.
A new Guardian has been added: Sardine, the Cat Guardian.
Armor equipments equipped on the guardian now gives status again.
Removed the progressive status bonus the guardians had.
Guardians can now equip player armors, but other than defense, they wont give the effects right now.
Guardian specific armors now are considered as Heavy Equipments, each piece reduces Attack Speed and Move Speed by 5%.
Guardians now predicts better where the enemy might go when attacking.
The accuracy status is now more Guardian dependant.

Here it is, the update. It not only fixes a few messes I've made on the last patch, but also added some new stuff.
One of the new stuff you'll mention is that two interfaces have changed, I guess you guys will like it... Or maybe will not end up liking? We'll see.

Also, this patch brings the new TerraGuardian:

Sardine, The Cat Guardian
Cait Sith1.png
He calls himself a bounty hunter, but actually he's an adventurer that has travelled through many worlds. Due to constant travelling through worlds, he forgot which world his house is at, so he may not end up going home so soon, unless he ends up finding it on his travels, maybe?

Compared to Blue and Rococo, and even the Terrarian itself, he's weaker in constitution, so he has lower health. But to compensate that, he also has good agility and a bonus of 40% dodge rate, so there is a bit more than 1/3 of chance of denying all kinds of damage that tries to affect him.

Speaking more about the update, It introduces a system I've been developing quite some time, which is the Action system. The action system causes an entirelly different behavior to the Guardian when It's active, so part of it's AI may be ignored in the process. Two of those actions are "Give me some Height", which makes so the Guardian pick up the player and rise him as high as he can, so the player can jump from a higher place; and the "Launch me in the Air", which the Guardian picks up the player and tosses upwards to the direction it's facing.

I've also took the liberty of adding a bizarre reaction that happens when the Guardian tries to lift up the player, and there's blocks in the way the player ends up at after the Guardian rises it up, where the player gets a minor health damage, and the guardian then lowers the player, while having sweat emotes on the head, like "Oops.". I did that in such a funny way,that I were making my character get hurt several times during my testing gameplays because of how bizarre that is. I guess I should try to add more bizarre consequences on future actions that are added in the future.

The accuracy status is now more meaningful for the Guardians, beside currently you can't see it, but It will be under effect. I feel sorry for you If you are trying to make Rococo be a ranger, though. I don't discourage using him as a ranger, but... Well... The Arms Dealer gave a hint.

Another thing you have to mind is that now armors, includding armors added by the mod, now gives back defense, alongside the fact that the guardian can now equip player armors, but currently they will have no effect when equipped.
To make things a bit more balanced related to the guardian armors, I made them be recognized as Heavy Equipments, even more since they are waaaaaaaaay more powerful than player armor, is that now they give a speed penalty to both movement and melee attack speed, but the penalty goes up to 15% when the guardian is wearing full set, so isn't a thing to pull the hair off for. I may end up needing to increase the penalty in the future, If I find out that the penalty isn't that much of a side effect for using a full heavy armor, even more because of how high the defense they give is.

As for the future, due to having allowed the guardians to wear player equipments, that also means I'll have to "port" the equipments status bonus to the guardians, so they also benefit from the equipments. Without counting that several weapons also needs their effect implemented too, to avoid a normally shotting Daedalic Bow, and a Megashark like Clockwork Assault Rifle.

I'll also have to finish making the skills system which will mess with the guardian overall attributes. The skill system in theory increases as the guardian does certain action, like for example shotting, but as the skill levels increases, It should be harder for the skills to increase in level, but I'm trying to find a way of avoiding that percentage of reaching 0% or lower, so even with skills at higher levels, your guardian can still train the skill. I guess I'll eventually find a solution to this, maybe I'll have to build a graphic or something.

And yes, I know that the mod should have support to multiplayer, wouldn't be fun if you could play with guardians alongside your friends, but there is no way I can debug it right now, so would be a shot in the dark If I tried to develop it right now.

I've also been thinking about the possibility of allowing modders to create support for TerraGuardians mod, by allowing their mods to mess with status and stuff, but first, I need to think how I could allow them to do that, and what method to use.

And, the mod development may end up being slowed down a bit, because I'll have to share development time with my game project, which has been for about 1 month paused in development, so I'll have to get back to messing with it, because I also want that project to see the light of day, and the eyes of It's future players. If you are curious about what is my game project, check out my signature and you'll see it.

Well guys, enjoy the update.

Edit:. Here a video showcasing him in combat.

Last edited:
IecTmfN.jpg

You may be wondering now: "What's the point of that image?" or "Why are they throwing a party for?", and I'll tell you why: TerraGuardians mod gained another update.
Fixed Blue's left arm position.
Improved Blue and Sardine's Accuracy.
Fixed the melee attack damage bonus from the Guardian, now it no longer inflicts extremelly low damage if the weapon multi hits.
You can no longer ask your guardian to lift you up, or launch you in the air while mounted.
Fixed weird drowning hitbox.
Curse debuff annoying effect is now 67% less annoying.
The guardians can no longer be hurt by enemies, or even attack when being pulled by the player. But they will be able to if they are suspended by the chain.
Nerfed Sardine's attack speed bonus: Instead of 25% attack speed bonus, now he gets only 15%... As If that was a low number...
Guardians mounted on the player will now be able to gain friendship through travelling, too.
The guardian will gain a move speed penalty if the player is mounted on it, the inverse also happens to the player, if the guardian is mounted on the player.
Currently, all guardians movement speed reduction is of 5%.
The guardians will now check if they had a change on off hand items when you mess with the first row of the inventory.,
Added an order to make your Guardian use buff potions.
Added some item description on the guardian inventory hud script, but wont show tooltips right now.
Guardians that mounts on your character, like Sardine does, now has the correct placement when the player is using a mount.
The same is also valid for minecarts, they will also get rotated if the minecart does.
I took the liberty of adding an option which you can choose if your Guardian will remain on your character shoulder, or sitting on your mount, when the player is using a mount.
Item placement when the guardian is attacking while in a minecart that has been rotated is broken.

To not create a glossary like happens in other news, I'll try to keep things clear and less lengthy about the dev stuff of the mod.

• This update adds fixes and tweaks to Sardine's mounted position, when the player is using a mount or minecart, but item placement when the guardian is rotated is still bugged, so please bear with it for now.
  • Due to a Goblin Army I've had a while ago in my world, I noticed that the Guardians that are currently in their houses, are a great way of protecting your town npcs from menaces, because If they end up hurt or seeying the enemy, they will try killing them with whatever weapons they are using. If I add a trigger for their AI to check if an town npc has been hurt latelly...
  • The melee combat AI is still bugged vertically wise, the guardian doesn't correctly check if the enemy is in the vertical range of the attack, so if an enemy is above or bellow it, It will attack without thought.
  • One problem the mod has currently is related to Life Crystals. Finding them isn't that hard, but in each world their count is limited. I'll find out a way of making it a bit more easier to acquire them. I don't really mind much about the life fruits, since they respawn, so no problem.
  • Since now the Guardians that mounts on the player has their position set correctly (or almost) when the player is using a mount, I took the liberty to add an option so you can make the Guardian sitdown on the mount, instead of staying on your character shoulder. I passed quite some time thinking if the guardian should be on the player shoulder or sitting on the mount when the player has a mount active, but decided to add that as an in-game option, so you decide what is the best.
  • The speed reduction when the mounting ability is used on the Guardian, is to implement a kind of penalty for making use of it, but due to how small the penalty is currently, even more since both big guardians are kind of strong, and the Terrarian itself is able to bear the burden caused by a big cat on his shoulders, the penalty is of 5%. But future guardians may give a harder speed penalty on the player.
  • During my latest gameplays, I've noticed that the hitbox of the drowning script of the guardian was broken, so if the Guardian had a wall to his right, he would be able to breath. That bug was fixed, though.
  • The melee damage bug is also fixed, I tried to compensate multi hitting weapons by making so their damages increases based on the number of hits it inflicts during a full animation. It went wrong. But now It is fixed, so feel free to make your Guardians tanky again.
  • What would be the next guardian? Well, that's current question. During my gameplay I may end up finding an idea, but you may try giving an idea.
  • Currently there are only 3 guardians on the mod, but If more and more gets added, it may cause a overpopulation problem on the world, that's something I'll have to think about how to solve in the future.
  • I actually wanted to add support for other mods to add scripts to run on this mod, so balancing and other stuffs would be possible on the mod, but I still need to think how I'll make it possible.
Well, that's all. Enjoy the update.

I may end up making a dungeon gameplay video of Blue, by the way. It's unfair if Rococo and Sardine gets a showcasing video, but Blue doesn't get one.

I see you've got it uploaded to tModLoader now. Nice. Hopefully more people will notice it and give it a try.

The command selection feels better now. I was accidentally making Rococo use a healing potion when I called him come to my position.

Thought in my head: Is there any way to make having a guardian's inventory open treated like viewing the inside of a chest? I mean like how if we shift-click an item, it goes into the chest rather than the trash.

Also noticing that, if a guardian were a player, and we're offscreen for them, enemies will appear in that area sometimes, which is amusing, but that's just a thing that happens even in multiplayer.
The command selection currently still has a few recurring bugs, like some options bugging out when trying to select them.

I can try to implement shift+click command on the mod for inventory to guardian inventory placement, we just will have to hope that the quick trash command doesn't be activated before the script of the guardian hud.

And the TerraGuardians has no kind of multiplayer syncronization right now, so I recommend you to make minimum use of them, because that will cause bugs. Beside the maximum that could happen for carrying a Guardian with you on the multiplayer, would be the other players seeing monsters taking "ghost damage" on their screen.

And... I guess Rococo and Blue will end up receiving a nerf on their max health. Possibly Rococo's initial health will go from 400 to 200, aswell as the health bonus acquired from life crystals and life fruits rebalanced to the changes.

Actually I've been playing solo mostly, and I remember your note about this not working in multiplayer, but I remember the few times I played with people where that spawning thing happened.

...And I just noticed we can rename the guardians. That's cool.
That came about 2 or 3 updates ago, but I remember that I forgot to place a note about that on the change log, so it appeared quite late.

And update a new update is successfully out.
Guardians now restores breath while underwater, if they have water breathing effects.
Hours and minutes added to the buff counter from the guardian status interface.
Buffs are now saved with the guardian.
Rococo and Blue gained max health nerf.
Implemented some more detailed death messages to the game.
The Guardians will now try to automatically eat food in their inventory when they don't have the well fed buff.
The request of the currently summoned guardian will be shown above the other guardians requests.
There will be a chance of the Guardian giving you a quest that requires it to be following you while doing It's objective.
Possibly fixed a bug related to wave events like the Pumpkin Moon.
You can now check the guardian Accuracy on the equipment window.
Fixed a bug related to player position when controlling the guardian. The player will no longer be taking ghost damage from the sand while on top of it.
The guardian following you will now keep being pulled by the chain while your character is mounted on a mine cart.
The game will now try to spawn monsters for the guardian in the guardian position if the guardian is far away from the player, otherwise the monster will spawn based on the player position.
Provocation Badge drop rate reduced severelly.
Talk quests now includes more dialogue.
Guardians will now auto drink alchoolic stuff like Ale, if there is some in his inventory.
Guardians will also gain friendship points if they eat food or drink alchoolic items a certain number of times. Keep food stacked.
Using the Jump bottles no longer instantly triggers the rocket boots, but...
Guardian skills implemented, they will level up the skills based on actions related to them.
Leveling up the skills increases some attributes from the Guardian, so It will get tougher or better at some things.
It gets harder to level up all skills based on the level of all skills.
The guardians will now try to keep up when following you.
You will be unable to select or change the currently in use item of the Guardian from their inventory, instead of the entire inventory row.
You can now move items from the Guardian inventory to your inventory by shift clicking it. But can't do vice versa.
You can now allow your Guardian to pick up items. But this needs further testing, so expect to eventually find a bug (and report them, if you spot them).
Your guardians will no longer keep buffs post-morthem.
You can now make use of the requests button even if you have no guardian summoned.
You no longer land safelly when your guardian dies from fall damage while mounted.
Skills! Now the guardians has Skills, but differently from many games you may have passed though, those skills are kind of passives, whose level up as your guardian does something related to it. The guardians will gain an extra status boost from leveling up those skills, but the status boost is kind of minimal, so they wont get underpowered or overpowered for grinding them. I don't recommend you to try "grinding" those skills, though, because not only that would be tedious, but you may also end up breaking part of that guardian gameplay style by accident.

Now your Guardians can also eat food or drink alchoolic stuff if those are in their inventory, and the effect isn't active. As they keep using it when necessary, your relationship with them will improve, for caring about their well being.

I've also fixed some issues with the looting ability of them, so due to that, I've been able to allow you to toggle if your guardians can loot items or not. If you set that on, they will not only be able to pick up the items, but also try getting items near them, so if you have problems with overcrowded inventory, like me, It's a good idea to have those guys help you with the loot.

The guardians will also be able to follow you, without acting like a car accelerating on the wrong mach (or something). It feels more like as if they are following you. Also, you no longer will be unharmed if your guardian dies from fall damage while mounted on it.

Well, as for the current mod development discussion...

I guess I'll implement a Mana system for the Guardians, since I didn't had any other idea of how the guardian magic weapon could work. But on other hand, I'm thinking about a "prefference" toggle option for the guardian to make use of when picking which attack to use, so:
If the guardian weapon prefference is about using magic attack instead of ranged, the guardian will try using magic attack until the mana runs out, then It will try using ranged attack, until the mana is filled and it can use magic attack again. The same could also happen if the ranged attack has prefference on the magic. But that lead me into thinking... Wait a moment... What if your guardian has several bullets? You will less likelly see the guardian using the magic weapon... Even more since the guardians can use ranged weapons without ammo cost. Looks like I'll have to give some more thought about this.

As for the guardians that are in your village, I plan on tweaking their idle behavior, because staying in their house during the day must be really boring. I wonder what kind of activities they could do...

Well, more thinking for me. Enjoy the update.
Be sure to share a photo of your buddy guardian if possible.

What? Wasn't expecting this?
Your guardian will no longer ignore you and try chasing nearest loot when you are mounted on it.
Guardians will now attempt to get hearts and mana crystals from the floor when they feel that It's necessary to.
While mounted on the Guardian, items on the floor will be pulled toward you.
Nerfed the accuracy percentage given by skills.
Buffed Athletics skill leveling.
You can now change the item in the inventory slot whose the guardian is selecting for usage.
You can no longer move nothing with shift click on your guardian inventory.
I've changed the Travelling request in the following things:
Now It speficies that you need to have the guardian summoned to do the objective.
Changed It's text, and It will no longer tell you how many steps more you need to take to complete. Instead, a message will appear telling you when you finished it.
Now it will also count the distance travelled if the guardian is mounted on you.
Reduced the vertical distance necessary for your guardian to be pulled to your position.
Fixed a collision issue the guardian had when moving in the direction of a certain slope.
Increased the chance of acquiring Life Crystals from guardian requests.
Your guardians can now make use of thrown weapons.
Thrown weapons will inflict ranged based damage, and will be treated as one on the guardian ai.
That doesn't means that is a good idea to give grenades to your guardian.
Your guardian will no longer get a block rate boost from the Endurance skill without having any block point.
Block rate and Dodge rate acquired from skills have been nerfed.
Fixed some problems related to Blue's legs.
This patch fixes an issue that was plaguing the mod since before launch, where the guardian kept being pushed one tile backward when moving in the direction of a slope, when moving to the right. If I had noticed earlier that I used the wrong width variable on that collision checking, that issue wouldn't even be in the mod at all.

Also, I discovered what was wrong with Blue's sprites, her legs were a pixel away from her body, each leg, each a different pixel of distance, the left leg being a pixel to the left, and the right leg being a pixel to the right. I've fixed that problem, and as a result, Blue no longer has... Advantage. Her sprite now looks a lot like Rococo's sprite, but of course, with the obviously visible changes.

I've also readjusted some skills effects, because their bonuses were absurd, having an about 150 Ballistic Blue caused her to have 100% of accuracy. Now It'll be somewhat slower for the accuracy to increase, but not impossible.

I've increased the chance of acquiring Life Crystals from Guardian requests aswell, because It's kind of painful having to search through the world for life crystals. Let's do the math:
Your newly created character needs 15 Life Crystals to reach 400 Max Life, and so does your Guardians, whose are 3, If you acquire 15 Life Crystals for the Guardians and yourself, then you'll need: 15 * 4 = 60 Life Crystals. Wonder searching through the world to find Life Crystals? Beside, maybe I could try to reimplement something that a season of N Terraria had, where the Life Crystals could spawn on the world as you play, maybe that could work for the Guardians dillema (and maybe even make some pots spawn too).

The Block rate acquisition from skills has been set so you can only gain it if your Guardian previously had Block rate, so your guardian needs a shield to be able to gain Block rate.

Well, that's all, folks!

I have a feeling that you guys will hate me for this... I'm not talking about the fact that I launched a new update for the mod, that is aways good, you know. I'm talking about the patch note size...
Guardians now will not try chasing loot while you're mounted, for sure.
Guardians will no longer trigger the hermes boots effect when moving towards monsters when attempting melee combat.
The guardian inventory will no longer try to show information about empty slots.
Not only guardians have mana now, but they also can use Mana Crystals.
Looks like the guardian "prediction" of where the monster will go was bugged, fix coming with this update.
Guardians can now acquire items while the player is mounted, if they are allowed to keep those items. But first, It will be checked if the player can get it.
Reduced the health percentage needed for the guardians to seek Hearts from 75% to 50% of either player or guardian health or lower.
I've added an option that allows you to set your Guardian size to the player size, just go in their AI settings.
The Titan potion has an extra effect on your Guardian.
Increased the variable time for a new guardian request to pop up from 5~15 minutes, to 10~20 minutes.
Removed the messages that appears when starting to control the guardian.
You will now only receive notifications of skill level increase on your guardian for every 25 skill level increases, instead of 10.
Fixed Sardine's NPC head direction, now he'll look the direction he's facing on the minimap.
The guardians now move when the player is disabled for some reason (Petrified, Frozen...) while mounted.
Guardians can now use Spears and Boomerangs, and possibly other weapons too.
Spears are kind of functional right now, but they aren't being scaled.
Boomerangs have no cap on how many they will toss right now.
The Dryad now sells Rename Card, using it while having the guardian you want to change the name will reset It's name back to default, allowing you to change it again.
Guardians now has an AI to use magic weapons, but due to how simple it is, they will preffer to use it over going ranged or melee attacking.
Removed the friendship heart displayed on the request window, It wasn't showing the actual friendship level and progress of the guardians.
Fixed an item positioning issue for actions that needs the guardian to use both hands.
You will now gain more rewards based on the friendship level, when completting a guardian request.
Improved guardian item pulling range, when they can loot items.
Guardians are now affected by Confusion debuff.
Other mods status changes will no longer be affected by the guardian skill levels.
You can now equip a Dye on your guardian to change their body color and effect. I'm sure you'll make all your guardians have different or same dye colors, right?
I've changed the friendship bond effect to the following instead:
Your guardian will no longer receive a boost on all attack status based on a sum of all the player status stacked together, instead, the guardian will gain 5% damage bonus on all attack status.
Instead of gaining 20% of the player defense, will now gain only 5 defense points.
It's a friendship bond, so It means that now the player will be benefited from it too.
Your guardian is now able to move while swinging a heavy weapon, while It's in the air.
Fixed a situation that could end up causing crash when a guardian was hurt or shotting something.
Fixed a bug which results in Talk requests never happening.
I've made the following changes on the request system:
Removed a requirement of fishing up Salmon from the guardian requests, due to how annoying it is to fullfull, even more depending on the world size.
The quests asking to kill Giant Worms, both pre and pos hardmode will be considered as "rare monsters", so you need to kill less of those monsters to complete.
I increased the number of monsters of "normal type" you need to kill for hunt requests.
Added synonymous ids for the killed monster checking, so if you kill a variant of a monster, it counts too. There may be monsters missing, tell me if you find one not counting.
Guardians now has the chance of asking you to hunt, if you beat the requirement: Blood Crawler, Werewolf, Demon, Fire Imp, Hell Bat, Shark, Pink Jellifish, Harpy, Wyvern, Hornet, Piranha, Antlion, Lava Bat, Ice Tortoise, Wolf, Icy Merman, Several dungeon enemies.
Stacks of gems requested by the guardian were reduced. Instead of by default asking for 3 gems, they will start asking only 1, then progressivelly ask for more. (Gems doesn't grows on trees)
Guardians now asks you to collect critters, if you has a type of Bug Net on the inventory.
They also can ask you to collect one of the items necessary to craft the Ankh Shield, if you beat the requirement. You'll be well rewarded if you be able to complete it.
Your guardian now does idle walking around you if you stay afk for two minutes or more, and if your character isn't mounted on it.
Changed the number of days necessary to pass a year on Terraria from 365.25 days, to 32 days (4 full moon cicles). Your Guardians now takes less longer to have a birthday.
The game now tells if one or more of your guardians is having a birthday.
Your guardians will no longer try spamming potions on your dead body.
Large guardian items are now 120% bigger than normal at any moment, instead of being 150% bigger when attacking, and 120% bigger on other occasions.
Your guardian now levels up Acrobatic skill based on the velocity while in the air.
Your guardians will no longer try attacking targets hit by your summon attacks, if you have the option of the guardian attacking what you attack on.
Your guardian will no longer be harmed by harmless projectiles.
Give a Birthday Present to your guardian on it's birthday, and have a surprise. It can be bought from the Party Girl.
Now the guardian ages with the world, so using a Enchanted Sundial will make a day of life pass.
Stealth effect will no longer be under effect while mounted on your guardian and walking.
Added an spacing between the body equipments and accessory slots.
Monsters now correctly spawns near your currently summoned guardian, if you are far away from it. But the monsters spawned are based on the biome you are.
Guardians now will restore the correct amount of health due to heart pickups.
Hearts and Stars (aswell as their seasonal variants) now drops when your guardian is hurt or without mana.
Stars acquired by the guardian now recovers the correct amount of player health.
Several equipments effects now affects the guardian equipping it, but some of them doesn't have their own special effect working, for example: sets that spawns a projectile (Ex: Chlorophyte Set and Stardust Set), and others.
Oh boy, that's what I did in about 2 weeks on the mod, and I don't regret, because the result is exceptional. Now your guardians gains benefits from the armors you give them, or at least part of them, because there are some effects that are harder to replicate on the guardian, even more if involves a projectile that should be bound to it.

Guardians can now also use magic items, but due to how simplistic the AI is currently, they will priorize using the magic item until their mana is depleted, and then retry using it after the mana fills entirelly.

They can also have summons, but due to the fact that the guardians shares the player to set the ownership of the projectile, that means your summons and the guardian summons will clash to see who keeps them, so either you use summon, or the guardian uses summon.

Actually, the projectile ownership is an issue that will make me scratch hard my head trying to figure out, how to make the game distinguish both Guardian and Player summon ownership, since there are some game mechanics that are bound to them. But I'll try thinking more about how I'll solve that issue during the development of the mod, right now I need to focus my head on the fact that October is already opening it's door, and of course that menas I should try to make something special for Halloween, and possibly bump ahead part of the mod miniplot.

I also reduced the number of Terraria world days that needs to pass so your guardians grows old, since I doubt someone sane enough would way 365.25 in-game days for the guardian to grow old, now every 32 days they will grow a year old. I took the liberty of making so when It's their birthday and it's dawning, the game not only notifies you of the birthday, but also throws a party automatically for you. Since we are celebrating a birthday, you'll need gifts, you'll find the gift on the Party Girl store, you'll need to have the Guardian who's getting a year older and place the gift on his inventory, then enjoy the surprise.

You are asking why 32 days? Well, I took into account the fact that the only day passing measure of Terraria is the fact that the moon phase changes, so basically, a year in Terraria is equal to 4 moon cycles.

Enjoy the update. And have fun with the dyes, I'm sure you'll play a lot with them.

Guess what? Another TerraGuardians update.

Your guardian now gains 50% of defense on Expert Worlds.
Items looted by the guardian will now be shown as new on their inventory.
You can now favorite items in their inventory, by using the same way you do when favoriting your items. Favorited items wont be shift-clickable.
Radial order menu now works as intended.
If your guardian has friendship level 4 or more, and has any kind of teleporting item, like the Magic Mirror, in their inventory, you can give it the order of selling loot. Be sure to mark as favorite items you DON'T want it to sell. Items on the first 10 inventory rows will never be sold.
You can no longer give certain orders to the guardian, when it is actually taking some other action.
Your guardians will no longer try using using summoning items when you tell them to use buff potions.
Possibly fixed a bug that resulted into your character being immune to everything.
Sardine is now Male. I forgot to flip the switch before launch.
Not only you can now share your mount with your guardian due to a new command, but also the guardian will sit on your mount when it's being pulled to your direction, while you're mounted.
You can also tell them to dismount too.
Lava will inflict on the guardian the same damage as it inflicts on the player, but the damage will increase/decrease based on the guardian health.
Shift+Clicking items in your inventory, sending it to the trash can, while having your guardian inventory opened, will move the item from the trash can to their inventory, if there is an empty space. Item that was in the trash can before moving will be deleted for good.
Added an AI option where you can allow the guardian to pickup any item you place on the trash can.
I've changed the flag of making the guardian sitdown on the mount to do the following instead: When turned on, will make so if your guardian is being pulled to your position and your character is using a mount that isn't a minecart, the guardian will sitdown on your mount.
The mod now tells when your relationship with the guardian improves.
Changed the guardian aggroing script, now It will take into account the aggro given by some of the tanking sets.
The AI of making the guardian tank now makes it get 100 of aggro, so monster will still preffer to attack it when turned on.
Removed the message that appears when you try to mount a guardian, while It is away.
Dropped compatibility with TerrariaLeveled. It was broken, anyway.
Changed the melee AI of the guardians, includding the detection of when they are in the range of melee.
You can no longer make yourself impossible to attack or use items by controlling the guardian, and then use the command of lifting your character.
Guardians will now break thin ice depending on their fall speed equivalent to their size.
You can now use commands to make the guardian lift or throw your character while it is mounted, but your guardian will be forced to dismount if it is during the action usage.
Fixed the death message shown when the guardian dies due to an npc or more.
Made the ganking death message genderless.
Guardians now flies after you if they have wings and you are a few vertical distance above them.
While following you, they have infinite flight time.
Added two more dialogues to the Dryad.
Changed the magic weapon using AI of the guardian to decide to approach or retreat an enemy based on X difference, instead of overall distance.
Guardians will now try to swin to catch you up, if they are under water, has the ability to swim and they are under you.
The guardians will no longer show bubbles coming from their nose while with merfolk or waterbreathing buff active and underwater.
Guardians no longer swims on lava.
Using the Magic Mirror on the Guardian while controlling it will produce the following result:
If the player has a spawn point set in the world, the guardian will be teleported to the player spawn point.
In case the above does not work, and the guardian has a house in the world, the guardian will be telepoerted to It's house position.
If the above conditions fails, It will teleport to the spawn point in the world (The center on the surface).
Blocking an attack increases Endurance by 4 times the damage the guardian would receive.
Evading an attack increases Acrobatics by 4 times the damage the guardian would receive.
Endurance now increases twice as faster when the guardian is hurt. That does not affect the exp acquired from Blocking an attack.
Fixed wing position when on the minecart and the guardian is rotated.
Fixed also the wing scaling, now It's size will change with the guardian size.
Large guardians will now be a bit taller than you when using the option to set their size to yours.
6th Accessory slot. Unlockable only with a Demon Heart, and of course, only will enter in effect on Expert worlds.
Fixed the wings horizontal placement on the Guardians.
Fixed a bug with the mob killing requests. Now It will no longer be confused when checking if the monster killed is a variant.
Disabled the guardian AI of trying to duck before attacking a smaller enemy, until the code be reworked.
Chatting requests now gives you item reward.
Changed the AI option "May use Melee Attacks while mounted?" to "Use Heavy Melee Attacks while mounted?".
When set as on, your guardian will try to use light melee weapons whole your character is mounted on it, and the monsters are in It's melee range. If no light melee weapon is disponible, It will use ranged weapons instead.
The guardian will still try using Heavy Melee Weapons when they are mounted on your shoulder, or sitting down on your mount, since It wont hinder you.
Your guardian will no longer have mana deducted when using the Space Gun, while the Meteor Set is equipped.
Guardians that aren't following you wont consume ammo or item stacks while in combat.
Made the Javelin and Bone Javelin be recognized as Thrown weapon, not melee, when they are thrown.
Your guardian will no longer try to use magic weapons while not seeying the target they are attacking.
Added a Panic Mode for the guardian Charge AI.
The Panic Mode will make the guardian try to keep distance off the boss, and avoid using Heavy weapons when It is active.
Activates when the guardian has less than 25% health left.
The Dryad no longer gives you tips about how to find the guardians in order.
Added sound to the Potion Throwing action of the guardian.
Fixed a number of guardian dialogues.
Changed the conditions for a lot of guardian dialogues, too.
Guardians now has Birthday messages. But there is 50% chance that they will appear during their party.
The guardian dash will no longer be disabled when the guardian is in combat, and the player is mounted on it.
You will now only be able to craft Guardian potions on potion crafting stations (Bottles, Alchemy Station...).
Increased reward value given by completting the Critter collection request.
Greatly increased the reward value given by completting the Talisman collection request (Get Nazar, Get Bezoar, etc.).
Your guardian can no longer use Magic items while silenced, neither will try.
Removed gender from the death by lava message from the guardian.
Removed the messages telling that the house is not tall enough for the guardian, since on the automatic mode it may be an annoyance.
You can no longer make your guardian auto-run by making use of "Lift Player" and "Throw Player" orders.
Your character will now dismount from the mount when the guardian is using the "Lift Player" action.
Added Zacks, the newest guardian.
Now I over did myself, I had to add a self goal of adding a mini boss fight to get the newest guardian... Would've been easier If I didn't, but if I didn't, I wouldn't have made my first boss fight in Terraria. Yep, years of modding, now comes the first boss fight I've made. Just try not to mind It's third attack, I've ran out of ideas of ways the third attack could've been, then I implemented... That.

By the way, meet our newest guardian, Zacks.

Oh, sorry, he's a bit awkward about presenting himself to other people, so he wont show up yet on the forums, even more after what happened to him.
But one thing he asks you, will you leave him behind, too?

One thing you should be aware of, is to beware the ai command of allowing the guardian to loot items. If you are doing something that causes several items to fall on the floor, the game fps may lower depending on your hardware, based on the number of items on the floor. I will try to rework that looting system in the future, for now, remember to disable it when doing anything that involves several items on the floor, like hundreds of them.

Oh yeah, the radial order menu now works correctly, so now there will be no ghost commands on the list. Yay!

Well, enjoy the update. And also the grinding... For Life Crystals, Life Fruits, and equipments for your newest adventure partner.

And sorry if I forgot to talk about something that needed some speech here, but look at that patch note! How can I keep on mind everything I want to say about the changes?

Edit: Ps: People reads the patch notes, but nobody noticed I placed the wrong month on the link to the news. Oops.

Edit2: I did it again, I forgot to tell something important. Due to conectivity problems with my tModLoader version (probably because It's outdated), the mod isn't updated on the mod browser, so you have to install manually the update.

Currently I wont be going to install the new version, since I've seen people reporting that are having problems with it, so I'll wait before trying to do that.

Last edited:
This looks like such an amazing mod, Nakano! :D I'm unbelievably excited to try this mod out! It's going to revolutionalize the entire play-through! I'm currently on a Terraria fast until 1.4 comes out so I can appreciate it like it's a new game, or at least unfamiliar, so I'll have to wait until this is ported to a 1.4 version of tModLoader, but it's something I'm absolutely looking forward to with great excitement. <3

Best of luck on future updates! I can't wait to see how many amazing things you do with it! ^_^

Back
Top Bottom