tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

Due to TerraGuardians gaining soon a revamp on the guardian info system, aswell as a revamp on custom guardian creation, includding the fact I just noticed that It's been 8 months since I begun making this mod, I started talking about a lot of things related to the mod project on my profile.
You can read those posts here.

As for the update changing the guardian info system, It's coming soon.

See ya!

Hey guys, here comes a very important update.
You can no longer give orders to a dismissed guardian.
Assist TerraGuardians are no longer projectile proof.
Guardians will no longer fight over who will try protecting you from harm.
Each guardian base information is now stored differently on the mod.
The way the guardian dialogues are stored on the mod, aswell as how they called were changed.
I've managed to fix some dialogues during the porting to the new system.​
Upgraded the custom guardian loading system, to adopt the new way of loading TerraGuardians base data.
The rename command will no longer allow you to change the guardian name regardless of wether you are able to or not.
Changed the description of the Rename Card, telling that It will only affect the leader guardian.
The Guide now gives you some tips related to TerraGuardians. He had enough time to get information from the Dryad, or to play with Rococo and find out.
Reduced the required number of guardians to summon assist guardians:
1 Assist = 2 or more guardians met​
2 Assists = 5 or more guardians met​
3 Assists = 8 or more guardians met​
Changed the positioning of the guardian info hud, for those who are playing with KalciphozRPG mod.
I've reached level 40 in 45 minutes while debugging this, what about you?​
Fixed a crash on Alex npc, caused by trying to load null textures.
Fixed a bug that caused the Zombie Guardian boss fight to have unintended ninja steps.

This update is very important, because I've revamped how the guardians base data works, aswell as revamped the system of loading custom mod guardians. Possibly, now It's way easier to create custom guardians, but probably I'll need more than just launching the source of the test guardian mod to show how It works.

Anyway, feel free to extract the TerraGuardians mod data to find out how you can build your custom guardian. The only thing I ask of you, though, is that you use your custom mod guardian as a pack, so every guardian you launch, put in that pack, to avoid problems related to mods and stuff.

Well, have fun, guys :D.

Edit:.
Fixed hud positioning problem when using Kalciphoz mod.
Got level 62 on it meanwhile. >:)

Last edited:
Bro i just didn't use the mod in my new world Because it's very annoying when the bosses start following the Guardian and they run and run and run and the boss follow them and almost always dispawn

Bro i just didn't use the mod in my new world Because it's very annoying when the bosses start following the Guardian and they run and run and run and the boss follow them and almost always dispawn
Uh... What?
Edit:. Nevermind, I also found that problem. While the fix doesn't comes, avoid letting assist guardians lure the boss atention and move it far away from you.

Last edited:
Uh... What?
You know When i fight a boss the bosses mostly follow the TerraGuardian not me, well, when i fight a boss and the boss get close to The TerraGuardian The Guardian i have start rruning a lot to the other side and the boss follow The Guardian And the Guardian Just don't get back and the boss end up despawning i don't know if you actually fix that with this update, if yes let me know plz

You know When i fight a boss the bosses mostly follow the TerraGuardian not me, well, when i fight a boss and the boss get close to The TerraGuardian The Guardian i have start rruning a lot to the other side and the boss follow The Guardian And the Guardian Just don't get back and the boss end up despawning i don't know if you actually fix that with this update, if yes let me know plz
I just found the bug some time ago, but didn't really gave much important until I saw your report, and noticed that there was really something wrong.
The fix will come next update. As I said above, avoid letting assist guardians go too far away from your screen with the boss when in a boss fight.

There is another bug related to guardian naming. It is not getting the id of the guardian when you click the pencil.
To change a specific guardian name, set the id (the number next to the command name in the chat) to the one of the guardian you want to rename.
Here is the chart:
Code:
Rococo = 0,
Blue = 1,
Sardine = 2,
Zacks = 3,
Nemesis = 4,
Alex = 5,
Brutus = 6,
Bree = 7,

hey, would it be possible to find a list of accessories that work with the guardians? its starting to look like most of the accessories i have on 3 of my guardians aren't working at all.

hey, would it be possible to find a list of accessories that work with the guardians? its starting to look like most of the accessories i have on 3 of my guardians aren't working at all.
Almost accessories works on TerraGuardians, at least from vanilla Terraria, because modded accessories doesn't work yet.
I may have missed a few accessories though. If you find problems with a vanilla accessory, report it.

Hey guys, sorry for being late, but here are the results of February popularity contest.
There is not much else I can say to finish this, other than the fact that the update to TerraGuardians mod is coming soon.
Anyway, here is the link for March contest.

Here's the update patch note, It will take me some time to launch it though, so please be patient.
Fixed the little problem where Assist guardians couldn't keep the mobs spawns up.
Added two accessories that can be found as reward from bounty quests.
The mod will no longer give you the wrong guardian id, when trying to rename it.
Guardians will now comment when you talk to them while they use the toilet.
Fixed one of the Merchant's dialogues about Bree, refferencing Blue.
Fixed wing placement on certain guardians, when they don't have a set wing position and have their scale changed.
Guardians will now teleport with the player, when the player uses a magic mirror.
This also fixes the bug where teleporting wouldn't work when mounted on the guardian.​
Added an option which makes so npcs gain 5% more health for each assist guardian you have.
Only works on single player.​
Added some branches to not recruited guardian npcs, they will be triggered if the one they are interacting with, has already the guardian recruited.
Sadly, It doesn't recognizes if the guardian is currently summoned.​
You will no longer progress on inactive requests.
Did a few changes and fixes to Bounty Quests.
Bounty quests will no longer hang, saying that bounty quest has ended over and over, when you didn't talked to Sardine yet.​
If you have a sign, but didn't talked yet to Sardine about Bounty quests, he'll place a message telling you that he has to talk to you about it.​
Changed how the bounty monster spawning system works. Includding the fact that dungeon bounty targets will now only spawn INSIDE THE DUNGEON.​
Daedalus Stormbow somewhat is fixed.
The angle it aims at isn't, but who cares?​
Fixed a bug where Sardine could not be the one who tells you about the bounty target being killed.
You will be allowed to summon a guardian to follow you, if you don't have enough friendship level, but get a travelling quest.
The guardian will be dismissed after the quest ends, or fail.​
The mod will no longer tells the name of which step from Bree's recruitment scene is playing.
Your character will now get off the mount, when put on the ground by Alex.
Guardians that appear during your adventure, but you have already on your team, will not only acknowledge that with different dialogues, but will also turn into town npc upon either interaction, or after their dialogue with the player.
On the GuardianBase setup, can now add scripts for what will happen if the guardian gets hurt by player, npcs, guardians and projectiles (beside It only has scripts for when the guardian is hurt by npcs and projectiles right now).
Mabel arrives!
Bree gained a chair sitting animation.
Guardians can now break blocks using tools.

This update also introduces Mabel, the Deer Guardian.
If you have checked the contest result image, you'll see her presenting It, but why not let her speak, all the other guardians that came did too, right?

Mabel.png
"Mabel: *I may be late for 2019 Miss North Pole, but nothing stops me from practicing for next year.*"

She wasn't going to come out right now, because of the name of the contest she was having as goal, It used to be called "Miss Reindeer". I hastily changed to Miss North Pole, because that sounds less stupid and somewhat better. Too bad that I couldn't invent a name for that though.

She's focused into being a model, so she practices hard, even more during her day by day. The problem is that she kind of attracts too much attention.
Even though she doesn't has much maximum health compared to other guardians, she has some dodge rate bonus, and also have the chance of making attackers kind of fall in love... Also, remember that her head is a bit more above, so move up those eyes.

Anyway, she also opened up the possibility of adding a bit more of customization of codes for when the guardian is hurt, so one can program things to happen when It is hurt. That doesn't stops me from adding more overrideable methods for other interactions.

Have fun :D

Edit:. The update is live. Enjoy the changes.

Edit2 :. I forgot to tell, guardians can now break blocks by using toola, so beware when giving them a tool to use as weapon.

Last edited:
Heh, a hotfix has arrived!
The mod will now show the correct messages when you talk to the TerraGuardians.
Bree now has again things to say, when she tells you something during a talk request. (The fact she wasn't saying anything before the update, was also related to the bug above)
Guardians will now show confusion icon above their head, when they have confused debuff.
The player will now try facing the direction the guardian It is mounted on is facing, when not using an item.
Guardians mounted on the player will be able again to control the player movement, when they have the permission.
There are still bugs hidden in the mod, but If you guys don't find out, I will.
I mean, most likelly I'll bump into them, If I remember to take note of them during my gameplay :/.

i think i ran into a problem. i just started the game and the blood moon popped up. Nemesis spawned but i started getting quests for sardine and Bree but they were sent home in my last play session and are not in my house.

Oh. can you turn off the "p2 prees start" line on the left side of the screen? Or is the option already in the game right now? Why on earth would i use a p2 controller when i'm all alone, in the dark, playing terraria.

i think i ran into a problem. i just started the game and the blood moon popped up. Nemesis spawned but i started getting quests for sardine and Bree but they were sent home in my last play session and are not in my house.
Just allow Bree to move in If you are unable to call her (depending on the quest), you'll also need a free house for her to move in, though.
As for Sardine, you can summon him to report the quests directly from the quest log. You just need to have him selected on the tab.

I made the requests takes plenty of time before they fail and disappear. Not only to give you time to even try completting it, but also to avoid having stress.
Oh. can you turn off the "p2 prees start" line on the left side of the screen? Or is the option already in the game right now? Why on earth would i use a p2 controller when i'm all alone, in the dark, playing terraria.
I can remove it. Also, I was expecting not only people who plays alone to try the mod. Looks like I were wrong.

Just allow Bree to move in If you are unable to call her (depending on the quest), you'll also need a free house for her to move in, though.
As for Sardine, you can summon him to report the quests directly from the quest log. You just need to have him selected on the tab.

I made the requests takes plenty of time before they fail and disappear. Not only to give you time to even try completting it, but also to avoid having stress.

I can remove it. Also, I was expecting not only people who plays alone to try the mod. Looks like I were wrong.

You were not wrong, you were just putting too much hope in nerds like me.

Back
Top Bottom