tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

Give them the order to use 'em.
If you didn't changed the keybinding, Q calls the order selection, select Item, then select "Use Health/Mana increasing item" or something like that.

Finally getting some free time to play some video games, haven't touched any game for like, a month maybe? After all the work i'm half dead, and now by simply gazing upon these update logs i think i just might have a seizure, so no, no reading the words anymore, now i remember i'll have to update the game too, and the modloader, how i miss the time when gaming is only plug and play.

So, good sir, care to give some minor hints about what's going on right now ? New mechanics and new companions maybe? Who's getting married and who's getting a divorce? What's your favorite food? At least lend me some clues.

Finally getting some free time to play some video games, haven't touched any game for like, a month maybe? After all the work i'm half dead, and now by simply gazing upon these update logs i think i just might have a seizure, so no, no reading the words anymore, now i remember i'll have to update the game too, and the modloader, how i miss the time when gaming is only plug and play.

So, good sir, care to give some minor hints about what's going on right now ? New mechanics and new companions maybe? Who's getting married and who's getting a divorce? What's your favorite food? At least lend me some clues.
I'll have to check the patch notes to remember what came. Let's see..
  1. Well, the Order Hud got changed, you have to press Q to open it, then navigate through It by pressing the number keys, or Q to return an order step/close the order hud.
  2. Added more tutorials to the mod, they will appear depending on what you do in the game. Sadly, the tutorial message is in the chat, so be sure to find time to read them, since they can be quite long.
  3. Implemented a Knock Out system, where your character and/or companions can get knocked out when health goes down, and be revived by other companions, or your character. Those are by default disabled on the mod settings, but you can turn on, and also set If your character or companions will die If they bleed out to 0 hp.
  4. A number of companion animations fixed, aswell as dialogues.
  5. Companions like Nemesis will now function differently when drawing. Instead of having an image for their body and arms, they will actually use the Terrarian sprites to draw themselves. That also helped Michelle to arrive in the mod, whose is another Terrarian companion, which you can find early in the game.
  6. Friendship Rank system arrives. As you get more friendship level with your companions, your Friendship Rank will increase. The Friendship Rank will impact on how many companions you can have following you. Due to the addition of the system, you can now have 5 assist companions (or in other words, 6 companions following you).
  7. Companions gained the ability of holding some more off hand items, like Water Candle, or Umbrella.
  8. The New Combat AI is now under effect in the mod, the old Combat AI was removed from the mod.
  9. Adjustments on the female TerraGuardian sprites.
  10. Gem Monsters gained some status nerfs, so they are less unbearable to face.
  11. New companions animations, like Petrified. Not all of them has an animation for that state, though.
  12. Several bug fixes.
I think I may have missed some things, but you'll most likelly bump into the changes while playing the mod.

By the way, the next thing coming in the mod will be a change on the request system. I'll release more info when I get the system mostly done. But I have to say, It seems to work a lot better than the previous.
New computer, new monitor, new mouse. Going to try this "take control" thing again and see what happens, but maybe it's a problem resulting from other mods, though I don't really need to control my teammates anyway.
That's an option, you don't need to make use of It. Maybe in the future It may be necessary for some thing like the Ether Realm (or Guardian Royale), but now...
Only use If you want to change your currently playable character. Beware though, If your companion die, your character will die too, so don't think you're invincible while controlling them.

Edit:. Now if you guys excuse me, I have a contest result to prepare.
Enjoy :D

I'll have to check the patch notes to remember what came. Let's see..
  1. Well, the Order Hud got changed, you have to press Q to open it, then navigate through It by pressing the number keys, or Q to return an order step/close the order hud.
  2. Added more tutorials to the mod, they will appear depending on what you do in the game. Sadly, the tutorial message is in the chat, so be sure to find time to read them, since they can be quite long.
  3. Implemented a Knock Out system, where your character and/or companions can get knocked out when health goes down, and be revived by other companions, or your character. Those are by default disabled on the mod settings, but you can turn on, and also set If your character or companions will die If they bleed out to 0 hp.
  4. A number of companion animations fixed, aswell as dialogues.
  5. Companions like Nemesis will now function differently when drawing. Instead of having an image for their body and arms, they will actually use the Terrarian sprites to draw themselves. That also helped Michelle to arrive in the mod, whose is another Terrarian companion, which you can find early in the game.
  6. Friendship Rank system arrives. As you get more friendship level with your companions, your Friendship Rank will increase. The Friendship Rank will impact on how many companions you can have following you. Due to the addition of the system, you can now have 5 assist companions (or in other words, 6 companions following you).
  7. Companions gained the ability of holding some more off hand items, like Water Candle, or Umbrella.
  8. The New Combat AI is now under effect in the mod, the old Combat AI was removed from the mod.
  9. Adjustments on the female TerraGuardian sprites.
  10. Gem Monsters gained some status nerfs, so they are less unbearable to face.
  11. New companions animations, like Petrified. Not all of them has an animation for that state, though.
  12. Several bug fixes.
I think I may have missed some things, but you'll most likelly bump into the changes while playing the mod.

By the way, the next thing coming in the mod will be a change on the request system. I'll release more info when I get the system mostly done. But I have to say, It seems to work a lot better than the previous.
Wow that's not some "minor hints" i expected, much appreciation here, i mean it. Not gonna play 1.4 anytime soon, don't have that kinda energy. Glad they left the mod compatibilities right where they were. Thanks again, bra-the.

View attachment 275830
Decided to have a trio of monster people, but I don't like the way the Mermaid Adornment puts a solid line on the waist, so I switched to a lamia wrap for Michelle. Also, her hair being visible no matter what she has on her head messed a bit with the idea of having another lamia.

I think I'll do melee with some poison if possible (snek venom), Nemesis can handle magic (maybe something dark if I can find it), and Michelle could fire a bow or some musical note-firing weapon from a mod (mermaids and singing and stuff), but I'll still give them melee weapons for if enemies get too close.

Fun.
As you may notice, the Terrarian companions still needs work on the drawing part. And funny, the wrap in mermaid torso should be on lamia outfit. For some reason that changed places. I'll have to investigate.

Feel free to report the issues you find with terrarian companions, so I can track them and fix.

@topic It's up the result of the TerraGuardians Popularity Contest.
Sorry If I sound a bit drained on part of the dialogues, but I kinda am. Maybe I'm getting rusted at making the contest. At least I could add some improvements to It.
Before you ask: Alex didn't knew about the result of the contest presenter before the photo of the coronation, and the Terrarian popularity contest is really up.

To clear confusion about the Terrarian popularity contest, I don't want you to take a photo of your Nemesis or Michelle, I want you to show a photo of your character. Place on your character It's best look, alongside your favorite companion (only 1 companion with that character) and then send the photo to me on my profile, here on TCF.
As the contest image says, from today until June 15th, you can send a photo of your character with It's companion. From 16th to 30th June is the voting on best outfits between all TerraGuardians mod players. If you want a tip, be sure to take a photo from a bright place, unless you know what you are doing.

The winners will be announced on the next TerraGuardians Popularity Contest, alongside their companion. Be sure to leave the companion NEXT to your character, not far away. If you want to make the companion use furniture or anything to improve the photo, or even take it while mounted, feel free to, too.

Well, that is It for last month's contest guys. The new contest will be coming soon, so be sure to return later to get the link to It, or check my profile.

Have fun :)

Edit:. Wow... I mean... Wow... Only 10,5% voted on vampires? 42,1% Werewolves and 47,4% Normal... Wow...
#GoTeamWerewolf.

Edit2:. June Popularity Contest is up. Vote on your favorite companions.

Last edited:
Oh, I see. Then that is the problem.

Edit:. June popularity contest is up.
Check my post above for the link.

Last edited:
Actually they can, but they don't know how and when to use It, neither gains status benefit from making use of It.
It would be necessary mod compatibility to teach them how and when to use such items.

Hey guys, looks like I'll have to change a bit the plans on the new request system, to make things easier for me to handle.

Currently in the mod, each companion is going to have their own requests, with story and objectives. The problems with the current system, is that before
I launch the new request system, I will have to add requests to all companions in the mod. Until the moment, I've been able to reach the first request from Sardine (Rococo and Blue requests are mostly done).
The second problem, is that the new request system is very limited in requests It can give you. For example, Rococo has about 10 requests, and most of them involves the forest, after doing his requests several times, It will get extremelly tiring and annoying because the requests will repeat.

What I will try to do, is implement a kind of "common quests", which the companions will give generic quests, while using their generic request dialogues for It, and then give you their special requests after about 3~5 common requests complete (I think 3 is fine, though).

Hopefully that will make their requests less tiring and repetitive, beside I think I may even be able to add special rewards for completting certain requests, but that may be useful for a future system on the mod.

So, what do you guys think? Ideas? Suggestions? Critics?

Hey guys, looks like I'll have to change a bit the plans on the new request system, to make things easier for me to handle.

Currently in the mod, each companion is going to have their own requests, with story and objectives. The problems with the current system, is that before
I launch the new request system, I will have to add requests to all companions in the mod. Until the moment, I've been able to reach the first request from Sardine (Rococo and Blue requests are mostly done).
The second problem, is that the new request system is very limited in requests It can give you. For example, Rococo has about 10 requests, and most of them involves the forest, after doing his requests several times, It will get extremelly tiring and annoying because the requests will repeat.

What I will try to do, is implement a kind of "common quests", which the companions will give generic quests, while using their generic request dialogues for It, and then give you their special requests after about 3~5 common requests complete (I think 3 is fine, though).

Hopefully that will make their requests less tiring and repetitive, beside I think I may even be able to add special rewards for completting certain requests, but that may be useful for a future system on the mod.

So, what do you guys think? Ideas? Suggestions? Critics?
Yeah, i think is better like that, because if it was like theway you thinked first it would be just like the angler quest are

How do i use the guardian specific health crystals on them, if i just chuck it on their inventory they dont use it and if i try and click elsewhere it says only they can use it

How do you get rid of the exhausted debuff the guardians get? Just "doing nothing" for a while doesn't seem to help nor do the health packages work for that debuff.

You have to remove tired companions from the party, so they can rest.
If the system gives you troubles, you can disable It on the mod options.

lol

Attachments

• 11780A6B-B0C5-4F92-A330-4619951D0968.png
    11780A6B-B0C5-4F92-A330-4619951D0968.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 148
Back
Top Bottom