tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

Of course It changed! Now It's another mod crashing.
That's going to be a problem, if other mods recklessly receives argument calls, this mod will surelly give more headache than be helpful.

I'll try uploading a version without custom companion loading, until I have ideas of how to solve that issue.

Edit:. Okay, version without custom companion loading is on MEGA.

Edit2:. After checking the source of ItemCustomizer and ShopExpander, they are set to crash the mod loader if a command they don't expect is called...

Last edited:
got distracted by YouTube

Looks like things are loading correctly now with the non-custom version.
I'm glad to see that It's working now, but I'll have to look for alternative ways of loading custom companions.
Eventually I'll find out how to fix that. Heh.

Edit:. I added an exception handler on the script to call for custom companions on other mods, to avoid crashing from happen with mods that have codes to crash when receiving an unknown command. Thanks to @DRKV for the idea of using It.

Edit2:. Oh yeah, feel free to get the normal version of the mod, the changes are already in and stuff.

I would like to know what the housing requirements for a terra guardian are, as I can't seem to find them anywhere. If you are not busy please respond quickly please.

I'm intrigued. Could you possibly play Terraria using only the TerraGuardians, almost like an entire different class?

When I tried to house Rococo in a normal house it states " This house does not meet the requirements for a Terra Guardian, any idea what those are

I would like to know what the housing requirements for a terra guardian are, as I can't seem to find them anywhere. If you are not busy please respond quickly please.
Sorry for the delay, I was quite busy.
Many TerraGuardians have the size higher than the one of a normal Terraria npc, so they will need a house tall enough, having about a gap of 1 tile between the roof and their head (without counting the ears).
Making a house 1~2 tiles tall than the ones you would make for a Terraria npc will suffice, unless It's Vladimir who wants a house. You'll have to make It bigger.
I'm intrigued. Could you possibly play Terraria using only the TerraGuardians, almost like an entire different class?
Somewhat yes, you just need to unlock the Player Control on them. Just beware of the fact that they wont drop correctly from slopes.
Holy jisus, Michelle almost give me a Heart Attack man, i scared a lot
Well, at least wasn't because of her make up.

By the way guys, I'll prepare a light version of the popularity contest result, and I'll explain everything when I have It done.

Hey guys, It's that time of month again, the TerraGuardians Popularity Contest result is out.
Sorry for It being quite simple, but... I'll explain in the end.
Well guys, the TerraGuardians Popularity Contest is entering into a hiatus.
I'll prepare quite a wall of text explaining why, so there is no doubt of why I'm doing this right now.

As the mod were getting more and more new TerraGuardians, I thought that It would be fun if there was a kind of Popularity Contest on It for them.
The Popularity Contest purpose would be just for fun, so that doesn't means that the companions would get more work or anything based on the results
of It. That's when It first came on this update, as a Vote button.

As the month kept running, I kept checking sometimes the contest results, to find out that many people were voting on their favorite companions, that
was kind of a major morale boost to the mod development. Then I did the mistake, I had the idea of making the contest monthly.
At first, the Popularity Contest wasn't intended to be monthly, It would be kind of like a "counter", people gives their votes, and then could check how
many people voted on certain companions. Didn't really had an end.

Initially, the result of the January contest was extremelly satisfying, as you can see here. The number of votes on the companions, allowed me to make the
stage for the coronation, and also add the characters you guys voted on in It, so It was kind of like a show you were invited, where you could see the
companions you picked, in their places, and being themselves. That was very fun for me to make, which you can see that there's even a little humor, with
Zacks scaring the hell out of Sardine.

At the second contest, I had the idea of adding a companion as a host, and since Mabel was just being introduced (a bit rushedly, because she wasn't going
to come on that update actually), I thought about using part of her lore of being a model as an excuse as to why she should present the Popularity Contest.
That's when the companions begun being more participative on It. Alongside the extra questions I added on the contest form, whose some results would
be displayed on the next Popularity Contest result.

As the contest ran, the number of votes kept falling, and the standings started having more and more companions in the same place. The idea of the contest
isn't to be a race, It's like a party where your beloved companions participates, and also show who are the most beloved companions of the season.

As the contests result season were coming, I had less fun making the result images, and more about rushing to try finishing It before the time to go sleep arrives.
That is also the reason why in this popularity contest, both Leopold and Bree speaks a gibberish. The mistake was so dire, that when I noticed after posting the contest result, I later pointed that out in one of the edits, and also added a dialogue to the Dryad as a kind of joke refference to this.

The Popularity Contest idea was initially a fun idea I had, but I'm really unable to mantain It monthly, even more to make the result images for It. So that's why
the contest is entering into a hiatus temporarily, until It gets a revamp. Maybe in the future I'll have a better way of hosting the contest, and possibly I'll be
able to have fun when making the result images, or simply script the result in the game, wonder that.

While I'm free of the contest, I can work on improving the mod, even more since the AI of the companions still aren't making me very happy, so I may do some
changes to them, but one day, in the horizon, we'll see the Popularity Contest returning, and probably I'll surprise you guys with that. You'll see. :)

Beside, maybe I could return with the initial idea of having a kind of "vote counter" for favorite companions, like the idea initially was, which would be unrelated to
the contest.

Well, that is it for the wall of text. And Thank You All for participating in the coronation, and for giving your support to your favorite companions, and making the
mod gain more and more new companions for you to travel or befriend with.

Enjoy your gameplay, and have fun. :)

Because I'll have some sleep, see ya later!

Thanks forums for not telling me of new messages.
Anyway...
Doing quests.

Would be nice if Halloween and Christmas zombies counted for zombie-hunting. Currently, they don't.
Zombie_Halloween_Variant_1.png
Zombie_Halloween_Variant_2.png
Zombie_Halloween_Variant_3.png
Zombie_Christmas_Variant_1.png
Zombie_Christmas_Variant_2.png

Also, I think Halloween demon eyes don't count when you need to hunt demon eyes.
Demon_Eye_Halloween_Variant_1.png
Demon_Eye_Halloween_Variant_2.png

Also, completing the zombie hunt just now, I saw
I'll try adding them to the list. Better not let their holiday spirits make them feel rejected, right?

And that message from Nemesis is completelly out of place. I'll change that out.
Does anyone know how to recruit the wolf guardian as she just showed up and got sad after I moved
That may be a bug, but you may try approaching and talking to her from behind to try triggering her recruitment, If her recruitment keeps failing.

I should probably note this too.
View attachment 281924
It should be "<Player> couldn't get help to be revived."

Or maybe something else like "<Player> succumbed to <his/her> injuries."

That's if the character's gender is recognizable somehow for these messages.
If not, I'd use "<Player> succumbed to their injuries.", or even just "<Player> succumbed to injuries." if "their" doesn't feel right to you.

It could even just be randomly selected from multiple messages, so it's not always the same one on gravestones, though when I think about it, if "<Player> couldn't get help to revived" is a message that appears when a player gives up even if they're being helped by someone nearby, "succumbed to <his/her/their> injuries" or "succumbed to injuries" might fit better. If someone's available to revive you, "<Player> couldn't get help to be revived" is incorrect, isn't it?

Also I love the Terminator reference with Rococo and lava, but
View attachment 281925
only needs one change, being "its" instead of "it's", as the latter means "it is" (or it could be "his"),
or maybe "<Player>'s Rococo melted, giving a thumbs-up while sinking."
The first death message is missing the verb, somehow It managed not to show up in the game, and for some reason I didn't found out that It was missing during testing (even though I extensivelly tested the revive system). The idea for that death message, was to give the idea that the player didn't had anybody disponible to help restoring the player health back for gameplay state, so that's the closest message I found for the case.

Fun fact, only now I discovered the difference between its and it's. And the idea you gave for the death message sounds a lot better than the original.

Hey guys, It's that time of month again, the TerraGuardians Popularity Contest result is out.
Sorry for It being quite simple, but... I'll explain in the end.
Well guys, the TerraGuardians Popularity Contest is entering into a hiatus.
I'll prepare quite a wall of text explaining why, so there is no doubt of why I'm doing this right now.

As the mod were getting more and more new TerraGuardians, I thought that It would be fun if there was a kind of Popularity Contest on It for them.
The Popularity Contest purpose would be just for fun, so that doesn't means that the companions would get more work or anything based on the results
of It. That's when It first came on this update, as a Vote button.

As the month kept running, I kept checking sometimes the contest results, to find out that many people were voting on their favorite companions, that
was kind of a major morale boost to the mod development. Then I did the mistake, I had the idea of making the contest monthly.
At first, the Popularity Contest wasn't intended to be monthly, It would be kind of like a "counter", people gives their votes, and then could check how
many people voted on certain companions. Didn't really had an end.

Initially, the result of the January contest was extremelly satisfying, as you can see here. The number of votes on the companions, allowed me to make the
stage for the coronation, and also add the characters you guys voted on in It, so It was kind of like a show you were invited, where you could see the
companions you picked, in their places, and being themselves. That was very fun for me to make, which you can see that there's even a little humor, with
Zacks scaring the hell out of Sardine.

At the second contest, I had the idea of adding a companion as a host, and since Mabel was just being introduced (a bit rushedly, because she wasn't going
to come on that update actually), I thought about using part of her lore of being a model as an excuse as to why she should present the Popularity Contest.
That's when the companions begun being more participative on It. Alongside the extra questions I added on the contest form, whose some results would
be displayed on the next Popularity Contest result.

As the contest ran, the number of votes kept falling, and the standings started having more and more companions in the same place. The idea of the contest
isn't to be a race, It's like a party where your beloved companions participates, and also show who are the most beloved companions of the season.

As the contests result season were coming, I had less fun making the result images, and more about rushing to try finishing It before the time to go sleep arrives.
That is also the reason why in this popularity contest, both Leopold and Bree speaks a gibberish. The mistake was so dire, that when I noticed after posting the contest result, I later pointed that out in one of the edits, and also added a dialogue to the Dryad as a kind of joke refference to this.

The Popularity Contest idea was initially a fun idea I had, but I'm really unable to mantain It monthly, even more to make the result images for It. So that's why
the contest is entering into a hiatus temporarily, until It gets a revamp. Maybe in the future I'll have a better way of hosting the contest, and possibly I'll be
able to have fun when making the result images, or simply script the result in the game, wonder that.

While I'm free of the contest, I can work on improving the mod, even more since the AI of the companions still aren't making me very happy, so I may do some
changes to them, but one day, in the horizon, we'll see the Popularity Contest returning, and probably I'll surprise you guys with that. You'll see. :)

Beside, maybe I could return with the initial idea of having a kind of "vote counter" for favorite companions, like the idea initially was, which would be unrelated to
the contest.

Well, that is it for the wall of text. And Thank You All for participating in the coronation, and for giving your support to your favorite companions, and making the
mod gain more and more new companions for you to travel or befriend with.

Enjoy your gameplay, and have fun. :)

Because I'll have some sleep, see ya later!
bruh everyone simping for Michelle

Here are the mods I’m using for them to go against. 1. Calamity, 2. Thorium. 3. Zylon, 4. Secrets of the shadows, 5.exdous mod, 6.argantium Reborn

and for classes, healer class, meele, ranged, miner, mage, thrower/rogue,battle rods, yo-yo, chop, void,

well that’s it I will be working on this

Back
Top Bottom