tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

I think I might have an idea on how you could make the companions try to jump over gaps stuff.

I'm not so sure how hard this is to program but what you could do is that you could try to have it so that the guardians mirror the players movements but delayed. Kinda like how tails is programed like in sonic 2 and sonic 3 if he is following you.

If you do try to implement idea let me know how it goes.

Best wishes.

Also

Therapist: Dont worry. Front facing Rococo isn't real. It can't hurt you.

Front facing Rococo:
View attachment 307163
I kind of added a way of making guardians jump gaps when following the player, but the player must not be 2 blocks under the companion, and the gap must be of a 2 blocks vertical hole or higher for them to jump.

And I thought about mirroring the player movement too, the only problem is that companions have different movement speeds. Also, If a companion was actually faster, or heavier than the player, would increase the chances of them falling in the hole, because your character would still be jumping the gap, when they start falling.

Ps:. Front facing Rococo stares at your soul.... Be a good person and nothing happens.

Well, I was going to spoil this anyway.
red_hood_outfit.png

#JoinNakano15ModdingSteamGroup

Guess what?! A new TerraGuardians update is out, and you should get It now. :D
Malisha will now again move in to your world.
-> I really don't want to change her recruitment dialogue...
Companions with a flying carpet equipped will no longer float while using furnitures.
Sardine will now correctly teleport out of your team, when Bree starts scolding him.
When speaking with Malisha's recruit npc, instead of showing "*?*" as option for dialogues without answer, It will show "Proceed", instead.
Boosted by 5 times the chance of companions visiting you.
Topics can now have requirement setup.
Brutus recruit npc will now face you during dialogues.
Fixed an Idle AI issue with nocturnal companions. Now they should behave correctly at night.
Fixed an issue where revive messages from Fluffles related to your character would show regardless of who's being revived.
Fluffles headgear will now correctly vanish when she's knocked out.
Readjusted some weird pixels that were missing on Fluffles belly.
Fluffles will now be a bit higher from the floor when reviving someone.
Companions will now check if they in their houses, before trying to go sleep.
Companions will now try not to keep stepping on dangerous tiles.
Nerfed Malisha's request objective counts for "Helper Number 1" and "Counterstrike of the Panther" requests.
Companions will no longer stare at their leader when charging ahead of them. They will now face the direction the player is facing.
Companions now has a higher vertical range check for seeing if they should attack a monster.
-> Their decision also increases based on their size.
Companions will now stop trying to revive someone when you pull them to your position.
Any companion will no longer help other companions who got defeated while underwater to drown.
Domino recruit npc will no longer "softlock" If you remove Brutus from your team, after either letting him move in to your world, or not.
The mod will no longer try drawing or updating the animation of companions not in camera range.
Drowned companion town npcs will now be moved back to their houses, when they are knocked out.
The script of checking for targets has been made faster.
-> Eater of Worlds, and possibly The Destroyer will no longer cause your game to lose fps.
The mod will no longer show the companion name twice on their death message.
-> If you didn't see this bug yet, I congratulate you for taking care of your companions.
Revamped a bit Vladimir body sprites.
Companions requests and bounties will now give you Exp on NExperience Mod.
Asking for food to Minerva now gives a share of them to the companions following you.
Asking Minerva to give you a Grub Soup, will no longer only give you 3 Grubbys.
-> She will also not prepare a Grub Soup for herself to eat. She will instead get 3 bowls of soup.
Added Blue's Red Riding Hood Outfit.
-> That outfit also has a cloakless version disponible. It is unlocked alongside the normal outfit.
Fixed Zacks sprite when knocked out. It no longer shows only his sprite outlines.
Companion town npcs will no longer check if someone around is being chased by enemies.
-> This change is to fix an issue that was causing the game to lose fps. Companion town npcs will still chase enemies near them. And try protecting npcs hurt near them.
Leadership skill now increases Max Health.
Companions will now be aware when someone near them is hurt by something, and try seeking who hurt It.
Fixed Minerva's Reviving frame not having position for her hands set.
Readjusted Minerva's arm sprites when standing.
Calling and dismissing a companion will have their message text codes parsed correctly.
-> "[name] approves." - WRONG!
-> "Rococo approves." - Correct :3
So many things changed with this update, but I'll try resuming them.

Blue gained her first outfit, the Red Riding Hood outfit. That outfit is directly related to when she met Zacks, and I'm really sure that he'll react if sees her wearing It when you speak with him. I took the liberty of also adding a Cloakless version of that oufit, in case you only want to see her on her adventurer outfit, instead. You can see the outfit on the post above.

I rolled back Malisha's move in requirement, you can now make her move in to your world right after meeting her. She's going to move in to your world, right? Then why would she refuse to live in your world until a certain friendship level?

I did some bug fixes on some companion recruitments, like Brutus, Bree and Domino.

A number of companions had sprite changes: Fluffles, Vladimir and Minerva had some revamps in their sprites. I hope you like them.

Several bug fixes.

And now the most waited part: CPU usage reduction.
The game got a major cpu usage reduction, so It should behave better even if you have about 10 companions on your world, following you or not.
I finally managed to be able to play the mod with about 30 fps, even with Visual Studio opened. 2 days ago, I spent several hours grinding on the dungeon alongside my companions, and didn't found any problems, other than the fact that NExperience had a bug where I was only getting exp when having Well Fed buff (Yes, that bug is fixed by now). Anyway, now the mod is a lot more playable, and doesn't requires a computer that runs Starbound at 60 fps to play.

Now what are you waiting for?! Hop in-game right away :D.

Last edited:
Brutus skeletrons quest still failing,and after upgrading the dialogue system,i found out that it insta fails after aссepting(i can immediately report of failing to him).Test that on new map and without mods,same result (maybe i do something wrong?how that quest suppose to complete?)
Nothing critical, just thought you should know

So that's why my framerate was going down alot eveytime I fight the eow. It was a bug :D

Nice update.
Not really a bug.
There was an AI condition I added for when the companion was a town npc, to check if nearby allies were in danger.
Of course, with several body part npc spawning, and checking if any ally was nearby or in danger, that causes a massive lag.
I had to change how those companions will check if there is someone in danger, and probably It wont cause problems.
Brutus skeletrons quest still failing,and after upgrading the dialogue system,i found out that it insta fails after aссepting(i can immediately report of failing to him).Test that on new map and without mods,same result (maybe i do something wrong?how that quest suppose to complete?)
Nothing critical, just thought you should know
I'll have to review the scripts involved in the request objectives.
There must be something wrong happening with either the script of checking if the companion is summoned, or if someone got defeated.

A Hotfix arrives!
Nerfed the number of Double Cods that Bree asks on "Stay" request. She will only ask for 5, instead of 15.
Fixed requests that requires nobody to be defeated, or the requester to not be defeated instantly failing.
Now you will be able to unlock Brutus skin.

Damn, how much homework you had?
By the way, I have no idea of mods you can try It with.

Also, hotfix coming soon, to fix the problem @Backrevol is having.
Well the "recovery" started at 18 of january and ended in 29 of january, but i'm a pro and finished almost all the homework in a whole year in 4 weeks B)
I think i'm gonna do it with elements awoken, i think it was called xd, cause i haven't tried it yet

Well the "recovery" started at 18 of january and ended in 29 of january, but i'm a pro and finished almost all the homework in a whole year in 4 weeks B)
I think i'm gonna do it with elements awoken, i think it was called xd, cause i haven't tried it yet
Good luck. And nice job on doing a great job on your homework, let's hope the teacher gives a good score to them.

@topic I've been checking the Nakano's Terraria Mod discord group, and I saw a person saying that the left and right thumbsticks are inverted on the two player mode. If someone here has tried 2p mode, can try explaining what is happening to me?
I think that only the vertical axis are inverted, because for some reason, they are actually inverted when I get how much they are pressed, but there is no way I can test that, since I don't use or have a controller.

Good luck. And nice job on doing a great job on your homework, let's hope the teacher gives a good score to them.

@topic I've been checking the Nakano's Terraria Mod discord group, and I saw a person saying that the left and right thumbsticks are inverted on the two player mode. If someone here has tried 2p mode, can try explaining what is happening to me?
I think that only the vertical axis are inverted, because for some reason, they are actually inverted when I get how much they are pressed, but there is no way I can test that, since I don't use or have a controller.
I still have my Xbox One controllers let me see if i get them to work, so i can check that

That will be helpful.
I directly copied this from the addendum post bellow the main post on this thread:

I said:
There is a 2P system implemented in the game, but I'm unable to test if it works because I have no controller. You don't need to talk to a woman at the church and ask for 2P Battles to unlock it, you just need to press Start on the controller while in-game, and pray that it works, since as I mentioned before, I couldn't test it.
The controls can be found here.

Finally maganed to make the dumb controller to work, so yeah the aiming left and right are reversed and idk why but i crouch by going up with the movement stick lol

I see, so the entire thumbstick controls are reversed. Probably is the case with the aiming too.
I'll try fixing those things.

And what I discovered today, is that controller thumbsticks are weird.

Hotto Fixo launchedo!
Changed the position the mod takes the camera position, to actually be the center of the screen.
-> That way, companions wont have problems drawing when the camera is far away from the player.
Possibly fixed the issue where the thumbstick controls were inverted.
-> Why the thumbstick variables returns the intended value inverted?!
Fluffles body sprite got changes to her head.
Companions who have move in level, will no longer leave their houses and their world, when someone who doesn't have the friendship level enters It.
Fixed a bug where companions would try changing their perspective when looking for targets, if no one they check distance for is nearby.
-> That could cause heavy lags, includding on invasions.
More lag reduction when playing the mod. Invasions may behave better now.

Also, inverted the thumbsticks variables, to see if they give the correct direction.
I will still need to do some work on 2P mode, because I want to add a kind of control menu for the ones in 2P, to execute certain actions.
That could allow one, for example, to pick up a player and put It on the shoulder, without the need of friendship level to have the player mounted.
Would certainly make 2P mode more interesting :D.

Enjoy :D

While hanging around with Alex dog found wery weird thing,on his birthday i abuse giftgiving when suddenly play Lunatic cultist spawn sound.That dog is definetly hiding something!He do something bad to Irene,i'm sure that!

But be serious,i unfortunatley didn't notise what cause to play that sound.It happend when i give second present and got message that i improve friendship with Alex

(also,for future respriting plans,maybe it just me but Alex's face become wery short,like mops have,when play revive animation)

While hanging around with Alex dog found wery weird thing,on his birthday i abuse giftgiving when suddenly play Lunatic cultist spawn sound.That dog is definetly hiding something!He do something bad to Irene,i'm sure that!

But be serious,i unfortunatley didn't notise what cause to play that sound.It happend when i give second present and got message that i improve friendship with Alex

(also,for future respriting plans,maybe it just me but Alex's face become wery short,like mops have,when play revive animation)
The only problem actually is the fact you abused the gift giving interaction. I have to fix that bug sometime.
And the "lunatic cultist spawn sound" you heard has a rare chance to happen when gifting a companion having a birthday, so It's not specific to Alex.
The reasons I placed that specific sound to play by chance, is because not only It will spook the people gifting them, but also because
It sounds like It's saying "Hooooooow did you knoooooooooow?".

As for Alex's face when reviving someone, It's because I had problems with perspective when sketching his face looking downwards. I'll have to revamp It in the future, of course.

Back
Top Bottom