tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

The only problem actually is the fact you abused the gift giving interaction. I have to fix that bug sometime.
And the "lunatic cultist spawn sound" you heard has a rare chance to happen when gifting a companion having a birthday, so It's not specific to Alex.
The reasons I placed that specific sound to play by chance, is because not only It will spook the people gifting them, but also because
It sounds like It's saying "Hooooooow did you knoooooooooow?".

As for Alex's face when reviving someone, It's because I had problems with perspective when sketching his face looking downwards. I'll have to revamp It in the future, of course.
Oh..umm,false alarm then.My bad

After some time found that quest that require to defeat twins doesn't work.Defeat twins separately and together,fast and slow,with and without mods,it just doesn't count when i defeat them and quest doesn't progress

Last edited:
Quick question, how do you get Nemesis? I've been farming possessed armors for a while now and no luck in having him appear.
There's 1/100 chance of appearing when you kill a Possessed Armor.
The game shows a message when It shows up, just keep killing Possessed Armors.

Whaaaaaaaaaat? No new message since February 25th?!
I'll change that!
Update is out!
Tweaked some more the companion targetting AI.
You can no longer spam give gifts to your companions through their dialogues.
Domino will no longer sell you Stynger bolts when you have Stingers (which drops from Hornets in the Underground Jungle) in your inventory.
Changed Brutus dialogue a bit on Domino's "Mysterious Package" request.
Companions will now be drawn on by the world when their owner player is petrified.
-> That will fix the issue where companions simply disappear when your character is petrified.
Companions should now be petrified on the correct conditions, now.
Improved companions aging and growth process.
-> Now the companions aging will be based on a timer in the player, so the player controls how old they are.
-> Companions younger than 18 years old will now appear smaller.
-> Added the possibility of changing a companion group aging speed.
-> -> That doesn't means they will have birthday parties more frequently. Their birthday will still happen every 32 days.
-> The Cait Sith companions have now their own group, with a different aging process:
-> -> They will age 367% faster than the other TerraGuardians.
-> -> This group affects Sardine and Bree.
Companions going melee will now have their direction enforced to their target direction.
-> That is to avoid them swinging their weapons to the oposite direction of their target.
Companions with negative health will have their health sent to 0.
Alex's initial weapon is now a Tungsten Broadsword, instead of a Trident.
Giant Dog Guardians has also got their own group.
-> Their group ages 466.67% faster than normal companions.
-> Alex still has age 42, but he's now 9 years old.
Fixed a problem where Alex would stop using his left arm to attack while the player is mounted.
Updated the sprite of Sardine that shows when he's inside the King Slime.
Expanded Rococo's dialogues.
Added a button to the Guardian Selection Interface, to take you to the wiki page of the companions.
-> That also resulted into swapping the Close Button position, to the originally intended Wiki button position. Now It's located on the upper right of the window.
Added some missing dialogues to new companions, related to Leopold recruitment.
Removed the dialogue option of removing companion from party when the player is on Buddies mode.
-> I added a few extra lines of codes when loading save. Now the game should force your buddy to show up, in case you dismissed It.
Companions will no longer simply disappear just because your character turned into a ghost.
-> Companions will also start their idle AI when your character is dead.
Some companions will not sleep while at bed, so you can speak with them right away.
-> Zacks is an example of those kinds of companions.
You will no longer receive messages telling you that your Starter Guardian can now be called, due to friendship level increasing.
-> Starter Guardians are always willing to follow you.
Further improved the move in level requirement, making so Starter Guardians no longer refuse to move in or anything If you didn't met their friendship level.
Setting companions to "Avoid Combat" no longer means "dumb" in combat.
-> They will also now less likelly attract monster aggro in that state, too.
-> Due to each combat row having their own defined distances, you can now set them up when the companion is using this.
Having Vladimir follow you doesn't means he will instantly stop giving you a hug.
Vladimir will no longer bury you on the ground, when you ask him to stop hugging you, while he's sitting on a chair.
If your companion is holding an offhand item, like a torch, and the position the torch is at has a wall, the companion will lower It's arm.
Companions using furnitures will now be shown behind npcs.
Made some companions no longer use the method created to automatically calculate their maximum status.
-> Companion affected by that: Vladimir.
Fixed scrollbar misbehavior on the Guardian Selection Interface.
Companions perception of nearby characters now works again:
-> They will no longer check for players, npcs and companions around when looking for threats, as It used to before.
-> Now they have a variating cooldown before they spot who's around them again.
Companions will no longer try teleporting home, when they don't actually have one.
Fixed a bug where defeated homeless companions would be teleported away from the game map.
-> To solve this issue if It's still happening, companions will be moved to spawn, if they have negative position.
Companions will no longer try targetting enemies that are behind walls.
Alexander and Daphne arrives!
Companions will no longer have their "mouse" pointed directly on their target, when they aren't attacking. Instead, they will have their mouse halfway to their target.
-> That's to avoid companions from taking too long before they decide to attack, in case target changes.
Say hello to Alexander.
Dog Guardian Sleuthhound.png
Alexander: "*I believe you are not involved in my friends disappearance, right?*"

This companion is one of the 3 special companions that were spoiled on a TerraGuardians Popularity Contest. He's supposed to have 3 Terrarian friends, but I'll have to build them overtime, since I'm currently a bit overloaded, heh.
He and his gang used to investigate cases of mysterious ghosts in some places of the Terra Realm, and eventually found out that they were all people in disguises. They never actually found out that he's a TerraGuardian, since he always stood on four legs whenever they were around, but never found It weird that he could speak with them through their mind. Or did they?

He grows stronger as he sleuths TerraGuardians, by simply identifying them, and knowing every aspect of them. Of course no TerraGuardian would be willing to let him discover such things, so he had to find an alternative ways of doing so.

Now say hello to Daphne!

Oh, sorry, she's quite shy. I won't really talk much about this companion, but she was a request from a player, and I really felt like adding her. As for how you find her? Well... Good luck. :3 His owner knows how to get her, you will have to find out. My tip? Well... Help your friends. :3
:3/10

Companions now ages! Well, somewhat. They will appear smaller than usual whenever their age is lower than 18. A number of companions will also age differently compared to others, like the case of the Cait Siths and Alex. That doesn't means they will have birthdays more frequently, since Age != Years Old, so they will still have birthday on the same day every in-game year, regardless of their age.

The companions can now die of old age? Well... Not yet, I still need to think how I'll do that. But I implemented a draft of a rebirth system, but I'll need to formulate the idea before I manage to actually release It, even more since there should be benefits and cons for doing so.

And to end those news: The Guardian Selection Interface now has a link to the Wiki page of the companion you're accessing, just click on It and Zoom! Your browser will open and show you the wiki page related to the companion. Sadly, there haven't been any entries on the wiki, so I doubt that will be useful, so please help filling the wiki with info :/.

Well, That's all, folks! I hope you enjoy the update, and probably have no bugs on It.

Have fun :D

Companions now ages! Well, somewhat. They will appear smaller than usual whenever their age is lower than 18
So that's why my Furious Pig Man deevolved into angry pigy kid

Meanwhile.Quest with defeating twins doesn't work,no matter how i kill them,separate or together,they doesn't count as defeated

So that's why my Furious Pig Man deevolved into angry pigy kid

Meanwhile.Quest with defeating twins doesn't work,no matter how i kill them,separate or together,they doesn't count as defeated
I'll see if I can buff his age a bit, since It's not really intended of the pig guardians to be that small.

Also, of course that the quest would never complete, I forgot to avoid checking if the other boss that needs to be killed isn't the one you just final hitted.
I'll be launching a hotfix soon.

Edit: Hotfix launched.
Wrath's age went from 11 to 15.
Fixed an issue where quests asking you to kill Spazmatism or Retinazer, required you to not have both active in the world, when checking of the other is dead.

Last edited:
Another hotfix launched! This one is to fix an issue that Gaomon Mod had related to aging and scale, but also may be useful in the future.
Added an option to disable aging scale, on the guardian group internal settings.
-> This is actually necessary for Gaomon mod, and may also be useful for other companions.

Dog Guardian Sleuthhound.png
Alexander: "*I believe you are not involved in my friends disappearance, right?*"
The new terraguardian looks really nice
also a stupid idea happened trouhg my mind: Imagine that if tou put yourself the name "Nakano15" would activate a developer mode to activate a Developer Mode where you can Modify the Guardians skills, age or something like that xd
just ignore that, i don't think you have that implemented and it would maybe be a little difficult to implement

The new terraguardian looks really nice
also a stupid idea happened trouhg my mind: Imagine that if tou put yourself the name "Nakano15" would activate a developer mode to activate a Developer Mode where you can Modify the Guardians skills, age or something like that xd
just ignore that, i don't think you have that implemented and it would maybe be a little difficult to implement
Hehehe... Yeah, let's see when you meet him.

No, actually that's easy to implement. The problem is the following: If such an easy way of activating the developer mode existed, many people would create characters named "Nakano15" to abuse of the games system.
It's kind of like the case of Minecraft and users with the character named "Notch". For official game users that isn't a problem, since you need to login to play the game, but if people used a pirated version of the game, they could simply name their character "Notch", and get a free apple everytime they start a new world. In tModLoader case though, It's very easy to simply create a character named "Nakano15", beside I generally don't name my Terraria characters based on my nickname. (Yes, there's no Nakano15, Nakano16, Nakano17 and stuff named characters in my local Terraria saves, and you probably wouldn't know that I'm in the middle of the players if we were even in a server, unless I tell on forums/discord who am I).

Also, modifying guardian skills, age and stuffs like that aren't actually done in-game, since the informations of the companions are directly tied to the source of the mod.
Beside that may idea may end up opening a window to how I could add the possibility of creating custom guardians, without much knowledge of programming, and without use of Visual Studio.

Want to say that Twins quest now work.

Also found thing that you can max out guardians health with one ether hear/fruit.When i open their inventory through Main terraguardian menu(where all info about them) and put 1 ether heart,they use it without consuming,untill max their health

Also radian quest with killing lihzards a little bit buggy.When lihzard switch to quad mode,they doesn't cound as killed,but if you onepunch them from existence in ther first stage,then count

(Sorry that i post one or two bug,i just report when i saw something wrong.Maybe i shoud report to you in PM?)

Those are actually interesting infos to know. I'll check out those issues.
I'll check out those issues.
(If It's gameplay breaking, then yes (ether heart stuff))

Beside that may idea may end up opening a window to how I could add the possibility of creating custom guardians, without much knowledge of programming, and without use of Visual Studio.
Oh, cool to know that my idea gave you ideas xand also i'm trying to learn how to program and when i end up the 7 homeworks i have to do i may try to do something pretty for the mod, like a koala or a panda idk
Oh man this can't be true, i wrote all you see above since yesterday and didn't click post wtf, now i'm doing it.

Brutus found weird ways of defending someone eh?
I'll try fixing that bizarre bug. Thanks for the report.

Edit:. That bug actually showed that controlling companions wasn't actually resetting AFK timer counter when moving the companion.
Issue fixed.

Last edited:
Brutus found weird ways of defending someone eh?
I'll try fixing that bizarre bug. Thanks for the report.

Edit:. That bug actually showed that controlling companions wasn't actually resetting AFK timer counter when moving the companion.
Issue fixed.
Brutus can defent player while he AFK? That's nice thing.
Well, this is an amusing bug I found.
You'd better delete this video before Zacks find out that Brutus is making proposal to Blue.Or we loose one guardian permanently:D

New TerraGuardians mod update is launched!
Did some little fixes to Mabel's left arm sprites.
-> The connection with the body now gives the idea that there's a shoulder in the way.
-> This also allowed me to find out that the left arm color, was disconnected from the arm, when she was kneeling on the floor.
You can no longer abuse of the not following companions inability of consuming items, to easily max out their health and mana.
Companions now knows that Lihzahrd and Lihzahrd Crawlers are the same monster, so request requiring them will count them as killed.
Companions will now take in consideration the player controlling guardians when checking if the player is afk or not.
-> That will also fix the bug where Brutus tele-protects the player when controlling a companion.
Fixed a number of cases where the companion aim position wasn't set to their center, upon spawning.
-> That issue could cause companions not to use ranged attacks because their cursor was trying to catch up on them.
Fixed Domino's right arm not being correctly colored when using a chair.
Fixed Mabel's left arm outline not being shown when sleeping?
Companions will no longer have their combat behavior AI work only when they aren't using an item.
All companions will now show their messages correctly.
Companions will now correctly try going home, and using their house furnitures when there.
The mod will now better know the furnitures at a companion house.
-> Possibly now will avoid companion using furnitures from other's house.
-> That will also make them try using furnitures at their houses, when It's not sleep time.
Postponing a companion request will now have their reply parsed.
Malisha got some fixes on her leg sprites.
-> I think I'll have to work on It again later.
You can now have 7 companions following you.
-> You need Friendship Rank 32 to unlock that.
Watch the new housing system, It's still in testing. If not many bugs plague It, I can advance further into making companions behave more intelligently when living in one.

Also, companions will no longer stop behaving in combat when using an item, and town npcs companions will no longer act like morons when going home.

Last edited:
would it be possible to have rudimentary thorium healer compatibility and I don't necessarily mean them knowing how to use them i mean the guardians just being affected by them like a player would also bards empowerments too if possible

Back
Top Bottom