tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

That bug is scratching my head, since I can't find what possibly could be causing that.
@Letrew , which mods are you using, other than TerraGuardians?

About the two bugs you found...
1: I know. To avoid drawing the companions in the world twice, there is a flag to check if they were drawn after drawing the tiles, or after npcs were drawn.
The problem, is that the game settings menu skips the moment where the flag is reset, so they are never drawn again while the settings menu is open.
2: I have bumped into that bug before. I'll have to investigate that issue. It were happening when I were trying to make a copy of the companion spawn on the world, upon dismissing It on a world where It's town npc didn't spawned.

Edit:. I forgot to tell, but a long time ago, I added a script to check if there aren't companion clones in the world when you load the world. That may solve your problem.
I think I figured out what was happening. When you talk to one of the guardians, you have the option to "Let's get some rest.". I kept resting "Until dawn", not realizing that the brightness was dimmer than during the middle of the day. That was my mistake. I appreciate you two looking into it.

Edit: As a side note, I'm just playing with TerraGuardians currently. At the time of posting, the dim brightness lasted throughout the whole day and night until I rested again, but I currently cannot replicate what happened anymore.

Last edited:
I think I figured out what was happening. When you talk to one of the guardians, you have the option to "Let's get some rest.". I kept resting "Until dawn", not realizing that the brightness was dimmer than during the middle of the day. That was my mistake. I appreciate you two looking into it.
No, wait. That actually may be related to the bug.
If the brightness can get stuck, that means something is overriding the rest action.

Maybe things like mounting on the companion while the screen is fading in may be the causer.
I'll see if I can avoid their action of being overriden.

Well,found another way to abuse giftgiving,but this time i use item that manipulate ingame time,such as Simalation Control Unit from Alchemist mod.Enchanted sundail work correct.

Edit:Just spotted that Blue's party hat fly when she sleep on 1 screenshot

Attachments

• 20210423224725_1.jpg
    20210423224725_1.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 20210423225537_1.jpg
    20210423225537_1.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 101
I don't know if I can fix that exploit. It could simply end up breaking the day/night cycle checking of the mod, but I'll try.
And definitelly, Blue's hat shouldn't be flying when she's sleeping.

Ps:.
Alexander: "*Now listen up to a story,
about a little guy, who lives in the blue world...*"

New update is out! I recommend you to get It right away, since the changes are cool. :D
Fixed an stray pixel on Brutus Royal Guard skin.
Added a penalty for having more than one companion following you on Buddies Mode.
-> That penalty reduces the bonus your character and your buddy will get, based on how many companions are following you.
Fixed a bug where dismissing companions in certain moments would turn them into Rococos.
Changed how the town npc companions will be drawn.
-> That will ease how the mod will draw them.
Made the Rest AI not be cancellable.
Blue's hat will no longer be shown when she's sleeping and sitting on a throne, when she's actually holding a bunny.
Fixed an issue where the companion dialogues with only 1 option had a ugly background overlapping when the frame was transparent.
Alexander will now have a dialogue for when he's using a bed.
Companions will no longer be restless at home.
Fixed an issue where health regeneration were still stacking at full health.
-> That caused fps issues when having a large number of companions in the same world.
Companions are now able to move in to houses in the world they are into, when they are homeless, and you gave them permission to move in.
Changed a number of divisions for multiplications, to ease memory processing.
If you were having lags while using NExperience Mod, while having this mod active, and several companions in your world, then I have to say that this update solves the issue.

Also, I added an extra penalty for having other companions with you when on Buddies Mode. And possibly now the game will have easier time drawing companions, but I still need to think how I'll make them be drawn in different layers. The old script for drawing before an npc, required at least one npc in the vicinity to havethe companion visible, and of course, that was a problem.

Enjoy :3

hey why do you think that in order to have support for a mod it needs to have that mod as a dependency? I mean fargos soul mod dlc only has fargos souls (which has the dependency of fargos mutant) but it has content for calamity thorium and even dbz mod but it doesn't have those as dependencies. or even just fargos mutant modded boss summons are sold by mutant after you defeat their respective bosses but fargos mutant has no dependencies.

I don't really think that I could use weak reference to make Thorium weapons work with TerraGuardians. But I still need to check how It is to make the compatibility to Thorium.

As I said before: Companions works differently from the player. I would need to translate the equipment status to the companions, or else they will only give defense, at most.

I've found a crash that occurs when speaking to Brutus the lion when he is visiting your world. He says he want to test your steel and you are given two options: choosing "Let's do this!" or "Hire instead (5 Gold Coins)". When I choose "Let's do this!", my game crashes immediately, showing the first picture. Here is my Terraria log: Terraria Log - Pastebin.com
Terraria Error.png

Edit: This picture is what I clicked before the crash.
Let's do this.jpg

Last edited:
It's not intended of him to crash you to desktop when you agree to test your steel.
I'll see what is happening. A workaround for that is simply paying him, btw. If you got the coins.

Edit:. Btw, if you manage to trigger the crash again, go into My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs and post here the clientlog or something .txt.
Edit 2:. Nevermind, I already found the issue. The fix is coming next update.

Last edited:
I've found a crash that occurs when speaking to Brutus the lion when he is visiting your world. He says he want to test your steel and you are given two options: choosing "Let's do this!" or "Hire instead (5 Gold Coins)". When I choose "Let's do this!", my game crashes immediately, showing the first picture. Here is my Terraria log: Terraria Log - Pastebin.com View attachment 318492

Edit: This picture is what I clicked before the crash.
View attachment 318494
Talks about fair fight,used game crash to win:D

Yeah. Brutus hates when people uses debuffs on him, but doesn't mind crashing the others game.

Edit:. Only now I noticed that Letrew posted the crash log.

If she crashes your game, then It's not supposed to happen.
Just check that,luckily,she just kick our sorry butt to main menu,not crash game

Being inspired by starbound colony npc conversation,maybe,in far future,make conversation system betveen guardians?So Rococo can discuss with Brutus mudcrab,that he saw yesterday.Or Sarine start fleeing from Blue after short chit chat.

Just check that,luckily,she just kick our sorry butt to main menu,not crash game

Being inspired by starbound colony npc conversation,maybe,in far future,make conversation system betveen guardians?So Rococo can discuss with Brutus mudcrab,that he saw yesterday.Or Sarine start fleeing from Blue after short chit chat.
I have something like that prepared on the mod source, but I didn't begun yet working on that.

i thought she just kicked you to the main menu but I wasn't sure is she supposed to do that? and if so why?

Back
Top Bottom