tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

Do you think you can increase how long they can be away from the player?I feel like it's way too short they die more from monsters because of it

Generally, a "Revive" text appears on the mouse when the mouse is in the right position.
If the manual reviving isn't working, just have the companions near another companion that is not knocked out, and they will revive them.

Does blue hate me?I can't talk to her

Attachments

• 2021-05-25 (1).png
    2021-05-25 (1).png
    263.8 KB · Views: 110
I remembered some things about reviving:

some times reviving process rapidly stop and start again,text on mouse switching between revive and reviving in 0.1 sec.(problably FPS issue,when i switch in options frame skip to slow,smooth way,that issue doesn't appear,and reviving process go correct)

some times when revive buds they didn't gain health(thanx for making regeneration rod,it helps).They health raise from 0 to 1 and immediately reset back to 0.Had to use that rod to wake them.That issue some times disappear by itself when comes new day (4.30 ingame time)

I tried but nothing.There are times where it fixes itself but idk how
That was actually an issue result of the code place change. I didn't changed how the mouse click is checked and ended up using a variable that at the moment the script ran, would never be active.
I remembered some things about reviving:

some times reviving process rapidly stop and start again,text on mouse switching between revive and reviving in 0.1 sec.(problably FPS issue,when i switch in options frame skip to slow,smooth way,that issue doesn't appear,and reviving process go correct)

some times when revive buds they didn't gain health(thanx for making regeneration rod,it helps).They health raise from 0 to 1 and immediately reset back to 0.Had to use that rod to wake them.That issue some times disappear by itself when comes new day (4.30 ingame time)
Yeah, the change I did on the last update was supposed to fix part of those issues, but actually broke revive from player.

But fear not! Why?! Because the update is here!
Increased the range at which companions will move away from your position in combat.
-> It went from 368 pixels to 500.
Alexander will no longer try sleuthing himself.
Fixed an weird issue where companions couldn't go sleep.
Also fixed an issue where companions were unable to use bed correctly, depending on the direction the bed is facing.
Companions should now better know that they are at home.
Getting knocked out while having the "Heavy Injury" debuff will now instantly send one to knocked out cold state, or die instantly, depending on mod options.
Companions can now say things when they are revived.
-> The things they say differs depending on wether they got help to be revived or not.
The dash cooldown of companions will be resetted when It stops.
Fixed bug where you couldn't revive companions.
Changed some conditionals to see if fixes an issue where you can't interact with some companions, if they just executed some action.
"Injury" debuff now reduces the maximum health gained upon entering downed state to 25%, instead of 50%.
Also, as you can read, this update is a bit nefarious. Try not to get Ko'd thrice in a row during your gameplay, okay?
Beside if you enabled the option of not getting your characters killed when health is depleted when Ko'd, you'll still be fine.

thank you sooooo much for puting time into making this mod it feels great to go adventuring with all the terraguardians when i cant play with my freinds and im glad the revive bug got fixed

Heh, have fun.
Beside I still need to work on making them more... Interesting.
For that, I'll need to finish the dialogue system easing.

I was intending to hold on this update for longer, but there's a specific bug fix It brings, that will make your game more playable with multiple companions.
Idle action while companions looks at the background now last longer.
It's no longer necessary to have a companion selected on the Guardian Selection Interface, to be able to use the Close button.
Fixed the mod not recognizing the last frames from Bree's animations.
Fixed a drawing issue related to companions that should be drawn behind npcs.
-> That will reduce severelly fps drop in your world, caused large number of npcs on your screen.
Companions will no longer be drawn when they shouldn't, like when far away from screen.
Added a chair sitting frame for Domino.
-> His feet will no longer pass through the floor when sitting on a chair.
The mod will now show the correct damage value for weapons equipped on companions.
Neutral damage now exists for TerraGuardians.
This line here is the reason:
"Fixed a drawing issue related to companions that should be drawn behind npcs."
I did a mistake on an update that I launched some time ago, where I didn't added a flag to check if the npc that is being drawn is actually the first, so every npc that is visible on your screen, were redrawing companions living in your town. That was also troublesome, since the mod wasn't checking either if they were on screen in many cases, so regardless of where the companion is in the world, the mod was trying to draw It.

This update will not only fix that issue, but make the game a lot more playable. Having multiple npcs around will no longer cause your game to lag like hell.

Enjoy your gameplay :3

Something I noticed is in mods such as calamity in the abyss they aren't effected by the acid water which I thought was weird but then again you probably didn't do anything for that.It would make it more interesting if they did.Maybe also increase the ai to make it so they tried to doge hazard it's painful to watch them go in the lava

Nothing happens when companions enter acid water, because the mod Itself doesn't even know It exists. Neither I knew that calamity mod has acid waters, even more since I never played that mod.

And an AI to avoid hazards and suicides is something I'm planning have some time. The necessity of such an AI is so huge, that I'm even avoiding taking companions to the underworld, while not having a hell bridge, and the reason why you can already imagine.

Nothing happens when companions enter acid water, because the mod Itself doesn't even know It exists. Neither I knew that calamity mod has acid waters, even more since I never played that mod.

And an AI to avoid hazards and suicides is something I'm planning have some time. The necessity of such an AI is so huge, that I'm even avoiding taking companions to the underworld, while not having a hell bridge, and the reason why you can already imagine.
That's what I thought with the calamity.i was wondering if you would be adding that as a thing.I love having my companions with me but it's weird seeing them survive acid like that.I really enjoying this mod so I hope my suggestions help you out.

I would probably need to check out Calamity if I do so. Beside I still need to check Thorium some time too. :/
I'll see what I can do.

Back
Top Bottom