tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

Oh sorry for that, Also thank you so much for responding!!! I reunited the family thanks to you!!! Also Vladimir picked up Glenn mid conversation.

Attachments

• Family.png
    Family.png
    412.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I used to think Krumel is a really weak companion,until i realise she can mount on me ( i really don't understand how she can do that). From that, i carry her on my back instead of let her move on het own , And she complete destroy all the boss i summon ( i just need to dodge attack to keep her alive). This mod really hide many interesting thing :)

Where can i get the birthday present? The game sometime notify me about someone s' birthday and this time is Krumel birthday. i really don't want to cheat it from cheatsheet,it make the present not have many mean

Attachments

• Krumei Attack.png
    Krumei Attack.png
    596.7 KB · Views: 91
Oh sorry for that, Also thank you so much for responding!!! I reunited the family thanks to you!!! Also Vladimir picked up Glenn mid conversation.
Looks like he got moved by the reunion hahaha.
I used to think Krumel is a really weak companion,until i realise she can mount on me ( i really don't understand how she can do that). From that, i carry her on my back instead of let her move on het own , And she complete destroy all the boss i summon ( i just need to dodge attack to keep her alive). This mod really hide many interesting thing :)

Where can i get the birthday present? The game sometime notify me about someone s' birthday and this time is Krumel birthday. i really don't want to cheat it from cheatsheet,it make the present not have many mean
Currently, only the Party Girl sells the Presents. I'm thinking about making the Merchant also sell them, since I'm having really bad luck at making her move in. (not enough houses)
Ps:. Woah! Titan sized Fluffles.

Reactions: Phu
Sorry for asking this, I really love the fact that the Guardians can live with other Npcs, but I feel that once it's ported to 1.4, that feature might have to go in order for the Hapiness feature to work with the Guardians, I can't wait to home Fluffles next to Blue since last I checked they liked each other. Makes me wonder if Sardine and Bree will hate or love each other, but they can have in common a like for Glenn. Also would like to report a bug that I had in a older play (Haven't reached that point in the current play to test it again.) back when the mod had a blue interface, I gave Sardine the Phantom Phoenix bow, he got stuck with his hands in front of him, withouth beign able to attack. Also you couldn't take the bow away from him. Sorry if you already fixed this, but I remember it disabled Sardine for me.

Sorry for asking this, I really love the fact that the Guardians can live with other Npcs, but I feel that once it's ported to 1.4, that feature might have to go in order for the Hapiness feature to work with the Guardians, I can't wait to home Fluffles next to Blue since last I checked they liked each other. Makes me wonder if Sardine and Bree will hate or love each other, but they can have in common a like for Glenn. Also would like to report a bug that I had in a older play (Haven't reached that point in the current play to test it again.) back when the mod had a blue interface, I gave Sardine the Phantom Phoenix bow, he got stuck with his hands in front of him, withouth beign able to attack. Also you couldn't take the bow away from him. Sorry if you already fixed this, but I remember it disabled Sardine for me.
I didn't actually thought much about how the happiness system would work with the companions, but I would obviously need to make a new system to make that work.
As for the Phantom Phoenix bow, It's maybe because that bow functions really differently compared to other bows. Bows like Phantasm actually functions like projectiles themselves, and I didn't managed to make them work yet.

Ah I see, I wish you the best of lucks in your mod, is my favourite. Decided to play the OOA with the companions, because I really like the event. and it's a blast, giving them minions allows you to build your own little army. Would be interesting to see them deploy sentries, but I believe that would be impossible to code and implement.Can't wait for more updates!!! Also even the Dryad is helping!

Attachments

• DryadHelp.png
    DryadHelp.png
    496.1 KB · Views: 83
  • OoaArena.png
    OoaArena.png
    340.4 KB · Views: 81
-Phantasm actually work on Fluffle ( or Krumel). But in a really weird way. Instead of fire four arrow, she fire 1 only one arrow(that what i see on srceen) but it actually 4 arrow ( it deal 4 time damage on enemy and target dummy ). but the light bow after that won't fire like the player use.However, Her Damage when using Phantasm still really high even she can't unleash it full power.

-I pick minerva as my buddy on my next journey in calamity mod, And she.... really broken. Infinity Food everyday :))

Last edited:
Ah I see, I wish you the best of lucks in your mod, is my favourite. Decided to play the OOA with the companions, because I really like the event. and it's a blast, giving them minions allows you to build your own little army. Would be interesting to see them deploy sentries, but I believe that would be impossible to code and implement.Can't wait for more updates!!! Also even the Dryad is helping!
Making them place turrets doesn't seems impossible, but I would need to think of a way of making them not conflict with the player turret.
Beside I think I have quite an idea of what I could do to make their sentry placement AI, beside I would need to add a way of knowing how many summons the companion has invoked.
-Phantasm actually work on Fluffle ( or Krumel). But in a really weird way. Instead of fire four arrow, she fire 1 only one arrow(that what i see on srceen) but it actually 4 arrow ( it deal 4 time damage on enemy and target dummy ). but the light bow after that won't fire like the player use.However, Her Damage when using Phantasm still really high even she can't unleash it full power.

-I pick minerva as my buddy on my next journey in calamity mod, And she.... really broken. Infinity Food everyday :))
-It's like I said before: Weapons like Phantasm functions differently, because they are actually projectiles. I will need to fix them before they reach their full potential. Beside I fear I will need to make a "different projectile" for them, to avoid conflicts with the player scripts.
-Not really infinite. She wont give more food if you have at least 20 food in your inventory. She will still give food to your other companions following you, if the previous requirement isn't met, either.

A important TerraGuardians Mod update is out now!
Fargo's sign image bellow the inventory interface will no longer obstruct first companion face.
Increased the chance of Cinnamon appear when her recruit npc requirement is met.
Fixed a bug where Vladimir's arms were shown as carrying someone, when he's knocked out.
Fluffles tail will now correctly be shown in front of the mount, when the player is sharing mount with her.
Fixed Glenn's helmet placement.
Companions that just was woke up by the player will now look at them.
Fixed a positioning issue characters carried by Vladimir were having.
-> Now they should stay in his arms correctly, instead of having signs of "acceleration" and "deceleration" when he's in movement.
Companions will now react to Honey buff.
Fluffles will now be invisible when she's exposed to daylight, and she isn't close to you.
-> She will have only 10% opacity if she's in your team.
Added new companion reactions to:
-> When player dies,
-> When player is knocked out,
-> When an ally is knocked out,
-> When spots a rare loot,
-> When leaving to sell loot,
-> When the player is at a dangerous health level (< 30%),
-> When the companion is at a dangerous health level (< 30%),
-> When running out of potions (Has 4 left on the inventory),
-> When just runs out of potions (Used the last one),
-> When spots a boss,
-> When defeats a boss,
-> When a invasion begins,
-> When an invasion ends,
-> When an event begins (Eclipse, Blood Moon, Moon events),
-> When an event ends (^).
Added Common Status system for companions.
-> That system allows things from companions, like life crystals used, mana crystals and skill progress of each companion to be the same for any character.
-> You can turn it on or off any time on the settings.
-> Upon opening the game at least once, the game will try populating the Common Status infos, based on the highest value of health, mana and skills companions you've met have.
-> -> The status will not be updated again after that. Their progress will diverge, so I recommend you to focus on either playing with or without the system.
Changed how companions scale change effect works.
Added a tutorial message for when you speak to the Dryad at least once.
Made the game take it easy on the companion infos and datas getting.
Feat Mentioning implemented.
-> Companions will have the chance of commenting about things you did with your other characters, when you start a dialogue with them.
Starting a dialogue with a companion you're either mounted or sharing mount with, will no longer try making them face each other.
Changed how the comfort friendship gain works:
-> Companions will no longer gain friendship point automatically due to comfort, after their comfort reaches the max value.
-> To gain the friendship point, you need to speak to the companion. If the comfort point is at the max point or higher, you will gain a friendship point.
-> Furnitures like Beds and Chairs will give more comfort points.
-> Reduced the max comfort points necessary to increase friendship.
In Bounty Quests, instead of saying that you hear a "deafening" roar, It will instead say that you hear a "furious" roar.
-> #SaveTerrarianEars
Companions will now say correctly their messages saying that they can move in to the world.
Added a fix to an issue where Captain Stench animation could show the wrong frame when using furnitures.
Companions will now dismiss all their summons when using a better summon item.
-> They will also dismiss all summons if you remove their summoning items from their inventory.
Did some changes to summons AI to avoid summons invoked by companions of crashing the game on tile collision checking.
-> Also added a out of bounds preventing measure to avoid that from happening again.

Common Status System

The Common Status system for companions has been implemented.
A lot of people got confused when I tried to explain this system, so please pay attention.
The common status system will make a number of things from the companion be the same for that companion, for all characters you play with.
What do I mean is, for example, if you have the system turned on, and you make Rococo use 2 life crystals in a character, the effect of the 2 life crystals will still be in effect on Rococo regardless of which character you play with, so the max health increase progress is shared across all versions of Rococo through your character saves.

The system above can share info about companion health, mana and skill. You can turn health and mana sharing, and also skill progress sharing on the mod settings.
When you enter the game at least once, the mod will try populating the health, mana and skill progress infos of the companions based on the progress in your characters. That only happens once, though.

Feat Mentioning System

Companions will now mention feats done by your other characters. When you talk to them, they may speak about what you last did when playing with another character. You wont be able to see them mention feats about the character you're playing as, by the way.

The writing may need some work, though. Be sure to give feedback about mentionings that doesn't feel right, since some of them may feel a bit... robotic and forced.

The feats will last a number of in-game time, based on Terrarian days, so old feats will be deleted overtime.

Change to Comfort friendship exp earning

The comfort friendship exp earning has also been changed. Instead of automatically giving you a level of friendship anytime the companion gets enough comfort level, you will now need to speak to them to gain the exp points. In the other hand, you'll see that it's somewhat easier to get friendship exp from companion comfort points, so be sure to speak to your buddies from time to time :3.

Well, that's actually all I have to mention about the update. The next thing I want to make, is so the companions life time be shared globally, instead of based on the player. For the previous to happen, I'll need to build a companion aging system. What will happen if a companion be way too old for adventuring? Well... I'll leave that as a cliff hanger right now. Better I prepare myself to surprise you guys :3.

Until next update, and have fun :D

Awesome new update!!! By the way I saw the "Taking for Dungeon Run" video about Zacks, and the description says he appears based on Rng. I'm actually having problems having him spawn. I remember the first time I saw him was on the Crimson, I had to defeat him and press the Mercy option. But I believe you now need Blue to be with you for him to spawn, but I ran out of Ideas. I tried both on Crimson and Corruption (Fargo's mod), tried in a blood moon, tried post bosses,taking Blue with me, leaving her alone Etc. Also I noticed that Michelle tends to take away my pets, maybe is because she's a Terrarian companion. Also for the Sentry idea, maybe have them only deploy during events, to avoid cheesing of bosses of course. I actually got some people to try your mod in a Discord that I'm part off, it really needs more spotlight. Sorry again for the wall of text.

Awesome new update!!! By the way I saw the "Taking for Dungeon Run" video about Zacks, and the description says he appears based on Rng. I'm actually having problems having him spawn. I remember the first time I saw him was on the Crimson, I had to defeat him and press the Mercy option. But I believe you now need Blue to be with you for him to spawn, but I ran out of Ideas. I tried both on Crimson and Corruption (Fargo's mod), tried in a blood moon, tried post bosses,taking Blue with me, leaving her alone Etc. Also I noticed that Michelle tends to take away my pets, maybe is because she's a Terrarian companion. Also for the Sentry idea, maybe have them only deploy during events, to avoid cheesing of bosses of course. I actually got some people to try your mod in a Discord that I'm part off, it really needs more spotlight. Sorry again for the wall of text.
It's actually easier to read if you split topics by jumping lines.

For Zacks case, I recommend you to speak with the Dryad. You are missing a few requirements for him to show up.
That bug with summons may be because the companion is accidentally taking your pet as their summon. I will need to investigate that issue some time.
The problem with sentries, is that the companion will need a way of knowing when It's the perfect moment to invoke one. I'll probably have to add them the knowledge of which sentries they invoked. The issue will be finding out where they should place them.
And It's always cool that new people tries the mod, and is even cooler if they like the experience from playing with it :3.

OMG I didnt' knew Companions could sleep on beds!! Look at Fluffles she looks so cute! I really need to read the past versions of the mod to know more about this things.
Also I will separate the topics, thanks for the tip.
The only Guardians I believe I'm missing are the Wraith one and Daphne, I know you just kill wraiths to get that Companion, but Daphne is completely new for me, my guess she is in the sky due to her halo,I'm also spamming the Dryad talk button to know about Zacks.
Btw when is the mod anniversary? I feel something special can be made for it, and I also want to celebrate it in game and on the discord.
Also I got an idea for a mechanic for a new companion, say you add a Cheetah girl, and to recruit her you have to defeat her on a race, she would be frail but hits like a truck, just an idea.
Last second adition, I got Zacks by reading the Dryad's dialogue, but now I'm stuck in this part of the quest, I already talked to the Nurse and the Clothier, Blue tells me to talk to Zacks, but there's no option available, I tried having Blue with me and without and no luck so far.

Attachments

• Sleepy.png
    Sleepy.png
    449.3 KB · Views: 91
  • ZacksProblem.png
    ZacksProblem.png
    423.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
The attack patern the zombie boss of this mod is unavoidable(,and dealt too much damage early game,and he also has a really big bug(i record a video about it)( make me cannot leave the game or do anything else). Really not cool, i hope no one else get this bug. YOu should fix that boss attack partern,and fix the bug that if he kill a player in knock out mode,that player will be slain instead of staying knockout
( video about the bug)

OMG I didnt' knew Companions could sleep on beds!! Look at Fluffles she looks so cute! I really need to read the past versions of the mod to know more about this things.
Also I will separate the topics, thanks for the tip.
The only Guardians I believe I'm missing are the Wraith one and Daphne, I know you just kill wraiths to get that Companion, but Daphne is completely new for me, my guess she is in the sky due to her halo,I'm also spamming the Dryad talk button to know about Zacks.
Btw when is the mod anniversary? I feel something special can be made for it, and I also want to celebrate it in game and on the discord.
Also I got an idea for a mechanic for a new companion, say you add a Cheetah girl, and to recruit her you have to defeat her on a race, she would be frail but hits like a truck, just an idea.
Last second adition, I got Zacks by reading the Dryad's dialogue, but now I'm stuck in this part of the quest, I already talked to the Nurse and the Clothier, Blue tells me to talk to Zacks, but there's no option available, I tried having Blue with me and without and no luck so far.
I made companions be able to make use of furnitures, so if you decorate your house, you will see the companions making use of them.
The mod birthday is July 31th, so It has already passed.

About the Cheetah girl, one thing actually comes to my mind.
I don't mean that I may not end up doing, or may be impossible, but you can have an idea of what comes on my mind about that.

I think you bumped into a bug on that quest. Hotfix will be coming later. I just checked, and the dialogue of ending the quest will never trigger.
The attack patern the zombie boss of this mod is unavoidable(,and dealt too much damage early game,and he also has a really big bug(i record a video about it)( make me cannot leave the game or do anything else). Really not cool, i hope no one else get this bug. YOu should fix that boss attack partern,and fix the bug that if he kill a player in knock out mode,that player will be slain instead of staying knockout
( video about the bug)
I didn't noticed your message until now. It seems like for some reason, the character is being able to avoid death. I'll try finding out what is going on.

Last edited:
I launched a hotfix for the latest version of the mod.
Fixed a problem where Zacks outfit quest could lock if you never talked to Zacks about it.
Wrath is now genderless.
Fixed a bug where having 0 of Max Weight allowed you to carry more companions than should.
Fixed Alexander's backward revive arm drawing priority issues.
Fixed an issue where some of Fluffles backward animations weren't showing correctly.
Alex will no longer try placing Irene's tombstone on top of Living Wood Trees.
Removed the scaling from the Zombie Guardian, to avoid issues.
Fixed an issue where your character could have perpetual deaths on a number of boss fights.
Reduced the occorrence of a bug related to targetting system from happening.
-> That bug could cause a number of issues, like Wall of Flesh not being able to finish off players.
I feel really depleted after this one... I think I will have to consider taking a break of the mod for a while.

Take a rest man, you deserve it. You are doing God's work with this mod. And I believe you are doing it alone.
One little bug that I found is that Guardians won't move and you can't house them in rooms that have Modded furniture, in the pic is the Yew wood from Thorium, and the Guardians don't like it.
I'm glad you liked my Cheetah girl idea. Not sure how a glass cannon body type would work in the mod, but what I like about the idea is how you recruit her, having to race her and all (I suggested female because there's less girls than boys Guardians)
I wish you the best man, I really love this mod and I can't wait to see it's future. I will keep you noticed about any problems I have.
If there was a Developers choice contest like there is for texture packs for mods, I would defenitely nominate this mod.It really is awesome!!!

Attachments

• Furniture.png
    Furniture.png
    265 KB · Views: 93
Take a rest man, you deserve it. You are doing God's work with this mod. And I believe you are doing it alone.
One little bug that I found is that Guardians won't move and you can't house them in rooms that have Modded furniture, in the pic is the Yew wood from Thorium, and the Guardians don't like it.
I'm glad you liked my Cheetah girl idea. Not sure how a glass cannon body type would work in the mod, but what I like about the idea is how you recruit her, having to race her and all (I suggested female because there's less girls than boys Guardians)
I wish you the best man, I really love this mod and I can't wait to see it's future. I will keep you noticed about any problems I have.
If there was a Developers choice contest like there is for texture packs for mods, I would defenitely nominate this mod.It really is awesome!!!
I know about the issue with modded furnitures. I need to study how tModLoader does the furniture recognition for mods and stuff, and then readapt the furniture usage script for that.
I'll ignore the reason you placed inside parenthesis. The idea of racing her may be tricky, but I'll add that to the possibility list.

Now that I completed Zacks shirt quest, it makes me imagine that once the mod is on 1.4, there will be a separate credits roll for the mod, there would be screens featuring: Zacks back to normal, Fluffles revived and able to talk again, Fury happy in a flower field, Glenn having his family reunited, Etc
Are there more ways to support the mod? I don't have my debit card available for now (It's blocked) but in the future when I have it and start working I would like to support the development of the mod, maybe via Patreon. Or maybe there's other ways to support the mod?

Not entirely so sure if anyone has talked about this already but. If you use a custom race from MrPlague's Authentic Races mod
Michelle Would be the same race as you.
1630821224516.png

1630821250860.png

1630821297146.png

Reactions: Phu
Back
Top Bottom