Terraia 1.3 MAX DAMAGE (help me find it!)

MrTheEpicNinja

Terrarian
Hey everyone! It's great to be back on the forums kinda... I feel bad because I've barely visited them since 1.3 release.
That and I haven't posted anything on TMEC since my golem afk farm (which I believe still works)

Anyway I'm getting off topic.
So... The Maximum Damage in Terraria 1.3
I need the help of the TMEC forums to figure out which methods there are into getting the highest DPS/impact damage/ theoretical damage possible!

This is for my updated Max Damage video for Terraria 1.3
(which alongside top 5 weapons has been the most highly requested)

If you haven't seen it yet, here is the Max Damage for 1.2.4, my most popular video to date :)

If you have any methods/ideas/clips that you want me to feature in the video let me know in the comments of this thread.
If the method deals around 50k+ damage/DPS it has a chance of making it into the video!!

So far this is the best I could get 720K DPS with the Last Prism. (yes this is a screenshot from my top 5 weapons video)

wmplayer 2015-08-06 21-04-13-92.png

Another promising method is the stacking of Nebula Arcanums
and the SDMG with luminite bullets (140K DPS)

Thanks! I hope to see you again soon TMEC. Any help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED

Do teleporters/portals "retain" fall damage?
e.g. You are falling down 5 blocks-->Fall into a portal-->Fall down another 22 blocks. (Fall damage taken.)

If yes, then the limit of 23270 fall damage should be breakable...

23270 damage was broken in 1.2.4 against Fisheron, against the player teleports don't work (i think) not sure 'bout portals.

I THINK that the last prism works like the heat ray - it can hit numerically infinite enemies at once.
Cool! Shouldn't that mean that you can rather easily get an extremely high DPS? You can teleport and hoik target dummies...then use a weapon like the heat ray...

There is still a cap of 200 dummies and you can potentially do more damage by massing ~1000 pumpkin blade heads and making them hit very close to each other...

e.g. You are falling down 5 blocks-->Fall into a portal-->Fall down another 22 blocks. (Fall damage taken.)

If yes, then the limit of 23270 fall damage should be breakable...
this is damage dealt to enemies not players :p
[DOUBLEPOST=1438862688,1438862583][/DOUBLEPOST]
I THINK that the last prism works like the heat ray - it can hit numerically infinite enemies at once.
Last prism has a beam distance to my knowledge.. However, if i can get 200 dummies lined up then get crits of 1.5K 6 times a second on all of then, then couldnt i get nearly 1.8 mil DPS??

Most penetrating projectiles will deal damage every 10 frames with some exceptions. Interesting exceptions include stardust dragon which has a 6-frame cooldown. I may look into the code to see what else..

And non-penetrating projectiles stack with penetrating damage. Rarely does a single method win because you can always stack methods together, like what happens when you stack Method #4 and #2 in your video.

EDIT1: Last Prism has a 5-frame cooldown? Please confirm.

EDIT2: I list some of the special cooldowns:
Nailgun: 1
Explosive Bullet: 5
Electrosphere: 8
Meteor staff: 5
Nebula Blaze: 5
Stynger: 7
Piranha gun: 8
Razorblade Typhoon: 6

Last edited:
It's very well possible to reach insane amount of DPS using Last Prism and a smart use of Nebula Armor's buffs, I don't believe it's possible to reach such numbers with any other weapon otherwise. Also lining up two rows of mannequins enhances it even further as it bypasses Last Prism's beam range limit by having more mannequins clustered up together till the mannequins limit or the mannequins despawn distance are reached.
Credits to @Suweeka for the gif.
1988475417.gif

1,95 kk dps, damn! I was a bit slower, just checked the star dragon, got 0,87 kk, used hoiks to place more than 100 dummies in one spot.

72831207897f4d8980ccf54f4aa7e4ac.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1438870094,1438868086][/DOUBLEPOST]Hm, I got an idea that maybe we should try to test damage on crawltipedes, I wonder if it is possible to force only them to be left around the player.

I think 2 mil might be the max for the Last Prism, unless I'm missing something set up or buff wise.
nFRLMjB.png

Edit: I forgot the crystal ball -_-

This sounds tedious to set up, so I will leave putting this into practice for others, but what if you took 200 dummies and teleported/hoiked their ghosts into one place? That would open up some new weapon options.

what if you took 200 dummies and teleported/hoiked their ghosts into one place?
Hoiking them into one spot is a good idea. Unfortunately, target dummies have a spawn cap at, I think, 99. In my test above, I had 100 and one wasn't responding. To be sure of the number though, I'm probably going to run some tests on a fresh world. I might have some stay dummies floating about there.

Fall Damage from top to bottom of the world provides highest possible single instance of damage. I mean really, there are no weapons that could deliver more than 23270 hurt points. As for 1.2.4, highest single enemy hurting number was around 1000, and this record was held by sniper rifle with specific setup, shroomite armor and in specific conditions. Not sure what the new record should be, Last Prism easily reaches 1400+ damage on dummies. Highest base damage is 1420, according to the wiki, but can't be delivered to the enemy, since psycho knife has to be held.

The subject here is DPS, summary of delivered damage instances, so that should be counted separately. I was thinking about firing the laser diagonally to hit more targets, but as people mentioned, dummy hitboxes have a set spawn cap. I wonder if critters/bats can be used, total spawn cap is around 200 (probably including dummies), and bats are counted as half an enemy.

No. Portals reset fall distance and at any rate, damage is calculated by the difference between the height at which you started falling and height at which you next touch the ground (absolute measurement).
target dummies have a spawn cap at, I think, 99
Yes, definitely~100, rather than 200. But I counted it at exactly 100:
If the DPS readout can be spiked with a single 1/6th of a second worth of higher damage then you could suddenly possition 10 x Mobs from each statue (and 15 naturally spawned mobs too). Timing and setup would be far harder than just the dummies since you'd only have one damage cycle on all the statue mobs, etc.

At this point the precise details of the DPS meter are very important. It might be better to go for the inverse approach of hitting a (single) high health target (or dummy, I suppose) with a large number of accumulated projectiles. More like one of @Vazilin's (old) speed kills: this thread, his YouTube playlist. It seems you already discussed the Horseman's blade approach in @awesomegamer919's thread on highest possible damage in 1 tick.

I don't know what new non-piecing weapons there are now in 1.3 endgame (like bullets, pumpkins). There should be a theoretical cap of 1k projectiles, but their persistance time verses rate of fire will be limiting. But if the DPS meter is the definitive measure you've deceded upon (rather than, possibly more accurate calculations), and if it averages over 1s, then this approach will be severely handicapped. (I presume damage from multiple players wouldn't count in your record setting attempt? Even if you did something awesome like take down the Moon Lord in1 tick?)

[Edit: oh, and you'll remember to link this thread in any video you come out with, MrEpic, of course. :)]

I counted it at exactly 100

Tested it on a fresh world and got 100 too, apparently I have a rouge dummy somewhere in my main world....

Edit: Also I tested placing 100 in one ocean and place another on the other side of the world and it didn't work, so it seems to be a hard cap and not a cap within a certain radius like mob statues.

As was mentioned in the thread [URL='http://forums.terraria.org/in...feel-free-to-add-your-inspiration-here.28027/, immobile dummy NPC spawns at dummy's location when you come close enough to it (100 tiles or so), and will not despawn unless 10000 tiles away from the player. Given the width of <9000 tiles on large worlds[/URL], these things never despawn unless player dies, exits or destroys the dummy.
Amount of active dummy NPCs is also, as Bahamut2001 stated, capped.
So the only way to get more targets is probably spawning additional mobs from statues and using dummies.

I recall there was some accesory giving you more damage when below certain health percentage...

Back
Top Bottom