Terraia 1.3 MAX DAMAGE (help me find it!)

Oh, and to help you hit all those statue and invasion mobs at the same time, you could use an actuated wall to gate the last prism beam in. Although W1k seems to have demonstrated swinging it around nicely, this would be an easy certainty on every test run.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438906052,1438905908][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and does it have to be just one weapon at a time? You could accumulate projectiles from another weapon and have them hit at the same time as the last prism to boost the DPS number to the max. Maybe there should be different categories of this max damage idea (beyond melee, ranger, etc), like an olympics.

Oh, and does it have to be just one weapon at a time? You could accumulate projectiles from another weapon and have them hit at the same time as the last prism to boost the DPS number to the max. Maybe there should be different categories of this max damage idea (beyond melee, ranger, etc), like an olympics.
the problem is getting other projectiles at the same time. all traps would interfere with the prism and most other projectiles require you to swap weapons...
Accumulating before is a good idea but how would you do it? the charge up on the prism takes too long before the other projectiles are used/disappear...

just some quick tests on bunched up test dummies
125k Tsunami (hellfire arrows)
425k Terrarian
435k Solar Eruption
1 mil Lunar Flare
25k Meowmere (that surprised me)
26k Star Wrath
100k Nebula Arcanum
300k Nebula Bkaze
400k SDMG (exploding bullets)

but how would you do it?
See the link to the speed kills, I re-posted above: you either rain down arrow from the top of the world, or accumulate projectiles while moving horizontally at exactly the same speed (minecarts should make that easy for some, hoiks might match some faster types). Then you teleport ahead a little, just far enough to give time to get the beam going.
just some quick tests on bunched up test dummies
How many dummies and how many of them get hit in each case? Ideally better to list damage per dummy/target-hit and also damage type (piecing/non-piecing), maybe note other physical limits.

How many dummies and how many of them get hit in each case?
It was 100 dummies and I hoiked them all to one spot via teleport float glitch to drop them onto a hoik track.
PiNsOwi.png

When hitting them like that the damage numbers are just a big blob. It was just a quick test to see what the weapons could put out, I didn't have all the damage buffs I could have had.

hmm... not as good as I hoped :/... ah well hopefully there are at least some 1.2.4 or earlier weapons that are good...

one last suggestion, last prism but also have crimson and 2 nimbus clouds, their dps isn't huge but its still pretty good...

It's very well possible to reach insane amount of DPS using Last Prism and a smart use of Nebula Armor's buffs, I don't believe it's possible to reach such numbers with any other weapon otherwise. Also lining up two rows of mannequins enhances it even further as it bypasses Last Prism's beam range limit by having more mannequins clustered up together till the mannequins limit or the mannequins despawn distance are reached.
Credits to @Suweeka for the gif.
1988475417.gif
Holy guacamole thats absolutely insane!!!! 1.9 million!!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1438932861,1438932816][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think 2 mil might be the max for the Last Prism, unless I'm missing something set up or buff wise.
nFRLMjB.png

Edit: I forgot the crystal ball -_-
Ohmagawd!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1438932978][/DOUBLEPOST]
It was 100 dummies and I hoiked them all to one spot via teleport float glitch to drop them onto a hoik track.
PiNsOwi.png

When hitting them like that the damage numbers are just a big blob. It was just a quick test to see what the weapons could put out, I didn't have all the damage buffs I could have had.
@ZeroGravitas so is 100 or 200 the limit? Also i'm gunna need to make a hoik track, how does the teleport float glitch work again?

Holy guacamole thats absolutely insane!!!! 1.9 million!!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1438932861,1438932816][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ohmagawd!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1438932978][/DOUBLEPOST]
@ZeroGravitas so is 100 or 200 the limit? Also i'm gunna need to make a hoik track, how does the teleport float glitch work again?
As far as I know, the limit is 100, not 200. And, about the feature (calling glitches features! XD), you stack 3 teleporters and break the bottom one. The top one will remain. In the target dummy case, I think you would need 2 teleporters and 1 target dummy.

I propose we also talk about theory and how DPS is calculated, now I only will cover the targets part:

We need to maximize the amount of hit boxes available and locate them in one place. Targets that came to my mind:

1. Target dummies
2. Statue spawns
3. Corrupt/crimson chests
4. Bosses
5. Event Bosses
6. Critters
7. Monsters

Some of them will probably interfere, so we need to know which of those belong to one type, to choose targets with max health/lowest armor in each type.

And, about the feature (calling glitches features! XD),
It's not a bug, IT'S A FEATURE! :D

Oh, and does it have to be just one weapon at a time?
I thought about bringing that up, but the objective is achieving highest DPS with a single weapon with any buffs possible. Otherwise minions should be used as well - some of them damage dummies. When I was doing stuff in my test area, I spawned stardust dragon to protect me from underground mobs and it spent roughly 2 seconds slowly flying through dummies, showing few thousand DPS

Last edited:
Some small update on weapons:
1. normal and bunny canons are also counted by the dps meter and give 90k and 105k damage respecively on 100 dummies
2. tried to stack projectiles from star cannon so that they all hit dummies in one frame but for some reason i'm getting only about 13k dps displayed.

Some small update on weapons:
1. normal and bunny canons are also counted by the dps meter and give 90k and 105k damage respecively on 100 dummies
2. tried to stack projectiles from star cannon so that they all hit dummies in one frame but for some reason i'm getting only about 13k dps displayed.
Star cannons projectiles are piercing so only 6 hits/sec

Back
Top Bottom