• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

PC TerraMonolith's 1.4 Journey builds (vanilla Terraria, no mods)

TerraMonolith

Terrarian
In-Game Creations Category
General Builds
In-Game Creations Type
General Builds
01-LogoTerrariaForumsPosts.png

Greetings!
This thread will be my showcase for various builds in 1.4 Terraria / Journey mode, starting with pylons and NPC houses (100% Vanilla Terraria, no mods).
All buildings are meant to be functional with at least one useful room (except for the purely decorative of course). Please forgive me for any grammar mistakes since English is not my first language.
I will try to answer all questions regarding the used resources, but it will not be really fast since most of the time I am at work (shifts).
P.S. All rights belong to Re-Logic

*All NPC are temporarily removed for the purpose of taking the snapshots.
Build #1 - Jungle grove with "world-tree" (upload 13.09.2020) - artificial jungle biome with two-way teleport system for moving up and down the tree.
Houses for the Painter, Dryad and Witchdoctor (in that order from left to right) with the corresponding Jungle Pylon.
Inspiration from:
@Blobtits 's "Revamped Living Tree" / @Pellaeon 's roof, window and stairs design (Painter's house) / @BigManTing0w0 's exquisite 3D(2.5D) designs (Witchdoctor's shack) / @Khaios 's tree sculpting tutorial

JunglePylon-Painter&Dryad&Witchdoctor.png
Build #2 - Merchant's Trade post (upload 13.09.2020) - two story house with living quarters above the first-floor shop and stacked wares with horse carriage (no horses) in the grotto/ravine (?).
Since the Merchant is going to be living on his own, there is a lake for fishing/relaxing (the pathways above the lake are actually connected to the bottom "roots" of three adjacent living trees on the upper surface).
The whole lake area may be subjected to further development.
Inspiration from: @Pellaeon 's general builds / @Khaios 's house foundation tutorial

TradePost-Merchant&LakeGrotto.png
Build #3 - Ocean Pylon with pirate ship, small fisherman's hut for the Angler (he needs that attitude fixed a.s.a.p.) and pirate-cove inspired house for the Pirate (upload 13.09.2020).
There are also some columns for the pylon and an extra beach villa in case some other NPC shows up.
Inspiration from: @Pellaeon 's general house design / @ED209 's column design / Black Pearl's ship model (around 40% of the ship is based on it) and other sailing ships

OceanPylon-Angler&Pirate.png
Build #4 - Surface mushroom biome with the corresponding pylon and houses for the Guide and Truffle (upload 22.09.2020).
Inspiration from: @gemma 's "Mushroom tree base" for the whole biome and @Pellaeon 's builds / @Khaios 's builds for the Guide's house.
MushroomPylon-Guide&Truffle.png

SurfaceMushroomBiome&Pylon.png

Last edited:

ED209

Plantera
The grates as rigging is really clever, and that staircase on the tree is awesome, I'm nicking that. Glad you liked the columns.

Last edited:

TerraMonolith

Terrarian
The grates as rigging is really clever, and that staircase on the tree is awesome, I'm nicking that. Glad you liked the columns.
That means a lot coming from you, considering you are on my "inspiration" list :) . Everybody is free to nick whatever they feel like from the builds - as long as I have helped someone else improve their creations (even a tiny bit), then my mission is done.

TerraMonolith

Terrarian
That's really nice to hear, what have you seen of mine? It's rare I put stiff up (although that's about to change).
The "column inspiration" is from your post on a "showcase your headquaters" thread, you are on page 11 (post is from Feb 18, 2019). That one led me to check your other works on the forums.

ED209

Plantera
The "column inspiration" is from your post on a "showcase your headquaters" thread, you are on page 11 (post is from Feb 18, 2019). That one led me to check your other works on the forums.
Thanks mate, my Terrarian ego is feeling pretty good at the moment; the buildy bunch mentioned one of my CC entries in a @CheesyPaninie video a week or so ago (using dolls as "people props", below).
Terrarian Olympians.png

Attachments

Top Bottom