Builds TerraMonolith's 1.4 Journey builds (vanilla Terraria, no mods)

Small bathroom designs - UP&DA version included
05Decor-Bathrooms.png

Reactions: oko
It amazes me how you find ways to fit everything together in ways that work so easily, with the amount of blocks and walls available it seems as though your familiar with all of them. Did you achieve this just my mixing and matching different combinations? If so I'm even more impressed.

It amazes me how you find ways to fit everything together in ways that work so easily, with the amount of blocks and walls available it seems as though your familiar with all of them. Did you achieve this just my mixing and matching different combinations? If so I'm even more impressed.
Around 50% is something I have seen in other people's builds and later modified more or less (so far my "Inspiration list" have grown quite large). The other 50% is constructed from scratch and usually starts with a general idea of what it needs to look like, then it is mixing, painting and actuation untill I like what I see :) It took me more than a year to get to this point (research included), but then again I don't have much free time.

Version 1.1 of the Pirate Ship is now available (slight cosmetic changes) with UP&DA example for anyone that wants to copy/rebuild it. Check the second post in the thread or the thumbnails below for the pictures, but be warned that there is some image distortion in the upper part.
06.7 Part6 PirateShip.png <o> 06.7 Part7 PirateShipRAW.png

Last edited:
Main thread re-construction is officially done ! Here is a post to mark off the occasion:

World Tree ver.2 - Jungle Pylon and houses for the Painter, Dryad and Witch Doctor. Slightly modified Living Trees and improved teleportation system (the hole in the base of the trunk is a walk-in teleport - beams you up between the Painter's and the Dryad's houses; the white gate teleports you down to the base of the stairs on the forest floor). Connected to the Lake Grotto beneath with several passages through the root system of the trees. The mini-forest (including the World tree) is an artificial Jungle biome. UP&DA version and some close-ups in the thumbnails below or in the main thread.

06.6 JunglePylonWorldTree v2.png

06.6 Part3WorldTreeRAW.png <o> 06.6 Part2TreeCrown.png <o> 06.6 Part1Grove.png

Last edited:
Lighthouse on a cliff (west coast of the Ocean), the Pirate Ship and a Buoy. More details and UP&DA version in the main thread.

06.7 Part1 LightHousePirateShipNIGHT.png

WARNING: The light effect is inconsistent and unreliable, it is achieved with fog machines, which are visible at least 50% of the time and ruin the intended view. They also work only when a player is nearby.

Daylight view (it is still very bright):

06.7 LightHousePirateShip.png

Everything about this build is great but by far my favourite part has got to be the ropes. Not only are they really eye catching but just the way you used all these different materials to make everything look tied together is fantastic, I'd never have even imagined rail could be used that way. (this build really fits the Pirates of the Caribbean music I was just listening to.)

Lighthouse on a cliff (west coast of the Ocean), the Pirate Ship and a Buoy. More details and UP&DA version in the main thread.

View attachment 306619

WARNING: The light effect is inconsistent and unreliable, it is achieved with fog machines, which are visible at least 50% of the time and ruin the intended view. They also work only when a player is nearby.

Daylight view (it is still very bright):

View attachment 306620
The light in the fog is very clever, have you considered hooking up the fog machines to a day sensor?

The light in the fog is very clever, have you considered hooking up the fog machines to a day sensor?

Yes, I did - before realizing that the effect is unreliable - at least with the several setups that I tried. Whatever I do, the fog machines cannot be hidden 100% and it ruins it for me. I am concentrating on the other projects now (preparing the whole world and all builds for uploading), but I have plans for a revision of the whole thing at a later date.

Main thread re-construction is officially done ! Here is a post to mark off the occasion:

World Tree ver.2 - Jungle Pylon and houses for the Painter, Dryad and Witch Doctor. Slightly modified Living Trees and improved teleportation system (the hole in the base of the trunk is a walk-in teleport - beams you up between the Painter's and the Dryad's houses; the white gate teleports you down to the base of the stairs on the forest floor). Connected to the Lake Grotto beneath with several passages through the root system of the trees. The mini-forest (including the World tree) is an artificial Jungle biome. UP&DA version and some close-ups in the thumbnails below or in the main thread.

View attachment 306532

View attachment 306533 View attachment 306534 View attachment 306535
After "lake house" and the ship i thought this wont get better...
But man man man what a build.

Back
Top Bottom