Tool [1.4.4] Terranion, a web-based companion/mini-wiki! (now with offline version!)

YellowAfterlife

Official Terrarian
In the past few months I've been developing a web application that is a companion/guide/mini-wiki kind of thing.
It is intended to communicate essential information about the items in the most efficient way possible.
So there are small descriptions about the items and where to find them, their stats, and what you can craft with them.
Where possible, item information is taken directly from the game, thus is always up-to-date and error-proof.
Also I'm experimenting with the ways of storing item information, so you get item icons, tooltips, and other things.
Should be very convenient.

You can check out the latest version online:
http://yal.cc/r/terranion/

Some screenshots:
ITIBHEh.gif
wLHgkDY.png
ksHQk0Z.png
wLHgkDY.png
MJYxAoq.png
rZKm3p7.png
XfA9MxA.png

While the core functionality and all item/NPC pages are already in place, I'm still working on adding small handwritten descriptions for things that need them. Updates on the matter will be posted here.

Terranion will also be updated as soon as 1.3 comes out, allowing for item/monster stats and information to be looked up from day one.

Feedback is welcome :joy:

Last edited:
has a great feature, but should be located here instead of the mods
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/pc-guides.111/
Thanks for listening ;)
Thanks!
On first thought that makes sense and I had even reported my topic asking to move it if it's more fitting for that section... but then it's not exactly a guide either. And, more importantly, I myself would have never looked for something like this in that section. Judging from low activity in that section, people seem to generally wander there when they have actual troubles rather than when looking for something helpful for small bits of information (which this is).

Thanks!
On first thought that makes sense and I had even reported my topic asking to move it if it's more fitting for that section... but then it's not exactly a guide either. And, more importantly, I myself would have never looked for something like this in that section. Judging from low activity in that section, people seem to generally wander there when they have actual troubles rather than when looking for something helpful for small bits of information (which this is).
Well atleast you know now :)

Updated tool (pickaxe/axe/hammer) pages with "range boost" column.
Seems like 1.3 has added a fair number of new tools, but they don't have any crafting recipes, so you'll have to figure where they come from by yourself.
Also fixed issues with item/npc/category name conflicts.

Updated (together with Terrasavr) to fix some missing 1.3 item names.
The program is currently fully fit with recipes with 1.3 items but it'll be some days until new/changed drop chances - the amount of work required for that is, let's put it so, quite larger than I would wish.

Great job! Tested it this morning and it works great! Awesome job! :):pumpking::pumpking:
[DOUBLEPOST=1435954787,1435954283][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey, yellow afterlife, terrarion is not working for me... I go on and it is a stub with a search bar and whenever you search anything it goes to your blog and says that it can't find the item :( I tried searching "gold" and nothing came up can you fix this?
What browser are you using? And are you using the field that says "What are you looking for?" to search? Some browsers can pick up and suggest search for my site, but that goes to searching the blog instead of searching the particular thing (like Terrasavr or Terranion)

I'm using internet explorer and yes I did do it in the "what are you looking for" bar to search and it takes me to your blog and says there are no results

???
[DOUBLEPOST=1435956948,1435956835][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh also o tried it on chrome and it worked... So is it internet explorer that's doing it or is it my connection flopping around???
[DOUBLEPOST=1435957039][/DOUBLEPOST]And just to clarify it was on terranion
[DOUBLEPOST=1435957081][/DOUBLEPOST]And terra saver worked great!! Thanks so much!!
It's likely IE, but I'm not sure why it would do that - I can't get it to break like that here with IE11. Which version do you have?
I have also updated Terranion with a small change that might fix that problem - tell me if it worked.

This is pretty insane. Fabulous job; now just needs the new bosses added!
Thanks! I'm getting there - taking a bit longer than expected to add 1.3 NPCs due to a few unforeseen technical difficulties.
Omg.. This is amazing.. Actually I used this thing lately - http://minecraft-ids.grahamedgecombe.com/ and now when I think about it, it's kinda familiar but the one i mention is a different game and it's stuff with ID lol.

Still - This is quite amazing , not expected and extremely usefull! Awesome work! :D
Thanks! I've seen a few of such "item list" applications before, but, to my disappointment, practically none of them would display any actual item stats. So trying to not follow that path here and display all the things [of interest].

Any chance you could make an offline version? The pc I play terraria on doesn't have internet and something like this would be really useful.

Back
Top Bottom