Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 8/8.1
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So I fought EoL like 300-400 times and got terraprisma every time I killed her in the daytime, now I don't seem to get one whenever I kill her. Video evidence:
May have to do something with graveyard or weather I don't know so would love to hear from you guys!

I don't think this is a bug, the terraprisma definitley drops. I think that you've just got unlucky.

Well it's a 100% drop chance lol

Edit: I did miss some parts out, so here are they:1 this is a pre-hardmode world but i did get terraprimas from here before, 2 I did sleep before the fight to get to daytime quicker, 3 the world is Builder's Workshop which is small i think and it's master mode.

Well it's a 100% drop chance lol

Edit: I did miss some parts out, so here are they:1 this is a pre-hardmode world but i did get terraprimas from here before, 2 I did sleep before the fight to get to daytime quicker, 3 the world is Builder's Workshop which is small i think and it's master mode.
Oh yeah, you're totally right - sorry. We get so many "x isn't dropping" I went into autopilot!
I would have a go at making the world hardmode and seeing if that makes any difference.

I can't be bothered to make a hardmode world but what I can say 100% is that i did get many terraprismas from this world, anyways thank you for helping!

Steam or GOG: Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer: Single
Operating System: Windows 10
Terraria Version: 1.4.0.5
Controls Used: Keyboard/Mouse

I had the same issue last night, killed her 2 times, doing 100% of the damage during the day, and the weapon didn't drop. Either it's not a 100% chance any more, there a bug or there a secondary requirement that isn't on the Wiki (IE do all damage during from within the Hallow, she has to die in the Hallow). Both kills was in a Master Mode, Hardmode world after Golem has been killed but before Moon Lord.

Warning strong salt contained below.
Ref 1: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/644022752?t=04h39m30s.
Ref 2: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/644022752?t=05h06m10s. (Note inspite of what I said after killing her she was probably not counted as "in" the Hallow when she died, but above it).

Edit: Just killed her a 3rd time (not on stream), can guarantee now that she was summoned and died in the Hallow, still no drop.

Last edited:
Just did some testing on this, and found that the Terraprisma DOES drop when defeated in a normal world, but DOES NOT drop when defeated in expert or master, only a treasure bag drops.

May not be 100% accurate as I had to test on a journey world but it seems to be the case as several attempts in expert mode failed, but the first attempt in normal dropped immediately.

(on Steam/PC/Win v1.4.0.5)

I am almost certain I got the Terraprisma in 1.4.0.1 in Master mode, it may be worth checking to see if this bug was introduced in one of the patches?

I'm 100% sure its not as simple as Normal/Expert/Master. For reference, I just personally got Terraprisma drops in all 3 of those difficulties just to be sure. I even did them again in a Journey world to be sure, and I still had a 100% drop rate.

I've seen the videos, I'm confident the problem "exists", but its not so clear cut as just a difficulty setting issue. So its probably something Yoraiz0r is just going to have to dig into himself and see where the problem is happening.

If it'll help I can upload my player save an world save, I created a backup of it right before I beat it the 3rd time, I've also haven't played since I restored that backup so it was right before the 3rd time it didn't drop.

Hi! I created an account just to add my report to the current version of 1.4!

I tested beating her on 2 characters. One still progressing and one at the end with Zenith. Same 1.4 world, using a minecart track to fight her.

The progress character wouldn’t get the Terraprisma. The endgame one would, over 12 tests.

One major consideration to me is that the progress character passes through the Surface Mushroom biome and back again. Clear time approximately 45s - 1min. No terraprisma.

The endgame character never gets past the halfway mark of my track and thus never reaches the surface mushroom biome. Clear time approx 15s, and terraprisma drops.

Testing it in other worlds without surface mushroom biomes seems to work fine for the drops.

I will test slaying her in the surface mushroom biome to see if that’s the trigger...

Update: Summoned her in the Mushroom biome, still dropped. Tried starting in a forest biome and passing through the Mushroom biome, still dropped. I don't know anymore.

Last edited:
Looking at the video I noticed that when the player was in the graveyard they got hit and didn't die. I think the Graveyard might be counting as "night" resulting in any damage while the player is in the graveyard biome counting as being done at night. Perhaps the mechanic which causes demon eyes and zombies to stick around and or spawn in graveyards might be interfering with the EoL despite bosses supposed to be exempt? This would explain the inconsistency where players could obtain it one time but not the next as graveyards are developed when ever you die enough times as will likely be occurring a lot against Bullet Hell Empress.

EoL is invulnerable at the beginning of the fight for a moment, and some experiments show that dealing damage before this will ruin a day EoL run.

for this specific video, 238 damage was dealt at 0:07

try using a melee weapon to initiate the boss fight to avoid hitting EoL accidently

The first gametick when EoL existing in game is not invulnerable. If you hurt EoL in first gametick, the damage seeas happened in night.
When i first defeated EoL, i started dealing damage right from the moment she spawned, and the terraprisma did not drop. The second time, i waited a few seconds after she started her attacks, and the terraprisma dropped. I think this seems to be the glitch.
(Based this tests on what @ZeroRin and @Leon Xu mentioned above).

When i first defeated EoL, i started dealing damage right from the moment she spawned, and the terraprisma did not drop. The second time, i waited a few seconds after she started her attacks, and the terraprisma dropped. I think this seems to be the glitch.
(Based this tests on what @ZeroRin and @Leon Xu mentioned above).
I know this is an old post, but I just killed EoL daytime and did the same thing (started hitting her right away) and did NOT get a Terraprisma. My other character, who used Zenith, killed her and got one in the SAME world. So I think you’re onto something. I don’t think I did damage right away as my Zenith character but can’t say for certain.

Back
Top Bottom